Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Just set the timer back to 0 hours and 1 minute once then leave it alone for 72 hours. If you log out and back into the game in that time it will show you what it is currently set to not what it will become after the 72 hour cooldown is over. So just wait the 72 hours WITHOUT touching it again and it will set itself to 0 hours and 1 minute after that cooldown time is over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hellboy20
    hellboy20 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    heh i done everything u have sed its now been a week i done the 1 min thing and waited nothing has happend
  • kaschern
    kaschern Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i logged in b4 and everything was fine for about 3 secs then everybody stopped moving and i cant interact with nething, not sure if it has nething to do with this but i did notice that the safty lock is flashing and ive never seen it do that b4
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The Safety Lock is defaulted to be at 1 minute, and can not be set to be lower then that.

You may have encountered a lag issue or networking issue.

Please see this thread for networking solutions:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lol, I guess one can only expect that the people who got themselves in a pickle because they didn't read the descriptions and warnings in the safety lock will also neglect to read what's already written several times over in this thread. I think this needs to be said because it's not nearly said enough: Thank you GMs and Mods. Thank you for having the patience to write the same information over and over again for 16 pages in this thread, and God knows how many times elsewhere. Your work is much appreciated :)
  • Lycinius - Sanctuary
    Lycinius - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    how clearer of instructions do some of u people need geesh....and then ppl accidently activating it from reading this thread......youre just danger to yourselves i suggest using alt+h to hide all icons to eliminate the chance of you guys messing ur characters up and props to the mods and gms ...patience is a virtue.....and remember if it doesnt apply let if fly......
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    It can be confusing to some who aren't use to such security measures.

So, we do try to help, and Tech Support/QA rewrote the message that is displayed before the Safety Lock to try and make it clearer for all.

Thanks for the support b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • kaitokid1412
    kaitokid1412 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I need help, my little brother make a bad joke and the time is now 15 h and 12 min
    Embrace your dreams if you want to be a hero,
    you need to have dreams and ... honor!
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Amazing how many people have little brothers who **** with their safety lock settings.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • kaitokid1412
    edited December 2008
    Um I make him angry and before I make him angry i tell him about the safety lock....
  • kaitokid1412
    edited December 2008
    Please GMs deactiveted my safety lock
  • sensifa
    sensifa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    b:sadHow can i change the remaining time of 24houres and 46minutes of safety lock? please help me!!!!!!!
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Just set the timer back to 0 hours and 1 minute once then leave it alone for 72 hours. If you log out and back into the game in that time it will show you what it is currently set to not what it will become after the 72 hour cooldown is over. So just wait the 72 hours WITHOUT touching it again and it will set itself to 0 hours and 1 minute after that cooldown time is over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeledaki
    zeledaki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    hello everyone!! this is my first post!
    i've got trouble with safety lock... one minute has passed a long time ago but it doesn't turn off... i haven't changed safety's time.. wasn't it supposed to be 1 minute? plz help..
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    Please read the first post in this thread.
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I love your sig darth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • giarc
    giarc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    you should get rid of safety lock its annoying:angry
  • giarc
    giarc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    so i have to wait 3 days till i can change the safety lock thats annoying i cant sell anything!!!
  • Rejah - Heavens Tear
    Rejah - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i feel very, very sorry for you GM's/mods on this thread. you've all kept your cool pretty well tho...i would've just said "forget it" by now...
  • DarkKeeper - Lost City
    DarkKeeper - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Days Without a Safety Lock Incident - 7 Will we break the record???
    I have one. I'm sorry b:sad
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    What'd you do?

Please see the first post to see how to fix it.

b:pleased
  • DarkKeeper - Lost City
    DarkKeeper - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've read the 1st post, and now I'm just quietly waiting 3 days. But it seems, that record will not be broken this time...
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    You were nice about it. Record WILL be broken!!!

b:victory b:surrender
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    the game glitched on me today somehow making the safety lock 24 hours 59 miniutes...b:shocked
    this is really pizzing me off because i rarely stay online for more than 2 hours which means i cant talk to npc for awhile
    b:sad
    i tried to change it but it said i would have to wait 3 days(is that real days or in game days?) also every time i d/c it goes back to the 24 hours 59 minutes thing, should i change it or leave it because it will change in 3 days.
    b:surrender
    i also dont get the point of safety lock. it seems to have no use at all other than stoping u from trading and preforming all npc actions except repair. may i ask b:angryWHAT IN GODS NAME IS THE POINT OF THIS. u can still aggro, fight and die when its on so what is the point??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ???????????

if there is a way... how do i fix this prob fast...
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    -.-
    i tried to change it but it said i would have to wait 3 days(is that real days or in game days?) also every time i d/c it goes back to the 24 hours 59 minutes thing, should i change it or leave it because it will change in 3 days.
    You can change the timer for the Safety Lock, even while the Safety Lock is active. That said, there's a 72-hour timer on Safety Lock actions. You don't need to be logged in for that whole time, and you can log in and out as often as you want, but 72-hours of real life time has to pass before the number changes. The current setting will read the current setting, not the value you've switched it to, until the 72-hour period has passed. You can change a Safety Lock value while Safety Lock is active, and the same 72-hour setting change period will apply regardless of the time for Safety Lock.

To give an example, let's say I realized that my Safety Lock was set to 8 hours on Monday at 1 AM, and decided that I might want to change those. So I click Safety Lock, then type in 0 hours, 1 minute, and click the Done button, then click the Confirm button. Even though I've just logged in, I don't need to wait 8 hours.

If I log out, then log back in at 2 AM Monday, it'll still say the current timer is at 8 hours. I DO NOT WANT TO TOUCH THIS AT THIS TIME. I can still log in, log out, play the character, play a different character, anything as long as I DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE THE SAFETY LOCK TIMER AGAIN. I can not play the account, or I can play the whole time straight.

After 1 AM Thursday, that Current Setting number would change to 0 hours, 1 minute, and stay there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dustin17
    dustin17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i have been trying to figure this thing out for 3 days already are you sure that it will reset or am i going to have to start a new account
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes. Precisely 72 hours after you make a change, the value will reset, unless you attempt another change in that time period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fafnar
    fafnar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Where do I find this stupid safety lock button. I have clicked every bloody button I can find on my screen?
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Do yourself a favor: stop looking. You're only in for a world of aggravation if you find it and turn it on.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    fafnar wrote: »
    Where do I find this stupid safety lock button. I have clicked every bloody button I can find on my screen?

No... Don't do it! Don't touch it! b:shocked

Seriously. Don't look for it, don't touch it. You've been warned.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender