Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

Options

Comments

• notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    Options
    superfedee wrote: »
    why the f*ck do you have to come and troll my every goddamn post, i have a +12psychic get the hell out of here, stupid uneducated and annoying kid​​

You don't need to be so mad at a forum user voicing their opinion. Your words are quite inappropriate and we both know you are not asking all of this for a character you only use for buffs.
    Chill. This kind of behaviour will not get you back into Crisis. o:)
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @arspaulina#4310 when you get back do you mind taking the trolls back under their bridge =__= think they got lost
  • writerred
    writerred Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    @arspaulina#4310 when you get back do you mind taking the trolls back under their bridge =__= think they got lost

yup i already dropped a pm to orinj aswell this notanyfox is so annoying it's unbelievable...​​

for this thread. it's obvious you're included when eirghan said "trolls." notany was just repeating what had already been said in that you can see on the saber that it doesnt have the range whereas anyone with a boundless magic weapon didnt know that the purify proc was going to be worse than the limitless weapon. this thread was only about the magic boundless weapons not any other class. for the magic classes what orinj offered is reasonable, but there's no reason why they should do that for any other class' boundless weapon when the stats are clearly stated and the player didnt read it.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    Options
    yup i already dropped a pm to orinj aswell this notanyfox is so annoying it's unbelievable...​​

I don't think I have broken any forum rule in this thread. I just stated my opinion.
    You, on the other hand, started insulting me and circumventing filters.
    Considering that your previous account, @limonazza got forum-banned by Sylen for flaming the forum, you should be grateful to be allowed to post on this one.
    As I said, chill and stay respectful. :)

On topic, I think PWE made a great and generous decision by allowing players to get the limitless weapon back. <3
    Do not be greedy, guys. Do not make demands. It will only discourage PWE from making such generous offers again.
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • bobboberts
    bobboberts Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    So i got some clarification with tickets, it will not be pre-refined however i can't quite tell if they will give us the orbs to refine or if they will come back to it after the fact, all i got was that it will be a weapon with no refine so we can re-roll.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Popcorn :D
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    On topic, I think PWE made a great and generous decision by allowing players to get the limitless weapon back. <3
    Do not be greedy, guys. Do not make demands. It will only discourage PWE from making such generous offers again.
    And still you are a troll tiger-2.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    3-Star Brightmoon Reaper x 1
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/45048

Stone of the Savant x 2
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12637

Refinement + 12

Is what I was offered. Well, I was afraid they wouldnt give back the mats..but oh well, cant be helped. I still need the weap back so I will go for it.

Note that the refinement you get back correlates to the refine you had on your US Weapon.
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    Options
    why is r9r4 weap is bad on pvp ?
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    matthew4 wrote: »
    why is r9r4 weap is bad on pvp ?

It's not bad, they just don't like that it procs purify spell less than our version.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Man, don't make me the bad guy here-for the people messing around in the last few pages (and you know who you are) I'm only giving you one warning. The next time I have to come in here and I get tagged again, I'm going to be jailing a few of you and closing the thread for a day so that everyone can calm down. (Which I'd honestly rather not do). If you weren't being a troll, you have nothing to worry about.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • eirghan
    Options
    sorry monkey-27.gif already been the bad guy but some of it is getting out of hand. monkey-27.gif​​
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If this is not clear yet, say you start from a unrefined r9r3 wep. You spend 1b to get it to +12 (only counting +11 and +12 orbs), then you recast, and spend again 1b to go +12 (mine is only +11 now). So you invested 2b in refines. Now they give you back enough to +12 r9r3 back, so 1b. There you go, you have just lost 1b only from refines.

Heck, let me put it simpler. Say 2 people recasted, both from +12 r9r3. One of them made his r9r4 +12, the other left it unrefined. Would it be fair for both of them to get the previous wep back +12? Or should the first one get 1b for the extra lost refines? :smile:

Also, like peeps already mentioned, it does not cover the approximately 1b fee to make the r9r4 wep in the first place.

So there you are, you just lost 2b going back to something you already had before recasting! imagine that this is enough to max out your chart (aptitude costs are ridiculous after 15).

This actually means you pay another 2bills to get you old wep back, instead of I duno...say taking chart aptitude from 15 to 20?

Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We asked for a fix, and this was what we got. Now we have to ask ourselves, looking at our recent experiences, if we love the game enough to risk losing 2bill+ again when another weapon option becomes available (or whatever the insane upgrade cost ends up being) In the case of g17 5th cast that is double that cost at least to get the weapon and there is no simple return after the fact. Do your homework before you buy and know even having done that research you may still end up getting shafted.

The chances of domino or another PWE rep offering actual data on live stream about weapons is so small I can't even imagine it while wearing glasses. They can't get the correct info straight from PWCN... Can you imagine the outrage if they offered incorrect or inaccurate proc chance data from their own tests and we purchased weapons based off of misinformation that was streamed?

Your best bet is to team up with @asterelle when some of you gets the weapons (I believe 3 or 4 cast has procs so should begin getting a taste of these soon) to perform tests and data mine to see if the 3rd and 4th cast have the same addon numbers as 5th. That way we can get an early glimpse into some of the procs ourselves. Be sure to post your findings in the forum so the community can work together and compile data for more accuracy.

I'm chalking up my loss as a very costly and painful lesson learned. One that I probably wont repeat because frankly spending 2b for nothing on top of how many bil on an alt (after spending how many bil on my main) just hurts too much when there are other games out there. monkey-27.gif don't get me wrong I am super thankful for the work @orinj did for us, going to bat at PWCN and I'm impressed PWE has offered this much because normally we'd get a kick in the pants, but 2 bil is 2 bil, that's hundreds of real life dollars for nothing. Because we had faith in the accuracy of advertisements (strike 1) and assumed our definitions of what is good in game is the same (strike 2). Pretty disappointing. monkey-44.gif
    ​​
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    Options
    That question was already answered by Asterelle, the G17 weapon uses the **** purify proc (2477), Yes Asterelle info is 1000% more trustworthy and accurate than any CN developer, by a massive margin.
    asterelle wrote: »
    orinj wrote: »
    Hi there. We checked with the CN Devs last night, and they provided the following statement: "US and CN are exactly the same."

Was there a miscommunication perhaps? The difference is not between Boundless in the US and Boundless in CN but rather between Limitless (the old third cast of rank 9) and Boundless (our new 4th cast of rank 9 which was originally CN's third cast).

Actually I know how to check this.

The addon ID of our old purify spell in the "Limitless" weapon (our R999) is 2715 (labeled internally as "Purify Spell 2").
    The addon ID of the purify spell in the "Boundless" weapon is 2477 (labeled internall as "Purify Spell").

So they are indeed totally different.

Looking now at the different kinds of weapons this is what I see.

Limitless (Our R9 third cast)
    Purify Spell: 2715
    God of Frenzy: 2275
    Spirit Blackhole: 2279

Boundless (Our R9 fourth cast or CN third cast) / Rank 8 recast / Rank 8 2nd recast
    Purify Spell: 2477
    Spirit Blackhole: 2279

G17 weapons
    Purify Spell: 2477
    Spirit Blackhole: 3239

So the overall finding is that our old R999 (Limitless) had an unusually good purify spell that people got used to and the new G17 / Boundless gear has a worse purify spell. The new G17 spirit blackhole also seems to be different but I cant tell if it will end up being better or worse than other weapons.
    ​​
  • eirghan
    Options
    The purify proc and gof proc was clarified by asterelle. It has been confirmed the purge proc is different but nobody knows how, additionally there are serveral never before seen procs on g17 weapons which all require testing
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    Options
    yea thats the thing, if china purify is 4% i do not dare to imagine how low the other "better" procs are, if we talkig about 1-2% man we all rather stay r9r3, just not worth the cost...

even for support classes 80 def levels, okay, but 4% purify? damn

@asterelle perhaps could you confirm if the spirit blackhole proc is the same for every g17 weapon\weapon stage\class ?
    cause i know already there are several types of spirit blackhole, and the most procing one is the r9r3 bow one, i just wonder what we gonna get...​​

That is different from the purify, we always had purge with 2 different names: Soul Shatter (low proc chance) and Spirit Blackhole (higher proc chance), same with zerk weapons having Sacrificial Strike (lower) and God of Frenzy (higher).
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    AFAIK all spirit blackhole procs are the same ~7%. G17 spirit blackhole seems to be different though. I've heard speculation that G17 spirit blackhole might be an improved version that works with all skills as opposed to normal spirit blackhole which works mostly with just autoattack.​​
  • magiceffect
    Options
    I am actually very curious to see how many arcanes decide to go back to r9r3 wep. The ones who pvp like maniacs (both 1v1 and mass) are the only ones interested, and I assume at least some of them will stay r9r4 and try to adapt their play style. 1v1 pvpers will most likely go back, but when mass pvp comes into play, better positioning alleviates the proc decrease.

Personally, dissapointed as I may be, I will most likely keep the wep unless I get back all the cash I invested in this new wep.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm not sure what to do to be honest. It's not like I stopped playing after we confirmed the Boundless Purify Spell is inferior.

The loss is really big. Then you have to consider the rerolls. If you're unlucky and don't get something decent in a few rolls, then you will end up spending even more money (and time) trying to get stats worth using. I might as well just keep my Boundless then.

I truly appreciate them giving us the option to go back, but it seems like there is no "win" in this situation. There's only loss. The superior Purify Spell sure is nice, but is it really worth it to invest even more just to get it back along with the possibility of getting stuck with stats worse than your original Limitless weapon?
  • magiceffect
    edited August 2016
    Options
    IMHO, no, not worth. I got used to the extra damage and defense. In previous fights vs some tanky oponents, I found myself lacking just a bit of spike damage to finish the job. Some opponents would live and get to kill me, with 2k or less remaining hp. I am talking about wizards with 25k base hp for example.

Of course, my purify did help a lot, but then I was lacking enough muscle to actually kill. So I switched one piece of gear from josd to deity and now I got this wep. I think that if I learn to play smarter (and get a proper genie), I might actually be better off keeping this wep.

In mass pvp I will no longer be able to place myself in a position where more than 2-3 people focus fire on me, but after all, psy are not actually meant to be tanks. I might as well watch my positioning better...

Now dun get me wrong, I am pissed at the proc decrease, and think that psy and in general arcanes need to get some boost not fcked over again in terms of mobility.
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Spirit blackhole pole was the one purge item I tested before asterelle confirmed all spirit blackhole is the same (except g17). Its much higher than 2%.