Elysium is coming... Discuss...

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    numaanali said:

@thenamesdomino @mintsummer We need an answer on the adamantine and orichalcum, what exactly is the upgrade we are getting, we can guess this is chinese r9rr which is a sidegrade but we need confirmation, especially screenshots of the gear you speak of, etc. With the expansion only a few weeks away you guys should be able to provide this info now. Without this info being provided before Elysium goes live, it is at best a farce and at worst a scam from PWE's behalf.

We're currently underway giving out previews for some of the up coming content. Most of the information regarding r9r4 will be available in a blog scheduled to release in the next couple weeks, but to answer your question, the r9r4 is an upgrade to the r9r3 gear. Upgrading to r9r4 will turn it from the current PvE-focused set into the new PvP-focused set, or Making the current Limitless Gear the new Rank 9 Boundless gear.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino @mintsummer We need an answer on the adamantine and orichalcum, what exactly is the upgrade we are getting, we can guess this is chinese r9rr which is a sidegrade but we need confirmation, especially screenshots of the gear you speak of, etc. With the expansion only a few weeks away you guys should be able to provide this info now. Without this info being provided before Elysium goes live, it is at best a farce and at worst a scam from PWE's behalf.

We're currently underway giving out previews for some of the up coming content. Most of the information regarding r9r4 will be available in a blog scheduled to release in the next couple weeks, but to answer your question, the r9r4 is an upgrade to the r9r3 gear. Upgrading to r9r4 will turn it from the current PvE-focused set into the new PvP-focused set, or Making the current Limitless Gear the new Rank 9 Boundless gear.

Are you guys planning to do anything about the Chienkun cost of the upgrade? (Chienkuns are a boutique item that lets you preserve your refinement and socketed gems when upgrading gear). Right now the chienkun cost for this upgrade is high, preserving a +12 refine on the weapon costs 900 chienkun which is over 400 gold during a 50% sale. People have had their Rank 9 third cast gear for years so it is all highly refined, that amount of the chienkun cost is prohibitively expensive for something seen at best as a modest upgrade.

Could you look into either lowering the chienkun cost of the upgrade or having more aggressive chienkun sales? It is worth noting that chienkuns in PWI are around 5 times more expensive than they are in PWCN relative to competitive items (dragon orbs).
    ​​
  • gundameister00
    gundameister00 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2016

numaanali said:

new Rank 9 Boundless gear: Thats like a Stashable R9 or non class restricted o.O​​
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will change the world..........
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2016

numaanali said:

new Rank 9 Boundless gear: Thats like a Stashable R9 or non class restricted o.O​​
    Haha =) Rank gear is a rank gear. So it's just play of words.

Anyway, I agree with Asterelle. We've already lost our refines on our r9 sets. We got that ridiculous "untradeable mold system", which PW CH doesn't have. for 2nd regrade (I personally spend 2 months in fws for collect these damn molds).
    China has other version for it with other way to go... which we plan get now (adamantine and orichalcum) ? mhm.
    So just "only mats price" or at least compensative chienkun price will be essential.

P.S. And our version is "PvE" - oriented ? What? China ones is less offensive then our ones.
    So we get even more stronger in offence ?
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    lol how in hell is r9r3??..we have r9 then r9 with raps and canny=r9r1 then with Ws mold=r9r2...
  • glaesum
    They count basic r9 as "r9r1".
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    but is not..that is the point lol
  • pao13elaiza
    pao13elaiza Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2016

What I would really like to know is, is there really going to be a new rank 9 tier, or are you just confusing it with G17?
    I would very much appreciate an answer to that. Please get your stuff together before annoucing something. R9 doesn't have a 3rd cast yet, only 2nd cast, so do you mean G17 instead of R9?

Also if indeed you do mean r9, then I completelly agree with Asterelle. The cost for keeping refines and shards is already too high.

Edit: And what the hell do you mean by PVE focused and making current Limitless Gear the new R9 Boundless gears. That sentence is just confusing.
  • thenamesdomino
    I indeed mean r9 and Ive mentioned the issue regarding shard and refine prices to our Project Manager.

As far as the classification of the gear goes, I'm relaying the information that I have as it comes from our PM, and QA Lead. Currently as i have been told, the top tier stuff as it exists in the game now is PVE-Oriented or "Limitless". After the expansion you will be able to upgrade it further to be PVP-Oriented or "Boundless".

I was also told to change r9r3 to r9r4 because the r9r3 is in existence already in this version of the game.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    It's just a slight difference in the way the players use the terms.

Rank 9 first stage = R9
    Rank 9 second stage = Rank 9 recast = R9r
    Rank 9 third stage = Rank 9 recast-recast = R9rr (= R999)
    Rank 9 fourth stage = Rank 9 recast recast recast = R9rrr

So maybe you're thinking "Rank 9 revision 4 = R9r4" while players are thinking "Rank 9 recasted 3 times = R9r3"

​​
  • glaesum
    edited March 2016
    Well, if make suggestion we would not get unique characteristics (which PW CH hasn't got), PvP-oriented may be spirit, soulforce.. that's all.
    Some kind passives on armor... it's so "brave" idea)
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    fox-32.gif

So is "R9r4" the Chinese R9rr? or a completely new R9 recast specifically designed and created for PWI? Well, I don't think @thenamesdomino would know unless he's told.

Did Wanmei decide to make a new PWI-only R9 recast that's stronger than these G17 weapons because we can't have a "farmable" weapon be stronger than R9rr weapons?

But what does PvE-oriented R9 and PvP-oriented R9 mean? It is, perhaps, about the way you farm the gear? Our R9rr is farmable through PvE (Warsong for molds, technically Nirvana for Raptures/Uncannies before Nation Wars) and Chinese R9rr is farmable through Nation Wars (and Dragon Conquest?). Is this it?

monkey-9.gif
    ​​
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I honestly do not understand why they call the rank9 gear ''PVE-Oriented'' now.

PVE= Player versus Enviroment
    PVP= Player versus Player

Rank 9 gear, whatever it is normal or a recast has never been considered PVE, even if there are people that use it for PVE only.
    PVE-Oriented is something like morai order gear, EU weapons, that QSM low level sets and all those gears that have slaying and warding level.

examples of PVE Gear:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33521
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33503
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/45814

• tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    @thenamesdomino doesn't understand ;/
    Allow me to clarify the question for an understandable answer:
    Our current gear for top tier is called r9 3rd cast.
    Let us call china r93rd = China r9 for extreme clarity
    Let us call new gear that doesn't exist AKA G17, G17.
    Let us call a 3rd option which probably isn't it, something else.
    So which is it?

Our current r93rd is pvp gear not pve. PVE gear usually has slaying and warding stat (tbh are useless)
    PVP oriented gear tends to have attack and defense levels (which is good for pvp and pve).
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • znightmare18
    znightmare18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    HOOEY
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited March 2016

fox-32.gif

But what does PvE-oriented R9 and PvP-oriented R9 mean? It is, perhaps, about the way you farm the gear? Our R9rr is farmable through PvE (Warsong for molds, technically Nirvana for Raptures/Uncannies before Nation Wars) and Chinese R9rr is farmable through Nation Wars (and Dragon Conquest?). Is this it?

monkey-9.gif

​​

Chinese R9rr is by no means farmable. Playing as a winning nation in Nation Wars will earn like 1000 supply tokens, while the losing side will earn like 800 500 300 respectively, it's just an estimate. Even if assuming you're rewarded 1000 supply tokens or 1 sovereign seals per NW, or 2 per week. One full year will only give like 52 weeks x2 = 104 sovereign seals. That's not even enough to upgrade the ring which needs 117.

In total you'd need this much supply token as listed below, and 1 sovereign seal costs 10m to make.
    - Ring 117 x 1000 st = 117.000 st
    - Belt 117 x1000 st = 117.000 st
    - Armor 4 x 80 x 1000 st = 320.000 st
    - Weapon 578 x 1000 st = 578.000 st
    Total : Sovereign Seal = 1132 , or in st = 1,132,000 supply tokens , plus 11.32 billion coins.

In addition there is still Orihalcum (this mat isn't used in PWI) , it costs 20m to make.
    - Ring 6 x500st = 3000 st
    - Belt 6 x 500st = 3000 st
    - Armor (1 per piece) 4 x 500 st = 2000 st
    - Weapon 36 x 500 st =16000 st
    Total : 24,000 Supply tokens , or 48 orihalcum, plus 960m coins.

GRAND TOTAL of mats and coins :
    - 1132 sovereign seals+48 orihalcum or 1,156,000 Supply Tokens (only 104,000 per year, even this is a generous estimate).
    - 12.28 billion Coins.

ON TOP OF THAT , General Summer's Token isn't sold in Boutique, the only source of this GST is from people doing BH for months just to make 1, and something like zen reward in pwi, and you need 205 GSTs.

That's how hard and time consuming and expensive to make a full r9rr toon on a server that follows pw cn rules. Dunno how the actual situation on pwcn, could be faster there with more population, but still I don't think farmable is the right word.

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    @thenamesdomino can't you, or anyone else at PWE, just post the gear upgrade thing already.
    Just post an example of any R9rr weapon we have now, and what it will upgrade to.

So for example, what will this weapon: Adversity upgrade to?

China's R9rr is named Chaotic Damnation in our files.

Then you will be done with all confusion about that.

From what pwdatabase has, it would seem that it's just a sidegrade to china's R9rr.

Also, lol at our version of R9rr being PvE oriented. What are you people at PWE smoking?​​
    Post edited by dblazen1 on
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    freygin said:

Chinese R9rr is by no means farmable.

I know it isn't. The common endgame gear in PWCN is R8r (or R8rr I suppose since QSM). Our R9 gear isn't exactly farmable in PvE either since we all do NW for raptures/uncannies. If you count base R9 into the mix, we need GST and MOGs from the boutique which aren't PvE. Farming to make coin to buy off other people and that one MOG from TW notwithstanding.

I was just trying to make sense of what Domino said. lol.

• freygin
    edited March 2016

I indeed mean r9 and Ive mentioned the issue regarding shard and refine prices to our Project Manager.

As far as the classification of the gear goes, I'm relaying the information that I have as it comes from our PM, and QA Lead. Currently as i have been told, the top tier stuff as it exists in the game now is PVE-Oriented or "Limitless". After the expansion you will be able to upgrade it further to be PVP-Oriented or "Boundless".

I was also told to change r9r3 to r9r4 because the r9r3 is in existence already in this version of the game.

If R9R4 is indeed Chinese R9.3 , everyone already knew it's not exactly an upgrade, it's more or less the same. Whether one outperforms the other should be tested, but saying it's r9r4 and put high cost to switch to it is a rip off.

What do PVE-Oriented/Limitless and PVP-Oriented/Boundless even mean ??

Google says :

lim·it·less
    ˈlimitləs/
    adjective
    adjective: limitless

without end, limit, or boundary.
    "our resources are not limitless"
    synonyms: boundless, unbounded, unlimited, illimitable; More

bound·less
    ˈboun(d)ləs/
    adjective
    adjective: boundless

unlimited; immense.
    "enthusiasts who devote boundless energy to their hobby"
    synonyms: limitless, unlimited, unbounded, untold, immeasurable, abundant; More
    inexhaustible, endless, infinite, interminable, unfailing, ceaseless, everlasting
    "the pups have boundless energy"
    antonyms: limited

BOUNDLESS is the Synonym of LIMITLESS, and vice versa >_<" , so judging by the logic in your sentence, PVP-Oriented=PVE-Oriented, PWI R9.3 is quite similar to CN R9.3. Which one is R9R4 ? and what's the point, G17 will be in the same expansion, why wastes money for R9R4 ? Is PWI gonna have another exclusive path to upgrade to r9r4 or what ?
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    it seems to me that the most likely explanation is that we are going to get pwi-specific upgrade to our pwi-specific r9 armor (meaning china doesnt have it so there is no way for us to know what it is. yes i know they aid they are trying to align our version to theirs but they really can't do it with r9 gear regardless of what they try). i do not think they are going to sidegrade and rename it r9r4.

looking at the wording he got from a person who can translate chinese to english rather poorly, more pvp focused, i would guess that the additions being added in the recast are going to be in pure pvp stats (spirit instead of attack/defense level, asterelle did mention that the cap for spirit is some really high number starcharts dont currently support reaching).

as for refines, THEY BETTER BE FREE TRANSFERS or im not even going to try and i might as well quit. how many times do i have to be bled to keep refines on one set of gear? on top of monetizing the mats, charging us for refines again is just PURELY PREDATORY!!

I also have a problem with this advance sale @thenamesdomino , i hope the sale is kept live until we actually know what quantity of the items we will need and what the gear stats look like as well as how expensive the mats can be in game currency. this is another example of predatory marketing at its best.

• thenamesdomino
    I get the feeling that everyone is getting worked up and arguing in circles. I've relayed your questions and concerns to the proper channels and have gotten more answers, though to be honest these too will probably be hotly debated as well.

Stats and materials and whatnot for the r9r4 gear will be made available when we release the blog discussing it which should be in the next couple weeks.

We have not yet announced the date for Elysium, and I can't tell you when regardless the NDA is real with this one.

Okay now for the big one. Limitless, Boundless what does this all mean?
    This is all a terminology issue. R9R3 (the current top ranked gear available now) is actually called "Limitless Gear". You may not refer to it as such, nor did you probably care what it's called since popular nomenclature refers to it as either R9R3 or R9S3

The new upgrade to this current iteration is R9R4 or R9S4 since it will be it's 4th revision (their words) This gear is called "Boundless"

This is merely a buzz word for gear much like the G16 gear is Awoken. and Yes I realize that the gear itself says awakened.

So why are we calling it PvE and PvP oriented gear?
    This is the one that makes little sense to me but in doing some digging I understand the answer a bit.

Our gear as it stands is different than the version you will find in CN. Our gear that we have now when put side by side is a bit stronger. AND (here's where youll hate me) This gear was designed for PvE. Despite what the popular mentality and though says, one cannot argue with the developers noting in our documentation that is gear is "Supposed to be for PvE"

So what does this mean? Simple short answer, this upgrade is supposed to put the gear in parity with the PvP gear in China. It's still going to be strong as hell, but this is a lateral movement more than anything.

Hope this helps.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    Can we get a TLDR update on this thread up until this point?tiger-18.gif​​
    Here we go again....
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Here's the reality which people here may not understand when @thenamesdomino talks about our r999 gear being designed for PvE.

In the MMORPG genre there's usually a pretty noticable difference between the asian version and the international itteration. This difference is pretty much always focussed around difficulty, for some reason the games are always dumbed down and made easier for the western audience. I guess its because this genre wants to attract a more casual audience when it comes to the western version, which I guess you can see on PWI, 99% of the people are pretty casual, no one is yelling for more difficult content and the competitiveness in PvP is quite low.

Now my guess is that instead of changing everything in PWI for the western version to make it easier they just went with the lazy approach and just give us extremely easy accessible and overpowered gear for PvE. I guess r999 gear was PWI's way of dumbing down the game for us, which is probably what he means when he says the says was intended for PvE. It was basically the reason they made the gear in the first, now this gear is obviously superior in PvP aswell, no one will argue that
  • freygin
    edited March 2016
    How do I read the probability in this table ? http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/343085Astrolabe.png

If Astral Energy is lv 1 , shouldn't 1 node = 100% and not 53,9 ?

It's from the old thread here http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1201596/astrolab-system-pwi-riptide/p1

-edit-
    wrong thread to post...sorry >< was meant to be posted in aster's sc calc thread. (ignore this)
    Post edited by freygin on
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    @freygin because u have other chance to unlock above 1 node(like 2/3/4..... nodes), so not 100%
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • attackerv
    see new FB trial of Calligraphy "Each squad member must stand on a symbol and mimic the strokes and the order they were made for each symbol."

u needs 1 time for calling the boss. then, when boss is dying , the boss will let all words show up and u have to run again. if fails, boss will full HP again. only 1 guy fails to mimic, no way to pass this trial !!!!

see this video 6:05-10:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuK7PlhICW4

How can the non-chinese ppl can easily mimic the strokes and the order !!!!!!
    As a chinese, i see some words actually are very complicated to non-chinese

CM, can u let developers change the word to alphebet?? ok, i guess you must say it is impossible

So, can u give a guild of those chinese word strokes, especially the order ?

Or i can imagine ppl will fail again and again in this trial in first couple of weeks after expansion release
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • attackerv
    one order rule of chinese word is from up to down, and from left to right. GL :'(
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • freygin
    edited March 2016
    attackerv said:

@freygin because u have other chance to unlock above 1 node(like 2/3/4..... nodes), so not 100%

LOL that's right, silly question now that I understand it, I knew that from left to right was node but for some unknown reason I kept reading the nodes in my head by column from up to bottom and wondered why there was hyphen there. o.O

Now I can see it perfectly. :D thanks.

Sorry guys, seems like I posted in the wrong thread. It was supposed to be posted on Aster's SC calc thread, plz move it there or delete it if any mod see this. tks.

(ignore this post)
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    its funny the devs want to stress that r9 is PVE-focused.....

the PVP stats we currently have were newley introduced what a year ago? so before a year ago everything is said to have been pve-focused because the mobs all had the same stats. spirit is exclusive to pvp basically so the r9s4 is more than likely to either replace att and def levels with spirit, or add spirit on top of the current stats, maybe some soulforce.

im not mad, its really just a matter of semantics.

i am much more worried they are going to bleed us dry for money to keep our shards and refines for this upgrade, i mean if we have to roll stats again, this is going to be a disaster.