Official Coffee Talk: Halloween Event

Options

Comments

• Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I find this massively amusing, mainly because in another post, I asked that people be given the option of turning off WC. The pripose behind the Duke's shouts is to encourage others to do this event, and possibly allows other to know who got what item if they would rather pay the wonderfully marked up prices of said items.

I think people should stop buying form him if they want him to shut up. But I expect people not happy about this haven't gotten a holiday item?

I see this as a wonderful opportunity to clean out dead weight and give WC spammers a taste of their medicine.

WOOHHOOOOO! Keep up the good work! b:laugh
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    /signed

At least filter him out of Faction and Squad chat
  • Raerine - Heavens Tear
    Raerine - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    There is absolutely no need to know wat everyone got from whatever. We really don't care. I can stand it, but it's really annoying.
  • xieveral
    xieveral Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I decided to log in after a couple weeks' break (was sick of the CS showoffs) to check this event out. It just gave me more incentive to quit. Don't have the time/money to waste on CS or grinding. If anyone in Heaven's Tear wants a level 41 Shadou cub and a blue chipao look around the area above Etherblade. b:bye
    Faction- SevenWind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Options
    pietjes wrote: »
    im alredy gonna quit.

firstly I have to buy items in boutique to get a halloween box ISNT THAT SUPPOSED TO BE FREE.
    Secondly My chat bar gets spammed.

Bye.. immature game

If you going to quit, please send your money and items to Wotsmaleus.

Thank you. b:laugh

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pietjes
    pietjes Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If you going to quit, please send your money and items to Wotsmaleus.

Thank you. b:laugh
    How do I send 21 gold?
  • pietjes
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Remember 100k = 1 gold.

1 gold = 1 dollar.

so you have to pay 1 dollar in order to get that box.

I feel someone is gonna get rich, since my screen got spammed by duke with ppl who spend 1 dollar.
    edited October 2008
    Options
    How do I send 21 gold?

<sarcastic humor>Two ways.. spend 100 coin to use the postbox, I believe or just find me in the Tomb of Heroes. All donations are accepted. </sarcastic humor>b:laughb:thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Remember 100k = 1 gold.

1 gold = 1 dollar.

so you have to pay 1 dollar in order to get that box.

I feel someone is gonna get rich, since my screen got spammed by duke with ppl who spend 1 dollar.

Ok lets disect your levels of wrong.

yes it can be 100k which can buy 1 gold which in turn is $1.

But you can do 1 Guardian Angel which is 30 silver or 30k which is 30 cents.

Either way yes they still make a cake load of money adn we get a money load of cake .. if you see my joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I just wish I could have been rich or lucky, if you want cake or candy, well I have lots because luck I do not have.
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    the duke is annoying NOW, at 12 pm eastern time. Most players are at work or still asleep or at school or something like that.

Whats it gonna be like when everyone is on in 6 or 7 hours?!?!?!?!?
  • pietjes
    edited October 2008
    Options
    <sarcastic humor>Two ways.. spend 100 coin to use the postbox, I believe or just find me in the Tomb of Heroes. All donations are accepted. </sarcastic humor>b:laughb:thanks

K, If you want the gold, only 18 remaining now though.
    I'll Pm u tomorrow. I'll be offline now.
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    What chat are you guys talking about lol. I don't seem to get spammed with any text... Is this a server thing? I'm in Sanctuary and its eerily quiet... I mean peacefully quiet. b:victory.

Do you guys mean the red text that announces if someone gets married or if the wraith are attacking? (its pretty rare I find and it's definately not worth quitting the game over.) I must be missing something (or maybe I switched it off in the options...
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    sanctuary has barely any people who can afford to do it.
  • interal
    interal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Let it be known that i stop playing untill Duke shuts up with spamming
    Perfect World International has aquired Ad-ware status
    edited October 2008
    Options
    K, If you want the gold, only 18 remaining now though.
    I'll Pm u tomorrow. I'll be offline now.

That was really supposed to be somewhat of a joke...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charezon
    charezon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Very disappointed too, but for different reasons. It seems you can only truly reap the rewards of this event if you a) bought Zen, or b) have lots of money (due to high character level).

Was a thought spared for those that do not have enough money, that they too might want to enjoy the event or own one of the nice rewards? Unless you were one of the initial exploiters or have loads of money you are left on the sidelines.

Not everyone that plays here is from the USA, buying Zen is not a viable option if your country has a bad exchange rate against the US Dollar.

A case of 'those that have a lot will get even more' - quite disappointing b:surrender
    Wizard.jpg
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i want gold. No joke lol (except I'm in Sanctuary b:cry) (which owns b:shutup)
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    markillian wrote: »
    sanctuary has barely any people who can afford to do it.

lmao! Maybe that's why it's not bugging me like a lot of you b:chuckle
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Prologue: Yes, I've heard people are getting banned for speaking up about the event. And I love this game, I love my character, and I love my guild. We're doing better than I ever could have hoped for. But this event is going to kill the server, and none of that matters if we and the staff don't step up and do something, so if I have to risk personal punishment for that so be it. I hope to god the GMs won't shoot the messenger, but if I get banned for this, I did it trying to save the game.

So, let's get started, shall we?

On Lost City, until the servers went down, there was a bug causing Mr. Jones to give out boxes for 10k. Conqueror, the largest and most powerful guild on the server, caught wind of this bug and used their uber cash shop pr0s to buy countless boxes and pop them open like they were nothing.

Server goes down, bug's fixed... But GMs refuse to roll back, giving Conqueror a tremendous advantage in selling these aerogear and 3% exp items for the coming time! Awesome! Thanks guys. After all, we don't like competition on this server anyway. Oracle FTW!

Server goes back up, cash shop market for auction house crashes. Gold goes up to 175-180k. Heirograms are non-existant, if you can find them they are around 350k a pop. Dolls are non-existant... Great, for a PVP server. That's just what we like.

So, figuring this couldn't get much worse, I tucked my head between a legs, grabbed a miji and went off to solo grind.

You see, we were also given this wonderfully **** buff of 30% of our patk and matk. And at first glance, you think, GREAT! I'll level fast as hell! And don't get me wrong, the leveling is great.

But here's what you guys have ruined.

30% extra PATK goes into Territory War, too. Which makes defending horribly easy because any cart puller is going to die fast as hell. There's no point in attacking a defended territory at all for two weeks.

Players are realizing this, as well as realizing what a huge advantage conqueror has gotten, and quitting the game left and right. RageQuit members, allies, enemies, and nonfactors tossing their gear out in town are dropping like flies.

So good job, guys. Thanks for this event. Thanks for ruining the next 2 weeks, and god only knows how long after that the economy is going to be ruined and how huge of an advantage Conqueror members and other bug-abusers who go unpunished and rather praised and rewarded will have.

Thanks a bunch, this was a good game for a while. You guys really need to start caring about your players before you lose the remaining ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    damn item tells me to right click to open and then disappears and gives me nothing in return. i also had to have someone turn in my GA for me since the guy wont even talk to me.

Good Job guys way to have a bugged event that steals peoples money.
  • bubbadude
    bubbadude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    1-2-3- Locked like every other post the past 8 hours stating the obvious facts.
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My eyes are crossing reading all these posts about this epic fail so I have missed something. Where is this +30% damage item, buff or whatever it is everyone got?

Nvm. Found it.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Lets all move to Sanctuary then :D
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    dont care if its locked just give me my freakin prize not steal my **** after i pay for it.
  • Jtune - Heavens Tear
    Jtune - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    and all i get is 1 %$@$ ugly horse and a bunch of gems when all i wanted was wings and sword this game is a pos bs ripoff
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    and you didn't figure this out around the $20 mark? Jokes on you bub.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    turtlewax wrote: »
    Lets all move to Sanctuary then :D

Noooooooooooooooooooooo b:laugh
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    All I see is *moan* *bich* *complain*

100k OR 1 guardian angel. I saw about 500billion stalls selling angels for 40k each near the jolly npc. No one is forcing u to spend 100k, just use ur common sense.

You get a free item that boosts ur atk, how is that not indirectly "increased exp" (more atk = faster kills = more exp in same time) ?

And we get some funny looking fashion, seriousley this event isnt NEARLY as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Just cos its halloween doesnt mean suddenly the game owes everyone 100x exp and a billion gold everytime they kill a lvl 20 mob. You should be happy just getting some temp fashion!
  • donkey01
    donkey01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I got one armour pack and lots of candies... but the level restriction should be 'push' to us instead of 'pull' from the forum. Guess I should have hunt fr the answers in forum instead of endlessly going from one Jolly Old Jones and wasting 1000 coins each time. b:embarrass