Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Khui, the Current Setting box lists only the currently active setting. It does not list the setting that the game is going to reset to. It does not matter what the Current Setting box says.

The current setting will read the current setting, not the value you've switched it to, until the 72-hour period has passed.

To give an example, let's say I realized that my Safety Lock was set to 8 hours on Monday at 1 AM, and decided that I might want to change those. So I click Safety Lock, then type in 0 hours, 1 minute, and click the Done button, then click the Confirm button.

If I log out, then log back in at 2 AM Monday, it'll still say the current timer is at 8 hours. I DO NOT WANT TO TOUCH THIS AT THIS TIME. I can still log in, log out, play the character, play a different character, anything as long as I DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE THE SAFETY LOCK TIMER AGAIN. I can not play the account, or I can play the whole time straight.

After 1 AM Thursday, that Current Setting number would change to 0 hours, 1 minute, and stay there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khui
    khui Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So you are saying no matter how long we set the settings too we have to wait 72hrs before another setting will take place.

Example: Default 1min setting
    first time set: 8hrs
    decide to reset it: 1min

it will take 72hrs before the reset value takes over
    or it would only take 8hrs before the reset value will take over
  • khui
    edited October 2008
    and that is if i don't touch the safety lock again after resetting it to 1min.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    Correct. No matter what, if you change the Safety Lock settings to a shorter duration, you must wait 72 hours for it to change (again, you do NOT need to be logged on for this entire time).
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    mjcjzmlvhk.jpg
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • sn0opy
    sn0opy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i waited the 24 hours out..
    and then i set it to one minute
    and it goes back to 24 hours after i log back in?!?!
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It shows what it is currently not what you set it to. It takes 72 hours to reset itself in which you can login and out as you wish but DO NOT TOUCH IT AGAIN!
  • sn0opy
    sn0opy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    so it HAS to take 72 hours for it to reset back to 1 min?
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    There's a 72-hour timer on Safety Lock actions. You don't need to be logged in for that whole time, and you can log in and out as often as you want, but 72-hours of real life time has to pass before the number changes. The current setting will read the current setting, not the value you've switched it to, until the 72-hour period has passed. You can change a Safety Lock value while Safety Lock is active, and the same 72-hour period will apply regardless of the time for Safety Lock.

To give an example, let's say I realized that my Safety Lock was set to 8 hours on Monday at 1 AM, and decided that I might want to change those. So I click Safety Lock, then type in 0 hours, 1 minute, and click the Done button, then click the Confirm button.

If I log out, then log back in at 2 AM Monday, it'll still say the current timer is at 8 hours. I DO NOT WANT TO TOUCH THIS AT THIS TIME. I can still log in, log out, play the character, play a different character, anything as long as I DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE THE SAFETY LOCK TIMER AGAIN. I can not play the account, or I can play the whole time straight.

After 1 AM Thursday, that Current Setting number would change to 0 hours, 1 minute, and stay there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Yes 72 hours in real time. You can play or not in that time it is up to you just don't under any circumstaances touch it again.
  • lunarwolf17
    lunarwolf17 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    will that reset if I only click on it after I cahnge the setting?

and why in the current setting is always at 8 hours?
    it is becuase It's temporaly becuase have to wait 72 hours?
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    The 72-hour timer will reset if you try to change the settings again. I would still suggest against messing with it.

It will read 8 hours, if 8 hours is the current setting. That's why it says Current Setting: it's not what you're trying to change things to, it's what things currently are. It'll stay at the old current setting temporarily until the new setting applies after the 72-hour period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Please SEARCH the forums before posting. Please read the Stickies before posting. b:pleased

Please see all Mod and Admin posts in this thread.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • lunarwolf17
    lunarwolf17 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I know...I mean if I only open that safety lock without touching the time.. will that affect the 72 hours?
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    mjcjzmlvhk.jpg

From me, above.

From Gattsuru, below:

There's a 72-hour timer on Safety Lock actions. You don't need to be logged in for that whole time, and you can log in and out as often as you want, but 72-hours of real life time has to pass before the number changes. The current setting will read the current setting, not the value you've switched it to, until the 72-hour period has passed. You can change a Safety Lock value while Safety Lock is active, and the same 72-hour period will apply regardless of the time for Safety Lock.

• Blade_masta - Lost City
    Blade_masta - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, now I get this but still, why have this feature. It just makes people angry. And of course someone would play with it since no one know what it is and just wants to try what it does.
    edited October 2008
    It does say there what it is and gives a warning again before proceeding.
  • khui
    edited October 2008
    Can we open the safety lock setting window, but not enter any numbers in. Would that affect the timer.
  • Bladde - Lost City
    Bladde - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hello i'm new and i only want to know "72 hours too make off the safety lock "
    do you mean log in or log out ?
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    You can log-in or log-out in any number of combinations. The 72-hour time period of determined by real world time, not how long you are in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blade_masta - Lost City
    Blade_masta - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    WTF! I waited 3 days and haven't touched the safety lock and it's still LOCKED! WTF!!! I can't do anything with my character anymore because my inventory is full. So I can't trade/sell/or drop ITEMS!
  • savidencebros
    savidencebros Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I set my lock for 2 hours before and now that i want it to 1 min. I set it to 1 min and wait 24 hours and its still set for 2 hours even after I set it. what do i do to fix this?
  • Monstrosity - Heavens Tear
    Monstrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    When you change the timer on your safety lock, you have to wait a full 72 hours (3 measly days) before the safety lock will register you changing the time.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    mjcjzmlvhk.jpg
  • legacychohan
    legacychohan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I just dont use it. lol most of my family havent even heard of this game, and dont like mmorpgs! lol
  • Bladde - Lost City
    Bladde - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    thank you gattsuru
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    GMs really had a lot of headaches trying to explain this. lolb:surrender
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • erilask
    erilask Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i think that they could change so you can have your security question to put safety lock off!!!
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Good idea, but i don't think it will ever change.

This feature is used in all other versions of the game, and used in other PWE games in China too.

<personal opinions> <align sarcasm-right>

It literally takes anyone 4 or more steps to nerf their account.

All it takes is to actually read the text. and it tells you what it does. 50+ million people (who play PW in some shape or form) use it worldwide without having a problem with how it works.

</personal opinions> </align sarcasm>
  • Snowfake - Heavens Tear
    Snowfake - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hi everyone. i read alot of threads and everyone say "how can u by misstake change the time on safety lock" ? but let me tell u that u can :S i did it >.< , before i accidently changed the time i was getting DC and i could only write like 2 times in guild chat when i came back online , and then i got DC again... so when i got back online i saw that "safety lock" blinking. and i hadnt notice it before. so i though that it could be the reason that i couldnt write in guild chat, i could only do it for 1 min. and i had no idea that this game had that kind of scamming lock :S

so well , i changed it ... maxed it ... and then i notice the meaning with safety lock. anyhow...
    i asked some ppl if i could turn it off and u cant , except put the timer back to 1 min and log out , then wait 72 hours. the thing is for me. when i log back on its still says 24h in the safety lock..

was wondering if any GM could talk to me ingame and solve this. im a guild leader so everyone in the guild can tell u that its not a "scammer" my inv is already full and its only been like 20 h ....

thanks , and to everyone else , dont touch the safety lock!