Pk'ing on a PvP Server [Update]

Options

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options

Don't argue about intention either. The quest works exactly as it was intended. Our mother version does not have "pve servers". "pvp servers" are just normal servers. A pve server is a Modified one, existing only for western audiences who elect to abstain from a portion of the game's content.

I think it's impossible to know the intentions without first asking the devs, as they don't think about it that much when coding it for their own servers. All we know is that a modification did not occur for our version of the game, whether or not that is intentional or an oversight is pure speculation without a specific response from them. They have modified content for us plenty so it's not outside the realm of possibility that any given pvp enabled quest is something that they specifically designed with PVP in mind, or if they just didn't bother changing it for us.

I also think that people who grief others should really expect people to complain about it, it's a natural result of griefing. I see them the same as no different than the people who complain about getting killed while white named. You take an action, you should expect a consequences. There is this thing called personal responsibility. If I do something that i while allowable, is well known as being considered mean, I can't really expect people to thank me for being mean to them. Or to just put up with it silently. Everyone will react differently. Likewise if I know people are camping a pvp hotpot and I'm white named, I should expect I'm going to be killed. It's what you are given the signal to do, you can't really expect everyone to do things based solely on what you consider to be nice. I suppose all these complaints about the consequences of actions none of us were forced into, is also to be expected though. C'est la vie.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • allsaremine
    allsaremine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm on PVP server too and i don't get mad i i get pk cuz i pk too sometimes but the problem is at events they should be made in a pk protected area,and now there is this event outside lost and teleus where one guild is picking all drops and kill everyone who get closer it should be server event not guild eventb:sad
  • knightable
    knightable Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Unless they changed TOS - PVP/PVE doesn't matter - Quest blocking and harassment are banable - get off your lazy a..es GMs and stop those not allowing people to play - you make it so lower less geared people can't play you eventually kill a server
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    knightable wrote: »
    Unless they changed TOS - PVP/PVE doesn't matter - Quest blocking and harassment are banable

yes but this is where the definition of quest blocking and harrassment will vary between people. Some might say that being killed 3 times in a row is called harrassment. I would conisider being followed just to be killed repeatedly harrassment, but then KOS is allowed and that is what people do to people who have been KOS'd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knightable
    edited February 2014
    Options
    yes but this is where the definition of quest blocking and harrassment will vary between people. Some might say that being killed 3 times in a row is called harrassment. I would conisider being followed just to be killed repeatedly harrassment, but then KOS is allowed and that is what people do to people who have been KOS'd

You're waffling on what you think is allowed or not - it's either harassing is or isn't - my simple definition is if a player is unable to play or do things the DEVs gave us to do to get better because of one or a group of individuals then they need to be stopped

granted there is a gray area but as stated in the initiating post it appears the GMs are just tired of enforcing their own rules - ones people used as a baseline to decide whether to play or not
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You're waffling on what you think is allowed or not - it's either harassing is or isn't - my simple definition is if a player is unable to play or do things the DEVs gave us to do to get better because of one or a group of individuals then they need to be stopped

Yes but my definition of harrassment is not harrassment if some has decided to KOS that person which is my whole point, people definitions of the terms are different. And i mean yes, if you look at the super extreme examples like people stalking somone for a week or so, i think we can all agree that would be harrassment. Now for an example lets look at this caravan quest. So im a barb, my aoe skills are close range. So i run up to the mobs and go to use sunder/armageddon. The suddenly a wizzard out of nowhere shows up and aoe's the mobs. Now because im a close combat fighter im in aoe range and die. The wizzard killed me and prevented me from completing something the devs put in the game that i could of done if the wizzard hadnt showed up. By your defintion that could be harrassment. You might say it isnt because it only happened once. So what if this wizzard and i just happen to go there at the same time every day to do the same quest? Should anything be done about the wizzard who is doing the quest and in his eyes im collateral damage? What happens when i get anooyed at the wizzard then every day try to kill him before he can aoe the mobs so i can do the quest and i dont die? then im the one doing the harrassment just so i can do a quest.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knightable
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yes but my definition of harrassment is not harrassment if some has decided to KOS that person which is my whole point, people definitions of the terms are different. And i mean yes, if you look at the super extreme examples like people stalking somone for a week or so, i think we can all agree that would be harrassment. Now for an example lets look at this caravan quest. So im a barb, my aoe skills are close range. So i run up to the mobs and go to use sunder/armageddon. The suddenly a wizzard out of nowhere shows up and aoe's the mobs. Now because im a close combat fighter im in aoe range and die. The wizzard killed me and prevented me from completing something the devs put in the game that i could of done if the wizzard hadnt showed up. By your defintion that could be harrassment. You might say it isnt because it only happened once. So what if this wizzard and i just happen to go there at the same time every day to do the same quest? Should anything be done about the wizzard who is doing the quest and in his eyes im collateral damage? What happens when i get anooyed at the wizzard then every day try to kill him before he can aoe the mobs so i can do the quest and i dont die? then im the one doing the harrassment just so i can do a quest.

b:surrender

Bad example - the PK was likely unintentional since both are doing the same daily
    better example - one does morai dailies around the same time and another char (same many days) is waiting there knowing your schedule and is there intentionally to kill you then yes the other char needs to be stopped - or one char sees you and has you KOS and endlessly stalks you every time the see you yes - they need to be stopped - you tick someone off and get KOS and get hit randomly once or twice when spotted not - its part of the game

I'm not saying every time I get PK once or a few times I'm writing tickets but when a faction backed char makes it impossible for a number of others to do a primal world quest then they need to be stopped
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Bad example - the PK was likely unintentional since both are doing the same daily
    better example - one does morai dailies around the same time and another char (same many days) is waiting there knowing your schedule and is there intentionally to kill you then yes the other char needs to be stopped - or one char sees you and has you KOS and endlessly stalks you every time the see you yes - they need to be stopped - you tick someone off and get KOS and get hit randomly once or twice when spotted not - its part of the game

I'm not saying every time I get PK once or a few times I'm writing tickets but when a faction backed char makes it impossible for a number of others to do a primal world quest then they need to be stopped

Sticking with the caravan quest example, are you saying that if someone there is killing everyone so they can do the quest they should be stopped?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knightable
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Sticking with the caravan quest example, are you saying that if someone there is killing everyone so they can do the quest they should be stopped?

exactly the opposite of what I said - they are also trying to do the quest and one presumes will move on when done not camp there and PK everyone else that comes along after
    edited February 2014
    Options
    exactly the opposite of what I said - they are also trying to do the quest and one presumes will move on when done not camp there and PK everyone else that comes along after

So theres a group of 10 people at the caravan, i 1 shot them all then do the quest and leave. This happens every day for maybe a month. What would you call that?

Edit: Or what about this, i enter story mode and the caravan quest has just finished, i do the owl quest and then i wait for the caravan quest to start again. Im not gunna just sit there doing nothing, thats boring, i know ill kill people while i wait. What about that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aftershocks - Harshlands
    Aftershocks - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    tbh one of the main reasons i wanted to level up faster and get better gear was to get even or at least not be an easy target lol So, yeah. PK ftw lol

The only time ONLY TIME it was annoying is when i was trying to do culti quests, but you just gotta deal man. QQers will always QQ tho, so w/e. b:shutup
  • MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver
    MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Pk on DW is pretty much dead and we can tell why, I do convoy on a daily base and I have killed people there by mistake with aoe just cause they came to close on my back.
    I did pm and apologize for it, if doing convoy and more players are around I just single target and do my best to divide the mobs so we all get the vitae and some exp, I could stealth and kill over and over players doing the quest, it's just not my thing, if I want to pk I go west and usually pm or get pm's to start fights and such.

I have seen groups of players ganking one single player doing the quest or killing every single white name that enters story mode(undergeared, low level...), I don't really see the fun on that or how does that help any how to bring back pk on DW, and saying "that they are cry babies or that they turned pk on so now they are targets", well yes they are indeed targets just not for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knightable
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So theres a group of 10 people at the caravan, i 1 shot them all then do the quest and leave. This happens every day for maybe a month. What would you call that?

Edit: Or what about this, i enter story mode and the caravan quest has just finished, i do the owl quest and then i wait for the caravan quest to start again. Im not gunna just sit there doing nothing, thats boring, i know ill kill people while i wait. What about that?

You're getting picayune with detail and off track - if my point hasn't been understood it won't ever be
    tbh one of the main reasons i wanted to level up faster and get better gear was to get even or at least not be an easy target lol So, yeah. PK ftw lol

The only time ONLY TIME it was annoying is when i was trying to do culti quests, but you just gotta deal man. QQers will always QQ tho, so w/e. b:shutup

Another reason GMs no longer wish to enforce TOS - hoping people dump money in to get better - small gain but long term kill - IMO
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You're getting picayune with detail and off track - if my point hasn't been understood it won't ever be

b:question so what about the scenarios i suggested? from one point of view, im killing everyone who ports into story mode and therefore, acording to you, it should be deemed harrassment. From my point of view, im passing time untill the carvan quest starts again. Now, what if instead of being asked to stop politely, i get PMs from certain people swearing at me and insulting me? Is killing him once for every time he insults me harrassment?b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:question so what about the scenarios i suggested? from one point of view, im killing everyone who ports into story mode and therefore, acording to you, it should be deemed harrassment. From my point of view, im passing time untill the carvan quest starts again. Now, what if instead of being asked to stop politely, i get PMs from certain people swearing at me and insulting me? Is killing him once for every time he insults me harrassment?b:puzzled

Orr like 75% of my kills in primal example is when i do my daylies myself. If I come to caravan, and see som1 waiting I don't really like I kill it, then i move to next dayli - same thing there etc. Then a friend does dayli in there does same thing, then she happens to get ganked by 4 people at tower example. alrighty she got ganked it goes to faction chat, and we go kill till they are gone.

on one single time did we really camp one place ( while i've been around) which was when some QQ'ed and called us out - so we went with like 8 people to stronghold and had a pk kind of thing with another faction(we outnumbered them obviously, because well, we support eachother lol).

At no point of time did I example kill any player more than 5 times in 30 minutes, and therefore I don't see that as harassment. Usually when I see low geared, sure I'll kill it if It's in the faction I don't like - but i'm not staying to kill it again ( well unless they QQ endlessly in pm after first kill)
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver
    MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Just a mini update. If it gets to the point that you are killing someone continually, non-stop, then we will consider it harassment, PvP server or not. If it's just a few times, or for a short amount, then it's fine.

can't overkill someone??? than p v p shouldn't even exsist period,,, what happen this game turn into little girls crying about there teapots????How about the next the noobs crying a monster overkill me cause I suck at a game,, little babies are takig over this game
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I think its best people just view this thread for the reason it was intended- reducing tickets.

As far as pk on pvp servers is concerned- i dont want to say "deal with it" and aggravate anyone, but really thats how i feel. If somebody is camping a quest spot- get help/do something else/come back later. The rules are ambiguous for a reason and honestly you would have to do something extraordinarily bad and inappropriate to actually get a ban.

Having to go white name for some quests on pve servers is a separate issue which pwi should look into really.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This brings up an issue that truly needs to be answered. Why is it that in a PVE server...such as Raging Tide...there are things that REQUIRE you to enter pk mode to do. The only examples i currently have are the caravan quest inside of primal world....where the mobs can ONLY be killed if you are in pk mode. The other example is the veno instance. Last i checked it was still all but impossible to do without being in pk mode. Since this is on a PVE server....having events that FORCE people to go pk mode to do them hardly seem fair for a server that is supposed to be for PVE and i was just wondering if these were just glitches with possible fixes on the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Make all servers PvP, so ya don't have to worry about fixing the quests b:cuteb:dirty
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have seen groups of players ganking one single player doing the quest or killing every single white name that enters story mode(undergeared, low level...), I don't really see the fun on that or how does that help any how to bring back pk on DW, and saying "that they are cry babies or that they turned pk on so now they are targets", well yes they are indeed targets just not for me.

Well said ;D

Most of those who go hunting ppl already said- i dont need that quest
    So since they don't need it and don't want to do it- they wont let others either

Like others said PK- for fun...Not PK-till some1 quits game (which is harassment)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This brings up an issue that truly needs to be answered. Why is it that in a PVE server...such as Raging Tide...there are things that REQUIRE you to enter pk mode to do. The only examples i currently have are the caravan quest inside of primal world....where the mobs can ONLY be killed if you are in pk mode. The other example is the veno instance. Last i checked it was still all but impossible to do without being in pk mode. Since this is on a PVE server....having events that FORCE people to go pk mode to do them hardly seem fair for a server that is supposed to be for PVE and i was just wondering if these were just glitches with possible fixes on the way.

I concur!
    I demand that Warsoul Tournament be changed into a who's the fastest at digging a chest contest.
    I believe that TW should consist of PvEing vs towers in a simple race to enemy crystal
    Just like City of Abominations, we should convert Blood Theater into a who is the best kill stealer contest!
    I demand NW become a race to dig the flag first, kill towers fastest and spam dig crystals. I should not have to be forced to pvp to participate in those!
    I believe the pk rooms in cube should just have Mandatory do all card requirements!

Finally, i should be able to instantaneously toggle pk mode on and off via hotkey! This way i could go straight back to blue name if I'm losing a fight!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Options

And this is my whole point T, the issue with the caravan quest on pve servers should be "it requires pk, make it so it doesnt require pk" but alas, thats not what people are complaining about. They are complaing about being killed and want the people who did the killing sanctioned for killing other players in pk mode. Thats not everyone i know, but that is what the most of the QQ from pve based players consists of. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I concur!
    I demand that Warsoul Tournament be changed into a who's the fastest at digging a chest contest.
    I believe that TW should consist of PvEing vs towers in a simple race to enemy crystal
    Just like City of Abominations, we should convert Blood Theater into a who is the best kill stealer contest!
    I demand NW become a race to dig the flag first, kill towers fastest and spam dig crystals. I should not have to be forced to pvp to participate in those!
    I believe the pk rooms in cube should just have Mandatory do all card requirements!

Finally, i should be able to instantaneously toggle pk mode on and off via hotkey! This way i could go straight back to blue name if I'm losing a fight!

b:laugh

Reductio ad absurdum

WP
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't even know why this thread is full of carebears complaining about stuff they are not concerned about. It's fine to be from a PVE server and discuss this, but from all the posts i saw through this thread, 90% are from PVE server complaining about shet happening on PVP servers or how mean people are there.
    Wtf seriously, you really think PVP servers are still about camping people and following them around? It'd work like that a few years back in some case, but right now, almost nobody has time to do that, and if it happens, it's a very rare case.
    And please, stop being so negative about the concept of PVP itself. Especially that person writing in pink. It's not because you kill people in a videogame that you are a real life killer, ijs.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    90% are from PVE server complaining about shet happening on PVE servers or how mean people are there.

Fixed that for you.

Not sure what gave you that impression.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The QQ is strong in this thread!
    Can a GM please server transfer my char, to a pvp server so i can bring peace to all those being harassed?

I'll be the light of justice bringing the weak out of the darkness!
    They Call me GodHand!

I like my milk shacked not stirred!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The QQ is strong in this thread!
    Can a GM please server transfer my char, to a pvp server so i can bring peace to all those being harassed?

I'll be the light of justice bringing the weak out of the darkness!
    They Call me GodHand!

I like my milk shacked not stirred!

Please oh mighty god hand, free us from Adroit's tyranny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle at all the people that suggest that PVE servers dont exist or should be made into PVP servers.....its called a choice i think.... The reason people CHOSE to play on a PVE server is to not have to be subject to being PKed if we didnt WANT to. So to suggest they change those servers to PVP servers tbh sounds really stupid. I know for a fact many people would just rage quit. What i brought up was a legit concern for any PVE server.....while i enjoy the PK events (NW,TW, and the like) the entire point of a PVE server is to be able to do your day to day runnings WITHOUT having to be in PK mode to do so. So having the convoy quest in primal world and the Veno instance REQUIRING people in a PVE server to enter PK mode to do them is obviously not supposed to be that way. I mean we all know that the veno instance thing is some kind of glitch. The issue is when will they issue some kind of fix..i mean seriously warsong was down for many weeks. We STILL have the mount glitch that forces a person to relog pwi. On top of the plethora of other glitches still needing fixed.....next maintenance will probably be more grammar fixes and still no sight for the real fixes to come....lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle at all the people that suggest that PVE servers dont exist or should be made into PVP servers.....its called a choice i think.... The reason people CHOSE to play on a PVE server is to not have to be subject to being PKed if we didnt WANT to. So to suggest they change those servers to PVP servers tbh sounds really stupid. I know for a fact many people would just rage quit. What i brought up was a legit concern for any PVE server.....while i enjoy the PK events (NW,TW, and the like) the entire point of a PVE server is to be able to do your day to day runnings WITHOUT having to be in PK mode to do so. So having the convoy quest in primal world and the Veno instance REQUIRING people in a PVE server to enter PK mode to do them is obviously not supposed to be that way. I mean we all know that the veno instance thing is some kind of glitch. The issue is when will they issue some kind of fix..i mean seriously warsong was down for many weeks. We STILL have the mount glitch that forces a person to relog pwi. On top of the plethora of other glitches still needing fixed.....next maintenance will probably be more grammar fixes and still no sight for the real fixes to come....lol

Take it up with the devs in China since they're the ones who actually make our patches and content.

Text fixes? Yeah folks over here can do that. Bugs, glitches, having the devs change something that works fine for the servers they care about (CN PW servers are PvP) to work on ours without having their settings? All of that is stuff the devs do if and when they feel like it and there's not much PWI can do about it aside from maybe attempt to pester them often about it. And I know many people do not like being pestered often and will become rather spiteful if it happens, so we can't even blame PWI if they don't constantly harass the devs because they don't want stuff we need instantly tossed to the "we don't care ever" pile.

Take SP for an example of stuff working fine in CN that's bugged to us here. Over there? They love it and it's working as intended. Here? For whatever reason most didn't like it. For a while we'd get a patch to revert it since it'd go back to the CN state every time we got either an expansion or a major patch update but lately it's been a case of "**** it, let's leave SP as is."... and unless the devs feel like sending us a patch for it again, that's how it'll stay.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Take SP for an example of stuff working fine in CN that's bugged to us here. Over there? They love it and it's working as intended. Here? For whatever reason most didn't like it. For a while we'd get a patch to revert it since it'd go back to the CN state every time we got either an expansion or a major patch update but lately it's been a case of "**** it, let's leave SP as is."... and unless the devs feel like sending us a patch for it again, that's how it'll stay.

Wait..huh? SP is PK enabled again?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★