Pk'ing on a PvP Server [Update]

Options

Comments

• X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    An event npc was outside safezone and there was a guild preventing anyone else from doing event...is that allowed as well?....i mean it is a public weekly non-pvp event.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    An event npc was outside safezone and there was a guild preventing anyone else from doing event...is that allowed as well?....i mean it is a public weekly non-pvp event.

This is allowed.

Stalking is the only case where people will be banned for pking. Well, that and rm1 of Cube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

It was Dark and all event bosses are our property until you pay the appropriate taxes to receive passage and the rights to attack them, like CrimsonJr.

Thank you for your cooperation. b:cute
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options

A couple of things, I myself am a carebear, meaning you won't ever catch me white name by choice. That said, I don't get how people expect that events in a pvp zone on a pvp server are supposed to be pve only. :3 I know that's what I can expect and it's one of the reasons I roll a pve server. So that I can choose to participate in pvp mostly in pvp events like nation wars. And not have to deal with it when I want to do things like tigers. :3

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This is allowed.

Stalking is the only case where people will be banned for pking. Well, that and rm1 of Cube.

Thats not true, many people in a faction were banned and the leader was also threatened to be banned in the case of the sweet remembrance event. None of the bans were longer than a month to my recollection, however action was taken.

Reason: that faction was severely impeding upon the rest of the server's right to enjoy the event, or a rare service that pwi offered, to the point of harassment.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Let's not forget that most of the carebears complaining about PK in PVP servers aren't just innocent players trying to do a normal or a cultivation quest, most of them are/have alts on "BOT mode" (auto-cultivate) to farm DQ 24/7.

Sorry Jadsia for Killing you so many times b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thats not true, many people in a faction were banned and the leader was also threatened to be banned in the case of the sweet remembrance event. None of the bans were longer than a month to my recollection, however action was taken.

Reason: that faction was severely impeding upon the rest of the server's right to enjoy the event, or a rare service that pwi offered, to the point of harassment.

If you're referring to my guild, no one was ever banned for camping Sweet Remembrance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Not everyone is Carebear friendly on PVP server b:bye
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So to sum this entire thread up in a line; If you on a pvp server stop complaining, its a pvp server for a reason theres are pve servers and if your on a pve server and you dont wanna be killed dont go into pk mode. b:laugh is that about right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Just a mini update. If it gets to the point that you are killing someone continually, non-stop, then we will consider it harassment, PvP server or not. If it's just a few times, or for a short amount, then it's fine.

Is there anyway possable i can move my Barb from a PVE server to a PVP server i would love to give these people a reason to QQ
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So to sum this entire thread up in a line; If you on a pvp server stop complaining, its a pvp server for a reason theres are pve servers and if your on a pve server and you dont wanna be killed dont go into pk mode. b:laugh is that about right?
    As long as there are instances that require PK mode on PvE servers, nope, it's not. Just like instances that force you into it, this should not be considered a player's fault.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    As long as there are instances that require PK mode on PvE servers, nope, it's not. Just like instances that force you into it, this should not be considered a player's fault.

This and the convoy daily quest create an endless amount of complaints/drama on PvE servers, especially Dreamweaver.

Sparkie thanks for clearing this up, although I think for PvP servers it was pretty much already known just not stated as clearly as this.

However could you clear up exactly what this means for PvE servers, the convoy daily/veno instance require PK mode to complete (due to migration issues from PWCN version where all servers are PvP so they dont have this issue) what is the official position on this;

1) Are we going to see future patches which change this so PK mode isn't required?
    2) PK'ing people that are 'questing' in Primal in PK mode on a PvE server, would the response on this atm be 'well tough you went PK mode so you can be killed, if you can't handle being killed don't go PK mode and skip the Convoy quest'

The reason I ask is my faction has quite a few active PK'ers that don't care to abide by the norm carebear approach on a PvE server where you only PK out at west after asking politely for a 1v1. This causes endless qq on wc where people call out the entire faction for it. We've been responding with advice along the lines of 'stay blue or accept you may be killed and decide whether it's worth the 100 vitae'.

Thanks.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This and the convoy daily quest create an endless amount of complaints/drama on PvE servers, especially Dreamweaver.

Sparkie thanks for clearing this up, although I think for PvP servers it was pretty much already known just not stated as clearly as this.

However could you clear up exactly what this means for PvE servers, the convoy daily/veno instance require PK mode to complete (due to migration issues from PWCN version where all servers are PvP so they dont have this issue) what is the official position on this;

1) Are we going to see future patches which change this so PK mode isn't required?
    2) PK'ing people that are 'questing' in Primal in PK mode on a PvE server, would the response on this atm be 'well tough you went PK mode so you can be killed, if you can't handle being killed don't go PK mode and skip the Convoy quest'

The reason I ask is my faction has quite a few active PK'ers that don't care to abide by the norm carebear approach on a PvE server where you only PK out at west after asking politely for a 1v1. This causes endless qq on wc where people call out the entire faction for it. We've been responding with advice along the lines of 'stay blue or accept you may be killed and decide whether it's worth the 100 vitae'.

Thanks.

Don't forget to ask also is it ok for those "few active PK'ers" to always kill 1 person (is it ok if 3/4 of them kills 1person). Also please don't forget to ask is it ok if those people whose gear is 5 times better then anyone else's on the server (and yet they have to pk in groups - so sad) to constantly harassing others who are there just to make quest, never goes to west to pk and dont have any intention to fight that elite group of CS, who are btw main reason that pvp doesn't exist in DW anymore.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Don't forget to ask also is it ok for those "few active PK'ers" to always kill 1 person (is it ok if 3/4 of them kills 1person). Also please don't forget to ask is it ok if those people whose gear is 5 times better then anyone else's on the server (and yet they have to pk in groups - so sad) to constantly harassing others who are there just to make quest, never goes to west to pk and dont have any intention to fight that elite group of CS, who are btw main reason that pvp doesn't exist in DW anymore.

Hi Tempt, sorry to appear rude but I'm really not looking to have a discussion on this thread about DW specific issues, but thanks for your additions/extra questions, until we get an answer from the CM I guess the best approach is as always if you feel you/others have grounds for a case of being harassed in PK submit a ticket.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ooo. I like this new CM. b:dirty
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
    edited February 2014
    Options

Why not just tell that person to go blue name if they dont want to be killed? b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why not just tell that person to go blue name if they don't want to be killed? b:avoid

Because we have to be in white name to do that quest. Quest is giving 100 vitae + very good exp (around 3 mil, and if you not 100 lvl you can get up to 8-9 mil exp which is huge amount of exp). So I don't see the reason why would people be forced to avoid that quest just because we have 5-6 people that keep harassing whole server.
    Hi Tempt, sorry to appear rude but I'm really not looking to have a discussion on this thread about DW specific issues, but thanks for your additions/extra questions, until we get an answer from the CM I guess the best approach is as always if you feel you/others have grounds for a case of being harassed in PK submit a ticket.

I dont think you are rude, quite opposite. Thats one more reason I cant understand how you can be ok with things thats going on. Considering your position you should be first person that people can turn to to resolve problems they have with those few bullys.

But like you sad, and I totally agree with it, people should take SS and send tickets. I know people already started to do it, and I hope something will be soon done with this matter. I personally so far had 1 incident which i hope will be the last.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Because we have to be in white name to do that quest. Quest is giving 100 vitae + very good exp (around 3 mil, and if you not 100 lvl you can get up to 8-9 mil exp which is huge amount of exp). So I don't see the reason why would people be forced to avoid that quest just because we have 5-6 people that keep harassing whole server.

Although i do see your point, its not a required quest for anything and while i agree that you shouldn't have to be in pk mode to do it, i also dont understand why you would go into pk mode and then complain when your killed. In my opinion, as soon as you turn white name your a target. Especially on a pve server where you choose to be white named. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I dont think you are rude, quite opposite. Thats one more reason I cant understand how you can be ok with things thats going on. Considering your position you should be first person that people can turn to to resolve problems they have with those few bullys.

Well, the main reason is that I thought about exactly where the line is drawn between what is appropriate for me as Director to govern our members and where this is a GM/Ticket issue.

I firmly believe PK issues and cases of harassment are a GM/Ticket issue, and not up to me to or any faction officer to police. I think it unfair for me to ask people to not engage in aspects of the game that they enjoy. PK is an aspect of the game, not everyone likes it, especially on a PvE server, we do have the option to enter/leave PK mode, and there is also a way to enter PK mode w/o hours, it is sadly very unfortunate that PWE have screwed up and put in PvE elements of the game that require PK mode to complete.

The enforcing of ToS and dealing with any violations of that should come from the GMs. Unless the GMs tell us this is an internal issue for us to resolve ourselves, I will be very reluctant to start policing the guild.

Personally I hate even going to west now, it's full of drama, and more blue names than white names sitting there trash talking. I am white name for the convoy (which btw if I see someone I'm likely to one shot with wingspan attempting to do the quest same time I will send them a squad invite, if they choose to not accept it then that's up to them) also being able to get chi inside instances/trolling guildies when I take off fac protections and the odd bit of organised PvP. So I guess you could call me a carebear, but if anyone wants to try and kill me, they are more than welcome to, I'm in PK mode, I carry GS, and I'll fight back! :D
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Honestly I can't see why it's an issue on a PvE server.
    Sure that quest is there, and it's 100 vitae, but example I almost never do it myself, it's so little it don't slow mirage sky lvling down.
    I could understand people a little if they get killed them during caravan example,as they then wouldnt be able to hand in their quest - and it's a 1-time a day.Personally I tend to kill them before or after a spawn if I wish to.
    But on our server at least we have those people thinking they can be white and be safe anywhere they go, and it's pretty sad - been like that always, even before veno instance and caravan, but now more daylies requirres those people to go outside safe, and that obviously makes them annoyed - I just wish I didnt have to see their crying on wc all day lol.

The bright side however is the harrassing in pms from those people, maybe one day it gets them banned for harassment.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If you are on a pve server and you don't want to participate in pvp then do not go white name.
    As far as i can tell, those on pve servers have even less room to complain about pvp than those griefed on a pvp server.

The convoy quest is not necessary for the completion of any part of the game.

Sure, you can get vitae quicker by doing it, just as it is easier to obtain shards or skill pages by participating in warsoul tournament.

Should pvp be disabled there as well? Perhaps it should just be a contest of who clicks chests the quickest when they spawn.

Don't argue about intention either. The quest works exactly as it was intended. Our mother version does not have "pve servers". "pvp servers" are just normal servers. A pve server is a Modified one, existing only for western audiences who elect to abstain from a portion of the game's content.

If you don't want pvp, abstain from it as you chose to have the option to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If you are on a pve server and you don't want to participate in pvp then do not go white name.
    As far as i can tell, those on pve servers have even less room to complain about pvp than those griefed on a pvp server.

The convoy quest is not necessary for the completion of any part of the game.

Sure, you can get vitae quicker by doing it, just as it is easier to obtain shards or skill pages by participating in warsoul tournament.

Should pvp be disabled there as well? Perhaps it should just be a contest of who clicks chests the quickest when they spawn.

Don't argue about intention either. The quest works exactly as it was intended. Our mother version does not have "pve servers". "pvp servers" are just normal servers. A pve server is a Modified one, existing only for western audiences who elect to abstain from a portion of the game's content.

If you don't want pvp, abstain from it as you chose to have the option to
    Exactly correct.

If you're on a PvE server, it's your choice to flip the switch. Don't **** and moan when you die. It just makes you look like a complete moron.

The main reason I play on a PvE server here is because the PvP system is horribly weak. I mean, compared to games with real PvP mechanics, PWI's PvP servers are "carebear". (that and power creep)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Exactly correct.

If you're on a PvE server, it's your choice to flip the switch. Don't **** and moan when you die. It just makes you look like a complete moron.

The main reason I play on a PvE server here is because the PvP system is horribly weak. I mean, compared to games with real PvP mechanics, PWI's PvP servers are "carebear". (that and power creep)

I kind of feel like you asserted some of your personal beliefs as being an implied opinion of mine that we share.

>_>

Tricky wordsmith
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I kind of feel like you asserted some of your personal beliefs as being an implied opinion of mine that we share.

>_>

Tricky wordsmith
    LOL yeah, it's pretty much the same, but with fewer words. Still, even on PvP servers the system is broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well, even if the quests work as intended I still feel it's bad if they are not modified to fit the PvE servers. There are people who absolutely don't want anything to do with PvP, except maybe Nation Wars. With that in mind, I understand how they feel. Certainly the Convoy quest is not a requirement but something like the Venomancer instance..it kinda is. Yes there are various ways around it and whatnot but that's a different topic.

However, I do not sympathize with people that complain for being killed in PK mode, even if they do it only for the quest, they should be well aware that there's a high chance they'll get attacked and (consequently/possibly) killed once they choose to turn it on.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It will be better that people from PVE servers get used to the parts of the game where for some reason you need to be in PK mode. It's very unlikely that China will have this much consideration ever. In China there is just one kind of server: PVP. And, it's not even called PVP server, that's just the normal server.

Even if they were that considerate to make some way around I bet that in an expansion or patch they would forget we have this special mod, and would revert it back to the way it has been always.b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Don't argue about intention either. The quest works exactly as it was intended. Our mother version does not have "pve servers". "pvp servers" are just normal servers.

If everyone in PWCN is always in pvp mode then what functional difference would there be for the quest to require it? Having the mobs require pvp mode or not would only matter on pve servers. If it was intentional it would have to have been intended for us.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't understand why people don't like pvp. If someone attacks me while im questing them I just say, "whatever it's just another mob for me to kill". Why do people want things to be so easy? It's so much funner when we are given challenges and hey you can even get friends to help to kill this "mob".
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't understand why people don't like pvp. If someone attacks me while im questing them I just say, "whatever it's just another mob for me to kill". Why do people want things to be so easy? It's so much funner when we are given challenges and hey you can even get friends to help to kill this "mob".

Lol, in some cases, it's like asking, why a 8-year-old wouldn't go to a club of 40-year-old child abusers. Especially knowing that what these creeps do to them is perfectly allright and not forbidden by law. b:laugh
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If everyone in PWCN is always in pvp mode then what functional difference would there be for the quest to require it? Having the mobs require pvp mode or not would only matter on pve servers. If it was intentional it would have to have been intended for us.

For those of us in PVP servers it forces us to go red-name by pressing Ctrl + Hitting. It's actually pretty funny as mobs give more exp the more you kill, so people tends to AOE and ens up killing any other toon around, leading to a pk-fest in that quest which I kinda like