Pk'ing on a PvP Server [Update]

Options

Comments

• Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    What you are saying is incorrect, the following is posted from the terms of service:
    "You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.
    Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    (a) Harm minors in any way;
    (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    (c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
    (d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    (e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
    (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
    PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement."

According to your company, questblocking, or otherwise known as repetitive killing of a single or multiple people to impede their capability of completing said quest is a direct violation of the terms of service clause 10 subclause h regardless of server. I rest my case.

Nice list of things Pwe has never, will never, enforce from their own TOS.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Fun fact about me I'm sure will surprise the people of Harshlands: I did have an instance where I truly felt harassed. It wasn't a case of "GRRR I DIED, ME MAD," it was a case of "ok this dude's getting ridiculously creepy and obsessive to the point where I dun even wanna PLAY cause I'm creeped out." Couldn't talk to him, couldn't reason with him, couldn't get him to leave me alone win OR lose. It was annoying, it was creepy, it made the game not fun to play. After that, I looked up the rules to see EXACTLY what qualified as harassment, I politely ticketed to ask if my situation sounded like harassment and if it was, what was needed of me, and the response was a very supportive "oh hell yeah that's harassment" with a list of things required, I provided them, and viola.
    you will be prone to find pple with a little over the top obsessiveness in ingame Sadomasochismish behavior in pvp o.o such categorized if twisted correctly, DSM-I and DSM-II

in simple terms, more loose screws there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    porphy wrote: »
    #pklifeproblems #sohardtobegood

I feel your pain, lol.

I sorry, know I sound nerdy or arrogant as **** right now. I don't mean it, but it's just omg been trying for AAAAAGES to get people to just stop clinging to delusions like this and just try to FIGHT BACK or actually TRY, and all I've gotten was ticket threats.

So seeing this? It's like a giant **** you to all of that. Stupid, I know, but makes me happy regardless. b:laugh
    you will be prone to find pple with a little over the top obsessiveness in ingame Sadomasochismish behavior in pvp o.o such categorized if twisted correctly, DSM-I and DSM-II

in simple terms, more loose screws there.

PEOPLE WITH MENTAL PROBLEMS PLAY PWI?!?!

NEXT YOU'LL BE TELLING ME A BLACK MAN CAN BE PRESIDENT

People are gonna be mental with or without PK. The existence or non-existence of PK doesn't change this.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I sorry, know I sound nerdy or arrogant as **** right now. I don't mean it, but it's just omg been trying for AAAAAGES to get people to just stop clinging to delusions like this and just try to FIGHT BACK or actually TRY, and all I've gotten was ticket threats.

So seeing this? It's like a giant **** you to all of that. Stupid, I know, but makes me happy regardless. b:laugh

Was awesome though. And Russian hymn makes my heart beat so fast, you know.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
    edited February 2014
    Options

PEOPLE WITH MENTAL PROBLEMS PLAY PWI?!?!

NEXT YOU'LL BE TELLING ME A BLACK MAN CAN BE PRESIDENT

People are gonna be mental with or without PK. The existence or non-existence of PK doesn't change this.
    deny it if you must b:cool

funny story:
    i once told a friend who joined a pvp server, if he liked pk so much, should i put a bounty on his head so pple can hunt him 24/7. He said i cant do that cause i dont have coins there. I told him theres a cash shop. He told me not to do that cause its mean. I told him im being considerate of his love of pvp and his exuberance to be on a pvp server.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    And from the same block you copy/pasted,

"The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement."

Really silly to quote ToS and not actually read it all the way through, yet attempt to claim that PWE staff who , according to ToS, can "change these guidelines at any time and in its sole discretion" are incorrect of their interpretation of it... when how THEY interpret it is the only one that matters.

Is it not the company's job to enforce the guidelines they originally created for the purpose of satisfying the customers? Although you can argue that it is up to their discretion, you can not argue that quest blocking is a form of harassment. I really do not want to find the thread about the entire harsh lands server being questblocked by a faction (people were banned from that). I can have a quotation war or simply say that since questblocking does impede gameplay, if you have sufficient proof taken inaction and you submit a ticket, something should be done to prevent your gameplay from being impeded.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    deny it if you must b:cool

funny story:
    i once told a friend who joined a pvp server, if he liked pk so much, should i put a bounty on his head so pple can hunt him 24/7. He said i cant do that cause i dont have coins there. I told him theres a cash shop. He told me not to do that cause its mean. I told him im being considerate of his love of pvp and his exuberance to be on a pvp server.

This sounds insanely fun, someone put a bounty on my mystic pls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Is it not the company's job to enforce the guidelines they originally created for the purpose of satisfying the customers? Although you can argue that it is up to their discretion, you can not argue that quest blocking is a form of harassment. I really do not want to find the thread about the entire harsh lands server being questblocked by a faction (people were banned from that). I can have a quotation war or simply say that since questblocking does impede gameplay, if you have sufficient proof taken inaction and you submit a ticket, something should be done to prevent your gameplay from being impeded.
    And by your same logic, denying someone who joined an explicitly labeled PvP server the freedom to PK is impeding the intended gameplay of a PvP server where any player outside of a safe zone can be killed at any time by any person or group of persons for any reason or no reason at all.

There is a VAST difference between harassment, something Longknife has given an example of, and... PKing at a quest spot because you know people will go there and want to actually get some PvP to occur.... on the PvP server.

And, as the ToS clearly states, it's up to PWE to decide where that line should be drawn... and they can redefine that line if and when they feel necessary.

Though I must admit I do find it ironic that some of these people would be the same ones to immediately jump on the "lol PvE servers can't PvP as good as us" angle in a discussion about PvP when they seem to be more averse to getting PK'd when not under their own terms.... making them essentially the same as the blue named players on PvE servers they'd put down so quickly when given the chance.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Totally gotta make a new PK montage now to celebrate... b:dirty
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This sounds insanely fun, someone put a bounty on my mystic pls.

5m to whoever kills _Nocturnal_ because he's a meany-pants. Must be world pvp. Cannot be in NW or TW. Must provide unedited screenshot (including damage log in this case) or video proof. You cannot be in anyway associated with Dark and you also can't be SyntherosX just because I said so.

Send all entries to my forum inbox. plzkthx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This is the first time that I disagree with you Sparkie. Killing someone endlessly is called a KOS (Kill On Sight), and is sometimes issued by people. I've even seen hits put out on people in game in such a manner, and the person who issues generally pays people every time the person is killed, until he is sufficiently satisfied.

This has been around for a very long time, and never have I seen a gaming company take any action against it. Most of the time if someone is getting KOS'ed by people, it is because they have behaved in a manner which brings it upon themselves.

This ISN'T harassment, it's playing with the big boys. By going on a PVP server, your taking your training wheels off and saying that I want to kill or be killed. If you go to a PVP server and flame, troll excessively, annoy people, or just talk smack, then this is going to happen.

Maybe we should just all start one big ticket war and send in tickets about someone who bypasses word filters to say swear words, send in tickets over those who constantly troll, who bully in world chat a little too much, etc. God knows if a ticket war is started, then half the PWI population should disappear. Come on, let's be fair.

It saddens me that people have to go around in games and **** people off, then turn around and QQ over it when people take action against them. This is an abomination, and to be quite frank, offends me as a gamer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I updated the original post. Basically what I've been told is that if you, the pk'er, continue to kill someone over and over, to the point of harassment, then we'll take action. If you happen to just get killed a few times, but nothing too serious, then we can't do anything. I know it's hard to understand, but that's the best I can explain it right now. Hope that helps.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I updated the original post. Basically what I've been told is that if you, the pk'er, continue to kill someone over and over, to the point of harassment, then we'll take action. If you happen to just get killed a few times, but nothing too serious, then we can't do anything. I know it's hard to understand, but that's the best I can explain it right now. Hope that helps.

Sparkie,

Say you and I are on a PVP server. You decide to say something slick which provokes me, and I kill you 200 times over the next 5 days. This is a KOS, in this case, a KOS which I decide to carry out myself.

This isn't harassment, and I've seen it in more games than I can count. In a PVP server, anything is fair. There really are no "rules". It's the point of a PVP server. In an MMO, a PVP server is supposed to be like the living gates of hell. It's cut throat, dirty, and is supposed to challenge a player. Don't like getting PK'ed endlessly? Go find another quest.

As I said, calling this harassment offends me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options

If I can make a minor suggestion, I believe a good wording for what you guys are looking for is that if a player attacks you repeatedly in a manner that is both malicious and personal, then that's a call for harassment.

Thing about random PK is that the PKers are legit just trying to coax people into fighting back so that they can enjoy the PK aspect of the game, so there's nothing personal or malicious about it. Someone who has a serious issue with a player to the point where they wanna stalk them or make their lives a living hell will make it crystal clear it's meant to be personal, it's meant to be hateful and it's meant to make them want to quit the game.

Should probably shut my mouth now though before I get "OMG LONGKNIFE BOUGHT OFF THE CM'S COMPLIANCE AND GOT THE RULE CHANGED" conspiracies, but yeah one thing law classes will teach you is that wording of rules and laws can make all the difference.
    Sparkie,

Say you and I are on a PVP server. You decide to say something slick which provokes me, and I kill you 200 times over the next 5 days. This is a KOS, in this case, a KOS which I decide to carry out myself.

This isn't harassment, and I've seen it in more games than I can count. In a PVP server, anything is fair. There really are no "rules". It's the point of a PVP server. In an MMO, a PVP server is supposed to be like the living gates of hell. It's cut throat, dirty, and is supposed to challenge a player. Don't like getting PK'ed endlessly? Go find another quest.

As I said, calling this harassment offends me.

The difference is basically in if you're actively hunting the person round the clock or if you happen to PK this person when you see them out of SZ or frequent spots they go to and maybe provoke fights here and there.

I don't think it's anything to worry about. The goal is to tick off your opponent with your example, not weird them out. If you cross that line and weird them out? You'll know it cause they'll act differently than the average rager, and I don't think any of us are actually out to weird out or creep out people, we just want some healthy competition.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This is the first time that I disagree with you Sparkie. Killing someone endlessly is called a KOS (Kill On Sight), and is sometimes issued by people. I've even seen hits put out on people in game in such a manner, and the person who issues generally pays people every time the person is killed, until he is sufficiently satisfied.

This has been around for a very long time, and never have I seen a gaming company take any action against it. Most of the time if someone is getting KOS'ed by people, it is because they have behaved in a manner which brings it upon themselves.

It saddens me that people have to go around in games and **** people off, then turn around and QQ over it when people take action against them. This is an abomination, and to be quite frank, offends me as a gamer.

There's a difference between being put on KOS and being harassed. For instance, there's quite a few people on the server you could say KOS me and try to kill me whenever they see me outside of sz. If we both end up at some area randomly, yeah, we'll go at it. Or if we're doing the same event, we'll fight. These people don't literally follow me around the map though as I port from place to place and attempt to pk me though. Doing so would qualify as harassment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    There's a difference between being put on KOS and being harassed. For instance, there's quite a few people on the server you could say KOS me and try to kill me whenever they see me outside of sz. If we both end up at some area randomly, yeah, we'll go at it. Or if we're doing the same event, we'll fight. These people don't literally follow me around the map though as I port from place to place and attempt to pk me though. Doing so would qualify as harassment.

This. There is a big difference and even if the wording is a bit vague, imo it should be. So people can't just try to maliciously attack someone around it. It's so that the ticket guys can tell the difference between someone being malicious and harassing someone, and someone just having some fun. Vague definitions with a rule such as this allows it to go by a case by case basis. And this is the type of rule that should only be enforced case by case, rather than just a wholesale refusal to allow it which defeats some of the reason to role a pvp server or "anything goes," even if it's so over the top the person is legitimately creeped out and really wants to quit the game because of it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Just a mini update. If it gets to the point that you are killing someone continually, non-stop, then we will consider it harassment, PvP server or not. If it's just a few times, or for a short amount, then it's fine.

short amount of time = how many minutes? b:pleased
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options

See, here's the thing. Following someone around the map and continuing to kill them is generally part of any major KOS. There is only one thing that constitutes harassment on a PVP server.

If I continually PM you and berate you, insult you, etc... then THAT is harassment. However, I am well within the boundaries of an MMO PVP server to follow you around, without saying a single word, and kill you to my heart's content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I get PK'd all the time. Sometimes I send a friendly message to the attackers as to why and they respond "faction", "rpk", "sin farming DQ from players", etc. All of this is part of the game and I have no problem with. I take none of it personally because it really isn't personal for me. I'm not the type of player that creates in-game drama and animosity with others.

There have been several times when the person PKing me stated that they wouldn't any more because they liked the fact I was friendly about it. A few even apologized for PKing me. I tell them there's no need to apologize because it is part of the game. I signed onto it when I chose to play on a PvP server.

I've been playing for nearly 5 years and camping to PK at quest areas has always been going on. Most of us on a PvP server did our quests around it. PK in primal world is no different. I do what I always done to deal with it. Quest around them.

But complaining and making threats to PKers may just be what they like. I had one that camped me in stealth while I was in a safe zone then PK me the instant I flew out. He did this 5 times. I sent him a happy face emote ever time and he PM'd me an angy emote complaining I was too happy. I responded stating that PK was just part of the game and I couldn't care less about it. I used the teleporter and went somewhere else to complete my quest.

I didn't let it get to me because I knew exactly that this person was trying to grief me and I gave him the opposite of what he wanted. So it was me who got 'a rise' out of that experience.

What it all boils down to is is if a person can't deal with being PKd then they have no business being on a PK server...friends or not. Deal with it or gtfo.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • needykiller
    needykiller Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    if ur out of sz and im doing quests... your gunna die. welcome to Lost City... where pvp means player vs player and im a player killing your player
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I get PK'd all the time. Sometimes I send a friendly message to the attackers as to why and they respond "faction", "rpk", "sin farming DQ from players", etc. All of this is part of the game and I have no problem with. I take none of it personally because it really isn't personal for me. I'm not the type of player that creates in-game drama and animosity with others.

There have been several times when the person PKing me stated that they wouldn't any more because they liked the fact I was friendly about it. A few even apologized for PKing me. I tell them there's no need to apologize because it is part of the game. I signed onto it when I chose to play on a PvP server.

I've been playing for nearly 5 years and camping to PK at quest areas has always been going on. Most of us on a PvP server did our quests around it. PK in primal world is no different. I do what I always done to deal with it. Quest around them.

But complaining and making threats to PKers may just be what they like. I had one that camped me in stealth while I was in a safe zone then PK me the instant I flew out. He did this 5 times. I sent him a happy face emote ever time and he PM'd me an angy emote complaining I was too happy. I responded stating that PK was just part of the game and I couldn't care less about it. I used the teleporter and went somewhere else to complete my quest.

I didn't let it get to me because I knew exactly that this person was trying to grief me and I gave him the opposite of what he wanted. So it was me who got 'a rise' out of that experience.

What it all boils down to is is if a person can't deal with being PKd then they have no business being on a PK server...friends or not. Deal with it or gtfo.

^ This. While I don't personally play on a PVP server in this game, I've done plenty of PK on other games. I play this game for relaxation, although I had started a toon on a PK server.

The difference between PVP and PVE server is like the difference between playing a First Person Shooter on Xbox Live or PS+, and playing it in an MLG championship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    if ur out of sz and im doing quests... your gunna die. welcome to Lost City... where pvp means player vs player and im a player killing your player

You should see Dark Correctional Facility.

We try to imprison as many people as possible at Dragon Tower story mode at quest reset. b:cute
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If PK on a PVP server is an expected part of an online game,

then complaints on a game in any server are also an expected human interaction of all mmo's

if you cant deal with PK, go to a PVE server

if you cant deal with complaints about PK, go to a PVE server

conclusion: 90% are closet carebears
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I think this thread has caused new red spam. b:surprised
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If PK on a PVP server is an expected part of an online game,

then complaints on a game in any server are also an expected human interaction of all mmo's

if you cant deal with PK, go to a PVE server

if you cant deal with complaints about PK, go to a PVE server

conclusion: 90% are closet carebears

I'm a care bear but I've never been in a closet about it. I tend to treat other players in-game the way I want to be treated. That's all. I don't care much for PKing. Only time I PK is when I see a cheating herb farming bot or during NW and TW but never mean to do that to other players when they are trying to farm, bot legitimately, or when they are doing a quest.

Some people get a kick out of making other players miserable. I get mine by helping other players play their game a little better even if it's just a bramble buff when they are taking melee DD from mobs. Either way it's still all part of the game.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm a care bear but I've never been in a closet about it. I tend to treat other players in-game the way I want to be treated. That's all. I don't care much for PKing. Only time I PK is when I see a cheating herb farming bot or during NW and TW but never mean to do that to other players when they are trying to farm, bot legitimately, or when they are doing a quest.

Some people get a kick out of making other players miserable. I get mine by helping other players play their game a little better even if it's just a bramble buff when they are taking melee DD from mobs. Either way it's still all part of the game.
    Yes of course, We players all realize there are other players that publicly open themselves with their nakkid glory upon the world, for the world, and for all to see
    b:cute
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    5m to whoever kills _Nocturnal_ because he's a meany-pants. Must be world pvp. Cannot be in NW or TW. Must provide unedited screenshot (including damage log in this case) or video proof. You cannot be in anyway associated with Dark and you also can't be SyntherosX just because I said so.

Send all entries to my forum inbox. plzkthx.

I'm gonna personally add another 5m to this bounty fund. That ***** mystic needs 2 die b:angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Lol certain players on this thread is so funny. Killing someone over and over 200 times or "KOS"ing people.

1) It's impossible to die to the same person 200 times, unless of course, you choose to run at the person and be insta killed on the spot. Let's say silver pool for example. IF you're there, you're basically saying "Please kill me".

2) "KOS"ing has been around forever. It happens between factions ALL the time. For example, on our server my faction (Dark) basically kills everybody out there while they are questing or not. BUT, we don't kill the same person over and over again until the point of harassment.

3) Following up with my previous point, it is literally impossible for a PK to become a "Harassment". If you're being followed everywhere you go, PK'd everytime you step out of SZ because someone is being paid or w/e to track you down, then that is harassment. But just because you're QUESTING, it doesn't become harassment.

Also @Boomz

Can you please actually read the ToS thoroughly first? Because your argument is flawed as hell. Also, are you seriously trying to go against an actual PWE staff who lives and breathes the "law" of PWI through the game?

Edit: Who likes our new CM? -Raises hand!-
  • Yukiino_Love - Lost City
    Yukiino_Love - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    "The only real rule when it comes to PK is you aren't allowed to harass to the point of keeping people from questing... which only applies on PvP servers and even then is a very loose rule (Anyone else on LC remember fun times trying to pick up and turn in quests at heaven's tear?).

For PvE servers, on the other hand, if they have PK mode enabled and are out of safe zone then they're fair game."

That is from a admin as well.. seems to be conflicting info.. A lot of the people killing the people trying to farm are to the point that it's harassment. I read the original tos.. it's mentioned what is considered harassment.
    I hate working with Customers b:angry
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

You're so right about some players trying to force you to react lol - RPKers especially are just trying to goad you into attacking them so they can beat you and hopefully drop something for them to steal. Pking for most of them is just a licence to harass and mug other people weaker than them.

Like you I started on LC 5 yrs ago but unlike you I soon got fed up with the PVP-minded minority (yes its a minority) and left with a friend to start again on Dreamweaver where a good game isn't ruined by a few people and you can play in peace.