Ability Wishlist

1101112131416»

Comments

• Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    You'd have virtually no mp left unless you had a hiero...

b:thanks Its mainly an escape tool. Or a good combination with one of the most useless mage skills, emberstorm. It would actually make it useable.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class - [Archer]
    Skill Suggestion - [Increased movement speed, i.e. buff or passive]
    Logic - [My class is supposed to be fast in movement, but then with the **** buff we only obtain another 1m/s, i think they should have most movement of all classes.]
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class: All
    Skill: A passive Flesh Ream immunity
    Logic: It's common knowledge that the skill is bugged, so it's only adequate to address it in SOME way, otherwise you're purposely encouraging its exploitation, although you'll beg to differ. I believe this skill should help balance out the odds for the other classes.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • coldtrain
    coldtrain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class - [Archer]
    Skill Suggestion - [Increased movement speed, i.e. buff or passive]
    Logic - [My class is supposed to be fast in movement, but then with the **** buff we only obtain another 1m/s, i think they should have most movement of all classes.]

But then they could brutalize any melee char...
  • Harromellow - Heavens Tear
    Harromellow - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    New Class Ideas:

Summoner:
    Very similar to the venomancer, except that this character will summon elemental or undead creatures to aid them in battle. The monsters will be temporary, and will degenerate their hp over time. To heal the monsters, the player has a choice to leech life from the monsters (as a skill), or sacrifice its own blood to heal its pets. The pets will have their own set of skills learned from a "Summoner" trainer, not a pet trainer. The pet skills will show up on the skill tree of the character. The character, alongside with its pet summons and spells, has its own array of spells. It can only cast a few offensive / defensive skills, since most of its attacks are relied on its summons. This character can also be called a "Warlock" or something of that nature.

It should go in a new race, possibly if you are going for the 2:2:2 ratio. Perhaps a new "Lost" race, which includes various mysterious and dark classes?

A New Skill For All Classes:
    Skill Name: Last Stand (Acquired automatically at level 80, Max level 1)
    Description: Slowly weakens your body with poisonous adrenaline, increasing your Physical & Magic Attack by 150%, Physical and Magic Defense by 150%, Movement Speed by 175%, Attack speed by 125%. You become resistant to all types of status-inflicting skills, and you reflect 200% of damage taken back to the casters. When casted, you gain filled 150% maximum Hp and Mp until the end of the skill duration. In other words, if you have a current 80/100 hp, the skill will give you 130/150 hp, not 150/150 hp. After the duration is over, the Caster dies.

Information:
    MP Cost: N/A
    Target: Self
    Duration: 15 seconds
    Channeling time: N/A
    Casting time: INSTANT
    Cooldown: 1 hour
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class: Barbarians and/or Venos (preferably the whole Untamed race)

Skill: Feral Feast

This ability would allow Untamed to feast on the carcasses of slain monsters (and possibly PCs?), automatically gaining a certain amount of HP/MP back after every kill. I'm thinking it could either be a base % that's dependant on the level of the skill, but not the victim (maybe ranging from 1% to 10% or something), or it could be a raw number or base % per level of the victim (so, if it's 10 HP per lvl, a lvl 17 creature would give 170 HP), with it either being a one-time skill, or that base number increasing with skill levels.

Logic: Barbarians have high HP and take a lot of damage, thus they need a lot of healing. Percentages would work best here, as 1% of a high Hp is still 1%. Additionally, it fits well for the Untamed, the beast race, and best of all for the Barbarians (though I think it'd be cool for Veno's too).

I love your idea, however you scare me slightly.... O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • sorik
    sorik Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class: Wizard/Cleric
    Skill: Mana recovery skill, similar to nature’s grace.
    Logic: Both wizards and clerics use mana quickly and both are mana dependent classes, a skill like this would help both immensely.

Class: Wizard/Cleric
    Skill: Passive skill that cuts down mana cost of spells.
    Logic: Similar idea as above, decreasing the mana cost of spells would allow the mana to last longer.

Class: Wizards, perhaps other classes?
    Skill: Another passive skill that would decrease channeling time for some of the longer spells.
    Logic: Some of the spells take too long to cast making them only usable at the start of attacking a mob or outside of battle, e.g. stone rain or morning dew. Decreasing the channeling time would give wizards a better chance to use them. This isn’t suggesting a huge decrease or instantaneous casting like you get with sutra just slightly shorter time for skills to be more useful.

Class: Wizard
    Skill: Ability to have two elemental shields at once.
    Logic: Wizards have problems surviving and frequently have to kite mobs. However it is impossible to avoid getting hit all the time, maybe with two shields this would increase their chances of survival.

Not too sure about a few points in these suggestions, but at least the ideas are out there now to be tinkered with or flamed
    In online games those who are beneath you are noobs, those that exceed you have no life =p
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class: All
    Skill: Flesh Ream Immunity, Passive.
    Logic: You know why.
  • saetern
    saetern Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    class-archer
    skill- some kind of healing spell
    logic-it would be really helpful with stronger bosses
  • Dr Salvation - Sanctuary
    Dr Salvation - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    class-all class...except venos
    skill-some kind of cool...thingy
    logic- 1-hit kill any player or monster. jk, but it'll be nice...
    real logic-turn enemies into allies (or pets...that's why I excluded venos, don't cry please!) that will help for some short time...I think it'll be helpful when caught with aggro mobs...*ducks from flying tomatoes and shoes*
    -Die? Haha! Dying is the last thing I'll ever do in my life!-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkaina - Heavens Tear
    Darkaina - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Venomancer
    Brainwash - Similar to tame, but allows you to control an animal for a duration, no more than 5 minutes, where you can control it like a pet. At the end of the duration, the mob is liable to attack you.
    Logic - This could prove interesting. It is balanced due to having the animal attack after all is said and done.
  • Dr Salvation - Sanctuary
    Dr Salvation - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Venomancer
    Brainwash - Similar to tame, but allows you to control an animal for a duration, no more than 5 minutes, where you can control it like a pet. At the end of the duration, the mob is liable to attack you.
    Logic - This could prove interesting. It is balanced due to having the animal attack after all is said and done.

b:laugh that's technically the same thing I said, only that you're for veno's only...and yours is better explained b:victory
    -Die? Haha! Dying is the last thing I'll ever do in my life!-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phynnivar - Lost City
    Phynnivar - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class- Cleric

Skill- Aura of Mentality

Description- Sacrifice 10% total health and 10% total chi to put an aura of mentality around yourself. The next attack towards you, magical or physical, fails and your mana is healed for the amount of damage that would have been inflicted. The aura lasts for 20 seconds or until you are attacked. Evading counts as an attack.

Logic- This would be a great addition being able to convert chi and hp into mana, instead of the all so clichee, converting of mana into hp AKA healing. Also it would be in no way unfair based on level because 10% of your total is fair for any level and the higher the level you are the higher level of monsters you will be fighting so the more damage they will potentially do to you. It's also fair because you have a chance of evading, but still spending 10% health and 10% chi on the spell.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    this will probably sound stupid lol but its something ive been thinking about (im not creative at all btw)

Class - Cleric

Skill Suggestion - [Pan Gu's Creation] Summon your choice of a Level x Barbarian or Cleric to do your bidding. If the barbarian is summoned it will force the target to attack it for the duration of the summon. If a cleric is summoned, it will buff all nearby party member (if not previously buffed) and heal for the duration of the summon. Lasts for x minutes. Mana Half of Total Cast 3.5 secs

Logic - Cleric's have alot of trouble soloing. Being able to summon a temporary tank (time will vary by lvl of skill, skills available to tank/lvl of skills will depend on lvl of skill) will greatly help them. Also, not all cleric's perfer to heal, so being able to summon a healer/buffer (time will vary by lvl of skill, skills of summoned cleric depend on lvl of skill) will greatly help the average cleric or the damage dealing cleric. (level of summoned creature will vary with level of skill)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class: Elf Archer
    Skill: Wing Blessing( Make it work with cash shop wings)
    Logic: Archers are the only class that doesn't have a spammable defense move. Yes, we have wings of grace, and it's good and all but it still takes 1 spark (as it should since it's pretty damn good for a short time), but we don't have anything that would give us defense all the time, like every other class (venos have fox form, the rest have buffs). With faster flying we could run away as a defense, and effectively kite in the air. We are a class that has a natural ability to flight after all, we should be able to fly faster.

Class: Elf Archer
    Skill:Knockback Arrow (increase knockback range with level)
    Logic:The other 2 classes (1 of them being a melee class) have higher knockback range than us, even though they both start off at 12m like us. I really don't see why archer knockbacks aren't as far away as wizard knockbacks, we need the extra time as much as they do. It also won't do anything in PvP so it shouldn't be a problem.

PS: Forgot to mention flesh ream immunity.
  • Mitrogi - Heavens Tear
    Mitrogi - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class - Any
    Skill suggestion - A kamikaze attack
    Logic - When your HP is low you should be able to unleash a crazy attack that drains all your mana into damage times a multiplier hopefully killing your enemy b4 it kills you

Class - Archer
    Skill Suggestion - Increased knockback on a critical hit
    Logic - if its lucky enough to be a crit on a knockback you should get a sweet bonus too
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Venomancer

it would be balanced cuz it will attack you?????

man those venos are the ones in need of brainwash..
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    this will probably sound stupid lol but its something ive been thinking about (im not creative at all btw)

Class - Cleric

Skill Suggestion - [Pan Gu's Creation] Summon your choice of a Level x Barbarian or Cleric to do your bidding. If the barbarian is summoned it will force the target to attack it for the duration of the summon. If a cleric is summoned, it will buff all nearby party member (if not previously buffed) and heal for the duration of the summon. Lasts for x minutes. Mana Half of Total Cast 3.5 secs

Logic - Cleric's have alot of trouble soloing. Being able to summon a temporary tank (time will vary by lvl of skill, skills available to tank/lvl of skills will depend on lvl of skill) will greatly help them. Also, not all cleric's perfer to heal, so being able to summon a healer/buffer (time will vary by lvl of skill, skills of summoned cleric depend on lvl of skill) will greatly help the average cleric or the damage dealing cleric. (level of summoned creature will vary with level of skill)

that would be cool...

imagin your a barb going minding your own bussninse then suddnely walla..

your in the middle of a dungen getting bounded by countless mobs and your in like wtf just happaned why the **** am I here who the hell summoned me I was grinding dammit..b:angry

or a cleric healing in HH and then suddenly walla.......

he is summoned to help with lvl 30 mobs..b:surrender

lol EPIC PHAIL..

(I know you didnt mean real players but that would be cool)
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class - [Blademaster][All Weapons]
    Skill Suggestion - [Ranged Attack skill that Can Stun 8 - 15 sec Distance as Per Archer Range][Recharge 30sec]
    Logic - [If you Blademaster and fighting Mage, Cleric, Archer your Dead you just don't know it yet]

Class - [Blademaster][All Types]
    Skill Suggestion - [Immune To Bleed/Phoenix Attack for 30 sec But do Half Damage to Target]Recharge 30sec]
    Logic - [reason why you think your class needs this skill??? Look at Veno Pet Bugs]
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    class - all
    skill - yaulp. temporarily increases mp/ hp regeneration, but refrains you from attacking anything else
    logic - will help medding time go by faster
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • Pockums - Heavens Tear
    Pockums - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I haven't gone through all of the posts, so I don't know if these have been suggested before:

Class - all
    Skill Description - Improved meditation (passive); the multiplier to hp/mp regeneration while meditating improves with higher skill (not sure what a good increase to the multiplier/level would be); number of levels = # of cultivation levels (each level becomes available when the other cultivation skills become available, and also require the cultivation prereq.
    Logic - as characters become more aware of the universe, and are able to tap into it for various new skills, that they also tap into the universe in other ways.

Now, I'll try to think of something for everyone, and hopefully nothing unbalancing.

Class - Archer
    Skill Description - Range Efficiency (passive); 10 levels; each level reduces the minimum effective range of ranged weapons by 0.1 per level. Sage - minimum effective range goes from -1.0 to -2.0. Demon - point blank damage; 2x damage in the range affected by Range Efficiency.
    Logic - beginning archers know of the problem of close range opponents; wouldn't archers, as they get better, have spent time trying to find ways to get an effective shot in at closer ranges?

Class - Wizard/Cleric
    Skill Description - MP efficiency (passive); 10 levels; each level reduces the MP cost of spells by -2%. Sage - MP efficiency increases from -20% to -30%. Demon - MP efficiency drops from -20% to 0%, offensive spell damage increased by 10%
    Logic - A wizard/cleric learns ways to become more efficient with their MP, knowing how quickly they can die when they run out of MP.

Class - Blademaster/Barbarian
    Skill Description - Beserker (active toggle? time duration?); 10 levels; when activated, the character enters a beserk state. Bonuses: attack speed +0.1 per level, damage +20% per level, movement speed +0.1 per level, immune to debuffs. Penalties: evasion, phy def, mag def drops to 0 (100%), immune to the effects of buffs & potions and any buff or potion effect is cancelled when beserker is activated. Sage - evasion, phy def, mag def drops by 50% instead of 100%. Demon - damage goes from +200% to +300%
    Logic - Sometimes it's better to cut back on defenses to improve offense.

Class - Venomancer
    Skill Description - Animal kinship (passive); 10 levels; reduces mob aggression radius, chase time, and chase distance by 5% per level for the venomancer and the pet. Sage - mob aggression radius, chase time, and chase distance decreases from 50% to 25% for the venomancer and the pet. Demon - critical rate on mobs increases by 1%
    Logic - Venomancers, with their ability to tame wild creatures, learn to calm the fears and hostility of other creatures.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class - Blademaster/Barbarian
    Skill Description - Beserker (active toggle? time duration?); 10 levels; when activated, the character enters a beserk state. Bonuses: attack speed +0.1 per level, damage +20% per level, movement speed +0.1 per level, immune to debuffs. Penalties: evasion, phy def, mag def drops to 0 (100%), immune to the effects of buffs & potions and any buff or potion effect is cancelled when beserker is activated. Sage - evasion, phy def, mag def drops by 50% instead of 100%. Demon - damage goes from +200% to +300%
    Logic - Sometimes it's better to cut back on defenses to improve offense.

Lol melee need to take hits to deal damage. It'll be fine for ranged classes, but we're screwed without our ability to take hits.
  • Pockums - Heavens Tear
    Pockums - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lol melee need to take hits to deal damage. It'll be fine for ranged classes, but we're screwed without our ability to take hits.

Well, not having a blademaster of significant level, I tried coming up with an idea that I thought might be of use (same with the other classes). It seems like I need to level my BM more to become more aware of the strengths and difficulties that they deal with.b:surrender

With that in mind, and your feedback, maybe modify it to increase the attack speed and damage inversely proportional to the current hp? (the more damaged you are, the faster and damaging your hits become)
  • Oromis - Harshlands
    Oromis - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Class-Archer
    Skill Suggestion-AoE skill like Wingspan only stuns instead of knock back
    Logic- it will actually does something for PvP
    so i can fly away when a group of BMs try to gank with cloudsprint while im grindingb:victory
  • jimmijam
    jimmijam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    class: Wizard
    skill description: aoe sleep
    logic: so we can use the sleep, nuke method :) which is impossible pre79 and even then we cant really do it cos sleep is too short. i dont see how clerics get long paralyze/sleep times an wiz get barely anything.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I want to thank everyone for their suggestions within this thread. All of the feedback has been relayed to the development team and hopefully we'll be seeing some of these suggestions come to fruition in the near future. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.