Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    PWE may not refund people for this, and they may even completely ignore this. However, that doesn't mean players shouldn't try to get PWE's attention and try to get a refund or help to get their old weapon back.

If we accept everything without even trying to ask for changes/compensation because "lol PWE doesn't care" and "lol read the ToS", then surely nothing will ever happen. Trying doesn't cost anything. We probably wouldn't even have orinj here, had people not made a ruckus over that GM incident a while back.

Ya, even a refund in just mats does cost them absolutely nothing cept for a bit of human work to send out all the stuff and to organize the matter. Money spent is already spent and wont return anyways. The thing PWE would have to consider is...to ask PWCN Devs to change all purify spell-procs for our version to the better one (and I promise you guys this is alot less work and a more welcomed solution).

And no @superfedee I didnt invest alot of coin into an improvement just to get back what I had and to even gamble for stats again. That was the main point behind the upgrade. To not have to gamble for random stats. IF they refund the old weap with complete disregard to what people have spent to make this "upgrade" then it should be a r9.3 weapon with maxed out stats to begin with. No gambling, no more work on our side. Otherwise its no compensation at all. I know they can send out stuff with fixed stats the way they want it and that is indeed what I want. OR, they give us back the weap we had before or a kit to reroll/refine a bit + the mats needed to upgrade refunded in gold. That would also be OK. Nothing else is acceptable.

If there is to be any refund of any kind, it should be the exact weapon they had, nothing more, nothing less. If you're going to give out maxed stats only, then everyone else that didn't upgrade should get maxed stats as well, regardless of if they did the "upgraded" or not.

China should not give us another custom version, they wanted our version to be more like theirs, that is what they are doing.
    It's been said over and over that they want to do that.

I'm still more in favour of what i've always said; give people the option to switch between our version and china's version for a shitton cheaper than it is now. (with the option to keep refine and shards at the very least)
    At least then people can revert if they don't like it.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• dblazen1
    edited August 2016
    superfedee wrote: »
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    PWE may not refund people for this, and they may even completely ignore this. However, that doesn't mean players shouldn't try to get PWE's attention and try to get a refund or help to get their old weapon back.

If we accept everything without even trying to ask for changes/compensation because "lol PWE doesn't care" and "lol read the ToS", then surely nothing will ever happen. Trying doesn't cost anything. We probably wouldn't even have orinj here, had people not made a ruckus over that GM incident a while back.

Ya, even a refund in just mats does cost them absolutely nothing cept for a bit of human work to send out all the stuff and to organize the matter. Money spent is already spent and wont return anyways. The thing PWE would have to consider is...to ask PWCN Devs to change all purify spell-procs for our version to the better one (and I promise you guys this is alot less work and a more welcomed solution).

And no @superfedee I didnt invest alot of coin into an improvement just to get back what I had and to even gamble for stats again. That was the main point behind the upgrade. To not have to gamble for random stats. IF they refund the old weap with complete disregard to what people have spent to make this "upgrade" then it should be a r9.3 weapon with maxed out stats to begin with. No gambling, no more work on our side. Otherwise its no compensation at all. I know they can send out stuff with fixed stats the way they want it and that is indeed what I want. OR, they give us back the weap we had before or a kit to reroll/refine a bit + the mats needed to upgrade refunded in gold. That would also be OK. Nothing else is acceptable.

If there is to be any refund of any kind, it should be the exact weapon they had, nothing more, nothing less.

the flaw in your reason is that people spent a shitload of money starting from a maxed out r9r3+12 icebourne weapon

so if you actually spent the money to:

get r9r4 mats
    pay the r9r4 fee
    re-refine to +12
    re-shard to icebourne

when the compensation needs to be given, seen the money spent and wasted, it needs to actually bring some kind of an improvement. so yea maxed stats r9r3 at very least or a full kit to re-reroll re-refine and re-reshard

also this whole thing kind of blasted my hype for g17r3 rush, if all the procs are as bad, whats the **** point...

Fair point about the money spent on getting stuff to get R9r4
    PWE would have to check people's transaction logs from cashshop then though (if they even have those?).
    Then it's still hard to check, because what if people bought packs, opened them and resold the items?
    Should they reimbursed the coins / big notes spent (which would cause a huge inflate on coins in the game at the same time, so it'd potentially **** up the market?)?
    Or only the money spent?

Say:
    Buy 100 packs: get CoM / other rare items
    >sell said items
    >buy mats from people (whichever you can)
    >do upgrade

How would they go around with that though, theoretically?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    I'm inclined to believe g17 blackhole won't be as good as the one we are used to. Picture a squad full of purgers. Kinda makes sense the g17 procs suck given they have other benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if other procs also had 5% rate.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Wow I go to bed early (my job has been nucking futs the last few weeks) and the forums explode.

asterelle wrote: »
    Limitless (Our R9 third cast)
    Spirit Blackhole: 2279

Boundless (Our R9 fourth cast or CN third cast) / Rank 8 recast / Rank 8 2nd recast
    fox-26.gif Guess I don't need to do Purge test anymore. Gonna spend my weekend relaxing instead of smacking things.fox-26.gif

And of course @asterelle and @hawke1000 are basically my !%$&ing heroes. fox-35.gif​​
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    not only is the product "not as expected", which would result in a full refund at most companies, its also false advertisement.
    in addition to the list of items that superfede already posted, id also demand the items that were usedto make and refine/shard the r9.4.

OR they have china edit the code and bring the r9.4 weapon to 13.5% as well (for our version, it must be somehow possible)
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Just to add a counterpoint, what if China intentionally does want to phase out the broken purify proc rate in American version? I think it is more likely that they nerf R9r3 proc to be in line with others and **** up the American version as well. It is obvious that China thinks purify is op given the introduction of duskblade and the amount of paralyzes put into the game.

Given this is true, it may be that R9r3 players are just being grandfathered in, and we will have to choose between higher damage+caster zerk+invincibility proc vs old purify proc and lower damage.

The reason I am saying this is because I think it will be very difficult to reach a solution that all players will think is fair (including those who didn't go boundless), especially if China thinks we shouldn't be having 13.3% proc in the first place.

Would all the people above be willing to sacrifice the damage output of boundless for the old purify proc rate? Or just the venos?
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    I suppose that would make sense given that our stuff got a direct "upgrade" lead-in into China's Rank 9, versus just making say, Rank 9 second cast just branch off into either path or allowing us to keep refines or making some sort of different system. Not saying that thats ok or anything. Anyways I have to go back a few posts to see what sort of compensation people are discussing while I'm drinking my tea and processing everything since that's a whole other kettle of fun. But anyways carry on.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • eirghan
    dregenfox wrote: »
    Just to add a counterpoint, what if China intentionally does want to phase out the broken purify proc rate in American version? I think it is more likely that they nerf R9r3 proc to be in line with others and **** up the American version as well. It is obvious that China thinks purify is op given the introduction of duskblade and the amount of paralyzes put into the game.

Given this is true, it may be that R9r3 players are just being grandfathered in, and we will have to choose between higher damage+caster zerk+invincibility proc vs old purify proc and lower damage.

The reason I am saying this is because I think it will be very difficult to reach a solution that all players will think is fair (including those who didn't go boundless), especially if China thinks we shouldn't be having 13.3% proc in the first place.

Would all the people above be willing to sacrifice the damage output of boundless for the old purify proc rate? Or just the venos?

It's a possibility that entered my mind but I didn't want to encourage the solution that surely would follow if thats the truth. monkey-2.gif Now that it's "out" there... I think our version has been built around this sort of "balance" and the whole "PVP" community would be turned on it's head if, for instance, the r999 proc percent that we are used to was suddenly changed to the CN proc rate. There are many PVPers on my server that rely on this proc rate and can literally kite you infinitely unless you are a DB or BM. They thrive in 1v1s.

That said, if it is PW's plan to grandfather casters into the CN proc rate, doing so by making these players pay the equivalent of hundreds of dollars USD and throwing wool over the difference in proc rate is not the right way to go about it. Likely the G17 will be more successful in doing this where casters are given the choice between several procs and proc rates.

Hopefully PWCN is more forthcoming about the information for these weapons in the future.
    ​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    If there is to be any refund of any kind, it should be the exact weapon they had, nothing more, nothing less.
    Agree, BUT if they let us keep our new made boundless too. Then "nothing more nothing less" works +/-. If not, sorry, but it's ridiculous. As I said, it's like you drop a billion of coins somewhere and leave.

Seriously, I'd accept it happily if they gave me back my old r9r3 with my stats and refines and let me keep new one. Since we spent money for full 2 weaps, why should we give one of them away, since such bad misinforming happened?

"Or just the venos" fox-18.gif Sounds like every veno will be happy to cut her damage down.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dregenfox
    edited August 2016
    shade13 wrote: »
    Agree, BUT if they let us keep our new made boundless too. Then "nothing more nothing less" works +/-. If not, sorry, but it's ridiculous. As I said, it's like you drop a billion of coins somewhere and leave.

Seriously, I'd accept it happily if they gave me back my old r9r3 with my stats and refines and let me keep new one. Since we spent money for full 2 weaps, why should we give one of them away, since such bad misinforming happened?

"Or just the venos" fox-18.gif Sounds like every veno will be happy to cut her damage down.​​

I think this solution is guaranteed to upset a lot of people who chose not to go boundless, unless they kept this option in for future players as well.

Also idk about your server but on my server venomancer strats basically amounts to "purge/amp then turtle until 0 pdef procs", so damage really isn't a factor.
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    eirghan wrote: »
    Wow I go to bed early (my job has been nucking futs the last few weeks) and the forums explode.

Limitless (Our R9 third cast)

Boundless (Our R9 fourth cast or CN third cast) / Rank 8 recast / Rank 8 2nd recast
    fox-26.gif Guess I don't need to do Purge test anymore. Gonna spend my weekend relaxing instead of smacking things.fox-26.gif

And of course @asterelle and @hawke1000 are basically my !%$&ing heroes. fox-35.gif​​

and @eirghan is mine! <3333 c:

also thanks to @asterlle for unearthing those IDs in the code! \o/
  • shade13
    I think this solution is guaranteed to upset a lot of people who chose not to go boundless, unless they kept this option in for future players as well.
    Any solution will upset some ppl in fact tiger-2.gif
    On the other hand, ppl who made it took the risk and became testers in a way. Since PWE doesn't have its own testers team (only QA team, but they don't know the game from player's view and can only make sure that servers technically work), spent their money/time for farming mats and refines anew. Plus, weaps are not much of a difference and you can't use them both at the same time. It only could be a little comfort to have 5-7 extra attck lvls for which you payed hundreds of millions after all.
    Not like I really believe it will happen...
    Also idk about your server but on my server venomancer strats basically amounts to "purge/amp then turtle until 0 pdef procs", so damage really isn't a factor.
    There are some endgame venomancers on my server, who aren't indifferent to what their char is capable of. You don't even need r9 for what you described. Actually, poorly geared alts could do it and did it indeed. Putting huge tones of time and efforts into your char to be able just purge amp and spam 1 skill is a waste. It's like gearing up a wiz to endgame only for spamming undine strike.
    Yeah, we came to agreement, that veno is "least 1v1 oriented class", I remember xD But for fox sake, no need to drag the class lower than it already is tiger-2.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016

Hehe I missed that one. I hardly speak for all venos on this thread. I have always been, always will be first and foremost a seeker so I don't claim to be the venos of the server's voice here or anything like that. In fact my playstyle is probably very unique coming from an HA background. What i state here is only my opinion monkey-2.gif and as you can see Marengo being a kick **** veno herself possibly disagrees with how I want to build my veno.

I can't speak for everyone (see last paragraph) but as a sage veno that can hardly be my playstyle monkey-27.gif my playstyle is more like "purge amp then gtfo while someone else kills them and hope you dont die"monkey-43.gifmonkey-44.gif​​
  • shade13
    Well, not to offend any full support builds and fans of purely tanky playing style, there is still no such concept as "damage is not a factor". Same as "too much hp" or "too much defense" or any other stat. Even pure vit char won't refuse extra damage if he isn't demanded to trade something else for it. Another question is what you sacrifice for it. Maybe it's not the most important factor for someone, but factor nevertheless. Who knows, maybe your extra 100 digits will finish the last hp of an enemy and save the day monkey-47.gif

dregenfox's post sounded like a statement that any veno should surely refuse extra damage in favour of extra survivability. If so... it can be not only veno, clerics and mystics also are proven "saviors" for whom living longer can mean more than hitting harder. For example. pig-30.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • topmasterseller
    topmasterseller Posts: 32 Arc User
    tbh the only solution for me is to change-nerf limitless proc with the same as boundless ones - its kinda fair since that's the initial devs intentions.
    .. and I see now why +12josds arcanes was sooo fk op when purify got released .... so pity..
    and don't get me wrong I have boundless purify weapon too... (why.. why OP didn't do those tests earlyer :D )
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    tbh the only solution for me is to change-nerf limitless proc with the same as boundless ones - its kinda fair since that's the initial devs intentions.
    .. and I see now why +12josds arcanes was sooo fk op when purify got released .... so pity..
    and don't get me wrong I have boundless purify weapon too... (why.. why OP didn't do those tests earlyer :D )

Yap, and I go to those full +12 max gear arcanes on my dusk (not even close to max dmg btw) and oneshot them within 4 seconds. Thats how OP caster are these days. GG.

Arcanes have no chance vs DBs to begin with, taking away purify spell just makes it impossible for arcanes to beat a dusk and no, I am not talking about ubernoob dusks that are flooding all server with max gears. I am talking about actual good duskblades.
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Yap, and I go to those full +12 max gear arcanes on my dusk (not even close to max dmg btw) and oneshot them within 4 seconds. Thats how OP caster are these days. GG.

Arcanes have no chance vs DBs to begin with, taking away purify spell just makes it impossible for arcanes to beat a dusk and no, I am not talking about ubernoob dusks that are flooding all server with max gears. I am talking about actual good duskblades.

Let's not bring the "DBs Are OP" argument to this thread, please. There's a separate thread for that topic, which didn't turn out so well in the end.

About improved Purify Spell. No need to nerf the limitless gear, they should just make the boundless proc the same as limitess R9, at least for our version of PW. If they managed to create an R9 specifically for the international version, they can do that. No need for refunds nor nerfs.

Nerfing the proc on limitless gear not only would be unfair, but also would give any non-arcane class the advantage, as their GoF procs seem to be the same. In any case, and with the purpose of standardization, they should make all procs have the same chance, but again that wouldn't be fair and viable, cause GoF is supposed to have more % than Sacrificial, and also there isn't a lower version of Purifying Spell.
    Post edited by ironpwner on
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    Ok... I know I'm late to the party but let me get this straight...

I just FINALLY got my Boundless Weap, refined it, sharded, everything to make it look awesome. Aaaand without any kind of direct visual warning... Purify Spell from the Limitless (R9rrr) was better than the Boundless ultra-expensive version ? Come the **** on.
    We can't even Farm the Boundless like they do in CN by just doing NWs...

Now, why can't they put the same %proc from this "Purify 2" our r9 version has in our Boundless ? I mean seriously, that weapon wasn't cheap at all and with all this Paralyze in-game from multiple-classes, Purify Spell wasn't already such a problem if you can't even move. That's the whole point of Paralyze existing in the game, in order to control Purify Spell.
    Having a reduced version of it that doesn't even help you with all other Non-Paralyze things, is just bad news for any AA character, even future Purify Spell-users.

So seriously, be it Refund / Old Weap with Max Stats + Refine/Shard Kit / putting the same Purify 2 on the Boundless / whatever the solution they wanna use but something NEEDS to be done in this case.
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    @orinj Look at Asterelle's response. The code needs to be fixed.

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    They're not going to change the Boundless proc rate since that is the same weapon they use in PWCN and they are not going to change the balance of the gear over there to accommodate us. Our superior purify spell never existed in PWCN so they don't care about maintaining it.

What happened here was a failure in communication. The proc rates really should be advertised in the addon description.
    ​​
  • eirghan
    (why.. why OP didn't do those tests earlyer :D )
    Ok... I know I'm late to the party but let me get this straight...

I just FINALLY got my Boundless Weap, refined it, sharded, everything to make it look awesome. Aaaand without any kind of direct visual warning... Purify Spell from the Limitless (R9rrr) was better than the Boundless ultra-expensive version ? Come the **** on.
    We can't even Farm the Boundless like they do in CN by just doing NWs...

Feels bad man. I wish I could have gotten the word out sooner. fox-12.gif
    What happened here was a failure in communication. The proc rates really should be advertised in the addon description.

Agree with Aster here. I don't have a solution for what's going on with the procs I just know there are a lot of unhappy people at the moment who spent money under the assumption it would be for an improved weapon and it's not exactly. But while editing the description to include proc rate is a great long-term solution that won't affect the balance here or in China (well, not directly anyway) I hope there can be a solution for the weapons in game that were already created without proper knowledge available...

@orinj if you could respond to this once time and nda allows and let us know if there CAN be something done for people unhappy with their new weapon that would be really appreciated. I'll be submitting a ticket today to support just to follow proper procedure.
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Really glad I quit this game 4 months ago and occasionally log to say hi to friends. Forums is still entertaining though.

From the looks of it, what you guys are saying the Purify spell proc in boundless is much lower and arcanes are getting screwed? Tbh I think China aren't at fault at all and PWI should have translated better and informed people of the risk much like @superfede said. Give up a degree of survivability for damage, or keep your flexibility yeah I would have kept my normal puri spell. Glad I never did cash into that awful weapon.

China really shouldn't have to edit their files or be at blame because the GM or whoever manages this version at PWI don't play the game at all or barely have a concept of the differences in community. Rather PWI should offer people a two week grace period to decide if they want to keep their current boundless weapon or have them delete it and send them a Limitless with orbs, and gems but equal to the amount your boundless currently stands. I.E if your limitless was +12 but current boundless is +10 than you get enough for +10 Litmitless. I believe this keeps the "loss" factor but will be much more appealing to the community if not well next time don't rush and jump the gun sorry folks. The reason I say the two week grace period is so people cant just complain they want to keep flipping their weapons over if it was a one time deal going boundless it should be a one time deal going back so to speak.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dblazen1
    You all are forgetting that the only info PWE can give out is the info they are given by China, which never seems like a whole lot. They are not allowed to touch the files in any way, so they can't inform us about things they don't know themselves.

What china should've done in the past is told PWE **** you and your wishes for ridiculous R9r3 gear and just go with their own version right off the bat, then this entire thing wouldn't be a problem.
    Now that they are doing it, it is a problem and our version ends up paying the price (quite literally considering the cost of this "upgrade").​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• eirghan
    I don't think PWE can be to blame for this one. And saying we can't blame China is kind of strange when they are the one's who created all of these weapons and gave info to PWE. But the game has gone through several hands since that creation. We can probably chalk up most of this to lack of knowledge now and poor communication due to that lack of knowledge.

We can all say "You should've known, it's PWI, bla bla bla" but the fact is no one did know, not even PWE who released the weapon (we assume). Not even the hundreds of people who purchased the weapon before I even decided to wait for a sale. And even people who are suspicious of things need to take chances otherwise there's no progress. Hindsight is 20/20. We all have choices. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    When I said I don't think China isn't totally at fault I meant they to my knowledge don't govern much of our version which is our GMs job is it not? They just give ours the files then PWE translate it and we patch or am I mistaken? Anyway due to the differences in population and amount of R9 characters which from what I'm told is a large difference. It leaves room for error as if assuming the games are the same which how the weapon procs are it's clearly not.

I think they both should have to share the blame because if our GMs were more aware of how this versions community is doing they could clearly say "hey if you allow this version to get boundless you might want to adjust the weapons a bit or hell give us all the information about them so we can completely provide a description of what we are about to push out" it sounds tedious I know but the "I didn't know" is the wrong answer especially when you're dealing with the massive amount of money it cost people who did it without the sale dont you think?

Some of the PWE GMs have no idea how this version is doing. Like once I had an item that auto binded once equipped but didn't have enough strength to equip it but it also has the "cannot sell" icon added to it so it would mean I needed a restat note to get the strength then do it agian to fix my stats. I sent a screenshot to PWI explaining the issue and a screenshot including the item to give them a better picture of the issue including name of item my stats and everything. They told me "Just walk to an NPC and sell it" lmfao GOOD GAME XD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dregenfox
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Like once I had an item that auto binded once equipped but didn't have enough strength to equip it but it also has the "cannot sell" icon added to it so it would mean I needed a restat note to get the strength then do it agian to fix my stats. I sent a screenshot to PWI explaining the issue and a screenshot including the item to give them a better picture of the issue including name of item my stats and everything. They told me "Just walk to an NPC and sell it" lmfao GOOD GAME XD

If you're talking about the gold leveling weapons, they can be exchanged for perfect stones at assistant wang tsai.