Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

Options

Comments

• outburn
    outburn Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    superfedee wrote: »
    @arspaulina#4310 could you also address the fact that r9r4 boundless weapon for duskblades do not keep the +2 range addon while the same weapon for assassins do keep it?​​

Yes, also address why psychics get +5 def lvl add-on while clerics don't. I would like them to add +5 def lvl to cleric boundless instead of the mag attack.

• darkdemen
    darkdemen Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    PWCN weapons won't be changed anyways :#
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    outburn wrote: »
    Yes, also address why psychics get +5 def lvl add-on while clerics don't. I would like them to add +5 def lvl to cleric boundless instead of the mag attack.
    @arspaulina#4310 could you also address the fact that r9r4 boundless weapon for duskblades do not keep the +2 range addon while the same weapon for assassins do keep it?​​

Guys I don't think CN will get to change those bonuses :x. I mean it's already hard to tell what's gonna happen with Purify Spell which is an effect that a variety of weapons including the G17 ones have, and in everyone of them this effect is stated like If they where exactly "the same" which obviously isn't the case.

But speaking of this Range +2 from DBs or the Def Lv +5 from Psychic's Soulsphere those where ment to be like that from the very start and are not decieving anyone. Not all of the effects on those Boundless weaps will be entirely useful for everyone. Look at Blademaster's Axes for example, those have Interval -0.05, that bonus is pretty much useless on those axes.

So sadly, I guess DBs will not go for that boundless unless they risk themselves to lose that Range +2 (Which I think nobody will give that up). And Def Lv on that Soulsphere is waaaay needed for Psychics which are one (If not the most) squishies arcanes when they're going offensive (I'm not talking about having SoS or White Voodoo here). So I think is cool for them to have something distinctive.
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you @arspaulina#4310 and @orinj for the update
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    darkdemen wrote: »
    PWCN weapons won't be changed anyways :#

You people saying "china weps won't change" blah blah, just want to discourage people from trying. It costs nothing to try to ask for a solution, to ask for a clarification regarding the issue. Seriously, I don't know what's the satisfaction in bringing controversy to the threads xD.

But anyway, if they managed to sell international version players a customized R9, then they surely can change the proc rate of the boundless gear for the international version too. And they can leave the weapons for their PWCN game as they are if they want to, but for the PWI version, it would be fair if they at least improved it.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    Options
    Why people keep posting stuff not related to the main concern here, PWCN weapons won't be changed, that's a fact, go and cry in a corner that those stupidly OP Duskblade lost range addon.

What is the main concern here is the nerfed proc for Arcanes, IMO the easiest way to deal with this is offer a sidegrade path for R9 Boundless back to R9 limitless keeping refines and gems AND max status of the Limitless third cast for free, no Chienkuns at all. (Yes this needs max status as those people pretty much already paid for it).
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    oh really? so arcanes need to get back OP purify proc but it's right for dbs to lose range on the weapon while sins do not?
    I agree with samasalao. It's not about what dbs need or don't need. It's a topic about purify spell and purify spell only. Don't need to complain here on every single issue you encountered in game.
    Also, no need to discuss g17 here. Again, it's not about g17.
    If you think something is unfairly designed for another class, make another topic. It will be easier for CMs to see it. Because we all know pretty well, they are permanently busy, and of course suffered casters don't want to see here a brief answer from GM about duskblades problem, which flooded recent pages, and closed topic after that, because GMs didn't have time to read 98457945783948792387 pages of complains and answered only what caught their eyes at that moment.

And if you are so interested in range for db, according to the database
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/44965
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/44959
    Extra range on r9r3 is included into bonuses and no range on r9r4 is by design. And you could see what you are losing just looking into database. While casters had no way to see what they are losing, since the skills have same name and only marked in code differently. As a veno, I also lost some pdef switching to boundless, but I knew it and was agree to it. But why you didn't read database properly and rushed to recraft your weap for billions of coins, is the question.
    If you want to discuss range on saber further, please, seriously make another topic, I will gladly complain there with you and talk about the difference in these 2 arguable cases monkey-47.gif

Aside form reasonability of having puri spell 1 or puri spell 2 for our version, uncertainty is also the problem. If we knew boundless had worse proc rate, some of us would probably refused to spend money on it. At least we could think and decide if it's worth it or not. But since we had no clue and no way to find out (not everyone of us gids deeply into the code before doing something in game), we find it unfair, that we literally were giving no choice. It's important info and it was hidden for some weird unknown reasons. Skills are completely different, but one of them aren't renamed, like purge on bow - different purge procs have different names in game.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • shade13
    edited August 2016
    Options
    thread title "IS BOUNDLESS WORTH IT?"
    Thread is "Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?" Don't be so selective in reading pls. It's pretty obvious what is the main subject of this thread. Besides Eir has created other topics concerning other r9 weap skills
    so you guys r asking to give to r9r4 AA weapons benefits of r9r3, but DB r9r4 saber cant have the benefits of r9r3?
    Are you serious? tiger-18.gif
    Look again. I LOOKED WITH MY EYES into database and compared r9r3 and r9r4. And I saw I'm going to lose some physical defence. I thought and said, okay, I'm up for it. But I didn't expect that a purify spell would be different, since it's of the same name. I didn't expect it to be better, but at least the same, not worse, which is logical.

Now duskblades. They didn't look into database. They didn't compare weaps, they didn't pay attention to what they are going loose, they didn't question it in advance. Why? Who stopped them? They just bought it, then somehow saw it in game, that they are lacking range and came to QQ on forum. Hey, guys, didn't you see it before? It's known info. And you could check it in advance. If you craft items without looking, who are you blaming? Where is misinforming here? There are in game encyclopedia and database where it's pretty clear what bonuses weap is gonna have. It's up to you to decide whether you want it or not for such cost. I don't see a single reason for db to complain, honestly.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    Options
    lol @superfedee such selective arguments xD

Tbh, even if both purify procs have the same name, they are as they always existed in the game...

Sucks "NA" purify proc never received a different label like sacrificial slash & god of frenzy / soul shatter & spirit blackhole (probably because "NA" purify proc never existed in "CH" pwi and both other procs always existed in both versions?) so I don't see this getting changed...
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    do you want PWCH balance you keep 4% purify and i keep no range weapon.
    do you want custom balance? then i want custom balance for db aswell.​​

I understand your point about wanting to keep the range from the saber as sins do with their daggers. But for the Devs and GMs to look for that "custom balance" issue with DBs weapon, you need to make a different thread. If they come and read it here, they will either ignore your request and attend the purify proc issue, or just ignore both your request and the purify proc issue, and both you and all the people here will get no solution from PW Devs.

So please, don't get me wrong, I am just sugesting you to make a separate thread, so GMs/CMs/Devs can look for both requests. Otherwise this thread could get closed, and I'm sure if you started a thread after that, you wouldn't want it to be closed too because of people derailing or flaming it. Hope you can understand.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    Options
    @superfedee with that I agree, no idea why sin and DB have same addons on both weapons except for crit/range (and the aps, but don't think anyone was even concerned about it)... But china version always had it that way with lower proc chance on pury for arcanes / crit instead of range for DB...

No idea how can they "know" (lol) all the info about the weapons and ask for such ridiculous prices and call it an "upgrade"... Guess the poor that couldn't afford the "upgrade" are now laughing at it
  • eirghan
    Options
    Please stop derailing the thread. Thanks.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Woo it's Monday guys, which means we should hopefully know whats up :D

Also, since my notifications are currently blowing up and I've been prepping for a vacation, I'll just reinforce whats already been said- please stop derailing the thread. If you'd like to make a separate topic about DB's and their Boundless, feel free to do so. Otherwise I'm wading though trying to figure out if one of my many tags is in here multiple times.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • eirghan
    Options

Also, since my notifications are currently blowing up and I've been prepping for a vacation, I'll just reinforce whats already been said- please stop derailing the thread. If you'd like to make a separate topic about DB's and their Boundless, feel free to do so. Otherwise I'm wading though trying to figure out if one of my many tags is in here multiple times.

Wooo Ars gonna find out what's up! I'm excited. Thanks for checking up on this for us!​​
  • shade13
    Options
    yea i do, fact is that i was kind of even defending the argument of arcanes getting shafted, but then when i exposed an issue about r9r4 saber not being on pair with other r9r4 LA melee weapon i got kind of flamed by marengo, so that's it.
    How is clarifying the point of view is "got kind of flamed"? tiger-18.gif You had been reading and picking arguments selectively, I explained the difference. If you think I'm wrong somewhere, feel free to create appropriate topic and as I said, I will gladly discuss and will admit I was wrong if I was tiger-1.gif

I do agree tho, I knew about 2 types of puri spell in game, that r8r and r9r3 have different proc rate. But who could think that r9r3 puri is custom and not supposed to exist in China? Could you? Wasn't it logical that r9r4 should have better proc than r8r since we already have a weap with better proc? I was always cautious, knowing China and PWE, double checking, making sure there are no surprises, but this time it didn't seem likely because it's againt common sense and all the logic. I made a mistake, let my guard down, nothing foreboded such scenario monkey-47.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    yea i do, fact is that i was kind of even defending the argument of arcanes getting shafted, but then when i exposed an issue about r9r4 saber not being on pair with other r9r4 LA melee weapon i got kind of flamed by marengo, so that's it.

for what concerns me r9r4 was false advertisement, a total fiasco, content released by devs that didn't bother to test it or to even check what the heck they were releasing

just the fact that you need to pay huge gold and coins to downgrade from r9r3 its plain ridicolous, perhaps r9r4 boundless should be a cheaper alternative respect r9r3 since armors and weapons are worse

but instead they released hyped and advertised it as an upgrade\sidegrade\w.e.grade, just no way.​​

Like @shade13 already said. It was crystal clear how the weapons will turn out statwise for anyone cept for the purify proc change. Its not PWEs fault if you dont do ur homework after finally realizing how **** it is to lose 2m range which will put u at the losing side by default vs any decent r9rr DB. Happens. Anyone else realized that before. GG.

BTT: The proc really is getting out of hand and I keep hearing mourns from people as to how useless purify proc became with boundless and that they might as well just completely remove it from those weapons since it never really procs anyways. I can confirm that from personal experience. Standing in PV, pulling a whole PV to the last boss. waiting there for 10 sec+ with all mobs on me and no proc. That is just unreal. Thats easily over a thousand hits. Bad Luck? Maybe. Still, that should never happen. Same in mass. Dozens of people on me and despite being significantly weaker geared they still managed to kill me cause I got STUN (Not paralyze) locked til I died. Hundreds of hits again. No proc.

Thats really really frustrating and I am at a point (and most of my friends are too) in which we would trade the boundless weap just for a perf stat r9rr with enough to refine it back to +12 kinda immidiatly. The difference in power as a full josd caster and the sruvivability you gain by a working proc goes right out of the roof. Getting para locked and die is one thing. Sure, KK mechanics. getting stunlocked to death as a caster is just something that should never happen or rather not when its over a 10+ sec duration rofl.

#MeanwhileHittingOldProcPeopleOnceorTwiceAndSeeThemRunningForeverGGPWE

• eirghan
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »

for what concerns me r9r4 was false advertisement, a total fiasco, content released by devs that didn't bother to test it or to even check what the heck they were releasing

just the fact that you need to pay huge gold and coins to downgrade from r9r3 its plain ridicolous, perhaps r9r4 boundless should be a cheaper alternative respect r9r3 since armors and weapons are worse

but instead they released hyped and advertised it as an upgrade\sidegrade\w.e.grade, just no way.

Like @shade13 already said. It was crystal clear how the weapons will turn out statwise for anyone cept for the purify proc change. Its not PWEs fault if you dont do ur homework after finally realizing how **** it is to lose 2m range which will put u at the losing side by default vs any decent r9rr DB. Happens. Anyone else realized that before. GG.

BTT: The proc really is getting out of hand and I keep hearing mourns from people as to how useless purify proc became with boundless and that they might as well just completely remove it from those weapons since it never really procs anyways. I can confirm that from personal experience. Standing in PV, pulling a whole PV to the last boss. waiting there for 10 sec+ with all mobs on me and no proc. That is just unreal. Thats easily over a thousand hits. Bad Luck? Maybe. Still, that should never happen. Same in mass. Dozens of people on me and despite being significantly weaker geared they still managed to kill me cause I got STUN (Not paralyze) locked til I died. Hundreds of hits again. No proc.

Thats really really frustrating and I am at a point (and most of my friends are too) in which we would trade the boundless weap just for a perf stat r9rr with enough to refine it back to +12 kinda immidiatly. The difference in power as a full josd caster and the sruvivability you gain by a working proc goes right out of the roof. Getting para locked and die is one thing. Sure, KK mechanics. getting stunlocked to death as a caster is just something that should never happen or rather not when its over a 10+ sec duration rofl.

So true.... As a caster new to purify proc, I actually kill myself with the proc more often than not since It's always totally unexpected when I get it and I haven't been able to practice with it at all. I get maybe 5 or 6 procs in a full day of playing right now.

Picture a veno with ten mobs on her shoot by right into a flame in the wall in flowsilver.

Yeah. That's me. tiger-18.gif PWCN casters must literally hate the purify on this weapon LOL. fml tiger-34.gif
    ​​
  • eirghan
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »

but instead they released hyped and advertised it as an upgrade\sidegrade\w.e.grade, just no way.

lol do you think i care? i don't have any problems 2hitting stormbringers that run into me normal-1.gif

I got nothing against you man and I respect your opinions but I see you guys already have another thread to troll each other in, so if you could keep that out of this one would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.
    ​​
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    So true.... As a caster new to purify proc, I actually kill myself with the proc more often than not since It's always totally unexpected when I get it and I haven't been able to practice with it at all. I get maybe 5 or 6 procs in a full day of playing right now.

Picture a veno with ten mobs on her shoot by right into a flame in the wall in flowsilver.

Yeah. That's me. tiger-18.gif PWCN casters must literally hate the purify on this weapon LOL. fml
    ​​

I cannot even begin to explain how MUCH I hate it, it has literally become a joke, with the flag and around 10 people on me, I get maybe 1 proc after my charm ticks twice with some 50-100 hits. It is downright ****..... :expressionless:

~ Ruby_Inferno
  • eirghan
    Options

I know you're heading out soon fox-36.gif but did you get any news for us?​​
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    Options

Hi, everyone. Thanks for your patience. I met with the Devs and they double-downed on their previous statement of, [paraphrased] "It is the same."

I brought up the results of both external and internal tests regarding proc, and they told me that I'm looking at it myopically, and requested that I view holistically. I told them that without seeing their design it was a near impossible feat to view it "holistically"...

They wouldn't reveal the actual weapons statistics to me, but provided this statement:

"US asked for CN version so we gave it to you. US is better for PVE. CN is better for PVP. Some things increase, some things decrease, but overall they are the same."

And pretty much that was it. They closed the discussion on me.

As far as game/item design goes, there isn't anything I can do.
    However, for those of you that converted your US version to the CN version and want it "reverted", I am happy to offer that service to you. Your item can't be rolled back, but we can destroy the current version you have and replace it with the item you had before; so in essence a rollback, but not a true rollback in the appropriate sense of the word.

In order for us to do this, I will need you to take the following steps:

1. Go in-game and take a screenshot of your weapon tool tip.
    2. Send in a CS ticket and have the image attached.
    3. State in the ticket that you are requesting to have your item converted back to the US version.
    4. I have already instructed the CS group to oblige your requests, so you will not receive any push back.
    5. We can't do this forever, so we'll keep this service available until the end of September.
    6. The weapon restoration can only take place during maintenance periods, so bear with us if the process is slow.

Thanks.

- Orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thank you Orinj.

That sounds like a really fun conversation to have but I appreciate that you have backed us (the playerbase) up and found a workable solution for us. That is a better outcome than I could have hoped for.

I am happy and will proceed with working with support, but to clarify, will the items we have used on these new weapons also be reimbursed? I for one have hundreds of millions of coins worth of refines and gems already embedded into this new weapon.

One last small question that might be worth looking into to reduce future headache: is there a chance that the item descriptions can be altered as asterelle suggested, and if not, a disclaimer added to the advert for boundless or another location so future consumers can make a more informed decision?
    ​​
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    Options
    orinj wrote: »

Hi, everyone. Thanks for your patience. I met with the Devs and they double-downed on their previous statement of, [paraphrased] "It is the same."

I brought up the results of both external and internal tests regarding proc, and they told me that I'm looking at it myopically, and requested that I view holistically. I told them that without seeing their design it was a near impossible feat to view it "holistically"...

They wouldn't reveal the actual weapons statistics to me, but provided this statement:

"US asked for CN version so we gave it to you. US is better for PVE. CN is better for PVP. Some things increase, some things decrease, but overall they are the same."

However, for those of you that converted your US version to the CN version and want it "reverted", I am happy to offer that service to you. Your item can't be rolled back, but we can destroy the current version you have and replace it with the item you had before; so in essence a rollback, but not a true rollback in the appropriate sense of the word.

3. State in the ticket that you are requesting to have your item converted back to the US version.
    4. I have already instructed the CS group to oblige your requests, so you will not receive any push back.
    5. We can't do this forever, so we'll keep this service available until the end of September.
    6. The weapon restoration can only take place during maintenance periods, so bear with us if the process is slow.

Thanks.

- Orinj

hi, thats kinda not bad news and thanks for the effort so far. but what about the money we put into the new weapon? that includes the 1.)r9.4 mats 2.)refine mats 3.) the shards

also, what about the refine level and shards of the US weapon we had?
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    orinj wrote: »

Thanks.

- Orinj

Thank you so much for the effort, @orinj , I greatly appreciate it! I have to ask something very important regarding this though:

1) Will we be provided the weapons along with their respective refines & shards? (+12 for a +12 R9r4 Weapon & the respective shards upon re-reimbursement)

2) Will we get maxed out stats on the R9r3 Weapon (which would be very logical) or will they be randomized? (which will make it pointless to go back)

Thanks again!

~ Ruby_Inferno
    Post edited by hawke1000 on
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Thanks for the update @orinj
    I do have to ask however; are we going to receive Dragon Orbs to refine and equal level shards as well? I really appreciate giving us the option to revert our weapons back, but it would be nice if we can also get refines/shards back since they cost quite a bit.
    ​​