Comments

• Panzernoodle - Heavens Tear
    Panzernoodle - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ackbarsays.gif
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    Serengetti - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This is a feature that is used to help protect your account, because if people access your account, they could mess up your items, sell them, maybe buy stuff with your in-game money, or charge your account for ZEN, and a whole bunch of other havoc that can be caused if you left the game up, and you have room mates or family members that might take the opportunity to manipulate your account.

This also helps to keep people out of your account if your account did get into someone else's control, you could guarantee yourself a set time frame to keep your account safe until later.

Don't click on it, don't enter a time. :D
    wow you better take a good look who your friends are,if you have to use safety thing to protect your account
    b:laugh,it would be great idea but if it gets you practically lock out of the game for some time,it defeats its purpose,not only no one else can use your account,but you are stuck also,i'm glad i found it out before curiosity made me try it
  • poustiii
    poustiii Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    guys do something i have 8 hours safety lock and i can t do nothing!!!!!!!!!!b:cryplz help me!!!!!!
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Please set the timer to 0 hours 1 minute then wait 72 hours for it to reset you can log in and out of the game in that and do whatever you like just do not touch the safetylog again in that time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poustiii
    edited November 2008
    ok thnx :)
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    whatever you like just do not touch the safetylog again in that time.
    Or ever again, really.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • poustiii
    edited November 2008
    i do what you say but when i log out and i log in again current setting become again 5 hours i don t do it 1 minute again i let it tell me what i must dob:shocked
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    The Safety Lock will display the current time that it is set to, not the time it will change to in three days. No matter what it says, after setting it back to one minute DO NOT TOUCH IT AT ALL and it will change to one minute after three days. You do not need to remain logged into the game, but if you keep changing the time to one minute then all you're doing is resetting the 72-hour wait time.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• poustiii
    edited November 2008
    ok thnx a lot again b:chuckleb:victory
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I send some equipment to my level 3 Barbarian but got a message from mailbag....Safety lock still active. Action unavaiable ???????????????????????????????????
  • Ident - Sanctuary
    Ident - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    imo this option like now it is a completly "how to kick out from game the players to the real life" button.

Maybe you should redesign the functionality of this button like:

- new option at account manager for a new password, related to this button
    - when you are ingame and you use this function, you must activate with the password what i wrote above
    - when you want to deactivate you must type the password of the safety lock
    - dont give any value (1 minute now) for this option, it is still active until you dont deactivate with the correct password

So at least a simply "what i mean":

Lets think i am a student at a collage and i have room mates, who can access my PC without my word when im not there. I play and i must go out for eating or something like this. I press the button for lock my account/character and i write my password related to this function and i leave my PC. I come back, my account/char is still under lock, so i write my password to unlock it and i start to play.

Ofc there is a possibility that someone saw my password, but it has a really low chance. What you mean?
  • littledevilz
    littledevilz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i think there's no point of this system...it should be take it out permanently because if someone account get **** with someone, that is their responsibility... so in other word if someone get **** then it's their fault...
  • masshyponosis
    masshyponosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the only use i see for this fuction is if you setup a shop and leave your cpu on for hours.. im not gonna try that out though cause from what everyones been saying is that you cant move items anyway.. it would be good too stop other people using your account while you do this..

and the other thing is if you wanted too get away from the game for a while you could lock it..

i think its a good thing.. i honestly wouldnt use it though
  • gantheral
    gantheral Posts: 1
    edited November 2008
    i had the character lock on here IS HOW TO FIX IT

when you log on you may want to change the time everytime because its not working and goes back to whatever you put but dont do that it resets your 3 days just set it one to 1 minute or whatever you want and leave it if you get kicked off DONT change it next time you log on just rough it out after 72 hours your time will be back to 1 minute i promise it will kick you off the game when the 72 hours pass then enjoy the freedom of being able to empty your inventory

so basically, even if I follow what you suggested I still have to wait 72 hours along with the remaining prior set time(7 hours) on the safety lock? before I can even sell items?
    Zydo
    Splendor
    The Agency
  • surtr
    edited November 2008
    No, just the 72 hours. You don't have to stay online to wait out the safety lock to get the time changed.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Serengetti - Sanctuary
    Serengetti - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    surtr wrote: »
    No, just the 72 hours. You don't have to stay online to wait out the safety lock to get the time changed.
    but why 72 hours????it would be great feature if you could set it up for however long you want,if you going to bed and leaving game on in merchant mode and dont want your little brother get his 'paws' on your money and items set it for 6 hrs for example,and if its 3 days weekend home away from college and your roomate is kind of 'shifty' set for 3 days,o but just a sec ,would you be able still sell items in merchant mode?
  • nighthawk6
    nighthawk6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yesterday while I was in fox mode I tried to take some armour off and it wouldn't let me.Thought it was because it was locked.When I went into this Safety Lock thing I put 24 hours 59 minutes on the numbers.Played the character for a bit then logged off.Played a bit later filled up my inventory,went to sell and could not do so.The lock was flashing.I left the game on for a bit the time started to come down.Got disconnected and when I looked at the time this morning it was 24 hours 46 minutes.I tried the GM button several times.The only message that went out was I'm stuck,could not type in the box.A GM never answered.I tried the GM button twice so far but to no avail.Is there a way that I can get this safety lock disabled??Thank you for any help.
  • cocomiel
    cocomiel Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I have a recording problem ... the lock that you lock the trade, sales, sales at NPC, purify the items, etc. (the safety lock DISABLE the following). and when he was a rookie (noob) did not know who was and that meant, and I'm curious that you add 10h 00min change the setting (current setting (10h 00min)) and 5 days ago I come with that problem ... Please admins narrow down the time off to 1min or 5min ... I have no more room in my inventory and I can not do anything ... 10horas and I can not wait because I can not be connected this time, my mom kills me = S. .. please narrow down the time off ...

they ask
    b:cryb:sad
  • aryannamage
    edited November 2008
    While in foxmode it is impossible to change or even just take off armor.That is only possible in "Humanform" so to say.

About the safetylog:
    When the Safety Lock is active, the following features are disabled:
    Trading with other players
    Consignment Shops
    Dropping items or coins

In addition, the following NPC services are disabled:
    Selling items to NPCs
    Imbuing or Purifying equipment
    Decomposing items
    Binding or Demolishing gear
    Auction Services
    Mailing items
    Trading Gold
    Refining items
    Dying clothes

Currently, the default setting for the Safety Lock is one minute. In other words, after logging in, you will have to wait for one minute before you are able to perform any of the above mentioned actions. The issue that many users are experiencing occurs when they change the Safety Lock duration. For instance, if you change the duration to two hours, then every time you log in, on any character, you will need to wait two hours before performing the aforementioned actions. The Safety Lock CAN NOT be deactivated before the set time has elapsed.

If you have accidentally set the Safety Lock for too long, it is possible to change it. Simply go into the Safety Lock settings and enter the new time. Keep in mind, it will take seventy-two hours of real time before the Safety Lock setting changes go into effect. If you try to change your Safety Lock settings again during this time, the seventy-two hour waiting period will restart, so please be patient. You do not have to remain logged in for the duration of this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    edited November 2008
    Trading with other players
    Consignment Shops
    Dropping items or coins

Selling items to NPCs
    Imbuing or Purifying equipment
    Decomposing items
    Binding or Demolishing gear
    Auction Services
    Mailing items
    Trading Gold
    Refining items
    Dying clothes

Currently, the default setting for the Safety Lock is one minute. In other words, after logging in, you will have to wait for one minute before you are able to perform any of the above mentioned actions. The issue that many users are experiencing occurs when they change the Safety Lock duration. For instance, if you change the duration to two hours, then every time you log in, on any character, you will need to wait two hours before performing the aforementioned actions. The Safety Lock CAN NOT be deactivated before the set time has elapsed.

If you have accidentally set the Safety Lock for too long, it is possible to change it. Simply go into the Safety Lock settings and enter the new time. Keep in mind, it will take seventy-two hours of real time before the Safety Lock setting changes go into effect. If you try to change your Safety Lock settings again during this time, the seventy-two hour waiting period will restart, so please be patient. You do not have to remain logged in for the duration of this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ateevis
    ateevis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hello, im haveing an issue with my Safty Lock...

b:cry
    I got booted off, repeatedly like 6 times a week ago, and when i finnally was able to be on again...it was set to 24 hours.

I'm not able to be on for 24 hours straight to get it off...What should i do? too much time and effort was put into my Venomancerb:sad what should i do?b:beg someone please help me?
  • aryannamage
    edited November 2008
    Please set the time back to 0 hours and 1 minute then wait 72 hours for it to reset. Do not touch the safetylock again just wait those 72 hours in which you can log in and out as much as you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lee649
    lee649 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    y do we even need a safety lock like we should be able to disable the time so as soon as we log in we dont need to w8 for a minute to be able to trade this safety lock is ridiculous and im very mad it hink for the next update u should take off safety lock i have to w8 24hrs 54 minutes to tarde and stuff i thought it was like a safety thing so ppl dont just get into ur stuff but its just a timer for u to be able to do things.b:angryb:angry
  • nighthawk6
    nighthawk6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Last week I had set the lock for 24 hours 59 minutes.left it for three days then entered a new time of 1 minute and it regestered.When the time expired it unlocked.When I logged off then logged in later it went back to 24 hours 59 minutes.Does that time ever come off or am I going to have to wait another 72 hours??Also is this going to be a re-occuring thing??Thank you.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hello Everyone,

Here is what the new Safety Lock message displays. I hope it helps explains things more before anyone confirms it, besides reading the text on the left there.

b:pleased

zomlwjtntk.jpg
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • lee649
    lee649 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    surtr wrote: »
    Lately we've been seeing an increasing amount of incidents related to users improperly using the Safety Lock function.

• Trading with other players
    • Consignment Shops
    • Dropping items or coins

• Selling items to NPCs
    • Imbuing or Purifying equipment
    • Decomposing items
    • Binding or Demolishing gear
    • Auction Services
    • Mailing items
    • Trading Gold
    • Refining items
    • Dying clothes

my question is if u do log on will the seventy-two hours restart or will it keeep going?
  • surtr
    edited December 2008
    No, it will not. You are free to log in during that 72-hours without the timer resetting. HOWEVER, if you attempt to change the Safety Lock Settings again during that time, that WILL reset the timer.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• hellboy20
    hellboy20 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i have been on safe lock for 4 day s now and its 24 hours iv tryed wating 24 hours but it still gose back on plz can u take it off for me
  • surtr
    edited December 2008
    Waiting out the Safety Lock duration will deactivate it until you log off, but it will not reset it entirely. What you need to do is set the time to one minute, then wait three days. It does not matter if you log in or not during this time, but you absolutely must not change the Safet Lock settings until it has reset, or the three day wait time will start over.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• latiana
    latiana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hi, I have a Safety Lock issue. And I tried changing the duration of the mins. It didn't work. And I have like a Advance Parental Guides on this computer, which actusally means a timer. So Whenever I change the date or time, I get logged off my game, I relogged and it sets the time where it was back again. I don't know what to do. And when I created a character in a different server it doesn't do that. The one on the server with my safety lock issue is based on Heaven Tears. Please help. Thank you.