Official Coffee Talk: Halloween Event

Comments

• Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I had no problems, stop badmouthing the event. Maybe the item you got just stacked with a existing pile?
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    *sigh* connection probs put all my posts in one thread
  • nalsheen
    nalsheen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Bwahahah, do u know what random means? What kinda person blows 100$ on a event, if you got that kinda cash lying around you shouldnt complain at all.

Its like going to the local lottery machine and spending 100$ without winning the jackpot and then saying its the worst scam ever.

We're not being condescending are we?
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    and all i get is 1 %$@$ ugly horse and a bunch of gems when all i wanted was wings and sword this game is a pos bs ripoff

Ahhhh.. but you're human.. wings are for elves..... b:faint
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rakuhakujin
    rakuhakujin Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I love the halloween event except that its too expensive. Coins are hard to come by already...who has 100k to blow on a longshot unless they're a long-time player?

Seems kinda silly to exclude the new players.
    edited October 2008
    You just need to know how to work the economic system. Pick up EVERYTHING that's dropped and sell it either in your own shop or to NPC. And if you find piles of stuff lying about, pick that up too.

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hello Y'all:

Sorry but due to an overabundance of redundant threads being created in regards to the Halloween Event we will be consolidating all threads into this one.

If you wish to discuss these matters please do so within this thread. Any new threads created in regards to these topics will be moved to this one.

Thank You!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • rakuhakujin
    rakuhakujin Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It doesn't matter how well you pick up stuff, if you're below level twenty and you dont have rich friends in the game, the event means next to nothing.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm getting irritated at you guys using world talk to say "omg shut him up" so here's how you do it.

See that 3x3 grid block next to where you type messages? Click that.

Click Game tab.

See the box with the check mark next to System? Uncheck it.

The Duke talks no more. Also note you will no longer hear about wraiths or whatever that is attacking such and such place. Just stop complaining about him announcing people getting stuff.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    All I see is *moan* *bich* *complain*

100k OR 1 guardian angel. I saw about 500billion stalls selling angels for 40k each near the jolly npc. No one is forcing u to spend 100k, just use ur common sense.

You get a free item that boosts ur atk, how is that not indirectly "increased exp" (more atk = faster kills = more exp in same time) ?

And we get some funny looking fashion, seriousley this event isnt NEARLY as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Just cos its halloween doesnt mean suddenly the game owes everyone 100x exp and a billion gold everytime they kill a lvl 20 mob. You should be happy just getting some temp fashion!
    You just need to know how to work the economic system. Pick up EVERYTHING that's dropped and sell it either in your own shop or to NPC. And if you find piles of stuff lying about, pick that up too.

I do exactly that, then nest thing I know it all went to, upgrading skills, buying pots, repair bills, pet food, teleporting , buying equipment, overpriced mats that players sell, (who the hell sells dull claws for 20k each? seriously come on now).

After that I end up back at square one or with less money I've had than before.
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm getting irritated at you guys using world talk to say "omg shut him up" so here's how you do it.

Click Game tab.

The Duke talks no more. Also note you will no longer hear about wraiths or whatever that is attacking such and such place. Just stop complaining about him announcing people getting stuff.

it cant be unclicked genius
  • Darcane - Lost City
    Darcane - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Click Game tab.

Yeah, unfortunately this doesn't work. I was thinking the same thing telling others to uncheck it until someone informed me otherwise. I checked it out and sure enough, it cannot be unchecked.
  • cronoslave
    cronoslave Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Duke shouts: Let it be known that Jolly Old Joe is a
    gloryfied Lottery Ticket Salesman.
  • Zahara - Heavens Tear
    Zahara - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You have to be above level 20? wtf? Thats just lame. I spent cash to get this **** and your telling me I have to be lvl 20 to open the damn things? Thats just stupid. With what amount of time I have to play this game, it will take me a month or better to get to lvl 20. Jolly Old Jones won't be around then, so does that mean i'm out the 4 boxes? Unable to open them? ever? what genius thought THAT idea up?

~S

LOL.. seriously? A month O_o... Just quest & u'll have it in no time. There's no reason, even with only 2 hours or less a day, u can't reach lvl 20 in less than a week. It took me about 1 day from 6pm to bed time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zahara - Heavens Tear
    Zahara - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    charezon wrote: »
    Very disappointed too, but for different reasons. It seems you can only truly reap the rewards of this event if you a) bought Zen, or b) have lots of money (due to high character level).

Was a thought spared for those that do not have enough money, that they too might want to enjoy the event or own one of the nice rewards? Unless you were one of the initial exploiters or have loads of money you are left on the sidelines.

Not everyone that plays here is from the USA, buying Zen is not a viable option if your country has a bad exchange rate against the US Dollar.

A case of 'those that have a lot will get even more' - quite disappointing b:surrender

Well part of the motovation to get high level is the rewards that come more available to you. Higher lvl is a lot of work, befits are deserved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azraelkurai - Heavens Tear
    Azraelkurai - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well I gave it a try. 10 Guardian Angels and the only thing I got worth mentioning was an awesome 3 star sword.... for blademasters..... and I'm a wizard. Eh, maybe it will sell for a decent price as the stats are absolutely amazing for the level.

While I would have loved to have Midnight or Nakir's Judgment, the one thing I wanted more than anything was Isafel so I could give it to my wife's veno.

I did find a nice way to make some coin though, I decided to sell the gold I had bought earlier. Had bought 5 gold for 90k coins each, sold this morning for 130k coins. Not a great profit, but it was some :)

I do have to thank the developers though. Seeing a couple of people riding around on Midnight reminded me of how much I miss my Warlock is WoW. With Wrath of the Lich King coming out in a few weeks, it's time to reinstate my account :)
    edited October 2008
    I do exactly that, then nest thing I know it all went to, upgrading skills, buying pots, repair bills, pet food, teleporting , buying equipment, overpriced mats that players sell, (who the hell sells dull claws for 20k each? seriously come on now).

After that I end up back at square one or with less money I've had than before.

Why are you buying mats? Sure it might be faster, but that's really your decision there.

As for pots an such, take you time when hunting. Kill three targets and then rest. Only kill unitl your manaless (since you seem to play a veno) if you're at least +20 levels higher than the spawn and it's not a boss. Also, get used to range attacking. Oh yeah, and increased evasion with gems really helps reduce the cost of repairs as well. After all, if you're not hit, there's nothing to repair.

Ah don't teleport as often. If you walk you should be able to not only get kills and their consequential XP, Spirit, and drops, but you save money. LOTS of money.

You just need to learn how to budged more efficiently, and maybe take up a craft to supplement your income. Two would be best. Choose one and then Apothecary. I stress Apoth. because if you can break down items, you can turn them into chistones (sometiems mirage celestones), make them into aux. charms, and then use them to kill faster, or sell them. Also, making you own remedies will help negate costs.

Money's not hard to come buy if you can do it properly. In 4 hours I can make 100k camping in a certain area. The mobs do nothing for me XP wise, but the drops are pretty good. You just need to be a little more wise with your money, that's all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhys_tussand - Heavens Tear
    Rhys_tussand - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    so my wife got Midnight...lucky...and can't figure out how to get on him? I looked and can't see it anywhere either...someone help?b:sad
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Wow mystic, didn't even think about the TW thing. The extra 30% kinda overdoes it for regular PK too doesn't it? I mean, how many people are there that you hit for like 75% of their health that are now a one shot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Are all the items that you can get from the boxes tradeable?

And for those that are upset that poor players cannot participate in the event, 2 of the 3 quests are free. Everyone gets a free charm and a free costume. It is only the presents that cost anything. I do wish some of the free items were permanent, but I guess that is not likely in a game that makes money selling items from a cash shop.
  • Tikana - Heavens Tear
    Tikana - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Spent real money on 30 angels got 30 candy thats just lame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phuquit
    phuquit Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    so my wife got Midnight...lucky...and can't figure out how to get on him? I looked and can't see it anywhere either...someone help?b:sad
    I would think you have to go to a Pet Trainer to hatch it.
    Make sure she has an available slot for a pet first by pressing P for pet menu.
  • Azazuul - Sanctuary
    Azazuul - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Maybe I'll do the quests and ignore the whole thing :)
  • Sig - Heavens Tear
    Sig - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The event was PHAIL - PERIOD. They took a WHOLE day longer to do it and STILL PHAILED. Great job PWI, You're going to loose your player base if you keep this up. You should make events that non-cash players ACTUALLY, and I really do mean ACTUALLY get something nice from. Now Hear this, I AM a cash player, I just know how it is to be someone who doesn't have a damn shot because someones trying to burn a whole in your pocket.

Look PWI staff, I know the server needs money, great, you're rich after that event. But without players, you're not getting anything, and I think this mornin, you lost a few. How about you do something for the OTHER HALF OF THE PLAYERS. You need to hire new hands, you're NOT doing a good job. Sorry.
  • Bye - Heavens Tear
    Bye - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The event was PHAIL - PERIOD. They took a WHOLE day longer to do it and STILL PHAILED. Great job PWI, You're going to loose your player base if you keep this up. You should make events that non-cash players ACTUALLY, and I really do mean ACTUALLY get something nice from. Now Hear this, I AM a cash player, I just know how it is to be someone who doesn't have a damn shot because someones trying to burn a whole in your pocket.

Look PWI staff, I know the server needs money, great, you're rich after that event. But without players, you're not getting anything, and I think this mornin, you lost a few. How about you do something for the OTHER HALF OF THE PLAYERS. You need to hire new hands, you're NOT doing a good job. Sorry.

I do totaly agree with you!
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Prologue: Yes, I've heard people are getting banned for speaking up about the event. And I love this game, I love my character, and I love my guild. We're doing better than I ever could have hoped for. But this event is going to kill the server, and none of that matters if we and the staff don't step up and do something, so if I have to risk personal punishment for that so be it. I hope to god the GMs won't shoot the messenger, but if I get banned for this, I did it trying to save the game.

So, let's get started, shall we?

On Lost City, until the servers went down, there was a bug causing Mr. Jones to give out boxes for 10k. Conqueror, the largest and most powerful guild on the server, caught wind of this bug and used their uber cash shop pr0s to buy countless boxes and pop them open like they were nothing.

Server goes down, bug's fixed... But GMs refuse to roll back, giving Conqueror a tremendous advantage in selling these aerogear and 3% exp items for the coming time! Awesome! Thanks guys. After all, we don't like competition on this server anyway. Oracle FTW!

Server goes back up, cash shop market for auction house crashes. Gold goes up to 175-180k. Heirograms are non-existant, if you can find them they are around 350k a pop. Dolls are non-existant... Great, for a PVP server. That's just what we like.

So, figuring this couldn't get much worse, I tucked my head between a legs, grabbed a miji and went off to solo grind.

You see, we were also given this wonderfully **** buff of 30% of our patk and matk. And at first glance, you think, GREAT! I'll level fast as hell! And don't get me wrong, the leveling is great.

But here's what you guys have ruined.

30% extra PATK goes into Territory War, too. Which makes defending horribly easy because any cart puller is going to die fast as hell. There's no point in attacking a defended territory at all for two weeks.

Players are realizing this, as well as realizing what a huge advantage conqueror has gotten, and quitting the game left and right. RageQuit members, allies, enemies, and nonfactors tossing their gear out in town are dropping like flies.

So good job, guys. Thanks for this event. Thanks for ruining the next 2 weeks, and god only knows how long after that the economy is going to be ruined and how huge of an advantage Conqueror members and other bug-abusers who go unpunished and rather praised and rewarded will have.

Thanks a bunch, this was a good game for a while. You guys really need to start caring about your players before you lose the remaining ones.

You guys moved my post :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • Sig - Heavens Tear
    Sig - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I do totaly agree with you!

Thank you. I'm glad someone does. They're going to ruin the community.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Love the event :]

@Sig. 2 of my guild members did not spend ANY real life cash on angels and got a Midnight on their 2nd try. Just because you aren't lucky doesn't mean this even is an epic fail.

I personally enjoy it, exspecially the free costumes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Love the event :]

@Sig. 2 of my guild members did not spend ANY real life cash on angels and got a Midnight on their 2nd try. Just because you aren't lucky doesn't mean this even is an epic fail.

I personally enjoy it, exspecially the free costumes.

PVE players shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on this event, since it's not wrecking their server like it is ours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm talking about the event itself, not about it's influence on anything. God forbid people post a neutral post without dragging the entire economy or cash shop prices into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]