Nerf The Veno

haviik
haviik Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
i have been playing this game for a while now
In many players opinions the venomancer class is way over powered
The fox form heavy armor build can have more def than the barbarian
The pets make them masters of kill stealing (which is rude and offensive to many players)
They lvl faster, they can solo better, they can make more money.
A few Ideas would be:
make the pets untradable
make their skills less powerful to balance with pets
drop the defense bonus given in fox form

eh that is all i have atm
this class is ruining the game for many players....
i know quite a few who hate venos
i for one don't even party with them
Post edited by haviik on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah but how many heavy armor venos you see running around?
    You guys should be more afraid of full attack clerics.
    Back.
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The thing I think is ruining everything is bleed (ripiing bite/flesh ream/Blademaster skill name i don't remember)
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    haviik wrote: »
    The fox form heavy armor build can have more def than the barbarian
    But it also required very specific items, that may be costly. And they hardly have as much HP than Barbarian, since they must spread their points between Magic, strength and agility.
    The pets make them masters of kill stealing
    Any ranged class is as good at KS than a veno
    They lvl faster
    You don't even know what you are talking about. Lets check the top 50 levels of each server :
    - Lost city : 9 venos in the top 50
    - Heaven's Tear : 12 venos in the top 50
    - Sanctuary : 14 venos in the top 50

Venos are not very good in Zhen parties, except at lurers in some specific areas, so the majority level much slower than the others in higher levels
    they can solo better
    Clerics, warriors and barbarians can solo much better than venos.
    they can make more money

Want to know how much my golem level 83 cost me so far? The only advantage a veno have moneywise is that it don't use charms as much as some other classes.
    make the pets untradable
    Some are already. And few venos sell their pets anyway.
    make their skills less powerful to balance with pets
    Our skills are already less powerful. A full intel wizard will outdamage a full intel veno anytime.
    drop the defense bonus given in fox form
    The defense bonus is the main point of the fox form...May as well ask to remove the foxform altogether.
    this class is ruining the game for many players
    Only in your mind I'm afraid
    Too bad, we are here to stay. b:laugh
    Your loss. Enjoy doing your FB69, 79, 89 and TT runs without one.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Monsoon - Lost City
    Monsoon - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It would probably be more conciliatory to improve other classes than reduce the venomancer skills...however that would probably take more effort.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    In many players opinions the venomancer class is way over powered - People always say another class that's not theirs is overpowered
    The fox form heavy armor build can have more def than the barbarian - So ?
    The pets make them masters of kill stealing (which is rude and offensive to many players) - Veno KS is nothing compared to a wiz or cleric at higher lvls, also ks is rude blame the player not the class
    They lvl faster, they can solo better, they can make more money. - Till lvl 60 yea, after 60 no.

eh that is all i have atm
    this class is ruining the game for many players....
    Hating some1 over their class ... fail.
    Have fun doing fbs without venos btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I believe Blancheneige terminated this topic. Thanks for that =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Veno's are useful in FB runs.. dont know how to make a complete squad without one.

You know what. Only the pets became stronger not the veno.

..And wasn't the tactic to face Veno's was to go straight to the veno and slaughter them? Is it that hard to do that now?

I still see it pretty easy.. SURPRISE ATTACK! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ..And wasn't the tactic to face Veno's was to go straight to the veno and slaughter them? Is it that hard to do that now?

Yea ignore the phoenix, that's good.
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Mainachan - Sanctuary
    Mainachan - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I for one totally agree, I mean look, they totally dominate the "Mr and Miss Perfect World International!" contest. Stupid Veno KS's even the contests!

Oh wait, they're all losing to a archer.

Guess even though I've been playing a long time (kinda), and know lots of people who think they are ugly, I should learn to play, and ask more than 2 people.b:lipcurl

Maina (Sarcasm FTW!)
    "The present moment is a powerful goddess" -Goethe
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I for one totally agree, I mean look, they totally dominate the "Mr and Miss Perfect World International!" contest. Stupid Veno KS's even the contests!

Oh wait, they're all losing to a archer.

Guess even though I've been playing a long time (kinda), and know lots of people who think they are ugly, I should learn to play, and ask more than 2 people.b:lipcurl

Maina (Sarcasm FTW!)

I lol'd to that one.
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    pets aren't that cheap. It costs money just so they can do full damage, and you have to keep getting new pets to replace weaker one.

Plus, if you're a mage type and your pet dies, you're screwed.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    pets are mad strong, they ignore defense being level base, and the pet heal is way too cheap to cast, those are only problems i see
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The Herc/Phoe cost a ton to buy initially, cost 2 gold a week to feed (or a load of hay/meat, as the prices rise the arcane book will become more and more of a necessary option).

I think the OP is just a little butthurt because of repeated veno KS (yes its annoying but if its a pro veno they'll apologise, if its a noob then just kill them, we're extra squishy).

Go make a veno and enjoy the supposed overpowered-ness already! Speaking as a former archer, I say "YAY VENOS"
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    its not just Hercule and phoenix that are overpowered, heck even golem is not to mention dodo , the tanking abilities are way broke(some pets have too high attack power some too high defense power)
    if it wasnt for ignoring the opponents level then it might be more fair
    hercule/phoenix cost a bit , but no more then a full armor set for any class that needs armor (im saying at 7x maybe 8x, below that yes the new pets are too expensive)but who can solo run TT while using <10 potions per run and no charm? oh yah , veno!
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    its not just Hercule and phoenix that are overpowered, heck even golem is not to mention dodo , the tanking abilities are way broke(some pets have too high attack power some too high defense power)
    if it wasnt for ignoring the opponents level then it might be more fair
    hercule/phoenix cost a bit , but no more then a full armor set for any class that needs armor (im saying at 7x maybe 8x, below that yes the new pets are too expensive)but who can solo run TT while using <10 potions per run and no charm? oh yah , veno!

You should know about TT runs. You were there when I was doing them.b:laugh

Pets are all venos really have though. You all complain about them being overpowered and 1 shotting people but hey, I can't count the number of times Mosz 1 shotted me in TW. lol
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Archers are "the pvp class", they get an insane amount of criticals, and are a pain to be up against, no matter what class you are.

Venos are "the solo class", we get to.. run dungeons without spamming WC and Guild chat for help! We get rejected from zhen parties but save that money to add to the Battle Pets Fund instead.

Armour for other classes isn't that expensive for the lower levels, so they can knock venos around as much as they want. Any veno buying without RL money has to get to 60 and run TT again and again.. then the ones who don't intend to buy both pets with RL money use the herc to start running again and again and again..

Any archer can put on dex and go crit people, but Venos have to do a lot of work or cut a massive hole in their bank statement to get their pvp power.

It's not perfectly balanced, but it's not the end of PW either. (unless they make the battle pets cheaper like some people reckon, then that will just be ridiculous)
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Sure I'm blowing all my coins to get a herc and won't have one for a long while but they better darn well not lower the price. Those pets are too strong and darn well better be very expensive. This is coming from a veno who wants one.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    yah i was there, yes often there was no drop but MC, which easily payed for the run (since your cost well very few mats and usub only) and moreso the MC can be used for cube :for great xp, rare chip molds/mats,

about pvp i havent really said anything but a bee bleeding is really fair, not to mention targeting is a pain with pets, veno get bramble though and can do light/heavy armo, with - channeling they got a fair shot for a first hit, so best pve, and can modify to be very viable in pvp, fairly versatile id say...
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I really dont think theyre overpowered, they just have different skills. Yes,they can solo, but they cant go zhen, fast way of hp. When do you need a veno in party? only at fbs and hh, no more. At zhen not needed, at normal parties either, its ten times better a cleric, wizard or archer.
    Venos solo a lot xD, thats why they get money a lot too. But hey, feeding pets has also its cost, even if is low.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    venos can zhen , they dont have the + of barb (hp+attack buff) or bm (def buff) but they can lure on mount as well as others
    when do you need a party outside FB and HH? (ok boss quest i guess)
    normal partys? not many of those..
    just look at TT and tell me there is not a lack of balance...
  • Kikii - Heavens Tear
    Kikii - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    erm wat ? :p
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Like I said, venomancers are in NO way overpowered.

The game is very nicley balanced as it is and BlancheNeige pretty much pointed out everything already. Quit your god damned whining and make a veno if you think we have it that easy and see for yourself. Dont open your mouth unless you know what you're talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kikii - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Like I said, venomancers are in NO way overpowered.

The game is very nicley balanced as it is and BlancheNeige pretty much pointed out everything already. Quit your god damned whining and make a veno if you think we have it that easy and see for yourself. Dont open your mouth unless you know what you're talking about.

so true :)
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    This topic sux hard...

I don't know what it is that give ppl orgasms about making totally BS things up and claiming its the truth.
    Go and look at the facts and learn how the game works before you start your verbal diarrhea.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My god, all this jealousy is truly idiotic, there is no such thing as an overpowered class, all classes have their strong points and their weak points.

Pet based classes have always been known for their soloing abilities and faster leveling, no matter which MMO we're talking about, venos are no different here in this respect..... it's NOT overpowered, it's a part of the gameplay dynamics... Go play a summoner in 2-moons or a beastmaster in WYD and you get the exact same thing!

As to being overpowered in PvP, hahahahahaha GET REAL, most of us die very fast in PvP to anyone but a complete noob who doesn't understand to ignore the pet, even heavy armored venos are no match for a half decently equipped and well prepared barb or bm.

Maybe bleed does need to be taken down a few notches in PvP, but this is the only thing even close to an unfair advantage that we have in PvP, and it is addmittedly recognized as a BUG, if and when it is fixed there will still be people crying about how "overpowered" venos are simply because "the grass is always greener on the other side" and you're all a bunch of jealous sots!
  • Ebonn - Heavens Tear_1243741846
    edited December 2008
    yeah all u ppl post mostly for veno's and a little but against, u all rock, b:victory and agree with an old cleche "Its Not The Class Thats Only Good, Its The player Behind The Class" well haviik its sounds like ur not into veno classes, but each to their own we all feel more comfortable at playing certian classes, but have fun with what ever class U are into b:laugh
  • Kikii - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    have fun with ur fb's and hh runs etc..if u didnt notice veno sux at pvp and not easy to lvl after lvl60 like other classes ...make veno and come complain again...u ppl are just jealousy cuz veno's can solo HH but u never think that veno is more way expensive than other class we need buy pet skills etc but ofc its priceless in ur eyes :)
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    No i dont have / play one, but not again every 2nd day a thread about "overpowered" venos.

I really like to have those lurers and tanks (their pets) around me and in my party. I couldnt imagine to play this game without them AND their way of being able to play this game. There is nothing on them to be overpowered.
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There is one area where Venos have an incredible advantage...

The number of people who whine about them.

Why isn't there a poll like this for every single class? Grass is always greener perhaps?
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    just look at TT and tell me there is not a lack of balance...

What am I looking at in TT?

You do know Clerics can solo both bosses in TT 1-1 in their mid 70s. They can solo Chien before that.

Barbs can solo TT in their late 70s.

Okay so venos can solo TT at lvl 65 instead of 75.. They still arent the only class that can solo TT.

So using TT as an example isnt valid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
This discussion has been closed.