Ability Wishlist

Options
xarfox
xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Suggestion Box
Greetings Everyone,

Now contrary to many people's belief, we here at Perfect World Entertainment do actually read the Suggestion forums.

Perfect World International is a game that is constantly changing, and we want our players to be part of that process.

So let us know, if you could add a new skill to your character/class, what skill would it be?

Try to keep your suggestions within the following format:

Class - [class name here]
Skill Suggestion - [skill function here]
Logic - [reason why you think your class needs this skill]

Here's an example suggestion:

Class - Archer
Skill Suggestion - Increases ranged damage to targets that are within melee range.
Logic - My class gets owned whenever someone gets close to me.

(That was just an example of the format of your posts, it's not meant to be an actual example of what the PWE thinks about Archers.)

Please refrain from flaming other people's suggestions within this thread. Any posts that are off topic or derogatory will be removed from this thread.

Once again, we are very lucky to have such an enthusiastic and creative player base, and we look forward to reading your suggestions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by xarfox on

Comments

• AnimalWar - Lost City
    AnimalWar - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I wouldnt mind a few more buffs for venos, and a few for wizards.
  • Lanae - Lost City
    Lanae - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    FIR..... dangit....

Combat pets for other classes ^^
    I may not approve of what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death ~ Voltaire

I may be a gamer.
    I may be a man.
    But first and foremost, I am a father.
  • AnimalWar - Lost City
    AnimalWar - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Woot first. :)b:pleased
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People rushing to get first post, how useless.

Here is your first real post.

Class - Mage
    Skill Suggestion - Some sort of stun or reliable paralyze with a low cast time.
    Logic - Our class is gimped. Our damage is not spectacular, and our survivability is absymal. Worse yet, we have no reliable disables - we have a seal that has a huge cast time (and the can still move and pot...), we have a sleep that takes 20 apocalypse pages to get and only lasts 4 seconds, and our only stun takes a year to cast and 2 sparks. We need a simple disable skill that doesn't have a huge cast time - akin to the venomancer's stun or the archer's stunshot. There's no reason why we don't have some sort of utility skill past a heal that's useless in PVP and Force of Will which, although decent, is nothing compared to an archer's stun/paralyze, a priest's paralyze/sleep, and... Don't even get me started on warrior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class: Venomancer
    Skill: Dual summon: Have two pets summoned at once!
    Logic: Would be so freaking awesome! And would be cool to be the only class able to attack from a mount ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Ieeemap - Lost City
    Ieeemap - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    cant you fix the delay melee classes have when we try to hit someone flying while chasing them...
  • Arlen - Lost City
    Arlen - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class: BM (Poleblade)
    How about a skill that Draws somone close to me...the opposite of push (eventhough push doesnt work in pvp)
    Reason: that would be so usefull against ranged players lol.
    ...Ehh.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Cleric - Speed buff
    Self-only or able to target anyone.
    Why? Every class has some kind of speed/instant movement buff or just very fast normal speed (barbs), clerics have nothing until lv79 and it only lasts 10 seconds with cooldown of 5 minutes.
    It would also benefit all other classes if they could buff others aswell.
    I dont care if it is only 5%, 10%, 15% or 100%, as long as we have something to make us NOT so damn slow comparing to everything else, mainly due to the fact that clerics must keep up with the group or the group will die (or they have to stop so the cleric catch up, stupid).

Or how about some skill fixes instead?
    Make revive recover more hp at higher levels.
    Make magic shell duration refresh when recasted.
    Make melee fighters able to instantly use their skills and no do 2-3 attacks AFTER clicking the skill hotkey before the skill is finally cast.

PS: Semi-related, but, do you guys have capacity and/or authorization to create new skills to this game?
    Because there are tons of skills with DESCRIPTION bugs, stuff extremelly simple to fix (or so a normal person would think, right?) that are still there after months.
  • Plumperella - Sanctuary
    Plumperella - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Class - ARCHER
    Skill Suggestion - SUMMON ANGEL
    Logic - Archers need guardian angels when they are alone in the woods
    b:mischievous Shawn Strickland
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - Archer
    Skill Suggestion - Passive Phoenix Immunity
    Logic - Being immune to phoenix so there owners cant bleed and hit me once then run away while having there phoenix peck at me to death. Since the GMs don't want to FIX THE ****ING SKILL OR COMMENT ON IF THEY WILL EVER FIX IT I GUESS YOU SHOULD JUST GO THREW THE EVEN MORE COMPLEX PROCESS OF GIVING US A SKILL THAT ALMOST MAKES THIS GAME ****ING FAIR.

cashshop price for skill : 200$, so it cost as much as a pheonix.
  • Biyatch - Heavens Tear
    Biyatch - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Cleric
    make skills cost less MP
    am constantly run out of MP, charms are running out too ****ing fast
  • Biyatch - Heavens Tear
    Biyatch - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    veno
    fix the flesh ream bug
    phoenix **** in pk, bleed for like 2k on robes
  • Lyssic - Lost City
    Lyssic - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - Archer
    Logic - Being immune to phoenix so there owners cant bleed and hit me once then run away while having there phoenix peck at me to death. Since the GMs don't want to FIX THE ****ING SKILL OR COMMENT ON IF THEY WILL EVER FIX IT I GUESS YOU SHOULD JUST GO THREW THE EVEN MORE COMPLEX PROCESS OF GIVING US A SKILL THAT ALMOST MAKES THIS GAME ****ING FAIR.

Only if you do it for Warrior too. :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arlen - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh.. how about a skill for Wiz's that lets them do a Dual cast for a spell they choose...but it would have a somewhat high cooldown.
    ...Ehh.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Archer
    temporarily increase accuracy by 1000% for 15-30 seconds
    skill name possible vision of the condor
    -barbs can get massive accuracy, yet the dex class has nothing to help accuracy, seriously wtf? missing on part dex bms = ew.
  • Allnighte - Lost City
    Allnighte - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - All Classes
    Skill Suggestion - Buy Charm Pack skill
    Logic - Should be bound to "O" key; can buy Charm Packs in the PW Boutique which are permanent items and should never leave the Boutique.

After you buy this skill, you can buy the next level, which is:
    Skill - Platinum Charm and/or Platinum Charm Pack.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - Archer

Or make our (archers) bleed skill bugged like veno's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class- Blademaster
    Skill Suggestion- Skill that increases attack speed for a short duration
    Logic- it'd make blademaster more deadly ;D also might give us a better chance against wiz's/clerics
  • GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary
    GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - Cleric
    Skill Suggestion - Smite of God
    Logic - Cleric's need a skill which stuns, putting to sleep isn't helpful in TW at all since one hit wakes them up and isn't as effective as a stun. This skill should be the same as wield thunder except a little bit less damage but stuns them for up to 15 seconds. (name can be anything)
  • Pixiewink - Heavens Tear
    Pixiewink - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Cleric - Speed buff
    Self-only or able to target anyone.
    Why? Every class has some kind of speed/instant movement buff or just very fast normal speed (barbs), clerics have nothing until lv79 and it only lasts 10 seconds with cooldown of 5 minutes.
    It would also benefit all other classes if they could buff others aswell.
    I dont care if it is only 5%, 10%, 15% or 100%, as long as we have something to make us NOT so damn slow comparing to everything else, mainly due to the fact that clerics must keep up with the group or the group will die (or they have to stop so the cleric catch up, stupid).

I will second that one about 300 times per minute!

Why does every MMO have it where the healer class (the one with the revive) is the slowest in the game? Party gets a mega aggro and flees in terror and its always the healer that get left in the dust to die. Must be some unwritten law of making an MMO
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - CLeric

Skill Suggestion - A sort of Hasting spell for like 3min or so to minimize recast time or movement for party or individual

Logic - Purely for the fact that it would be useful for endgame NPC bosses. Some of the twilight temple runs and many other dungeons after that have bosses that take an increasingly long time and it wears down repairs and HP/MP costs a tad. If one could minimize downtime for an individual, that could lead to new strats that could help us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mysticode - Sanctuary
    Mysticode - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Archer
    Luring Arrow
    What makes more sense? A veno telling their pet to go into a group of mobs, and carefully aggro one of them. Or an archer shooting a single mob with an arrow that would only get the attention of that one mob? Think of it this way: If I tell my dog to go bite a another animal in a pack of animals, my dog would instantly alert all the other dogs and aggrevate all of them. If I instead didn't have a dog, and from long range away, shot an animal in a pack of animals with a pellet rifle, only that one animal would feel the pellet and most likely charge me (yes I know most probably the other animals in the pack would be alerted by the one animal calling out to them, but it makes more sense in terms of a game!)
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    class: Archer
    skill: HP regain
    Logic: all other classes have some sort of skill for this...only fair.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Queen_Lloth - Sanctuary
    Queen_Lloth - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class- Archer
    Skill - A different element aoe that doesnt take forever to cast (thunder blast). Or maybe a different buff for the arrows like a water or better yet since we have metal weaken skill metal buff for the arrows. And what about element buffs for slinghsots not just arrows.
    Logic - Almost every class has different element classes.
    I think the last one is rly the most obvious tnx.
  • wiccan1974
    wiccan1974 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - cleric
    Skill Suggestion - add assistant pet
    Logic - because have low defence
  • Arlen - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Or how about one for venos that lets them blend in to their background...only until they start to move or attack again or somthing.
    Reason: I dont know...seems kinda like somthing a veno would use.
    ...Ehh.
  • Irieth - Sanctuary
    Irieth - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - Veno
    Suggestion - pat pet
    logic - Imagine being in the middle of nowhere, attacking monsters...and you run out of food for your pet because you forgot to check it...its annoying...specially if your in an fb. So, the pat pet skill raises a pets trust just enough to keep it strong.
  • XXxRennyxXx - Sanctuary
    XXxRennyxXx - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mogwai wrote: »
    class: Archer
    skill: HP regain
    Logic: all other classes have some sort of skill for this...only fair.

Lmao yeah give the archer a healing move D:
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - Cleric
    Skill Suggestion - A Buff that casts all buffs on entire party
    Logic - Reduce buffing time and mana cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quoll
    quoll Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class: Venomancer
    Skill: Dual summon: Have two pets summoned at once!
    Logic: Would be so freaking awesome! And would be cool to be the only class able to attack from a mount ^_^

Nice idea.

Class:Venomancer
    Skill: Master Tamer-a buff that gives a 20% chance to tame ANY non boss monster
    Logic: It would allow for actual pet diversity instead of having every veno use the same 3 or 4 pets.

My other suggestion would be to get female BM fist attack animations fixed so that they can punch w/ both hands and kick as part of their auto attack.
This discussion has been closed.