Nerf The Veno

Comments

• Naeva - Sanctuary
    Naeva - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think this thread is more about jealousy than venons being overpowered. Sounds like some people wants to be one class but still have everything that another class has otherwise it is unfair and overpowered.

I haven't played PWI so long but I really like this game since I can be a Veno, love the taming and figthing with a pet. Though being a veno I have to disagree with what the thread maker have found unfair.

* I do not earn more money through being a veno, I can't sell more pets than a human can (and they can't even tame one) other venons dosen't want to buy a pet which they themself can tame for free so I don't get a singel coin. The only money I have is the money I get from killing monsters, selling items I find and doing quests and I guess every class is the same on that part.

*I don't think venon's lv faster than any other class instead I think it takes forever to lv and I am only on lv 23.

And lastly taking away the pet from an veno is like taking the sword from a human and the bow from an archer.

And yea if venon's are so great and overpowered why not play as one and stop being jelous it's not as someon is stuck with just playing one class.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    veno class shouldnt be nerfed, phoenix should. a veno without a phoenix i will tear apart.. but with the veno she does about 1-2k dps ... .****ing ridiculous
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If werefoxes or ripping bite are nerfed, archers must be nerfed too. Its absurd that their damage stat dex adds crit to 30%+.

Archers who spend the money value of a phoenix on their weapon 2 shot me.
    Stun -> lightning -> dead, if not dead -> 1-2 normal attacks.

Same goes for berserk weapons... this game is so broken.
    veno class shouldnt be nerfed, phoenix should. a veno without a phoenix i will tear apart.. but with the veno she does about 1-2k dps ... .****ing ridiculous

Nothing is wrong with phoenix. Read above. Nerf the CASH SHOP, not the pets........ so **** that you can just win the game with your wallet.

Its also **** that the gms don't ban bots permanently. SweetLime aka eviltj has botted two characters to 89+ yet the gms won't get rid of him. It's NOT possible to have 2 chars 89+ legitimately at this point.
    The gm stance on botting ENCOURAGES botting. People see that you only get a 7 day ban and think "oh hey that's a free ticket to bot, as long as I don't go far from my pc I'll never have to stop"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
    edited December 2008
    yes ofc they can 2 hit you, unless your LA or HA. infact, if your a arcane veno, the highest level archer on my server will one hit you. your arcane, and floppy. archers dominate every class. except barbs 1v1. mages can one hit me. its going to happen. but phoenix is way OP because you cant escape it. it runs faster than you. unless you fly, which idk if its an air pet also.

yes, 7 day ban is legit for the first offense. and only the first offense. i got banned for botting in my 60's except i never botted. its BS. but its the rules of the game. we abide by them because we enjoy the game

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i suggest giving venos some cheap pets that can 1 HIT ANYONE (like 100k dmg / hit) and another pet that can 1 hit ANYTHING (100000000 k dmg / hit , only in pve)
    that way we can all leave this IMBA game b:victory
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    venos are fun but not godly

and if people would stop building their toon to the ideas of others or whats to be expected then maybee they would stand a better chance

if anyone gets killed by anything its their fault for not being good enough to defend themselfs

not the venos fault for being stronger

if your not good enough to take somthing down then get better

but its rather silly to get rid of your enemy because your took week to fight them off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    lol ocane ... do you even know wtf your talking about? the phoenix itself out DD's EVERY CLASS by FAR.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    *I don't think venon's lv faster than any other class instead I think it takes forever to lv and I am only on lv 23.

I think you are just unfamiliar with the ways to most efficiently level. A veno can kill at about twice the speed a sword BM can, and at my level some mobs are so close together that you risk getting mobbed if you just run up to them. I have to either spam pots or run around and hope there are mobs that stray away from the group. During that time, a veno can just pull the mob from the group and start killing, which lead to more efficient time management (more quests in less time) and faster leveling.

If you are talking about aoe grinding (which I can't unless I go axe), then it's another story.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    After seeing a lvl 30 Veno owning lvl 60 foxwings with a phoenix.... I might be inclined to atleast somewhat agree that they are a little overpowered...... but they're $200.... I'd fully EXPECT them to be overpowered! And I do agree that it's a little unfair that other classes do not have an "overpowered" secret cashshop weapon.

All of the other whining over how "overpowered" Venos supposedly are is all based on lies and half truths constructed by tiny little people with tiny jealous little brains who cannot accept the fact that they suck and want to place the blame elsewhere.

And Mosz would you please quit talking about burning through charms??? Yeah charms are NICE.... but they are NOT required by ANY class(fully tested by the GMs, just ask them!)...... if you are unable to play without a charm.... then maybe it's because you suck!
    edited December 2008
    After seeing a lvl 30 Veno owning lvl 60 foxwings with a phoenix.... I might be inclined to atleast somewhat agree that they are a little overpowered...... but they're $200.... I'd fully EXPECT them to be overpowered! And I do agree that it's a little unfair that other classes do not have an "overpowered" secret cashshop weapon.

All of the other whining over how "overpowered" Venos supposedly are is all based on lies and half truths constructed by tiny little people with tiny jealous little brains who cannot accept the fact that they suck and want to place the blame elsewhere.

And Mosz would you please quit talking about burning through charms??? Yeah charms are NICE.... but they are NOT required by ANY class(fully tested by the GMs, just ask them!)...... if you are unable to play without a charm.... then maybe it's because you suck!

hey idiot, you know any class other than veno that can solo TT without a charm? **** read his post properly

and what level are you? go fight a veno with a level 80 phoenix, even in tank mode it still rips me up in less than 15 seconds

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilpacman
    evilpacman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Do most people really want to get rid of the veno or is this just a few really closed minded people who aren't thinking straight?
    Pacman- Bard...of EVIL
    EvilPacman- Vampire...but a perfectly nice fellow

Accepted into Phase 2 through the "Design a Skill" Contest
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited December 2008
    hey idiot, you know any class other than veno that can solo TT without a charm? **** read his post properly

and what level are you? go fight a veno with a level 80 phoenix, even in tank mode it still rips me up in less than 15 seconds

Hey moron Barbs are not soloers... if you wanna save your money then join a damn party before going TT, or quit your damn pathetic whining about it.

And I will not repeat what I have already stated on the matter of the phoenix... if you're too stupid to read then that's your problem!
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    you think other classes dont have a lot of skills to lean, true you have spirit and pet skills but you don't need many of your normal skills

You're not quite getting the aspect of training pet skills. All skills whether my own or my pet cost spirit and Game coin (ussually roughly 1.5 times the spirit cost in game coin, on both my BM & my Veno). However, with a Veno's pet skills they need to buy 300k forget scrolls, 300k-900k skill scrolls, & 200k per skill level scroll ON TOP OF that. Also, since the game is based around the approximate 20-22% spirit gain compared to XP gained (this is true in grinded mobs, FB call to duty rewards, Crazy Stone, World Quest, etc), the amount of spirit i've gained up till level 67 is incredibly close to the amount i would have gotten when i was 67 on my BM, or any other job for that matter. And, its ALL spent, not sitting around cause i don't need it (if i had spirit sitting around un-needed, that would be cost spent for skills i didnt need to spend and then you'd have a point about not spending as much on 'normal skills', but this isnt true).
    also barb and blade cant afk during zhen either

Yes and Clerics, Archers, & Wizards have been disgruntled that all BMs & Barbs need is a mount and dont need heiro's for zhen. Barbs & BMs gripe that Archers, Wizards, and Clerics can go AFK. And none of them want the Veno anywhere close to the party. Like i said every job has its advantage and every job has its disadvantage.
    you can level through fb quest and daily, grats, cleric and barb both loose a lot of charm- so its expensive to do FB, wizard and archer can only do if if its a much lower FB (that they can tank) or if there is a high lvl tank otherwise they take aggro and die

Are you seriously trying to dispute the issue that most people try to get XP thru Call to Duty FB quests? Are you serious? So all those World Chats "We will do your FB 19-59" are just generous people tossing their time away? Also, please clarify how Barbs & Clerics lose heiro on the daily portion of what i said. And lol to Archer & Wizard only going to lower FBs, as i see them side by side with my BM on all those runs.

One of the reasons Venos get more money is cause they know they have to grind due to their pets, and everyone knows grinding is more profitable then doing Call to Duty's. It's also alot more time consuming. It's even in making & keeping your money guides, "If you want money, dont do FBs for XP, grind for XP".

Please Mosz, trying to debate that last point especially really gives away that you're either arguing just for the sake of arguing, or you're emotionally jealous beyond the point of reasonable thinking.
    edited December 2008
    Hey moron Barbs are not soloers... if you wanna save your money then join a damn party before going TT, or quit your damn pathetic whining about it.

And I will not repeat what I have already stated on the matter of the phoenix... if you're too stupid to read then that's your problem!

when was i QQing? read what i said u ****ing moron.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hey guys and girls,
    Please keep this thread on topic and stop the flaming.

From the forum rules.
    7. No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

And this one.
    14. Keep posts on-topic.
    Keep the topic in mind when you post. Refrain from posting irrelevant information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    why cant i troll? i wanna become number 1 forum troll T_T

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited December 2008
    why cant i troll? i wanna become number 1 forum troll T_T

Because she just said you can't... anal excrement-for-brains.
    edited December 2008
    epic fail, please, go jump of a 20 story building

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Are you seriously trying to dispute the issue that most people try to get XP thru Call to Duty FB quests? Are you serious? So all those World Chats "We will do your FB 19-59" are just generous people tossing their time away? Also, please clarify how Barbs & Clerics lose heiro on the daily portion of what i said. And lol to Archer & Wizard only going to lower FBs, as i see them side by side with my BM on all those runs..

ugh learn to read and comprehend please
    your first arguement has no relevance to what i said
    barbs and cleric use up heiro in FBs, what is hard to understand about that?
    archer and wizard have aggro problems in fb 51 and 59(wizard less a problem here) and 69 without proper tanks, did i say they only do low ones ?no, read the part about having high tank with them

@zhen thing venos can get invited as lurer, the complaint was about being able to afk not not being able to join, get it now?

level up a bit and youll see pet skill cost is low compared to high level skills
    edited December 2008
    mosz +1 again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InstantMoney - Heavens Tear
    InstantMoney - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Lets just nerf all classes. Then we can have everyone running around hitting mobs for 1s.b:shocked
    "One time when me was high, me sold me car for like 24 chicken McNuggets."
    Ali G
    edited December 2008
    lets not, just phoenix. it has been nerfed in MY and removed in another version. tem peeplez arz smartz.

plus, im now an official forum troll, so watch out everyone!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Your trolling skills fail in comparison to the trolls I know.

Now if the Phoenix was cheaper in cost, then yes I would say that it needs to be nerfed. At this time its cost is such that not many people will have it, and when its out it will be a priority target by many people.
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited December 2008

back at you with your initial comment...

WBs never die, WRs permastun, EAs with $200 spent on the game do as much damage as phoenix rip bug if not more, EPs don't die unless they're dumb, mages can do some serious damage with a good weapon though much slower/weaker than EA.

Just shut up, seriously. Don't forget the only real way for foxes to be imbalanced in HH is to buy a hercules, which, coincidentally, also costs $200+. This is a cash shop game. I'd hate to see how you cry fighting shinzoko or deity or some other guy with $2000 spent on the game.
    yes ofc they can 2 hit you, infact, if your a arcane veno, the highest level archer on my server will one hit you. your arcane, and floppy.

Again... shut up. I'm a light build and have almost the same hp as archers. Most classes can 2 shot me with 2 spark skills, but archers that cash shop drop me as fast as a bugged fox WITHOUT USING BIG SKILLS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2008
    WB's arent supposed to die easy.. thats why we are tanks. wrs deffinetly dont permastun unless they are lucky as hell. EA's who spend 200$ on the game come nowhere near close to phoenix. i know one who has spent way more and cant drop me 1v1. yet a veno with a phoenix will take me down easy as hell.
    and wtf? id love to PvP deity or someone, they have GEARS something which EVERYONE can get. not some overpowered flaming bird that you cant escape from. and read my post properly i said IF you are an arcane build. and wtf? same HP as archers? thats really clear.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    EA's who spend 200$ on the game come nowhere near close to phoenix.

Seen any archers with +8/9 hh90 bows around, and although not relevant, full +5/6 armor with g7-g8 hp stones? Because they're not fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• poia
    poia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ffs guys in every mmo i've played just to list a few ........
    shattered galaxies
    last chaos
    star wars galaxies
    world of warcraft
    2 moons
    cabal
    the list goes on but case in point the first thing you see at the top of any forum is nerf so and so thier so op. booo hoo **** wine blarg. you know what it leads to. devs begin patchly buffing/nerfing classes and your game turns to ****. hell, look at world of warcraft it used to be a balenced game till the complaining started now its all about 2 classes that can one hit everyone else cough mage dk. the point is the more of you see the more you all as the comunity force devs to degrade the game the problem is you wankers actually represent the minority of the comunity. do us all a favor stfu and stop whining tyvm =)
    edited December 2008
    Seen any archers with +8/9 hh90 bows around, and although not relevant, full +5/6 armor with g7-g8 hp stones? Because they're not fun.

yes, in fact, and he cant kill me 1v1, djkinetic. go ask him

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    This whol topic makes me giggle.

Stop complainin and PLAY a Veno. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited December 2008
    poia wrote: »
    ffs guys in every mmo i've played just to list a few ........
    shattered galaxies
    last chaos
    star wars galaxies
    world of warcraft
    2 moons
    cabal
    the list goes on but case in point the first thing you see at the top of any forum is nerf so and so thier so op. booo hoo **** wine blarg. you know what it leads to. devs begin patchly buffing/nerfing classes and your game turns to ****. hell, look at world of warcraft it used to be a balenced game till the complaining started now its all about 2 classes that can one hit everyone else cough mage dk. the point is the more of you see the more you all as the comunity force devs to degrade the game the problem is you wankers actually represent the minority of the comunity. do us all a favor stfu and stop whining tyvm =)

Fortunatly no matter how much these guys whine and cry.... I seriously doubt anything will be getting "nerfed", the Devs are in China and do not read these forums, and from what I've seen, the GMs here do not bend over backwards to try to please whiners.... I'm almost 100% sure the comments in pointless threads such as this one will not be reaching the Devs at all.

And as tankhunter stated, If the phoenix were cheaper it might actually pose a problem, but at $200...... well I think alot of people would feel a little cheated if it WEREN'T overpowered!
This discussion has been closed.