Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

Comments

• zuiba
    zuiba Posts: 22 Arc User
    orinj wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Only the original weapon + refinements + shards will be returned. Any upgrade materials post conversion are not covered in this service.

Additionally, we don't have the ability to pick and choose the specific weapon stats, so it will be a bit randomized.

This item restoration is not compensation but merely a 'good will' service we are providing. Just giving you an opportunity/option to get the US version of the weapon back.

Also, anyone attempting to exploit this service will have their requests denied. Only those of you who converted your weapons prior to 08/16/16 will be eligible.

Thanks

- Orinj

So there's a chance that if we make use of this 'good will" service that we get back a +12 fully refined and sharded limitless weapon with really crappy stats? Understandable but...I personally view it as doing an exchange at a store for lesser value and no option for equal value(or at least close to it). "You can exchange that expensive dress you bought for another one of lesser value and it might have manufacturing defects." Rerolling a +12 weapon is not a viable option either...
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    And why Made back on R9rr? Who Made R9r4 know stat what is got Or will the new States later in R9r4?
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    zuiba wrote: »
    So there's a chance that if we make use of this 'good will" service that we get back a +12 fully refined and sharded limitless weapon with really crappy stats?
    I think they give you weap, orbs and shards, Thus, you reroll till you are satisfied, then refine it and enjoy.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • zuiba
    edited August 2016
    shade13 wrote: »
    zuiba wrote: »
    So there's a chance that if we make use of this 'good will" service that we get back a +12 fully refined and sharded limitless weapon with really crappy stats?
    I think they give you weap, orbs and shards, Thus, you reroll till you satisfied, then refine it and enjoy.​​

That makes more sense. The way i understood it at first is that they give it to you already refined...

It would be nice if they could give exact details on what to expect though...If what you say is how they would do it, then i would probably make use of this service...otherwise it's a bit...meh
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Hi guys,

Only the original weapon + refinements + shards will be returned. Any upgrade materials post conversion are not covered in this service.

Additionally, we don't have the ability to pick and choose the specific weapon stats, so it will be a bit randomized.

This item restoration is not compensation but merely a 'good will' service we are providing. Just giving you an opportunity/option to get the US version of the weapon back.

Also, anyone attempting to exploit this service will have their requests denied. Only those of you who converted your weapons prior to 08/16/16 will be eligible.

Thanks

- Orinj

Sorry for bothering you but I have to be sure:

You said that: Any upgrade materials post conversion are not covered in this service. Does that mean that we get out original refine (via orbs are already done on the weapon?) back + the upgrade-Mats (so 500 Adamantine Powders + 100 Orichalcum Ingots) + the shards we had before upgrading?

I urge you to tell the CS-Team that they give out orbs, please. Do not let them send out pre-refined weapons. Reason is that you cannot reroll the weapon when its already refined (you can but you need to pay a rediculous high amount on the fee to keep refines, etc.).
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks

- Orinj

Sorry for bothering you but I have to be sure:

You said that: Any upgrade materials post conversion are not covered in this service. Does that mean that we get out original refine (via orbs are already done on the weapon?) back + the upgrade-Mats (so 500 Adamantine Powders + 100 Orichalcum Ingots) + the shards we had before upgrading?

I urge you to tell the CS-Team that they give out orbs, please. Do not let them send out pre-refined weapons. Reason is that you cannot reroll the weapon when its already refined (you can but you need to pay a rediculous high amount on the fee to keep refines, etc.).

Honestly Asterelle's post about the 12 flame orbs has me extremely paranoid about this, because if there's a way for PWI to somehow mess it up, there's a good chance it will happen.

They've given out free CoM, nuema portal sets, +10 orbs, experience, rebirths, and d.orb flames, all unintentionally.

What's next?

• jsxshadow
    edited August 2016
    @dregenfox true. but it would be unfair to just let down every legit user just because PWE is being paranoid.

Also..and thats pretty much the important part..if those stats really are random then I hope that they will give out at least enough mats to reroll the weapon a few times (f.e. 200 basic badges and 10 essence of offense and 2 big notes.) Last time I needed 27x tries to get my weap to 22 attack lvl and 7 channeling...27!!! oh dear god...you also cannot just drop in some cash and buy the mats. you have to farm it and if you are unlucky like me that could take several hours on end lol. Lifetime I never get back. I been there, done that and I dont feel like doing it again..at least not on that char.

They can give out exactly the orbs needed. idm. they can also be bound. I also dont mind. all the 12 orbs upto +12.
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    Don't provide 'good will' service for non-arcane classes because they are didn't f//ed up.
  • ohaiidar
    ohaiidar Posts: 4 Arc User
    superfedee wrote: »
    @orinj just give out bound orbs that refine only bound items,

but dont deliver pre-refined weapons else it's gonna be **** expensive to reroll them to achieve max stats...

actually since you can't deliver properly rerolled weapon, you should add to the bundle like 2k badges and idk 200 essences?
    so we can reroll on our own​​

Lmao 200 essences? that's easy 500-600 million in game coin.

In the post it was stated Boundless isn't as strong as Limitless - people still went ahead and made it. It's their own fault.
    @orinj is being nice enough to let you people get your old weapons back, but you want more and more.

"Please let us have our old weapon back" OK, he agrees.
    "OK GIVE US THIS AND THAT NOW"
    Really? :D
  • jsxshadow
    edited August 2016
    @ohaiidar Not quite.

Even I stated that limitless is still better, yes, for certain classes depending on how good their limitless roll was. Take BM for example..if you already had like 24/25 att lvl and 6% crit than it wouldnt have been worth it to upgrade since you lose the crit on boundless.

Please guys, dont just comment out of a whim when you actually dont know what its about. The only group wanting/deserving of any sort of compensation are solely arcanes due to boundless' gimped purify spell proc. No other group is being talked about in this thread. Please remember that.

Also, PWE stated that the new boundless gear is more orianted towards pvp which is a blatant lie considering what kind of impact purify spell has on PvP. Even a minimum stat limitless has more benefits in PvP due to the proc chance alone compared to the boundless version. This is what people have to understand!

Also, this has nothing to do with being "nice enough" since we are talking about approx 3b coins that the majority of people have used to "upgrade" and to refine the weapon again, expecting to be happy with what we got is a little bit unfair, wouldnt you say? Also, from a PR-PoV thats a total desaster. You literally cannot listen to any Info coming from PWE/PWCN whatsoever. You just cant rely on the accuracy.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    ohaiidar wrote: »
    @orinj just give out bound orbs that refine only bound items,

but dont deliver pre-refined weapons else it's gonna be **** expensive to reroll them to achieve max stats...

actually since you can't deliver properly rerolled weapon, you should add to the bundle like 2k badges and idk 200 essences?
    so we can reroll on our own​​

Lmao 200 essences? that's easy 500-600 million in game coin.

In the post it was stated Boundless isn't as strong as Limitless - people still went ahead and made it. It's their own fault.
    @orinj is being nice enough to let you people get your old weapons back, but you want more and more.

"Please let us have our old weapon back" OK, he agrees.
    "OK GIVE US THIS AND THAT NOW"
    Really? :D

you are funny, considering we lost 1,5 -2,0 bil regardless on this.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    fish-5.gif I'm so excited fish-5.gifWhere do I send the vegan wine to @orinj fish-27.gif​​
  • shade13
    g2g#3372 wrote: »
    it would be nice if we could get some information on the G17 weapons' proc chances somehow
    Already known it's same ~6%.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • zuiba
    Has anyone used the service yet? If so, please let us know exactly what you get when you get it. Someone answered with a guess but I need confirmation as this would be a very big decision for me considering I already have my boundless at +12 with Icebournes.
  • jsxshadow
    I issued a ticket 3 days ago and only received the notice that it has been escalated to a higher level.

If I get any news I will post them here.

Also, and I recommend that for anyone, ask them to notify you what they will ultimately send out. This way you habe the option to decide if you wanna go with it or rather stay with the boundless weapon. Could happen if they dont include Orbs to refine, the boundless recast mats + fee or ofc some reroll mats for the limitless weapon. Anyone has to decide for themselves if its worth it under the circumstances they are going to present to us.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    It feels weird being one 9f the few ppl who rather keep the boundless version over the l8mitless, I mean puri was already near worthless in pvp, might as well trade it our for the generous spike in damage.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • shade13
    edited August 2016
    Also, and I recommend that for anyone, ask them to notify you what they will ultimately send out. This way you habe the option to decide if you wanna go with it or rather stay with the boundless weapon. Could happen if they dont include Orbs to refine, the boundless recast mats + fee or ofc some reroll mats for the limitless weapon. Anyone has to decide for themselves if its worth it under the circumstances they are going to present to us.
    Wait, didn't they say it pretty clear that they are giving only weap with random stats, refines and shards? There was nothing about recast mats, you are supposed to lose them if you agree for the deal. Or do i miss something?
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jsxshadow
    @shade13 No, @orinj only said that anything POST the upgrade would be lost. As you need the mats before the upgrade they should obviously be inclueded. Ofc they should. Just losing over a billion coins just like that would be ultraunfair since we would have just burned it for nothing. We already lose out on the weapon we had before and give into randomness + we lose the current refine on the boundless...thats enough to lose if you ask me.
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    @shade13 No, @orinj only said that anything POST the upgrade would be lost. As you need the mats before the upgrade they should obviously be inclueded. Ofc they should. Just losing over a billion coins just like that would be ultraunfair since we would have just burned it for nothing. We already lose out on the weapon we had before and give into randomness + we lose the current refine on the boundless...thats enough to lose if you ask me.

Good luck with that, but his words were "Only the original weapon + refinements + shards will be returned." even if I agree it seems unfair for those affected...
  • shade13
    Joe, it's not that obvious to me o.o I'd say vice versa. Orinj said what items he was going to return, nothing about mats. I agree it's ultraunfair, but you'd better clarify this before ticketing.

Sg4FlzA.png
  • eirghan
    Likely no one will know exactly until maintenance (if they perform the services this maintenance) i asked them to let me know before proceeding if they can't return a part of my request, but ive submitted to exchange and ill let you guys know how it goes as soon as anything happens.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    If they had to reroll everyone's weapon during maint no one would get their stuff, no joke. He can't answer to the validity of someone rolling x amount of times unless someone made a vid, and they'll already be giving out the materials to get your weapon back to its original state, barring rerolls. As I understand it, the weapons will not come pre refined or sharded-you will have to do that yourself. (But you will be provided with said items). Because how can they confirm how many rerolls someone did? And if you then give people a base amount of money/mats you'll STILL get people going "well I spent way more than that in rerolls thats not fair" "oh well I got these rerolls and I didn't get my weapon back to its original state".

When you do ticket in for your service -and I seriously cant stress this enough - leave enough bag slots or you're gonna be stuck waiting until the next maint to get your stuff.

Also, I have been on vacation (as I had mentioned last week somewhere lol) so I'm just now catching up. I guess I'll just use my boundless mats I've been saving for a melee alt and then continuing to farm my G17 weapon for my main. The only class that really got shafted was arcanes, because aside from a few outliers, I dont see any of the melee classes complaining on here.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    If they had to reroll everyone's weapon during maint no one would get their stuff, no joke. He can't answer to the validity of someone rolling x amount of times unless someone made a vid, and they'll already be giving out the materials to get your weapon back to its original state, barring rerolls. As I understand it, the weapons will not come pre refined or sharded-you will have to do that yourself. (But you will be provided with said items). Because how can they confirm how many rerolls someone did? And if you then give people a base amount of money/mats you'll STILL get people going "well I spent way more than that in rerolls thats not fair" "oh well I got these rerolls and I didn't get my weapon back to its original state".

When you do ticket in for your service -and I seriously cant stress this enough - leave enough bag slots or you're gonna be stuck waiting until the next maint to get your stuff.

Also, I have been on vacation (as I had mentioned last week somewhere lol) so I'm just now catching up. I guess I'll just use my boundless mats I've been saving for a melee alt and then continuing to farm my G17 weapon for my main. The only class that really got shafted was arcanes, because aside from a few outliers, I dont see any of the melee classes complaining on here.

Be careful with g17. The proc rates for Purify Spell (and most likely all other defensive procs will be the same) are very low as well. For more dmg its an awesome oppurtunity..but only if you get the max recast-stage.

Melee Boundless is better than limitless across the board.

I can't stress enough the fact that Boundless was announced to be better in PvP...and no matter how you turn and flip it..it is not for Arcanes. Purify Spells impact in the majority of PvP-Activities outmatches the additional stats by so much that I would easily say that even a minimum stat limitless is more effective for PvP compared to a boundless weapon. That is the truth. Hence it would not only be ultra-unfair to not give us the mats back so we might use it on another char or at least resell them to get some money back that we have obviously lost due to misinformation from PWE's side but it would also be very bold of them for said reasons. That's not how you treat customers. In any other department of business...when you file a complaint about something not being the way it was advertised you are not only getting a FULL REFUND, no. Sometimes you'll even get compensation for the effort you had/the time you lost.

So the least would be Limitless + Orbs + Shards + Recast Mats (for the limitless to boundless recast) + the fee (90m). With this we already have to farm rerolls on the limitless again, having to invest an undefined number of hours to get it to a decent state again AND we lose the refine/Sharding we currently have on the Boundless. Isn't that enough to lose? In all seriousness. That is enough by far. (+12 + sharding also is over 1b coins for your information which is around 220 bucks just at that.) Thank you.
  • eirghan
    That's not how you treat customers. In any other department of business...when you file a complaint about something not being the way it was advertised you are not only getting a FULL REFUND, no. Sometimes you'll even get compensation for the effort you had/the time you lost.

So the least would be Limitless + Orbs + Shards + Recast Mats (for the limitless to boundless recast) + the fee (90m). With this we already have to farm rerolls on the limitless again, having to invest an undefined number of hours to get it to a decent state again AND we lose the refine/Sharding we currently have on the Boundless. Isn't that enough to lose? In all seriousness. That is enough by far. (+12 + sharding also is over 1b coins for your information which is around 220 bucks just at that.) Thank you.

Sadly, that's not how PWE has ever worked and it's understandable to an extent. Like others have mentioned, we have people supposedly hopping on the bandwagon trying to find a way to exploit this to their advantage. That is the sad truth. People who would try to exploit PWE's generosity in this situation (where PWE might feel the need to make it up to their customers for a grievous error) make it so PWE can't, or they do so at risk of... well, health of their image, health of the in game market, health of their income etc.

It will be like that in almost all games but the exceptionally well managed. Exploiters will always make it difficult or in some cases make it totally impossible for the average customer to get adequate reimbursement for a company's mistake.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not saying you shouldn't ask for it, but chances are pretty slim that PWI will start throwing coins at us.
    ​​
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Be careful with g17. The proc rates for Purify Spell (and most likely all other defensive procs will be the same) are very low as well. For more dmg its an awesome oppurtunity..but only if you get the max recast-stage.

Melee Boundless is better than limitless across the board.

I can't stress enough the fact that Boundless was announced to be better in PvP...and no matter how you turn and flip it..it is not for Arcanes. Purify Spells impact in the majority of PvP-Activities outmatches the additional stats by so much that I would easily say that even a minimum stat limitless is more effective for PvP compared to a boundless weapon. That is the truth. Hence it would not only be ultra-unfair to not give us the mats back so we might use it on another char or at least resell them to get some money back that we have obviously lost due to misinformation from PWE's side but it would also be very bold of them for said reasons. That's not how you treat customers. In any other department of business...when you file a complaint about something not being the way it was advertised you are not only getting a FULL REFUND, no. Sometimes you'll even get compensation for the effort you had/the time you lost.

Giving 90m coins to all those who got the boundless weapon would go in the opposite way of the coin sink the devs tried to put in place with the homestead update. It's not in PWE interest to provide free orbs and shards because if they don't provide them, they players will buy them anyway. PWE is already nice enough to offer a way back to the limitless weapon for those players who heavily rely on the purify proc and can't accomplish much without it. The least those players can do to thank PWE is pay for the refines and shards again. :)
    just give out everything bound whats the matter lol

@cosmosia1989 is hell right, who could afford boundless most likely was coming from a +12 r9r3, then spent money and gold for r9r4, went +12 r9r4

and now for absolutely free you go back to r9r3+12 ??????????????????????

i am sorry but that is not goddamn fair lol.

5-600ish gold in boundless mats, + 90mil coins fee, + +12 refinement (more 300ish gold), + shards, + basic badges, + essence of offences, + XXmil coins to reroll the weapon, +lot of time to farm badges, are missing the roll-call

@orinj if you are not too familiar with PWI currency, just the 900 gold are 900$, lost, cause these weapons were advertised as better PvP-oriented, instead those are a total disaster and a downgrade for PvP.
    maybe for the merchs 900 gold ain't sh.it but for who can only afford to cash this kind of gold in, that's a conspicuous amount of dollars just plain lost.​​

Someone who purposely got the r9s4 saber has no room for demands. The stats written on the weapon are accurate and it is not PWE's fault if one can't realize the gimp of losing +2 range.
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »

Sadly, that's not how PWE has ever worked and it's understandable to an extent. Like others have mentioned, we have people supposedly hopping on the bandwagon trying to find a way to exploit this to their advantage. That is the sad truth. People who would try to exploit PWE's generosity in this situation (where PWE might feel the need to make it up to their customers for a grievous error) make it so PWE can't, or they do so at risk of... well, health of their image, health of the in game market, health of their income etc.

It will be like that in almost all games but the exceptionally well managed. Exploiters will always make it difficult or in some cases make it totally impossible for the average customer to get adequate reimbursement for a company's mistake.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not saying you shouldn't ask for it, but chances are pretty slim that PWI will start throwing coins at us.
    ​​

I just hope they dont give a stack of 12* orbs or I will admit its pretty damn tempting to exploit that. From experience they have tendency to do just that though, which really got me worried as it would be pretty ridiculous deal for anybody who is still short a reasonable amount of +12s on their gear as you can easily save plenty of those 12 orbs in refining the weapon.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    Just an update got a response from my ticket clarifying they will be providing my icebourne shards, my old weapon and refinement to +10. I am waiting for confirmation that the refinement will be provided in the form of items before going ahead since a terrible roll will put me worse than where I started...

I just did the math on the coins i lost from this whole ordeal and I'm terribly sad to say I could have bought my veno her own emperor if I was reimbursed everything I spent.... monkey-31.gif Will let you guys know what exactly I am given once I get it

Ps @orinj i wouldnt tell a soul if a bound emperor accidentally fell into Anonimity's inventory by way of reconpense for the trouble *shifty eyes*
    ​​
    Post edited by eirghan on