Official Coffee Talk: Halloween Event

Options

Comments

• cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well, I have to say that the economy in this game is quite good. For those who wish to make a million every day go to play raplez. You will see price jump to 10x in a month there. So the obvious fact is that you will do better if you spend real money. The not so obvious is that you can do quite well without spending a dime. More coins for everybody is not going to help much other than tele more often.
  • Byr - Lost City
    Byr - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    nalsheen wrote: »
    You guys should be going to bat for the majority of players who did NOT get the 10 chances per 100k to win a nice prize, while allowing those who did to rake in large amounts of cash...

Instead, you lock any threads where people have a legit complaint.....and worry about forum policy.

Nice, real nice.....

to be fair, these are the forums and they have to worry about forum policy but it would be nice to get a real response rather than these pre-packaged ones he seems to use.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    There is a thread for halloween event, allowing complaining too. It can be found here: halloween event thread

Also has some GM answers, though at the moment they havent done anything to even this event out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Valaren - Lost City
    Valaren - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    most mmo's give out extra xp for doing certain quests during holiday events like wow for instance there giving like 3k to 5k xp just for going around to all the inn's to get candy. if you want people to play give out xp it's what people want and then have some prizes to of course.

so far i still like the game but like another said if it gets to were i have to start paying for some items i will most likely stop.

i laughed so hard at my buddy who played conquer online and said it was cheaper than wow right after he said he spends $50 every two weeks on dragon balls (1337 item in the game they give you xp and things like that) when wow only costs 12 to 15 a month and you get everything by playing it.
  • Foxify - Lost City
    Foxify - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    thom wrote: »

Also has some GM answers, though at the moment they havent done anything to even this event out.

and why would they when theres still people buying Zen. once people stop buying it then they will add some other crappy "event" or something to make more buy.

just wait for the myspace event to start youl see on the main page "Exp charms nor reduced" or they will add some other item to make people rush and buy zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serathis
    serathis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    most mmo's give out extra xp for doing certain quests during holiday events like wow for instance there giving like 3k to 5k xp just for going around to all the inn's to get candy. if you want people to play give out xp it's what people want and then have some prizes to of course.

so far i still like the game but like another said if it gets to were i have to start paying for some items i will most likely stop.

i laughed so hard at my buddy who played conquer online and said it was cheaper than wow right after he said he spends $50 every two weeks on dragon balls (1337 item in the game they give you xp and things like that) when wow only costs 12 to 15 a month and you get everything by playing it.

Yeah but on the side note, with playing WoW you end up turning that game into more than a full-time job just to do consistant end-game raiding. Which is why a significant amount of people (inc myself) quit.
  • nalsheen
    nalsheen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

Most MMO's would have NOT allowed this to continue, performing a rollback, reimbursing those who spent x$ on it... and start fresh.....
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    fair enough, but this game is very different, give it a chance and it will reward you, ive met some very close friends over this game, and have been talking to them for weeks so i know i can trust them. you just have to open up a little bit and be friendly. first impressions are the best, i can tell what kind of person im talking to by the way they speak and talk to me, treat me etc.

my tip would be is squad up with a few people for quests, and talk to them, if u like em then add them ^^
  • survivorx
    survivorx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Jolly is in every races starting village,

e.g for wings its Battlemark Village
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Is there any way to shut this guy up? I'm getting sick of his useless shouts cluttering up my chat. Why the hell should we care what people we don't even know, gets. -.-
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Is there any way to shut this guy up? I'm getting sick of his useless shouts cluttering up my chat. Why the hell should we care what people we don't even know, gets. -.-

No way to shut off systems announcements, sadly.

At least make it only advertise if someone get a horse or aviation...

This IS getting annoying....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • soge
    soge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

Apparently there is no way to remove the duke's system messages. Just have to suffer it I guess...I keep my inventory window covering chat box now, but this is not an acceptable way to play if you enjoy talking to others ingame.

I can't see playing this way for 2 weeks, and may just log off until this "pay their salaries" event is over.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    like in the screen shot here

http://www.perfectworld.com/event/halloween/

this one is located just south of etherblade in the local buildings, follow the track out of the south exit of etherblade for about 2 mins south and you will find it

thats just one of them , but il be using him as i know where that 1 is xD
  • maranna
    maranna Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm very disappointed in your halloween event. I took three of my characters to see Jolly Jones and got a free coustom, that requires you to be lvl 30. I don't think this is fair at all. My characters were lvl 12 and lvl 16, I'll never be able to get to lvl 30 before the coustoms disappear. I don't have the 100,000 to buy the box either.
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Im not gonna play for long more if you not turn off Dukes in ALL chatwindows.
    What the hell where you thinking when making it like this?

Please petition them to shut him down everyone.

Chabi
  • spudfuzz
    spudfuzz Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Duke can give gold spammers a run for their money D:!!!
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    holy **** I logged in this morning and I had to log out cause every second the duke was shouting 2 lines of text so annoying
  • pietjes
    pietjes Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    im alredy gonna quit.

firstly I have to buy items in boutique to get a halloween box ISNT THAT SUPPOSED TO BE FREE.
    Secondly My chat bar gets spammed.

Bye.. immature game
  • Sereniama - Heavens Tear
    Sereniama - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    HE WONT SHUT UP! Someone or something get on him and just mute him! He is really getting annoying!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
  • spudfuzz
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You really do have to ask wth they were thinking.. I mean there's alot of people out there with alot of money to burn x.o
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    True it is incrediably irriatating ... though I do find it funny some one was immature enough to not be able to get over it and has left calling the game immature?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Just ignore Duke and move on with it. b:pleased Why let it bother you?
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ahhh I can move on but I really hope they do silence him it is .... off putting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ahhh I can move on but I really hope they do silence him it is .... off putting.

lol It wasn't directed at you, more at the OP who won't play for much longer if Duke isn't quieted b:victory
  • Ruul - Heavens Tear
    Ruul - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm so jealous.. That Duke guy can spam all he wants all day long, but if I even dare to do so much as open my mouth the evil gms will hit me with the ban hammer :'(
  • Retrickster - Lost City
    Retrickster - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It is getting slightly irritating.. You cant block system messages from the duke and he is announcing like every 5 seconds or so...
    edited October 2008
    Options
    lol It wasn't directed at you, more at the OP who won't play for much longer if Duke isn't quieted b:victory

I knwo but I am one of those people who takes unquoted posts after mine as having a chance of being pointed at me. ^^
    I'm so jealous.. That Duke guy can spam all he wants all day long, but if I even dare to do so much as open my mouth the evil gms will hit me with the ban hammer :'(

GM's love the Duke (I was going to make a reference to John wayne and say western films but didn't know if everyone would get it.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ... My lvl 38 doesn't even have 100k so this event is useless to me.

A level 38 Veno should have it though ...
    The Dragon quests sucks all your money teleporting all over the place.

Don't teleport for every hop, sail away at 25-30 height and get some coffee, or at least do it when combining quests, or look around for herbs and meet the local wildlife along the way. Alternatively use in-territory hops, they are usually cheaper; fly from Archo to Wellspring, then t-port to City of the Lost for 100 coins, rather then the 3000 from Archo to CotL. Or collect Magmite eggs near Etherblade when you have to go there, Sawfly eggs when you go to the elf town, and sell them in Veno-town.

And you don't have to rush every step.
  • Retrickster - Lost City
    Retrickster - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I knwo but I am one of those people who takes unquoted posts after mine as having a chance of being pointed at me. ^^

GM's love the Duke (I was going to make a reference to John wayne and say western films but didn't know if everyone would get it.)

haha I would of understood it ^^ quite entertaining.
  • spudfuzz
    edited October 2008
    Options
    he shouts more than my neighbour's rooster .____.