Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I agree there is a lot of stuff PWE doesn't know about this game and some of the responses from support is just obnoxious, which is why poor orinj has his hands full. Most people don't even want to bother with support now. But I guess everything about who is at fault or to blame or who did what is all speculation.​​
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    Feels bad man. I wish I could have gotten the word out sooner. fox-12.gif

Oh nono, don't feel bad please. I was the one that didn't new anything about this to beggin with, also I cannot check the forum that much (Potato Phone & Laptop), but you did a really great job calling people's attention into this severe issue. So if anything, thank you for rising the voices on this XD.

I mean yeah Purify isn't the same, that can be felt easily but my weapon turned out really great in terms of offensive, which has a Sage Mystic, I really appreciate it <3 .

Still I want a fix with all this tho. Starting to fix and make differences between the 2 Purify Spell descriptions E_E.
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @dregenfox I'm referring to the gear given with the free pills the TT99 ones that were char bound
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @dregenfox I'm referring to the gear given with the free pills the TT99 ones that were char bound

Oh, I probably wasn't around for that then. I thought you were referring to the Royal/Duke weapons.

Then again it's kind of weird that China is that afraid of tiny merch exploits like that and ignore other things that matter 10x more.
  • senordelospalos
    senordelospalos Posts: 3 Arc User
    100% Agreed with Asterelle, they will never change the proc of their version for ours, there is very unlikely for any refund to happen either, I do believe they had not realized our different proc in our custom R9 until now and... they are most likely thinking in nerfing our version proc (I am guessing this though) because they have already expressed their desire to make our version closer to theirs, I don't see any easy way out of this, I am preparing already for the worst /pessimistic /sad.
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    Day 17 since I let PW CM's know about the difference
    Day 10 since I published the info to the forums
    Day 3 since I sent in a ticket and no response

+11 and +12 star orbs are on sale but I think I'm gonna buy a new graphics card instead. I've had my eye on the Nvidia 1070 to play the newer MMOs with. It's really nice. Can't wait for it to arrive tiger-4.gif
    ​​
  • dregenfox
    edited August 2016

+11 and +12 star orbs are on sale but I think I'm gonna buy a new graphics card instead. I've had my eye on the Nvidia 1070 to play the newer MMOs with. It's really nice. Can't wait for it to arrive tiger-4.gif
    ​​

You're still better off with a beefier CPU tbh, unless you're gonna play on 4k or higher I think the 1070 would be overkill for any MMO on the market x.x

I would get the orbs too but why bother when PWI can't even fix their current patch released months ago to include thursday tourneys or X-NW?

I personally wouldn't even be mad if they just said Boundless can't be changed and just leave it at that, since I know it's difficult to convince China to change the game. But thursday tourneys and X-nw is 100% on PWE staff. Leaving a significant portion of a content patch broken months after release is unacceptable.

In end the they won't care, because they make 10x more money on Sochi Packs regardless...gotta hook the newbies before they get endgame and realize everything at endgame is broken.

• arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Expecting them to move on a decision that has huge dollar signs attached to it without making sure (from supporting evidence and what China will say in response to it) and with keeping it fair for everyone is not a fix-quick situation and I would be very, very concerned if they did. At some point down the line, even if they resolve it in the way a percentage of people want it to, you'll still get the "I don't go on the forums and I didn't hear about it and that's not fair" crowd. (If they move to say, replace everyone's weapon that DOES want it replaced with proper refinements etc). You'll then get people who will get grump in the future if, for some reason, Boundless DOES get fixed and then want a free switch back.

And regardless, even if they fix it the way people want and those affected get exactly what they want, there will still be people who complain that "they weren't quick enough, we expect them to do x, they will never get anything right". For every one or two things that are done right, a handful of things go wrong and all of a sudden, its burn everything to the ground. This going to be messy no matter how you look at it, and there are people who will be mad even after the fact. I wouldn't start getting concerned about a "no resolution" scenario until at LEAST 1-1.5 months has passed from the date this thread was made.

EDIT : again, not like I like spamming it but I can always try one more time for you guys and see if the summoning works (lol) @orinj @thenamesdomino have you got any updates for us at all on this that you can give? Even if you haven't come to a solid resolution yet for all parties, any word back would be greatly appreciated!
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    You'll then get people who will get grump in the future if, for some reason, Boundless DOES get fixed and then want a free switch back.

Its far more likely they change our custom puri into what boundless and r8r has than changing boundless rates. Boundless rates are as intended, if anything limitless rates arent. Every caster should think how broken our puri was/is if Wanmei came out with para to counter their boundless rates of puri, which is a joke compared to our limitless.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    dregenfox wrote: »

You're still better off with a beefier CPU tbh, unless you're gonna play on 4k or higher I think the 1070 would be overkill for any MMO on the market x.x
    I have an i7 4790 tiger-3.gif It's really only overkill for games with graphics as old as this, or like, minecraft. It's very nice for more modern games with great graphics. Mine went kaput so may as well.
    Expecting them to move on a decision that has huge dollar signs attached to it without making sure (from supporting evidence and what China will say in response to it) and with keeping it fair for everyone is not a fix-quick situation and I would be very, very concerned if they did.

I think you're taking my post a bit differently than it was intended. It's not a threat of "Oh you didnt answer me fast enough therefore I take my money elsewhere". It's more a statement that I've invested into this game and depending on the outcome my opinion of how valuable it is to invest more into it could change greatly.

Rather than the "bump" which might get deleted, I figured I'd just write a bit about what I was thinking of this morning, which was along the lines of "There are orbs I was actually waiting to buy... But I can't really justify buying anything right now until there is more info."

Actually I'm not that worried yet. I haven't gotten a "we're looking into it when we have time for now this ticket is closed" answer on my ticket yet, so thats a good sign tiger-42.gif just means I probably will miss out on this sale ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ​​
  • arspaulina#4310
    Heh, if I come off super forceful it's hard to tell in text, so apologies in advance. Since this is an important issue you have no fears of it getting dumped mysteriously or anything of the sort if you bump it up. I'm pretty curious about the outcome myself. And I'm glad you got an answer though, even though its not a "hey look we did a thing!" (since I believe the max window should be 6 days iirc before that starts looking super troubling and/or you can pretty much poke them again.)

I mean I know alot of people wanted this sale to come along (myself included ha!) but hey, never say never. Maybe they'll do another one in the future, who knows. I have to speed off from work though otherwise I'd post more.
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    Wait, what is all this discussion about Nerfing our Purify Spell?, are they seriously considering Nerfing our only means of surviving perma stun locks? They are not Nerfing those OP sins and DB, but all Arcanes are getting shafted instead? This game is a joke ROFL.
  • dregenfox
    samasalao wrote: »
    Wait, what is all this discussion about Nerfing our Purify Spell?, are they seriously considering Nerfing our only means of surviving perma stun locks? They are not Nerfing those OP sins and DB, but all Arcanes are getting shafted instead? This game is a joke ROFL.

To be honest purify spell really isn't that useful anymore except against sins, but they have enough tools to not even care about the proc. I've popped a vacuity pot in pvp before and still been cc'ed for the entire duration of it...probably why the g17 procs are being changed to invincibility.

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    Every caster should think how broken our puri was/is if Wanmei came out with para to counter their boundless rates of puri, which is a joke compared to our limitless.
    And everyone should think how nerfed casters are since even with that totaly broken limitless they don't shine against lately improved and enhanced physical DD tiger-2.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • arspaulina#4310
    samasalao wrote: »

Ohhh nonono, whoops that's not what I think was being meant-I think that part at least was being thrown around as a cruel joke (Nerfing purify in the sense of making everything standardized by turning our Rank 9 into the same proc rate, at least). Let's not start giving anyone any ideas though O_O'.

No, the root of this thread is about how going from US R9 to China R9 is a nerf in the sense that the proc rate between US and CN has a noticeable difference and how to go about seeking (if possible) a solution that benefits all parties involved.
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Honestly the best solution of this dilemma is to simply change the R9r4 Proc rate to match the original Limitless Weapon (R9r3), then at least R9r4 will be an "upgrade" with the extra damage it provides......If the R9r3 proc rate was altered for PWI to make it consistent with our version in the first place then I don't see why this would be a problem at all... :/
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    hawke1000 wrote: »
    Honestly the best solution of this dilemma is to simply change the R9r4 Proc rate to match the original Limitless Weapon (R9r3), then at least R9r4 will be an "upgrade" with the extra damage it provides......If the R9r3 proc rate was altered for PWI to make it consistent with our version in the first place then I don't see why this would be a problem at all... :/

Ooh I would really love to see this happening, but since I'm a Pessimist/Realistic mixed up attempt of a person I seriously doubt we get to see something like this :x. I mean, -Our- R9r4 version is the same R9r3 in CN.
    Now... Why not just upgrade the Purify Proc from it ? I don't even know which excuse they might find but I feel they'll end up saying something like: It'll be because they have way more people than we do and alot less geared, meaning that those having Purify Spell could tank a bunch of undergeared players like if they were Primal Mobs, having a never-ending Purifying-chain ?

This happens when we get different updates compared to CN. But let's pray to whoever deity that something gets done with this :x.
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • jasgar
    jasgar Posts: 25 Arc User
    Just some more numbers to back up this thread. Larger sample size of 1000 attacks:

R9S3: Limitless
    Procs /# of attacks
    18/ 100
    16/ 100
    12/ 100
    15/ 100
    11/ 100
    13/ 100
    15/ 100
    13/ 100
    14/ 100
    13/ 100
    Total: 140/ 1000
    Avg Proc: 14.00%

R9S4: Boundless
    Procs /# of attacks
    10/ 100
    5/ 100
    5/ 100
    5/ 100
    4/ 100
    6/ 100
    6/ 100
    6/ 100
    10/ 100
    5/ 100
    Total: 62/ 1000
    Avg Proc: 6.20%

It appears the Boundless proc rate for Purify spell is less than HALF the rate of Limitless.
    Jasriana- 105/105/105 Mystic (Etherblade)
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

You're really not going to get a lot of gain off the GPU in MMO's, they tend to use **** engines.
    If you're actually playing "normal" games, then it's fine, but for MMO's I wouldn't go for an expensive GPU like that.
    jasgar wrote: »
    Just some more numbers to back up this thread. Larger sample size of 1000 attacks:

R9S3: Limitless
    Procs /# of attacks
    18/ 100
    16/ 100
    12/ 100
    15/ 100
    11/ 100
    13/ 100
    15/ 100
    13/ 100
    14/ 100
    13/ 100
    Total: 140/ 1000
    Avg Proc: 14.00%

R9S4: Boundless
    Procs /# of attacks
    10/ 100
    5/ 100
    5/ 100
    5/ 100
    4/ 100
    6/ 100
    6/ 100
    6/ 100
    10/ 100
    5/ 100
    Total: 62/ 1000
    Avg Proc: 6.20%

It appears the Boundless proc rate for Purify spell is less than HALF the rate of Limitless.

Just read asterelle's post, there's not really any testing needed, he already posted the proof needed.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• eirghan
    @dblazen id post all the games i play but thats not allowed x) people just need to trust that i know how to spend my own money.
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    I've had my eye on the Nvidia 1070 to play the newer MMOs with. It's really nice. Can't wait for it to arrive tiger-4.gif​​

High five for the GTX 1070 with it you can play ANY game on ultra high settings, I am still undecided between the 1070 or wait for AMD vega, or even wait for the GTX 1080 ti (not gonna pay 12 hundreds for a the new titan!).

Oh yea and about this BS of unbalanced game, how comes the Arcanes have a nerfed purify but I don't see a nerfed god of frenzy on melees boundless? Play fair please is not like there are not so many ways to circumvent Purify Spell but none to prevent critical/god of frenzy from activating both on consecutive hits. BS unbalanced game.

• hawke1000
    I cannot stress more on how important this is, we MUST get the original purify proc on the R9r4, in NW I take 50 hits w/o any proc and this is seriously insane, its like paralyze doesn't even matter since regular stuns are working perfectly fine now........ x(
  • arspaulina#4310
    Wootles guys, I got an answer! Looks like Orinj has been super busy as of late since he oversees other titles PWE publishes so here's what I was sent. I poked him via his wall-

Ars : US Rank 9 vs CN Rank 9 (And compensation, if any, for players who had made the switch)
    Orinj : We're still looking into this. I can clearly see from both external and internal videos taken, that there is a difference in the proc rate. I will be having a call with the Dev team Monday night to discuss. Thanks for your patience.

• xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    Wootles guys, I got an answer! Looks like Orinj has been super busy as of late since he oversees other titles PWE publishes so here's what I was sent. I poked him via his wall-

Ars : US Rank 9 vs CN Rank 9 (And compensation, if any, for players who had made the switch)
    Orinj : We're still looking into this. I can clearly see from both external and internal videos taken, that there is a difference in the proc rate. I will be having a call with the Dev team Monday night to discuss. Thanks for your patience.

Hopefully he can respond to us after he speaks with the other Devs.

• hawke1000

Yes please and THANK YOU! I would really really urge them to change the proc rate on the boundless weapon because honestly going back to the R9r3 weapon will just feel bad too.....being back to square 1 after so many "upgrades" XD Thanks again! :blush:
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Yes please and THANK YOU! I would really really urge them to change the proc rate on the boundless weapon because honestly going back to the R9r3 weapon will just feel bad too.....being back to square 1 after so many "upgrades" XD Thanks again! :blush:

Let's just hope their solution is not, "hmmmm, let's make r9 3rd cast have the same rate as boundless, problem solved" 3IpX4V5.png​​
  • hawke1000
    edited August 2016
    jabq wrote: »

Let's just hope their solution is not, "hmmmm, let's make r9 3rd cast have the same rate as boundless, problem solved" 3IpX4V5.png​​

LOLL! Word. XDDD

Lets hope for the best! I believe in @orinj <3:3

~ Ruby_Inferno