Official Coffee Talk: Halloween Event

Options

Comments

• nofun
    nofun Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Why hand in 100k??
    When u can buy the dolls from other ppl for less than 50K?
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    wfgoku wrote: »
    how many people playing this game can afford 100 grand to do it once let alone as many times as some people are doing it.watching people win 3-4 times in a row is bs.i bought 4 angels and didn't win **** but some stupid candy and some treats.watching people win that many times in a row got me and many others thinking contest is rigged somehow.i'm not saying everyone should win the horse but come on most players can't afford it.ask around most people will give you same opinion.the costumes are nice but they don't do anything but look cool.also there is something wrong with the coin part of the quest my wife or me couldn't do it but earlier when she gave me the 100k it worked automatically like it should but when either of us have our own money nothing.when you try to talk to him he acts like an npc with nothing to say to you.
    this as nice as i can be concerning this matter without getting myself muted or banned from forums.

buy zen. problem solved!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • zpirit
    zpirit Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    iPerfectWorld.com Guardian Angels Giveaway!
  • Haken - Sanctuary
    Haken - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    First of all I have to say that I'm a cash-shop user so I'm not complaining because I couldn't participate;
    but this game is a money-sink moreso than any other F2P-MMO I have played (teleport-fees, gems for armor, skills, all ridiculously expensive). On Sanctuary hardly anyone has any money because the server is fairly new (no economy, no owned territory, etc) and you expect people to pay ~50-100k for some candy or pumpkinhead-pills (cuz thats what it most likely comes down to)?

Sorry but if I wanna waste money I'll buy something from your overpriced cash-shop (storage expansion stones for 3$ ring a bell?).

/rant
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    nofun wrote: »
    Why hand in 100k??
    When u can buy the dolls from other ppl for less than 50K?

I spent about 250K in game on dolls and got candy only really useful to someone under level 10 not wasting anymore in game or real money on this sham
  • Celia_black - Sanctuary
    Celia_black - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ok, while i only understand half of the cash shop workings, for me to use real money, from off cc or other, im in australia, so i think it would cost me more than i care to just in $ exchange rates, n credit card fee's so its most like ok for player near where the games was made, as far as using real cash, i could have the understanding a little wrong, but that's the way or how i think to be atm, till i understand it fully on how to use
  • arylkia
    arylkia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    a good suggestion for those strapped for cash unable to get into the halloween fun. perhaps offer quests to earn things. this way players have something else to do and work at as well allowing them to participate in halloween or even future holiday events. It would be a good idea to balance it out for those that want it quick can purchase while others have an option to do quests and gain stuff.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm pretty disappointed by the halloween event as well..........not because I refuse to waste the coin to play the grab bag, but because there doesn't really seem to be any halloween spirit in it at all, i have yet to see one jackolantern, ghost, witch, devil, etc.... other games I've played go all out and decorate all the towns from top to bottom, and even have "trick or treat" style games and mobs that drop shapeshifting candy, and even haunted house(instance dungeons) for us to explore..... if you wanna have the grab bag thingy for those players who wish to gamble away all of their coin/cash, that's just fine, but what about the rest of us..... where's your halloween spirit???????b:cry
  • Etern - Sanctuary
    Etern - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    IMO this event is not exactly a bad thing i couldn't afford it anyway, think of this, i was able to buy my mount for almost half the price, how did i doit, well is quite simple actually ppl want something unique and are selling their old "dusty" CS mounts to get an midnight or whatever, problem for them is that many people are doing this so they must drop the prices

This is happening all over Sanctuary if you want a mount and couldn't afford it this is the time to have one
  • werecat
    werecat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm pretty disappointed by the halloween event as well..........not because I refuse to waste the coin to play the grab bag, but because there doesn't really seem to be any halloween spirit in it at all, i have yet to see one jackolantern, ghost, witch, devil, etc.... other games I've played go all out and decorate all the towns from top to bottom, and even have "trick or treat" style games and mobs that drop shapeshifting candy, and even haunted house(instance dungeons) for us to explore..... if you wanna have the grab bag thingy for those players who wish to gamble away all of their coin/cash, that's just fine, but what about the rest of us..... where's your halloween spirit???????b:cry

Hi all,

I agree with Swiftlikeafox.
    These kinds of event would care more "fest spirit" where I mainly saw the "grab a box and hope for a mount".
    Town decorated, few funny new quests for ghost/bat/sorcerer/... clothes or shapeshifting candies (like being either other race or monster aspects for few min).
    There are many great possibilities to enjoy every special events like Halloween, Xmas, Valentine's day, and so on...

Werecat
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    werecat wrote: »
    Hi all,

I agree with Swiftlikeafox.
    These kinds of event would care more "fest spirit" where I mainly saw the "grab a box and hope for a mount".
    Town decorated, few funny new quests for ghost/bat/sorcerer/... clothes or shapeshifting candies (like being either other race or monster aspects for few min).
    There are many great possibilities to enjoy every special events like Halloween, Xmas, Valentine's day, and so on...

Werecat

It's true that we are far from other games that have special set up in cities and free parmanent fashion object given to everyone.

Would have been nice to have something permanent to show later and say "hey look! I was there at the first PWI halloween event!"

I think this event is somewhat a recycled valentine one. The halloween cake/treats have a little heart on top of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • wfgoku
    wfgoku Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    buy zen. problem solved!
    you act like everyone playing can just go blow there real cash on zen people that say things like that still probably live at home with mummie and daddie and have no real bills to pay.when someone like me who is married 2 kids and the only income in the house comes from me.i have more important bils to spend my money than buying zen.so much for calling yourself a f2p game there is no such thing as f2p anymore anwhere!!!!
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    you act like everyone playing can just go blow there real cash on zen people that say things like that still probably live at home with mummie and daddie and have no real bills to pay.when someone like me who is married 2 kids and the only income in the house comes from me.i have more important bils to spend my money than buying zen.so much for calling yourself a f2p game there is no such thing as f2p anymore anwhere!!!!

>_> no offense but if you do not have enough money per month to support paying an online game then ... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Azazuul - Sanctuary
    Azazuul - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    arylkia wrote: »
    a good suggestion for those strapped for cash unable to get into the halloween fun. perhaps offer quests to earn things. this way players have something else to do and work at as well allowing them to participate in halloween or even future holiday events. It would be a good idea to balance it out for those that want it quick can purchase while others have an option to do quests and gain stuff.
    Yeah that!, I wouldn't mind doing quests for some goodies either. They don't have to be spectacular but, something useful or just really cool looking Nodrop type stuff.
    I'd like to see some creeps out there too but, I'd rather see everyone being able to at least participate.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

I don't know if you guys realize, but no one is forcing you to participate in what's basically a lottery system. You already get a free costume and a free 30% attack increase, which is much more helpful than spending tons of cash on angels for low-probability prizes. You'll probably get just candy anyway.

The game is free to play, but if you want to enhance your experience, then cash-shop items would be the way to go. Remember, the cash shop is technically not a requirement to play. You can even buy gold from the auctioneer if you're that strapped for cash.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

I think perhaps it was because the game comes from China. I am not sure about their local customs regarding this holiday, but it may simply be that there is no mechanic set up yet to do what you are asking. Honestly, I am slightly excited that so far I have seen two graphically altered existing mounts (the black raptor and now the Midnight mount) which leads me to believe that this hosting crew (keep in mind the programers are in China, different people from those we interact with) may be working towards making localization mods for us.

If that is the case, they are at least putting forth more effort than any other version I have yet experienced. In the last version, the "company line" they kept feeding us was that they couldn't do squat to the code and the only items they could come up with were cash shop items.

Also, keep in mind this is their first major holiday event. Heck, it's the first major holiday recognized over here since the game went Open Beta. I think it's a novel idea to have some time limit items (the +30% damage one would be hugely unfair to newer players that arrive after the event and the costumes would completely devalue CS outfits of the same kind).

The price could have been lower, as well as, level requirements for the items (costumes for example) could have been made to level one. As for the PvP server issues, not being involved first hand, I can not directly remark, except from what I read from posters.

As for the few hours that the 10k pricing bug happened, one perspective no one is taking into account is this: because people were greedy and obviously exploited, quite a few more of the exclusive items made their way into circulation, eventually making themselves available to those unable to afford the event pricing.

For a first event, great concept with some definite rough edges. But, it's all a growing experience between us, the gaming community, and the staff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Actually Twil, PWI stated that this Halloween event is exclusive to this version. That means this entire event is planned by and for the people who celebrate Halloween and has nothing to do with the intentions of the original Chinese developers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    That's cool, Hisui. My point was more that we don't know what capabilities they have as far as affecting the client itself (ie..polymorphing pills, etc). They may be working with limited "artistic license."

Either way, I am glad that they are at least attempting to provide ongoing, interactive events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Heh, feels kind of odd and empty without the Duke spamming up the board. x'DD

But anyway, I personally think that the Duke's announcements (now that it's just announcing who won Midnight) should be cleared out, too. I can only imagine the number of harassment the winners get:

"OMG, YOU WON MIDNIGHT!? Bet you're some idiot rich nub!"
    "NO FAIR. I WANT IT."
    "can i has midnite plzz?Z??"

e__e;
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I can only imagine the number of harassment the winners get:

"OMG, YOU WON MIDNIGHT!? Bet you're some idiot rich nub!"
    "NO FAIR. I WANT IT."
    "can i has midnite plzz?Z??"

you don't need the system message to get them, yesterday morning i was getting mobbed just riding the darn thing
    i had someone wisp me to: help them out cause they were poor, give me the horse, sell me the horse for 100k, where did you get that i want it!
    only had one hater who told me to get my horse out of thier way (i was like 5 people width's away from the npc....) b:angry

that said now that so many people have won this morning was rather quiet in the whisper dept
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You sound like you could possibly be one of the 10% of PvP server occupants who is not a total jerk, so I commend you for that. But what kind of abuse are we referring to? If it's the 10k bug, that would have hurt a PvE server as well. If it's the fact that you drop items when you die and dropping a Midnight would be upsetting, then that's the flaw of a game where PvP causes you to drop items and that's the price of playing on a PvP server in that type of game.

I mean no disrespect, but when a PvP player says that PvE players have no right to comment because it doesn't affect them as much as a PvP server, then I must say that a PvP player has no right to comment because they are the ones who chose a PvP server. The road goes both ways.

The thing that I think has one of the bigger effects on the PVP server is the extra 30% attack item. That much extra damage in PVP is a big difference. We will see this weekend what kind of effect it has on TW. Its gonna take some good strategy to be able to take land this week.

Also, that item is pretty annoying for me as a wf(venomancer). It means that if I attack, my pet can't keep aggro, which means that instead of grinding like normal, I end up just sitting back and healing my pet a lot more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biowolf - Lost City
    Biowolf - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    unfair is enough to discripe this
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    arylkia wrote: »

We are definitely looking at all of your guys' feedback and will take it into account for future events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • liscio
    liscio Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Do you whiners chase down people in the streets that are driving nicer cars than you or living in nicer homes because your job cleaning out port a pottys doesn't pay you enough? Sounds like a whole lot of jealousy to me!!! So this guy spent who knows how much on guardian angels to play some silly Halloween event, WHO CARES! If he has the money to shell out for 3000 guardian angels to try and win something cool then good for him. Do you whiners expect to go to Las Vegas and stick a single quarter into a slot machine and expect to hit the jackpot and get a free night in the high rollers suite??? Give me a freakin break. I don't post very often but I love reading through the forums often and you whiners are everywhere with this jealousy ****! Go get a better job so your jealous tendencies stop getting the better of you and letting the rest of us know how broke you really are. We don't care!

On another note... all I got were silly candies but I am fine with that! I love the fact that the people running this game even feel they need to put out little events like this. I feel that any interaction from the Dev's or GM's with all of us user's is above and beyond what they need to do on a free game. Suck it up you broke buttercups and keep up the good work on those portopottys b:shutup
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    liscio wrote: »
    Do you whiners chase down people in the streets that are driving nicer cars than you or living in nicer homes because your job cleaning out port a pottys doesn't pay you enough? Sounds like a whole lot of jealousy to me!!! So this guy spent who knows how much on guardian angels to play some silly Halloween event, WHO CARES! If he has the money to shell out for 3000 guardian angels to try and win something cool then good for him. Do you whiners expect to go to Las Vegas and stick a single quarter into a slot machine and expect to hit the jackpot and get a free night in the high rollers suite??? Give me a freakin break. I don't post very often but I love reading through the forums often and you whiners are everywhere with this jealousy ****! Go get a better job so your jealous tendencies stop getting the better of you and letting the rest of us know how broke you really are. We don't care!

On another note... all I got were silly candies but I am fine with that! I love the fact that the people running this game even feel they need to put out little events like this. I feel that any interaction from the Dev's or GM's with all of us user's is above and beyond what they need to do on a free game. Suck it up you broke buttercups and keep up the good work on those portopottys b:shutup

No, please, by all means.... waste all your money and in game currency on candy, why should I care??? But the point is an "event" aimed at wasting all of the currency of foolhardy individuals such as yourself and nothing more, could hardly be correctly deemed an "event"..... sure it's good for a few chuckles while we all stand around laughing at you fools wasting all of your money and getting nothing but a few peices of candy, but non-the-less, an "event" it is not.......don't get me wrong and I don't mean to sound unappreciative, Glad to see the staff taking an interest in exploiting our American holidays, but this game is still in it's beta stages and I feel compelled to offer criticism...........please in the future try a little harder next time, use a little imagination.......ps: the costumes don't even really look *halloweenish* b:shutup
  • Antimodes - Sanctuary
    Antimodes - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    lol. I was actually kind of disappointed. I mean I just started the game yesterday, almost lv 11, and the 3 free things I got I couldn't even wear cause I wasn't 20.

I was also expecting some sort of neat quests to do that had a cool reward from all the advertisement, but all the guy wanted was cash or dolls.

I mean any moron can see it's a feature to make more cash playing the lottery. People buy a ton of dolls from the store and other people in turn by those dolls from them, maybe even by buying cash from the store.

And this is a free mmo so it wasn't to much of a shocker. Can't really fault the game for making cash, I just wish the items we were given we could at least put on at any lv. And maybe he gave a tough quest to find a guard statue to have at least 1 chance to win that 1 in a million shot of that horse.

Though as far as the rigged thing goes, im not sure. Thier might be someone playing the system or something. Saw a gm out their yesterday watching the npc. Course he could of been afk or something.
  • kaza23
    kaza23 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I for one am very happy that PWI has some type of Halloween event and givng back to the players who choose this MMO over many other online games. I congradulate the programming team for the implementation of the Halloween event and the many extras that set this MMO apart from the many MMOs out there.

Alright, here is my feedback for PWI to make our playing experience more enjoyable. Please take it with heart as I am giving PWI valuable information that could potentually double or tripple the increase revenue. This will just touch on the current season or Halloween event. The free gifts and lottery system is a great idea. I love the items that you can potentually get. The 30% increase in attack is a great gift. I also like the mount and the wings you are able to get from the lottery. The costumes are a added bonus, I wish they would last longer than 26 days. I would love to see it as a perm items like in the cash shop. It is a great way to enhance a player's experience, no matter what time of year it is. I firmly believe that the Halloween event needs more than just a free gift and a lottery. You need more quests to make players interact with the spirit of Halloween. Some ideas come to mind in the spirit of Halloween. Black cats, Witches n broom sticks, potions that turn u into frogs or trolls. Cany corn and hell hounds. Bubbling cauldrins and pumpkins. Appraritions and ghosts. Spirits of the dead floating or walking amung us. Errie fog and a certain powerful enity that needs to be put to rest. A friendly game of simon says or catch the goul. Bats that atack and explode into candy or treats. Witches that cast spells like bighead or monkey head. A undead army that marches from city to city. Simple quests that give simple rewards. The key to making it a rememberable event is making it fun and interactive.
    I hope these ideas lead to more ideas that will make this game more extraordinary than it already is.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    To add on what kaza said, would be pretty awesome if we could get some "haloween invasions" similar to the usual hum ..what are those things called again?*scraches head* used to be called ranchor force invasions?.. anyways its to late for my brain to work, you all know what I mean. We want more fighting ebil undead mobbies thats trying to haunt the poor defenseless npcs and such.

Also about that +30 atk somthing, doesnt the desc on that sais "every point you are higher than ur opponent = +1% atk rating in your favour" Soo in pvp, if both parties have the 30 rating, doesnt that mean there is no bonus? So why are ppl so upset about this "ruining" TW. I still stand firm that the extra dmg is awesome and i LOOOOOOOOVE it, and its fair no matter how you look at it. (I do agree it makes my pet lose agro, but im a crit build and im used to that happening anyways)
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It's Attack Rating vs. Defense Rating, actually. However, with everyone doing 30% more damage to each other, it should ultimately balance out.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    PvP battles should be much quicker this week.