Elysium is coming... Discuss...

Comments

• tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    the answer is simple: they want MONEH. They prob made a couple hundred thousand over the last 2-3 days from sochi packs alone.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • cute9002
    cute9002 Posts: 1 Arc User
    any info wen is the new upgrade yet ?
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    squall20 said:

Sounds like conformation of the R9r4 now but what will this do to the game so many people who worked hard thinking r9r3 was the top of the line and now that is going out the window and we waisted all our time and money ? I think this could cause another large player base drop with people not wanting to start from the bottom again.

This is such a stupid argument. Anyone who thinks that any piece of gear in an MMO will remain top of the line forever needs to have their head examined. It's been YEARS since R9.3 was released. It's more than about time for new gear.

I'm more concerned that this new "upgrade" isn't an upgrade at all and is just a sidegrade to China's equivalent. I've seen no evidence of new gear, only bluster from PWI news, which I put no faith in what-so-ever.

Also, everything I've been hearing about the amount of effort it will take to acquire G17 has turned me completely off. I'm not gonna spend years farming for an incremental upgrade on a game that has lately gone to hell with the new focus on cross server PvP. Personally, I've seen large numbers of friends stop playing over the last couple months. This new content, with the housing, crafting, and the what looks to be an arduous daily dungeon, is seeming more work than play.
  • hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @perrion I would think that it is a good concern that it will be a "sidegrade" or downgrade when speaking of r9r4 but according to what domino says this is a completely different gear than anything China has or probably ever will which would explain why someone couldn't just download Pwcn and ask check the forges for it or something. This will probably be adressed this week since they have already talked about housing and the UP instance. Conserning the time to get g17, this is just an estimate based from the pwcn people's experience and it could be totally different from our version. Hopefully we will get more info soon :smile:

• perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User

Our gear as it stands is different than the version you will find in CN. Our gear that we have now when put side by side is a bit stronger. AND (here's where youll hate me) This gear was designed for PvE. Despite what the popular mentality and though says, one cannot argue with the developers noting in our documentation that is gear is "Supposed to be for PvE"

So what does this mean? Simple short answer, this upgrade is supposed to put the gear in parity with the PvP gear in China. It's still going to be strong as hell, but this is a lateral movement more than anything.

Re-reading this part, particularly the end, pretty much confirms that it is indeed just the Chinese version of our R9.3 and not a true upgrade.

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    1. Our gear that we have now when put side by side is a bit stronger. => pwi pve r9 > cn pvp r9
    2. this upgrade is supposed to put the gear in parity with the PvP gear in China. => pwi pve r9 changed into cn pvp r9.

result:
    pwi players wearing a bit weaker cn r9 gear but is a pvp gear that's still strong as hell, and with a cost.

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    freygin wrote: »
    1. Our gear that we have now when put side by side is a bit stronger. => pwi pve r9 > cn pvp r9
    2. this upgrade is supposed to put the gear in parity with the PvP gear in China. => pwi pve r9 changed into cn pvp r9.

result:
    pwi players wearing a bit weaker cn r9 gear but is a pvp gear that's still strong as hell, and with a cost.

Now the question is, why would anyone want to spend a [REMOVED]ton of money OR time to get weaker gear (complete set comparison).
    Apart from the looks, of course.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    There's 2 classes for which r9r4 (aka. China-r9) might be good for: Cleric and BM. The +300% MP-adds make it literally impossible for any phys. class to get through cleric's Plume Shell and BM can use most of r9r4-pieces for easy 5APS with G17r4 claws. Sounds like a good PVE-farmer. But Kitty can't really imagine r9r4 as viable for any other class.

And even then r9rr-APS barb rolls such r9rrr-APS BM anytime.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    There's 2 classes for which r9r4 (aka. China-r9) might be good for: Cleric and BM. The +300% MP-adds make it literally impossible for any phys. class to get through cleric's Plume Shell and BM can use most of r9r4-pieces for easy 5APS with G17r4 claws. Sounds like a good PVE-farmer. But Kitty can't really imagine r9r4 as viable for any other class.

And even then r9rr-APS barb rolls such r9rrr-APS BM anytime.

But what do you want to APS that you cant APS with normal standart APS gear on BM/barb? And what is actually worth apsing nowadays to even consider this?
    Back in the day when r9r3 was fresh it was very good but now? no.

Even the Chaos Crosser (China r9r3 daggers with 0.1 interval) are not worth it anymore because... there is nothing worth apsing anymore to make it considerable.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    CNr9 is not viable for any class cept for the Belt and Weapon. The Belt is great for pure support/tank classes and the weapon is that much stronger for all classes cept for Psys that its nearly mandatory. The othet gear part (in a set or not) are not worth anything and are more like a bit upgraded NV3.

PS: There is no 300% MP. That is a typo. Its just 300 MP and thus useless.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    I have the piece and it's not 300% mp, it's Hp +300
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    where do you guys get the idea that CN r9r3 is anymore "pvp" focused than ours?

how do you read domino's response and get anything saying that? the whole "pvp-focused" line makes it brutally clear that they are not talking about cn r9. it's going to be an actually uprgade to our custom set of gear..... if you take the time to read all he wrote and pick up on the context. there is nothing "pvp-focused" about the cn r9 that our versions dont have. on top of that i suspect greatly, that the additional stats will be spirit since that is the only pvp-only stat in the game right now.
  • swapneelk
    swapneelk Posts: 45 Arc User

The time has finally come! The PWI Crew is proud to announce the latest expansion to the PWI universe, Elysium. This expansion will open up the world of PWI in ways you couldn’t imagine including the introduction of player housing! Along with player house, we’ll be introducing new instances, PvP tournaments, weapons and more. Launch is not too far off, so keep your eyes on this blog as we reveal more details about our newest expansion over the coming months.

For now, let’s take a quick sneak preview at some of the key features coming in PWI: Elysium:

Homestead

Every adventurer needs a place to call home. We are most pleased to present you to the Homestead System. This will charge high-level players with their very own homestead. This highly-customizable map can be decorated to their liking and be used to craft some of the newest gear in the game.

Uncharted Paradise

This 10-player max level dungeon is not for the weak hearted! This paradise once was a prosperous village until Pan Gu flooded the world. Now, it’s destroyed and divided into seven pieces, each ruled by a powerful Guardian. Team up with friends to complete unique challenges and gather resources integral to crafting the most powerful gear ever seen.

Thursday Night Fights

Every Thursday night players can square off against each other in a no-holds-barred player versus player contest of steel and guts. If you have what it takes and defeat your challengers, you might walk out with a Crown of Madness.

New Weapons and Gear

For the first time in three years, the PWI level of power will skyrocket! Level 17 weapons have arrived allowing you to become even more powerful than ever before!

We hope you enjoyed this small taste of things to come when the gates to Elysium open. Over the course of the next few weeks we will dig deeper into these systems to give you a closer look so stay tuned to the Arc News Page, there are many more surprises in store for you!
    My question is you said New Weapons and Gears does this mean we get g17 Armours as well or just weapons , and if we get G17 armours are they an upgrade of rrr9 or simply free from quest
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Blogs on the weapons and gear will be going tout tomorrow and wednesday
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User

How about the refine / shard thing? Some of us might want to refine or shard their gears atm (Because of Orb sale soon) but if there is new gear comming this might be just money waste if we need to refine and reshard the new gears
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator

Nice. in the next hour I hope.​​
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    heero200 said:

But... but... it's not tomorrow.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Nice. in the next hour I hope.

I bet he's driving around in the Tardis again. Silly Heero.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • dblazen1
    edited April 2016
    *waiting intensifies*
    I'm curious​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• rikkert1234
    rikkert1234 Posts: 39 Arc User
    everyone just sitting here with their list of complaints n QQ already typed out before @thenamesdomino even wrote his post v_v sadlife
  • dblazen1
    edited April 2016
    everyone just sitting here with their list of complaints n QQ already typed out before @thenamesdomino even wrote his post v_v sadlife

Maybe because instead of clarifying, it only caused more confusion. The comments he did write didn't help with anything.
    Considering all the things he said I still have the idea that the "upgrade" is just a sidegrade to china's R9R3. Regardless of what others try to claim, like "but he said it's more pvp oriented". Yes, but he also said that OUR R9R3 is supposedly PVE oriented, while China's R9R3 is PvP oriented.
    Nothing that is shown or said indicates the differ that the upgrade is nothing more than converting our version to china's version.

It might as well be that it's an entirely different weapon/gear, but nothing points in that direction.

Why they wait this long with posting that information WHILE selling pre-order packs you need for said "upgrade" is the main issue here in my opinion.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User

heero200 said:

it is now?
  • dblazen1
    beast21g wrote: »

it is now?

It is but it's like 6am PST, so you'll have to wait another 3-4 hours or so. Since their general habit is to post those things at 9-10am (the last posts about the new expansion were at those times)​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• heerohex#3018
    O dear read that as Today

I read that as Today,("tout") Tomorrow and Wednesday. "tout"

HAHAHA... Nice reply and DOLH! "Domino 1-0 Heero"

I bet he's driving around in the Tardis again. Silly Heero.

Curse you Humans and your time zone changes forgot to set the dam Tardis clock back again. Never mind its a time machine right I can just go back and stop the post or edit it. "Dam why is that event time locked, could this be an important event right here."

Cant wait for this post! Will be keepin my eyes open for this!​​
  • sbwxo1992
    sbwxo1992 Posts: 9 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino do you guys know if there is any plan on making the first tier of rank 9 easier to obtain or more affordable to players.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User

Yup that pre order pack got me... Hmm you guys know what? They're not realesing any info on g17 r9r4, beacuse ppl will quit when they see it. They know it, thats why they're hiding it :/

just dont upgrade if you dont like it :)
  • dblazen1
    edited April 2016
    Almost 9 AM over there, will it be posted at 9 or at 10.
    Lets start a drumroll!

And nothing at 9 AM.
    Guess we're going for the 10 AM slot!
    Or are they stetching this to 12PM instead​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• heerohex#3018
    edited April 2016
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Almost 9 AM over there, will it be posted at 9 or at 10.
    Lets start a drumroll!

And nothing at 9 AM.
    Guess we're going for the 10 AM slot!
    Or are they stetching this to 12PM instead

good job im not keepin time. Need sleep its been a long week already and its only Tuesday...

They normally post around mid morning to afternoon.. ok yer that gives a scope of... all day...​​
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    so instead of the post they trolled the **** out of us and reposted the season 8 winner article........

this is too funny @thenamesdomino its not april 1st anymore!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    so instead of the post they trolled the **** out of us and reposted the season 8 winner article........

this is too funny @thenamesdomino its not april 1st anymore!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Patience, kidz. There's still 7,5 hours left for him to post. But after that...UNLEASH THE RIVER OF RAGE! LET IT FLOOD THE SERVERS!
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT