Options
1234568»

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Just a mini update. If it gets to the point that you are killing someone continually, non-stop, then we will consider it harassment, PvP server or not. If it's just a few times, or for a short amount, then it's fine.

Ok i HAVE to ask.

1. How can you POSSIBLY prove that a person is killing you continually? Do you have some kind of log that will show you that a person is being killed over and over by the same person?

2. To what extent do you mean "continually, non-stop? Does this take into account if say i am in a PVE server and choose to PVP but i can't go out into a PVP area at all without being killed every time by the same person? Or does this only apply to PVP servers?

3. How would one go about forming a ticket for this kind of issue?

While it is nice to know that it CAN be taken care of if it is harassment, many people don't know how to form proper tickets as I'm sure you are aware and maybe informing people or making a sticky on how to properly form a ticket would help. Either that or maybe you should change the actual form of the ticket so people can fill it in more clearly for the people answering the tickets, seeing as MANY people have stated the people reading and answering the tickets don't seem to be the most intelligent of people at times...no offense.

(Also...i kinda laugh at this because if the person doing the killing in question has put good money into pwi, as many people have come to know, they get preferential treatment and end up getting a slap on the wrist regardless of what they have done.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

1. How can you POSSIBLY prove that a person is killing you continually? Do you have some kind of log that will show you that a person is being killed over and over by the same person?
    In a word, yes. In a few more words, the damage log contains this information

2. To what extent do you mean "continually, non-stop? Does this take into account if say i am in a PVE server and choose to PVP but i can't go out into a PVP area at all without being killed every time by the same person? Or does this only apply to PVP servers?
    It applies, period. The tos states that causing harrassment or distress to other players, or impeding their progress in the game is not allowed. Up to the GM to interpret this in each individual case

3. How would one go about forming a ticket for this kind of issue?
    The same way you make any ticket? State the facts as you understand them, and include as much evidence as you are able

While it is nice to know that it CAN be taken care of if it is harassment, many people don't know how to form proper tickets as I'm sure you are aware and maybe informing people or making a sticky on how to properly form a ticket would help. Either that or maybe you should change the actual form of the ticket so people can fill it in more clearly for the people answering the tickets, seeing as MANY people have stated the people reading and answering the tickets don't seem to be the most intelligent of people at times...no offense.
    There are numerous help threads where information of this kind may be found, http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=896882 for example. Just use the forum search tools to find what you need

(Also...i kinda laugh at this because if the person doing the killing in question has put good money into pwi, as many people have come to know, they get preferential treatment and end up getting a slap on the wrist regardless of what they have done.)
    Not always, they are probably just the most prolific/well known/notorious

Hope that helps b:victory
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hope that helps b:victory

Ok so I must say thanks for some of your answers..but there are still some issues. Firstly, you said that there are many ways to FIND guides on writing a ticket (not that i personally need help with that) but I don't believe you fully understood the point i was making. Many players especially new comers to the forums...if there are any at this point, do not know how to use these functions. We really need a good sticky that just gives a detailed explanation of how to write a proper ticket. I have heard many times that tickets are so ill formed that they get pretty much ignored...not sure if this is entirely true but it wouldn't surprise me with the lack of intelligent of many players.

The other problem is with your response to my last statement....I know from personal and from the experience of MANY other players I have spoken to that sadly there are players on the many servers that get special treatment due to the amount of many they have put into the game or for other various reasons. While this is a free to play game, I find this practice deplorable. This game needs better player management...and no player should be able to get a slap on the wrist for something other players get temp or perma banned for, but sadly i don't see that changing. Would be nice to hear a response from sparkie on my first post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Ok so I must say thanks for some of your answers..but there are still some issues.
    You are most welcome :)

Many players especially new comers to the forums...if there are any at this point, do not know how to use these functions. We really need a good sticky that just gives a detailed explanation of how to write a proper ticket. I have heard many times that tickets are so ill formed that they get pretty much ignored...not sure if this is entirely true but it wouldn't surprise me with the lack of intelligent of many players.
    I understand and agree, up to a point, but there maybe comes a time when you do have this information in easy to find stickies, and people still don't/can't be bothered to read it. Also I think some of this is due to English not being their first language, and finding technical information difficult to translate

The other problem is with your response to my last statement....I know from personal and from the experience of MANY other players I have spoken to that sadly there are players on the many servers that get special treatment due to the amount of many they have put into the game or for other various reasons.
    Do you really know this? Or is this just another rumour/conspiracy theory? I'm not saying it isn't true, I just have never seen any actual evidence of it...

This game needs better player management... ...no player should be able to get a slap on the wrist for something other players get temp or perma banned for
    I think most people would agree on that

Would be nice to hear a response from sparkie on my first post.
    I think you will only get a reiteration of previous statements

Just gotta keep on keeping on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Just gotta keep on keeping on...

Just a quick response now.....sadly yes I know of several such players on the Raging Tide server. Seeing as naming and shaming is against the ToS i won't state any names...but i can assure you they are r9rr and/or have played for quite some time and have even heard from a couple of them myself as to the extent of their preferential treatment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Maybe they are just bull****ing? There seems to be an awful lot of that. Certainly if it were true, it would make me very sad, and considerably less inclined to play
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    so if i kill a guild member from a KOS guild over and over i can possibly now get banned for that? sort of defeats the purpose of a KOS. i thought that meant to prevent the other guild from finishing world bosses-when we did them- and basically trying to force the opposing guild to disband or back off. but now this is going to be illegal?

to me PVP is PVP no rules. people will not be nice to you for being a low level or being under geared. btw this will happen to you irl too. things are not fair and get used to it :)

i pk d longknife 48 times in a row and he never sent a ticket on me.b:chuckle i joke. he 1 shot me
    the good Starr
    edited March 2014
    Options
    so if i kill a guild member from a KOS guild over and over i can possibly now get banned for that? sort of defeats the purpose of a KOS. i thought that meant to prevent the other guild from finishing world bosses-when we did them- and basically trying to force the opposing guild to disband or back off. but now this is going to be illegal?
    If they believe you are harassing them, and the GMs agree, then yes

to me PVP is PVP no rules. people will not be nice to you for being a low level or being under geared. btw this will happen to you irl too. things are not fair and get used to it :)
    There are always rules, in all aspects of life, don't be naive. In many cases, rules are there for the express purpose of protecting people from those with more power, to prevent abuses of one sort or another. To take your argument to its logical conclusion, you could have no cause for complaint if some random person irl walks into your house and shoots you dead. I doubt you would seriously support that.

i pk d longknife 48 times in a row and he never sent a ticket on me.b:chuckle i joke. he 1 shot me
    The only way you would be likely to do that is if you were in a pk spot like silverpool or west arch. I expect if you, or anyone were quest-blocking Long, he would have no trouble getting help from his friends, and there would soon be a mass pvp event. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to do that, sending a ticket being the last resort (or should be) normally, when negotiation fails

Nobody (sensible) would argue that pvp on a pvp server shouldn't permitted, or encouraged. The point is, sometimes it can cross the line into bullying and when that happens it is important that the tos gives the GMs the latitude to take action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

No, it means that now you can pk people without risk to get ban, you know the people that after 2 times you pk them pm and say ''YOU FREAKING MORON GO DIE IN A FIRE, IMMA REPORT YOU FOR QUEST BLOCKING AND YOU WILL GET BAN!!!!'', well now you can tell them to suck it up cause you won't get ban for PK on a PVP server. There's no more that ''3 times'' rule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited March 2014
    Options
    There never was a ''3 times'' rule, that was just something the GMs said at the time they were using as a rule of thumb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sassytoo
    sassytoo Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    So if I understand what I have read above. There is no 3 hit rule in effect. Now for the question, if someone has a KOS on you, you are trying to do a quest, and they kill u X (more than 3 times), you no longer have any recourse but to leave the area and try to come back later?
    When does the Pk action become harrasment or bullying? And how do you report it or just pull up your big boy pants and go on?
    edited July 2014
    Options
    sassytoo wrote: »
    So if I understand what I have read above. There is no 3 hit rule in effect. Now for the question, if someone has a KOS on you, you are trying to do a quest, and they kill u X (more than 3 times), you no longer have any recourse but to leave the area and try to come back later?
    When does the Pk action become harrasment or bullying? And how do you report it or just pull up your big boy pants and go on?

If you are on a PVE server then go in non-PK mode, if you are on a PVP server than you're ****, try to find an other time to do your dailies and if you tried many different times and that really they stalk you I would suggest to:

#1 SS everytime they PK you. (be sure to have the damage log)
    #2 As much as you probably don't want to do it pm the people PKing you and ask POLITELY and NICELY to stop.

Example: Hey *name insert here*, I'm trying to get my quests done and you already PKed me *insert the amount here*, could you please let me finish my quests thank you.

SS the convo, do NOT call them names, do NOT threaten them, cause if you do then they could be the ones getting you ban, so stay nice and polite, ask them to stop, if they continue take SS and then report them and add ALL SS, the ones from the PK before, the ones from you asking them to stop and the ones from them continuing.

Then hope that the GM you got isn't completely **** and will investigate the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sassytoo
    sassytoo Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks for your input
  • SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Just a mini update. If it gets to the point that you are killing someone continually, non-stop, then we will consider it harassment, PvP server or not. If it's just a few times, or for a short amount, then it's fine.

Question on this, I know pvp on this rule is not permitted in cube. But on a similar situation about the npc teleportation of the Sky Own Stronghold. When you get in to the story mode, it's in a pvp area, and there is little you can do to stop being killed. Is that considered a terrain advantage.

I would suggest to the dev to put a 10 m radius no pvp zone there maybe.

What is a terrain advantage ?
  • SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    what your describing is an assassin ...
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Question on this, I know pvp on this rule is not permitted in cube. But on a similar situation about the npc teleportation of the Sky Own Stronghold. When you get in to the story mode, it's in a pvp area, and there is little you can do to stop being killed. Is that considered a terrain advantage.

I would suggest to the dev to put a 10 m radius no pvp zone there maybe.

What is a terrain advantage ?

PVP is permitted in cube, the only exception is the room 1, the other rooms is allowed and even ''needed'' in some rooms (14 & 34 iirc).

So the only exception are the cube room 1 and Secret Passage. The rest is allowed as far as I know.

If you think there's a place in Primal where it's an issue maybe try to send a ticket to let them know, it would be better with a video so they can see exactly the situation and then they would decide if it's allowed or not to PK there.

PWI couldn't change the radius of safe zone in game, but they could make it bannable like in the cube room 1 and Secret Passage if they judge that it's ''exploiting''.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

You'd have to be a complete waste of skin to Play on a PVP server and expect not to die outside of a safezone. Pvp means that you can be attacked anytime anywhere by anyone Right? as far as i know, Rules dont matter in pvp which is why i cant understand why people complain about being....."gank'd?" i think is the word for it? It's when you are having a 1v1 pvp with another player. As far as im concerned, as long as it's 3 players there in Pk mode there is no such thing as a 1v1. If i did Pk i'd just attack whoever i thought i could kill. If the player is too strong, i'll wait until another player gets him down enough for me to Pick at the bones like a vulture., and if i didnt want to have people do that in return back to me, I'd just get out of Pk mode. Or not play on a PK server. it's so many Simple answers. who would waste actual time of their Lives to submit a ticket? "HEY such and such killed me while i was doing something even tho im on a pk server"

Im assuming the glitching the admin was referring to, is like the Secret passage, where even blue names can be attacked. Now that is somthing that the player cant avoid and should submit a ticket for, Sense it's the monkey brained GMs fault for it any way. I agree with the admin.

@TOS copy-paster-poster on 2nd page

pVP On a pvp server wouldnt be considered impeedment or disrupting the flow of the game. After all, They put it there.

i Know they prolly must have told you this 20 times by now, but im not going though 13 pages. Or anymore for that matter, done.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Wow even people on pvp servers QQing about pk. Wow. Just wow. Game is full of Care Bears..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1