Official Coffee Talk: Halloween Event

flashelite
flashelite Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
I was wondering if every halloween is temporary or is it only the customes?
Are the pets temp?
Post edited by flashelite on

Comments

• xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The prizes you can attain from the Halloween Boxes are all permanent items. The costumes you get from Jolly Old Jones for free, are temporary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Where can I find Jolly? Saw him in the Questfinder but no coords. >.<
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Check out all main city areas, nearby
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • fluffybum
    fluffybum Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Complete rip off,100k for a very little chance of anything good, just like real life?
    You people can do a lot better than this, and with christmas around the corner might be the time to have a think about what ur offering
  • Skyewitchy - Heavens Tear
    Skyewitchy - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You must be talking about the new Halloween event. My lvl 38 doesn't even have 100k so this event is useless to me. The Dragon quests sucks all your money teleporting all over the place. This game is only good for people who pay loads of their real money to turn it into game money.

If you do not make it more reasonable for regular people on a budget then I will not be staying here for long. I would rather pay a set fee each month than try to play this type of game.
  • Sifow - Sanctuary
    Sifow - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This game goes with real life society. The rich people stay rich while the poorer stay poor. Sadly nobody with gold cares.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Since Beastkind players cannot use it, it's frustrating to end up with an item we cannot even use....b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have 4 Gift packs, 2 Ornament Packs and 1 weapon pack, 1 armor pack. They won't open. i'm at Jones and nothing there gives me any clue how to open them.

Anyone else have this problem or am I just too stupid to figure this out?

~S
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    inventory full ?
  • Vasflam - Lost City
    Vasflam - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You have to be above level 20 to open the packages. Also you open them through a dialogue at Jolly Old Jones, not by right clicking them.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    You have to be above level 20? wtf? Thats just lame. I spent cash to get this **** and your telling me I have to be lvl 20 to open the damn things? Thats just stupid. With what amount of time I have to play this game, it will take me a month or better to get to lvl 20. Jolly Old Jones won't be around then, so does that mean i'm out the 4 boxes? Unable to open them? ever? what genius thought THAT idea up?

~S
  • pdubs
    pdubs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Honestly it only takes like 3-4 days to get to level 20. And I'm not talking about spending 10 hours a day playing, I'm talking about casually for a couple hours each day.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    I have maybe an hour at best each day to play. Sometimes slightly more, but regardless, thats just an **** STUPID rule emplacement.

~S
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You bought the items, and you didn't have to. Your just mad at yourself for not reading.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    Funny, I don't see anything HERE about level : http://www.perfectworld.com/event/halloween/

so, unless this information is posted somewhere else, instead of there, then i'd say from that that EVERYONE should be able to open the damn gift packs, regardless of level.
  • pdubs
    pdubs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    1st of all you're pathetic if you can't get to 20 by November 3rd, even if you play 30 minutes a day you should be able to get there. 2nd of all, you don't have a friend that can just open the damn boxes for you? Seriously...
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    alright calm down a bit and pdubs no need to start flamming, granted its a bit of an upset and yes it dosent say anything about the level req, but your on lvl 8-9 already, keep getting them quests in and make sure your constantly doing things to lvl up, it should only take a few days to lvl to 20.

and also thatnks for the link as i didnt know where to get the hallowen things, so thanks. if you were on the same server as me id offer to give you a hand to lvl up or help out ^^
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    pdubs wrote: »
    1st of all you're pathetic if you can't get to 20 by November 3rd, even if you play 30 minutes a day you should be able to get there. 2nd of all, you don't have a friend that can just open the damn boxes for you? Seriously...

Lets see. I'm new to the game, been playing all of three days. Don't know anyone in the game, and don't trust people on the internet with anything of mine in a game, and finally, pathetic? You don't even know me so STFU and FO. I have VERY limited play time. Maybe you can sit in front of the computer and play for hours instead of doing anything constructive, but I can't. I have a business I have to keep running, that takes up a significant bit of my personal time. I'm lucky to have my "weekends" free, let alone a weekday at all.

So, before you go calling anyone pathetic, maybe step back and consider their lives might be a bit more involved than yours, allowing them less free time to play a game.

~S

*edit and Santacruz, thank you. Ironically, it's my new character that has the packs on him, not this one. I rolled a Cleric and liked him better so Saitada isn't likely to get much bigger than this.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ok, is your new char on the Sancturary server? im all up for helping you out if you want me to if were on the same server.

if your new to this game then thats fine we all struggled, i did =) but ive found some friends and a guild now and there all really nice, one of my friends wanted to lvl to 30 and was getting upset because she couldent due to work and struggeling, so we both switched accounts. for a week where i lvled her to lvl 30 and she used my account to come online and talk to us. trust is a very hard thing to gain and that move required a lot of trust between both of us not to fk each other over xD, but you will find some friends soon ^^
  • xoverx
    xoverx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well i have to disagree, to me making money in this game is fairly easy, it takes time of course but its not that hard.

It really depends on if ur willing to go out and grind for it, other then that its not NEARLY as bad as other games iv played.

I think id take this games Coin rate over any other game for sure
  • Foxify - Lost City
    Foxify - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    just wanted to say what a load of **** this event is.
    ok
    1 use 100k (grinded/quested)
    2 use GA (cash shop or as above and baught os members)

100k is a bit on the harsh side for lower members and even higherones who dont want to waste 100k on some crappy cake or Big head pills you cant even use.

so yeah well done to the people who spend 1 mill plus on getting something good.
    admitently i wasted 500k/angels in the hope of something good and i got.
    10 x big head pills
    10 x monkey pills
    2 x metal games (which never sell so they will go merchant)
    and some fooking cake for a little hp

WTF is that so basically i can spend 100k on some cake or pills my class cant even use.
    infact all i saw around the NPC was people dropping pills and gems on the floor.

up to today i liked the game, was having fun and looking forward to something interesting for this halloween event. now its just fooked me off. like many other games its pushed at the people with money and set with unfair advantages.
    i mean it wouldnt even be so mad if every item was ALL class. at least i could use some of it. but now i have a shed load of crappy pills that ill just giva away cos no one wants to buy any.
    oh and lets not forget the STUPID fooking packs that when you open them fill your bag with treats and i mean FILL they dont stack so you get 10 treast in 10 slots in your bag, nice if your a lowbie of havent expanded your bags.
    who the hell thoght of this event?
    wheres the "ghosts,ghouls and monsters" which should be attacking places, or in dungeons.
    wheres the decorated towns and stuff to make it look haloween style??
    no where and for 1 reson only, you guys wanted extra cash, so you add an npc with stupid prices and low rates and call it an event.
    let me guess christmas will be exactly the same but with crappy christmas costumes, crappy christmas cake, some gems and maybe when you have spens 1 mill + youl eget a "rare" mount.
    perfect world is only perfect if you spend either 24/7 grinding gold or you spend real money on Zen. or gold.
    oh and funny how the support ticket system only ever seems to answer mails regarding Zen issues and not game issues. i send alot due to bugs i have every day and get 0 reply. but the day i sent a ticket regarding zen i got 3 replies in under 10 mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxify - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    agreed why the hell do i want to spend 100k on some crappy fooking pills that i cant use so basically waste 100k on something that even the merchant doesnt want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    True, money is easy to make in this game by just investing some time. And not teleporting to everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Spending coin and/or Dolls are not the only methods for attaining Halloween Boxes. Halloween Boxes can also be found by killing monsters. Please take care with the language that you use here in the forums. Just because you misspell a curse word, doesn't mean it's outside the forum guidelines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    trust is a very hard thing to gain and that move required a lot of trust between both of us not to fk each other over xD, but you will find some friends soon ^^

I just came here from a game where it was encouraged for players to rip others off. I don't trust well lol.

~S
  • Foxify - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    either way 100k for some cake or big head pills you cant use is ****. did they even look at other games and what they do on event?? i doubt it, pwi _ "lets do an event" pwi2 "cant be botherd with too much, just add some npcs and make it expensive"
    crappy event very dissapointing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostfaith
    lostfaith Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Actually i found this event being very strange. Low levels cannot participate because of crazy prices (100k each gift)), while high levels are getting only 40lvl gear of this event.

Wouldnt it be wise to reduce price to lower level with chance to win their level equipment that they could actually use?

And high price for high levels but chance to get decent THEIR level equipment?

I blow up over 60 dolls and have full inventory of 40lvl gear, im so happy, what a great event...
  • nalsheen
    nalsheen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You guys should be going to bat for the majority of players who did NOT get the 10 chances per 100k to win a nice prize, while allowing those who did to rake in large amounts of cash...

Instead, you lock any threads where people have a legit complaint.....and worry about forum policy.

Nice, real nice.....
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You must be talking about the new Halloween event. My lvl 38 doesn't even have 100k so this event is useless to me.

While it's useless for me too, there seems to be some difference is money spending. I'm lvl 37, and I have a little over 400K. I almost never use the teleport system, and if I do, most of my jumps are the 200 gold jumps, not the 3K ones.

At the same time, as a Venomancer I have very little need to spend money --- I only spend money for teleports (see above), skills (no pet skills yet, no melee skills, no skills the guide says are bad) and repairs. I never buy stuff off players --- Perfect World or any other game, it doesn't matter.

Still, I'm not going to burn that money on the small chance to get something "exclusive". Events such as these are generally geared towards the 24/7 players so they have something to burn millions and millions of gold on to add something to their item collection. That's why the rewards are special items and impossible to get for normal players.

Like long ago, where I spent the whole event week collecting event item drops, and cashed them in. Needless to say, I got the "10 potions of uselessness" reward. It wasn't entirely unexpected --- I was indeed considering selling the event items to the 24/7 players that were already competing about who got the most cash items from the event, how many hundreds of millions they had already spent on getting these, and how much more money they would get from selling them. But I didn't need the money, so I decided to give it a shot.

Nowadays, I "skip" most events. They aren't meant for normal players.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Foxify - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    lock and warn and threaton with ban. because we are unhappy.

omg have PWI been reading codemasters forums???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]