Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You do not need to worry about using the Safety Lock feature.

It is a security feature used primarily to help keep your account secure if you use public computers all the time (like at a gaming center).

If you use your own computer, the odds of your account getting **** and needing use the Safety Lock are next to zero.

Better off not trying to use it. Read the first post please. Then walk away... slowly... b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • fafnar
    fafnar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    dtz wrote: »
    Do yourself a favor: stop looking. You're only in for a world of aggravation if you find it and turn it on.

Actually I mailed some stuf from one character to another and it will n ot let me get it. says my safety lock is on.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2009
    The default time for the Safety Lock is one minute; it cannot be set any lower than this. If you have just logged onto the character, wait a minute and try again.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• phoenix019283
    phoenix019283 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    theres no point of saftey lock cause no ones going to **** anyones account anyway. u should really put in a password thingy instead of it or just how long n on/off button.i had to wait a month cause i didnt read anything at all...
    when i said i cant turn it off everyone said u cant...
    and then i kepted pressing the saftey lock button over and over again for bout a month until i relized the words...
    then i was like wat the **** n i had to wait 3 more days until i played again...

so really i just think they should have deleted the saftey lock ages ago...

TY for ur time i hope u dont press the button again!!!

:)(:
  • phoenix019283
    phoenix019283 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    pw really needs to cancel this piece of ****.b:angry
    im really mad now i just did this cause i cant play n stuff...
    i dont have anything exciting to do anymoreb:sad
    anyone that reads this world chat n tell everybody to complain so pw might delete the button n make a new version without it...

cya on game!!b:victory

PS:notice to all lvl 8 venos:if u want to u can come to my half-party in the creeping stream in three days.i will be droping eggs there before the party n u can pick them up.

so cya at the party venos n if u come TY!!!b:thanks
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    If you have accidentally set the Safety Lock for too long, here are the steps to change it.
    1. Go to the Safety Lock window
    2. Set the Safety Lock time to 1 minute
    3. Confirm the time change
    4. Wait three days

You do not have to remain logged in during the three day period, nor will logging in/out affect this wait time. However, if you try to change your Safety Lock settings again during this time, the seventy-two hour waiting period WILL restart, so please be patient.

Currently, the default setting for the Safety Lock is one minute. In other words, after logging in, you will have to wait for one minute before you are able to perform any of the actions mentioned below. The issue that many users are experiencing occurs when they change the Safety Lock duration. For instance, if you change the duration to two hours, then every time you log in, on any character, you will need to wait two hours before performing the aforementioned actions. The Safety Lock CAN NOT be deactivated before the set time has elapsed, nor are GMs able to turn it off for you.

zomlwjtntk.jpg
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • elior2
    elior2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well i didnt even touched the sitting of saftey lock and it changed to 24 hours and im not gonna wait 72 hours for something that i didnt didb:angry
  • Immortalvice - Heavens Tear
    Immortalvice - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At first I misread the safety lock information and thought that if it was not on, I couldn't perform the actions it restricts. So now my safety lock is set on a perpetual 24 hour default time. All I have to do though is just ignore the game for three days?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just change the setting to 0 hours and 1 minute, once, and then leave it completely alone for three days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deltapavel
    deltapavel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You do not need to worry about using the Safety Lock feature.

It is a security feature used primarily to help keep your account secure if you use public computers all the time (like at a gaming center).

If you use your own computer, the odds of your account getting **** and needing use the Safety Lock are next to zero.

Better off not trying to use it. Read the first post please. Then walk away... slowly... b:victory

Pffffff, i am comming from other MMOgame (Silkroadonline) .
    and tried to play the game..... and guest what... ? safetyLock ... ala bala ...

i am level 2, who gonna **** me ????? some dumb hacker ?

that **** is uselless until level30 at least.
    so i have to wait 3 days, are you nuts ???
    there are so much games waited to be played ..... i will never back.
    btw my family invest about 100$ montly in MMORPG.
    remove that *edit* (at least for level1-30)

WBR

Edit: Please watch your language. -Kantorek
  • JIGGZZAW - Heavens Tear
    JIGGZZAW - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    GMs really had a lot of headaches trying to explain this. lolb:surrender

Density is innate in all matter..

PW users are all made up of it.

So GMs and MODs have to address users of certain character..b:chuckle

No matter how dense, they can't quit.b:victory
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    as dumb as the Safety Lock feature may be.. I think the bigger problem is the nut behind the wheel.
  • vinnylinks
    vinnylinks Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I didn't know about the safety lock on game, my friend change it, so i saw i can't buy, sell, and the other things, i came to forum and see what about that function really be usefull... but i want help, i will have to wait 3 days to play again? I can't wait, i just started to play, and i love it, i can't wait and pay for an error of other stupid people (my "friend") =(.
    And now, GMs, can't you help me? I can make you sure i'm the player of the account, i have to play... =/
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    surtr wrote: »
    If you have accidentally set the Safety Lock for too long, here are the steps to change it.
    1. Go to the Safety Lock window
    2. Set the Safety Lock time to 1 minute
    3. Confirm the time change
    4. Wait three days

You do not have to remain logged in during the three day period, nor will logging in/out affect this wait time. However, if you try to change your Safety Lock settings again during this time, the seventy-two hour waiting period WILL restart, so please be patient.
    The Safety Lock CAN NOT be deactivated before the set time has elapsed, nor are GMs able to turn it off for you.

Sorry, they can't fix it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ishidasama - Sanctuary
    Ishidasama - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So i wait and it WILL be fixed? I read some players saying they wait 3 days and not fixed... i am worried... =(
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As long as you change the attribute ONCE and not attempt to change it again for three days of real world time, it will be set to the new setting. If you run into a different result, feel free to contact support ticketing, but almost universally if not universally, players saying they've had it 'stick' had tried changing it repeatedly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ishidasama - Sanctuary
    Ishidasama - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for helping, sorry for the troubles...
    Thanks thanks and thanks... =)
  • kicks007
    kicks007 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hello my safty lock set at 15hours and I tryed to reset it back to normal like 20 times in the last 2 days Im I doing something wrong ?
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Change it ONCE to 1 minute, then don't touch it for 72 hours. If you do try to reset it again, you reset the 72 hours as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xenosukii
    xenosukii Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The word "lock" is in it's name. That means it LOCKS things. A LOCK cannot be un-LOCKED easily, in this case, not at all for a set time period. (a set time period one must set on their own ;D) So with this in mind, we ask ourselves, "Do I want to LOCK the game? Is this a smart thing to do, especially since it says I cannot do certain important actions for such and such hours?" After we ask this, we then make our decision; [Okay] or [Cancel] (<---learn to love that one, kids)

So why are we having problems?
    The poor GMs have to repeat themselves for you all, and it's not even an easy mistake to make. You have to make actual decisions...it's not as easy, as oh, exiting the game instead of the map or something. No. You have to be thinking and reading to even use this feature.

I rest my case.
    Thank you for an excellent game by the way, and good luck with the future of this repetitive problem.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The easiest thing to do is, to set another password that has to be entered in inorder to turn on or off the safety lock. If they enter in the password incorrectly for 3 times then the safety lock stays locked for the time period. then after the allocated time has passed user can then try to put in password again to disable the safety lock.

Easy, simple. It will be the user's fault for forgetting the password to turn on or off the safety lock. ^__^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • xenosukii
    xenosukii Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The easiest thing to do is, to set another password that has to be entered in inorder to turn on or off the safety lock. If they enter in the password incorrectly for 3 times then the safety lock stays locked for the time period. then after the allocated time has passed user can then try to put in password again to disable the safety lock.

Easy, simple. It will be the user's fault for forgetting the password to turn on or off the safety lock. ^__^

That's good. But for now, for the sake of sparing the moderators time on a dumb thing, let's all leave the safety lock alone UNLESS WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING.
  • evilmcguigz
    evilmcguigz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    xenosukii wrote: »
    That's good. But for now, for the sake of sparing the moderators time on a dumb thing, let's all leave the safety lock alone UNLESS WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING.

AGREED, i mean cmon ppl this is pathetic
  • zoryx
    zoryx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have to admit that this feature no matter how pro security it is has got to be the Lamest darn thing a mmorpg has ever come up with. It will ruin your game play and the feature absolutely suxs.
  • hecker
    hecker Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've been reading this thread and everyone just keeps complaining about this function, and not listening/reading to what the admin/moderator say.

Keep up the good work admin/mod... it's a pain deal with people who don't even know what they are doing and not even reading of what you type.
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2009
    We understand the issues with Western audiences not liking the Safety Lock.

In the Asian hardcore game playing areas, many players go to gaming centers/internet cafes and play on public computers. The Safety Lock is a good feature to use as an extra security measure to help keep your account safe, especially when money is hard to come by (for paying the gaming center, and optionally buying stuff in the game).

Most people have no issue with the Safety Lock, understand the issue, and leave it alone unless they happen to need it.

Since our games are played in many different ways all over the world, the features in the game are there for everyone. If you don't need it, don't click on it.

End of line...b:pleased
  • hecker
    hecker Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I wouldn't say this is a good idea.. it's just a game, and I mean why we need so many different passwords for a game? Even my own bank account has only one password.. why do we need 2 on a game?

Even if we really have another password for safety lock, I am pretty sure people will complain again coz they either forgot their password, or they told another individual about their login password AND their safety lock password (oh yes there are lotsa people like that.. just simple go through this thread then you'll see a lot).

Anyway, it's nice to know that Perfect World team is trying so hard to protect, and you guys are just doing a fantastic job.
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2009
    Even though these are an ok amount of posts, the people that have had issues with the Safety Lock are far fewer then the literally 50 million+ other people in the world who don't have an issue with it while playing.
  • evilnoob
    evilnoob Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    this idea is stupid no point in it and you should have a reset feature its the players fault if there account gets **** or what ever this also can be used agenst you if a hacker dosent want you on the game for 3 days... he has the option to **** you this is the dumbest idea ever its the players fault...
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2009
    A hacker who compromised someone's account and then turned this feature on would be defeating his own purpose; it doesn't allow ANYONE to do any of the things listed, including the person who took the account. The idea is that a player, if aware that his account may be compromised, could log on, turn on the safety lock, and then rest easy in the knowledge that while the hacker may have his account for the time being, he can't do anything meaningful with it. Items cannot be sold or destroyed, and gold cannot be dropped or traded or used. About the only thing a hacker could possibly do at that point would be to kill you repeatedly and cause xp loss out of spite, but that's a small thing when compared to the loss of items, money, and gear that took months to obtain.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two