Pk'ing on a PvP Server [Update]

Options

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wait..huh? SP is PK enabled again?

It was hopping back and forth a while back. I'll admit I haven't bothered trying to murder anyone in there since the expansion, even though that's normally when it tends to break. Too many dailies to keep up with across multiple characters on multiple servers. Royal pain in the rear. >_>
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It was removed back and forth a while back. I'll admit I haven't bothered trying to murder anyone in there since the expansion, even though that's normally when it tends to break. Too many dailies to keep up with across multiple characters on multiple servers. Royal pain in the rear. >_>

Sorry Kossy but hopping has been removed due to client instability. Carry on b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xcrosheart
    xcrosheart Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Blame Someone (harshland) For PKing people At primal Quest...its consider as Quest blocking lol......
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    why is this still even being debated lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    Options
    why is this still even being debated lol
    IKR, maybe we should have a pole to just make all the servers PvP so it's non-issue. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Options
    IKR, maybe we should have a pole to just make all the servers PvP so it's non-issue. b:chuckle
    nono! make it all PVE and see how many PVPers can eat their own dish of 'suck it up'
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    nono! make it all PVE and see how many PVPers can eat their own dish of 'suck it up'

I'd be sad if i couldn't hurt people who touched my mobs, or looked at me the wrong way, or played a stabby fish.

That said i wouldnt mind if the pvp servers merged, honestly there arent a lot of people running around and i want to see Adroit and Longie duke it out.
    I <3 A lot of people
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'd be sad if i couldn't hurt people who touched my mobs, or looked at me the wrong way, or played a stabby fish.

That said i wouldnt mind if the pvp servers merged, honestly there arent a lot of people running around and i want to see Adroit and Longie duke it out.
    There should be like a punch card system.
    An "a$s Card" if you will.
    and everytime you **** someone off they get to punch a hole on that ingame card.
    Collect enough 'holes' and your in pk mode w/ no safe zone.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    and everytime you **** someone off they get to punch a hole on that ingame card.

only if i get a piece of some blueberry pie if I fill up the holes f:cute
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

I would fully support this :3 my other faction people probabily wouldn't though so, damnit. *eyerolls I have to keep other people in mind, that's not great......*
    Still think bramble not effecting players on the world map is dumb when it effects players in TW and NW and all those other things. Like what kind of learning curve is that??

I don't see why it has to be said very much either, when I saw the thread title I thought I was going to have some stupid new news shoved in my face (voluntarily though) and instead it was common sense OTL
    I'm always white named because then it feels like I'm moving around in the 'real game' (so to say) and not some dumb parody +veno instance, and I've never had an issue with it. No one open worlds anymore and by the time it would matter aka there's other people around for once, you're in a safe zone anyway.
    Yes I clearily haven't been using auto-culti since I haven't been on much since it came out but whatever.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

While i do like this idea...too many people would abuse this and thus it would not be effective at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    While i do like this idea...too many people would abuse this and thus it would not be effective at all.
    b:question whats abuse? *punches 12 holes in ewzoner's card* b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    FFS I've been able to handle the concept of it's PIXELS in a game since I was nine..you all are weird..
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    FFS I've been able to handle the concept of it's PIXELS in a game since I was nine..you all are weird..

There are people behind those pixels, who still get annoyed if you spoil their leisure time. Like seriously if you make it so someone can't enjoy the game, during their down time some of whom don't get very much, you shouldn't really expect them not to get annoyed at you. That's human nature. The pixels are controlled by real people who do not cease being real people just because they are controlling a pixel character. If you grief someone, expect complaints. If you go white named, expect someone to PK you. These are all natural reactions to our actions. It's really not that weird. :P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    tl;dr 20pages but...

Am I the only one that finds this topic silly as all hell??? I mean seriously a sticky, if players cannot handle the PK factor then why in the hell would you roll a toon on a PvP server?

PLEEEEASE, don't argue that the "idea" that a player should be able to quest, grind, or whatever non-PK related activity without getting repeatedly PK'd. YOU ARE ON A PVP SERVER!!! At level 30, any green dot that shows on your mini map, is a threat learn to use it. If you can't take it then reroll to a PvE server.

But no, instead you QQ and open tickets about so-n-so is being mean and harassing me and I cannot quest...Boo...hooo....

To be honest, it would not surprise me that those that QQ the most fall into two catagories.

The PvE player that "thinks" that can PvP.
    "I'm just questing. Why are you PK'ing ?"
    "I'm here just farming mats and not bothering anyone?"

-- OR --

The PvP player that PKs low level, under-geared, or under-skilled players only to be repeatedly PK'd by a higher level, skilled, and/or geared player for their actions. If there is one constant on MMOs, if you get labeled as an a$s then don't QQ is the server raises up against you. You brought it upon yourself.

Maybe there is not enough of the old guard remaining to reminded these PvP servers of some of the exploits of the old PK factions like RageQuit - Lost City and QQme - Harshlands. These factions would likely kill any whitename they came across to boost their PK rankings. Level 30 to 100, if you were not aware of your surroundings you would most likely end up respawning back in town.

So suck it up or reroll but stop QQ'ing about it.
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Make all servers PvP, so ya don't have to worry about fixing the quests b:cuteb:dirty

Or you should go to PVP server. Wander how long would you survive there. They would eat you for breakfast:)
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    tl;dr 20pages but...

Am I the only one that finds this topic silly as all hell??? I mean seriously a sticky, if players cannot handle the PK factor then why in the hell would you roll a toon on a PvP server?

PLEEEEASE, don't argue that the "idea" that a player should be able to quest, grind, or whatever non-PK related activity without getting repeatedly PK'd. YOU ARE ON A PVP SERVER!!! At level 30, any green dot that shows on your mini map, is a threat learn to use it. If you can't take it then reroll to a PvE server.

But no, instead you QQ and open tickets about so-n-so is being mean and harassing me and I cannot quest...Boo...hooo....

To be honest, it would not surprise me that those that QQ the most fall into two catagories.

The PvE player that "thinks" that can PvP.
    "I'm just questing. Why are you PK'ing ?"
    "I'm here just farming mats and not bothering anyone?"

-- OR --

The PvP player that PKs low level, under-geared, or under-skilled players only to be repeatedly PK'd by a higher level, skilled, and/or geared player for their actions. If there is one constant on MMOs, if you get labeled as an a$s then don't QQ is the server raises up against you. You brought it upon yourself.

Maybe there is not enough of the old guard remaining to reminded these PvP servers of some of the exploits of the old PK factions like RageQuit - Lost City and QQme - Harshlands. These factions would likely kill any whitename they came across to boost their PK rankings. Level 30 to 100, if you were not aware of your surroundings you would most likely end up respawning back in town.

So suck it up or reroll but stop QQ'ing about it.

It's different when you're a 3x and the same 10x sin keeps one shotting you repeatedly. That's not PVP, that's being a ****. These are the players that have the right to be able to have someone to turn too. These sins are mostly r9 3rd +12, thus very rarely is there someone on or around that can keep the OP player busy.

After all, is it really fair and honest PVP if the attackee had absolutely no means to even try and defend themselves? Doing 154 dmg isn't really defending themselves >_>
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It's different when you're a 3x and the same 10x sin keeps one shotting you repeatedly. That's not PVP, that's being a ****. These are the players that have the right to be able to have someone to turn too. These sins are mostly r9 3rd +12, thus very rarely is there someone on or around that can keep the OP player busy.

After all, is it really fair and honest PVP if the attackee had absolutely no means to even try and defend themselves? Doing 154 dmg isn't really defending themselves >_>

a lvl 80 mystic is in snowy village, gets bored waiting and so starts pk'ing. Kills a 97 seeker 3 times. Seeker QQ's to friends. r9rr bm comes to one shot mystic for picking on somone far better geared and 17 levels higher. like wut b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Or you should go to PVP server. Wander how long would you survive there. They would eat you for breakfast:)

I doubt that, I wouldnt be part of the top 3 like on this noob server, but I fit somewhere below as underdog - that is jsut being realistic.
    You on the other hand is only trying to insult.

And If server transfers were ever an option, I'd go to harslands in a heartbeat lol - not gonna gear up another toon, this game is far too buggy and boring to waste more time and money on, other than maintaining current.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

And THIS is my whole point. On any PvP server on any given MMO you will have players like this. High level endgamers that get their rocks off doing stuff like this watching a lowbie QQ and RQ about it, it's inevitable.

I really have no sympathy for a naive player that thinks they can happily quest their way to whatever endgame goal they may have on a PvP server without getting PK'd (somedays more then others) along the way. I've lost count the number of times when I played Harshlands that I got nothing done because Orchid Temple, Hidden Orchid, Silver Pool, etc were a PK'fest, on those days I would log back in later.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm pretty disappointed that after all these comments, specifically the PvE server/PK mode convoy quest etc ones; we haven't had a response on the official position by Sparkie/GMs for a PvE server.

It almost leads me to conclude that the PvE server answer is even more blunt than the PvP server one; on a PvE server everyone has the option to stay blue name, so if they are being farmed etc and don't like it switch to blue name?, whereas on a PvP server they have no option to go blue name, so the harassment clause exists.

Is this the case?
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm pretty disappointed that after all these comments, specifically the PvE server/PK mode convoy quest etc ones; we haven't had a response on the official position by Sparkie/GMs for a PvE server.

It almost leads me to conclude that the PvE server answer is even more blunt than the PvP server one; on a PvE server everyone has the option to stay blue name, so if they are being farmed etc and don't like it switch to blue name?, whereas on a PvP server they have no option to go blue name, so the harassment clause exists.

Is this the case?

In PVP servers, if someone is ganking you and waiting at your quest-spot to pk you... you won't do that quest. End of the story.

Pretty hard having people caming the 1st Primal NPC killing people before they even have the loading page finished (can kill before they see they have ported in) pissing everyone trying to finish the quest.

Good point that is banable and we have quite a lot of good fights between factions because of that :P
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    git gewd skrubs
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If there is such an issue about PvP, can someone explain to me why, in their infinate wisdom, have PWI brought in a PvP quest onto a PvE server?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
    Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If there is such an issue about PvP, can someone explain to me why, in their infinate wisdom, have PWI brought in a PvP quest onto a PvE server?b:surrender
    b:chuckle
    Other players are randomly a part of your quest. In real situations people either are your friend or enemy so you can group players that attack you and mobs into the same groupings. I'm pretty sure pwi sees this because they know quest can be so "mechanical" and unchallenging. When they added players into the enemy list for questing that's pretty much a new challenge. Still I guess some people like the predictability and easiness of "mechanical" questing as player mobs are to challenging for some b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options

Because PWI has no control over the devs in China not patching the quests for PvE servers and have to wait for them to do something about it. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle
    Other players are randomly a part of your quest. In real situations people either are your friend or enemy so you can group players that attack you and mobs into the same groupings. I'm pretty sure pwi sees this because they know quest can be so "mechanical" and unchallenging. When they added players into the enemy list for questing that's pretty much a new challenge. Still I guess some people like the predictability and easiness of "mechanical" questing as player mobs are to challenging for some b:chuckle
    When other players are meant to be a part of the quest or event, this quest doesn't require switching to PK mode. You just enter and participate. So no, it's not the case.
    And BTW, it wouldn't be a bad idea either, if it was a safe PvP spot, with no item loss and timed immunity upon spawning/respawning, so people wouldn't have to pointlessly die on a loading screen. Many people woudn;t mind to have a 24-hour safe PvP realm to have fun in (only it should not be in the Secret Passage, pls)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Primarily because the server isn't written as a PvE server. We're "special" over here in PWI land.

It's a PvP server that has a flag changed in the configuration to make it PvE. Oh dear, there's 4 quests you can't do in PvE, and the Cube of Fate is SO hard. Deal with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Options
    technically you dont really have to do it, its not a TON of exp. At first i was intrigued but then after realizing you had to wait a while for it to spawn..... well b:surrender

not to mention the fact that we had some pvp orangutans on our server that where flinging their poo in that area. If your like me and want to get your dailies done ASAP at that time, just skip it lol
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    All this discussion for a simple topic... smh

Once upon a time there was a new mmorpg. It was called Perfect World. People knew how to behave themselves and it was good.

Seriously? PvP is kill or be killed. We know that and that is why it is open world PvP.
    However, most of the players weren't that prickish to kill the same person over and over and over...

See someone out and about? Try em out and see who dies. A friendly tempest into a group of people? Do your best and expect some ribbing. It was friendly... you would laugh, make friends and even learn how to PvP. If someone dropped something big, you returned it. If they were snotty, you held it for a few mins then returned it. If you were doing your culti, just a mention of "hey all, doing my culti" in general chat would get you safe passage.

For the past few years I've noticed a new type of player. They have power and absolutely no common sense or discretion. Where there used to be an unspoken code of honor in PvP, it has been replaced with juvenile mentality and rudeness. It is because of the latter that future mmorpg PvP will be forever changed. We see it now in other titles using sPvP formats. Open world PvP will soon be a memory.

What should be common sense and fair play is rare these days. The fact that this thread is necessary is proof. b:sad

^ this

Longknife, I agree with you on many points, but I must point out to you that there are players that get their kicks by bullying lower geared/level players. I'm not much into pk myself, partly because I can't afford to buy gs constantly, and when I find myself forced to fight I do it with good grace (with one exception, which I still feel ashamed about), but if I get 1-shot repeatedly by some lamebrain while I'm trying to quest and not fight back, I'm glad there will still be the option to submit a ticket and hope the GM's will stop a bully.

As for people saying ''stop qqing and go play on a pve server'' or ''why didn't you choose a pve server when you started playing?'', like I suspect for many people, this was my first mmo, and I had no idea what pve/pvp meant when choosing my server, I just went for the lowest ping. I didn't even know what it meant until long long after I was white named, and after the time and money invested in Harshlands, I would rather stop playing than start again on a pve server. No doubt there are trolls out there who will reply ''good, stop playing'', to which I say, a good healthy community consists of many and diverse peoples. If the GM's were to allow bullying to get too far out of control, the community would die, and then who would you bully and trollololol?
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word