Pk'ing on a PvP Server [Update]

Options

Comments

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I like Sparkie.

However, this is a topic that I don't agree with him on. There is no possible thing as harassing someone by PKing them on a PVP server. I don't care how many times you kill them, in how short of a time you do it, or if you follow them on the map. It's part of the game. It's part of the server. It's part of PVP.

Stopping someone from leveling is a legitimate strategy. It's eliminating the competition before they become competition. I'm sure something along those lines is even mentioned in the Art of War. Isn't this game Chinese based? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I like Sparkie.

However, this is a topic that I don't agree with him on. There is no possible thing as harassing someone by PKing them on a PVP server. I don't care how many times you kill them, in how short of a time you do it, or if you follow them on the map. It's part of the game. It's part of the server. It's part of PVP.

Stopping someone from leveling is a legitimate strategy. It's eliminating the competition before they become competition. I'm sure something along those lines is even mentioned in the Art of War. Isn't this game Chinese based? b:chuckle

I could not disagree with you more. I like that PWI says the KOS is fine but outright stalking someone and following them everywhere they go for hours and days on end until they quit the game isn't okay. Even if you don't like someone, they shouldn't allow you to take it too far and run off customers especially in a game with a lower population. I mean I don't get why having a rivalry where you just kill them every time you see them isn't enough. :P KOS is already a thing people do. There isn't any reason to allow them to follow you everywhere for hours and hours as well.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I could not disagree with you more. I like that PWI says the KOS is fine but outright stalking someone and following them everywhere they go for hours and days on end until they quit the game isn't okay. Even if you don't like someone, they shouldn't allow you to take it too far and run off customers especially in a game with a lower population. I mean I don't get why having a rivalry where you just kill them every time you see them isn't enough. :P KOS is already a thing people do. There isn't any reason to allow them to follow you everywhere for hours and hours as well.

Isn't it just called using a teleporter? I mean, there's many places you can go to get away from said people, it can't be that hard to get away from someone. Teleport stones make this even easier.

I tend to think that there's not a player in the game that will hunt one person for hours on end in the manner that your describing. If they do, then they really have no life. However, I would chase someone for 30 minutes, if they get on my bad side.

To me, it's a hard lesson learned. You mess with me, I'll deal with it. It actually takes a lot for me to say that I'm going to KOS someone, but afterwards, the chances that your gonna mess with me that bad again are slim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Isn't it just called using a teleporter? I mean, there's many places you can go to get away from said people, it can't be that hard to get away from someone. Teleport stones make this even easier.

I tend to think that there's not a player in the game that will hunt one person for hours on end in the manner that your describing. If they do, then they really have no life. However, I would chase someone for 30 minutes, if they get on my bad side.

To me, it's a hard lesson learned. You mess with me, I'll deal with it. It actually takes a lot for me to say that I'm going to KOS someone, but afterwards, the chances that your gonna mess with me that bad again are slim.

Yea it would be rare, but it does happen. Not to long ago had someone on the forums complaining about someone abusing an alt on a friends list of someone to do just that. :P Having a rule in place that allows them determine what is happening at their discretion and make common sense judgement is smart. And again that's different than just killing someone when you see them.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Fonderton - Archosaur
    Fonderton - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Fixed.
    this is clearly NOT what the gm had stated..thats just what you believe they would do..however i doubt the gms would..LIE to us directly..but thats just me
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Just a mini update. If it gets to the point that you are killing someone continually, non-stop, then we will consider it harassment, PvP server or not. If it's just a few times, or for a short amount, then it's fine.
    honestly i believe that he/she has a very valid point..however i would consider to the degree of harassment being involved from a persons words..not their actions in game..if ya just don't like being pked..then don't play on pk servers..by entering pvp/pk servers..you acknowledge that you are fair game to any1..many complaints of similar things have also been made on WoW servers and forums..
    i think it should be defined as to what harassment means to the gms..not only by regular standards..but also by the laws of the pk server

i agree..just because you can do it..doesn't mean that you should..as simple logic of life as well..just because you can break the law..doesn't mean that you should..
    no matter what the tactics are for it or whatever it does not change the fact that the gms have clearly stated..its over the line..and thats that..same thing with killing a person irl the tactic is to remove the competition..sounds like something a gangsta would say eh?..(sorry to say such a lethal thing..but as my mind is on killing all these one man army quest mobs..hey grow up death is nothing new)
    if one doesn't like it..then don't play on pk servers..or simply don't play at all..good players are better then duchebags who break the laws of pwi
    i myself have been in this game for 6 years..you'd be surprised how many things in gaming can also be related to real life..it also shames me ..that people think that..ITS JUST A GAME..i hear this alot..but..that is only HALF true..yes..the rpg part is JUST A GAME..but there is also REAL PEOPLE that play this game..while i do understand wanting to be something your not irl..you should expect to get treated as such..as well by any and all players..
    in light of this..harassment is clearly not tolerated..two wrongs don't make a right they say..if one cannot find a balance..that is their problems..and no1 is at fault but themselves..regardless of what they believe..and if they get banned for it..that is of course..the gms final decision..and no matter how much ya QQ about it..it is what it is and only the gms may make the final decision to change their minds of course..
    we choose to play this game..and as such if one gets upset over it..thats their own folly..
    i was upset over a player stealing one of my treasure chests from a new daily..course i do intend to get them back for it..in pk or nw..idc which
    but basically..out of all this..my whole point is that..to have fun..play the game your way..and don't be a duchebag and try to stop others from playing it..its ok to pk..as they've stated..but not to the degree of harassment..and if players cannot respect that..it is but their problem only
    (my apologies to the grammar **** out there..so long as you can understand and read what i say..i could care less about spelling accuracy)
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Lol, this is beyond my comprehension. If people choose to be in PK mode, why are there _so_many_ people_ crying when someone kills them? I play PvE server, but as far as I'm concerned, the PK "rules" apply there too. If you're in PK mode, you're fair game to anyone. Stop qq'ing about it. If it bothers you, then dont go white name. Gosh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    All this discussion for a simple topic... smh

Once upon a time there was a new mmorpg. It was called Perfect World. People knew how to behave themselves and it was good.

Seriously? PvP is kill or be killed. We know that and that is why it is open world PvP.
    However, most of the players weren't that prickish to kill the same person over and over and over...

See someone out and about? Try em out and see who dies. A friendly tempest into a group of people? Do your best and expect some ribbing. It was friendly... you would laugh, make friends and even learn how to PvP. If someone dropped something big, you returned it. If they were snotty, you held it for a few mins then returned it. If you were doing your culti, just a mention of "hey all, doing my culti" in general chat would get you safe passage.

For the past few years I've noticed a new type of player. They have power and absolutely no common sense or discretion. Where there used to be an unspoken code of honor in PvP, it has been replaced with juvenile mentality and rudeness. It is because of the latter that future mmorpg PvP will be forever changed. We see it now in other titles using sPvP formats. Open world PvP will soon be a memory.

What should be common sense and fair play is rare these days. The fact that this thread is necessary is proof. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    -Just a mini update. If it gets to the point that you are killing someone continually, non-stop, then we will consider it harassment, PvP server or not. If it's just a few times, or for a short amount, then it's fine.

I think it would be good to determine at least approximatley how many is a few, or give a measurement in time how long a "short amount" is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I think it would be good to determine at least approximatley how many is a few, or give a measurement in time how long a "short amount" is.
    If I ever have to edit your quotes, I am not keeping in the colors. b:laugh

It's actually better to leave this vague because if it were made specific and public we'd then have people who grief just enough to be under the limit given. Considering how people already act towards the rules as is when they're the way they are so things can be done on a case-by-case basis, it wouldn't exactly be pleasant when we suddenly had people able to easily exploit the super specific rule and then justify themselves with it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    If I ever have to edit your quotes, I am not keeping in the colors. b:laugh

It's actually better to leave this vague because if it were made specific and public we'd then have people who grief just enough to be under the limit given. Considering how people already act towards the rules as is when they're the way they are so things can be done on a case-by-case basis, it wouldn't exactly be pleasant when we suddenly had people able to easily exploit the super specific rule and then justify themselves with it.

I don't believe in vague rules. Rules need to be concrete and to the point.
    Thou shall not kill.

Simple as that. Concrete with no room for loopholes. This way, everyone knows if they are or aren't being good citizens of the game, and no one ever has to wonder... Am I allowed to do this? I've asked myself that question several times in the time I've played this game, due to this very issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't believe in vague rules. Rules need to be concrete and to the point.

Basic analogy for people like you that seem to not get it:

Say you had an ugly break up with someone.

Say they show up with their new date to a restaurant you happen to be at at the time and they were totally unaware that you'd be there. They will not be arrested for that.

Say, instead of that, they start to park their car outside of your house and watch it for hours on end and then follow you where ever you go. That is not okay. That is stalking and they will be arrested if you have documentation of it.

This is pretty much the difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Uh in DW we kinda have similar problem.
    There r few ppl who tend to PK other while they trying to do daily quest in primal.
    Its not just one or two times..but constantly
    Or just aoe the npc where ppl spawn near or enter the New instance :/

Even some other random ppl r complaining about them in WC and pointing out that r9rr+12 killing g15 (barely g16) non stop is just rude.

Yah its a QQing on WC but..put ur self in their place..u being g15 and some r9rr+12 pk u non stop, how would u feel? who would of know that pk-fun could turn into such a..hell

Not sure if they send ticket about it or not. (since it seems like harassment)
    But if they did ;D well i hope those rude ppl will get banned ;D at least for a while
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ok.

We each had a choice whether to join a pve or pvp server.. True.

If a person is RANDOMLY killed in pvp or pk mode, that's a part of the design, and not something that they should be banned for. Also true.

When a person is camped, and basically farmed, making the gameplay virtually inaccessible, that's an issue that needs to be addressed. That IS a form of harassment. Imagine playing nation wars, and everytime you try to do anything, a player that's much stronger than you, and kills you repeatedly. You're not going to get anything done. Its the same story for world pvp. Personally, I don't even bother to access pk mode aside from the caravan quest, due to griefers and people who pk me.

Consider this. If you were that low leveled character, that undergeared toon...how would you feel to have the 40k hp barb come and arma your level 30 wizzie repeatedly.

The issue of coin was brought up, but honestly, not all players have coin all of the time. Heck, even on Serenity, I was so broke that I couldn't afford to port from outside abba to the exit. Same story for teleport stones. Not all players have them, and they shouldn't be forced to use them honestly.

Killing someone in pk mode or on a pvp server is understandable. Its part of the game. Farming them is the issue. When you make the game practically unplayable for others by following them around, constantly killing them, and just being a jerk about it, that's when its a major issue.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That's when you just get archer squads after them. Create a war over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    When you make the game practically unplayable for others by following them around, constantly killing them, and just being a jerk about it, that's when its a major issue.

Hate ppl who do that ;/ and i feel sorry for those who r being farmed like that
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thou shall not kill.
    Simple as that. Concrete with no room for loopholes. This way, everyone knows if they are or aren't being good citizens of the game, and no one ever has to wonder... Am I allowed to do this? I've asked myself that question several times in the time I've played this game, due to this very issue.

On the contrary there are loopholes.

Cops/fbi agents/any other law enforcement officer/not to mention the army can and has 'killed' in the line of duty in order to keep the public safe. (they essentially have a license to kill, but aye they always do some investigating to make sure the killing was 'justified.' .. or at least as far as the fbi/cops, etc goes... I don't think they do it in the midst of a war torn country unless there is major reason to do so. I.e Killing of innocent civilians.)

Sure it doesn't change the fact that killing is wrong, but it is.. justified in those scenarios, (for the most part.. the cops/fbi/etc.) the death of one is clearly the better option if it means saving the many. (I am paraphrasing a quote/saying.)

There are even laws where for example, if you were threatening me/my family. Then I could use the necessary force to stop you, even if it results in you dying. (The same could be said if the roles were reversed and I was threatening you/your family.) (edit:) What I mean is this... I, nor you would stop and think hmm... "thou shall not kill" if you deem it necessary to defend yourself, to the point where you kill me, whether its on an "accident" or not... or even vice versa, we will think undoubtedly think about the consequences late, or we may very well risk our lives, or the lives of our loved ones.

As that old saying goes, every rule has it's exceptions.

---

EDIT: As far as the original topic/discussion.

I really do agree with what venus, and OP said.

It should be vague, if it isn't/weren't people would undoubtedly abuse it. (I am sure some people will push it even now just to see how far they can go, but it will be limited.) I wouldn't be surprised if people are already doing it/will continue to do it, because of pwi's arguable lack of noticeable bans/doing anything to the rule breakers. People are still rightfully questioning just how much pwi is enforcing their rules/how much they are actually sticking to their 'word'/punishment to those who do break the rules.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    As far as repeated PK on an advertized PvP server being harassment or griefing all I can say is just lol, and being a bit vague does make sense to me, because there are always exceptions to the rules and each case should be judged on its merits, this is why we have a court based legal system in Real Life instead of mandatory sentencing for most things.

But this then leads me to another question,
    If you joined an advertized PvE server and then am forced into PK mode doing some quests,
    are you then able to sue the company for false advertising?,
    Not that I am going too, because I just do not care, but I am curious how your American law stands on this (Aussie here), and am curious as to what sort of can of worms this may open if someone else tried.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    There's a band of people in the the 2 time consecutive TW land winning faction and current map leaders in Dreamweaver, trying to get me banned for pk'ing them while in pk mode. It's a pve server and they have the option to change lol. I really hope people like this aren't taken seriously.

As far as harassment, how about the hate pm's and wc bs from these cowards who chose to go in pk mode and then cry about it. I think all the swearing and pm spam should be the real reason for people to be banned.

Anyways i'll keep pking these idiots long as they make the conscious choice to go into pk mode on a pve server and leave the safe zone.

Thanks <3
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    There's a band of people in the the 2 time consecutive TW land winning faction and current map leaders in Dreamweaver, trying to get me banned for pk'ing them while in pk mode. It's a pve server and they have the option to change lol. I really hope people like this aren't taken seriously.

As far as harassment, how about the hate pm's and wc bs from these cowards who chose to go in pk mode and then cry about it. I think all the swearing and pm spam should be the real reason for people to be banned.

Anyways i'll keep pking these idiots long as they make the conscious choice to go into pk mode on a pve server and leave the safe zone.

Thanks <3

its not really about those big factions..but ppl who been complaining r in small faction and barely tt99/g15/g16 (yes i asked them)

They were pked for fun..and pked more because they QQed in WC before they talk to officer (as mentioned in WC)
    As they even mentioned in WC - officers werent much polite (idk which ones)

I saw some of that kinda actions too..I do understand the hate for big guild members..but cm on..what did those g15 do to u?..cant they have fun in pk not being bullied by some1 r9rr?

Aoe-ing on npc (the npc for new instance - not in safe zone) i kept seeing g15/g16 going and trying to enter so many times ..then BAM aoe..if u need those mobs why aoe next to npc..why u dont go somewhere else? there r TONS of them. Yes they did QQ on WC- maybe that was only way to get attention . (im not saying it was u kal)

PK Supposed to be fun, why to make lil player game as hell?
    Those g15 players will be the ones who will try to get some banned.
    Why dont u pick on some1 ur own size? (more like strength lol)

I dont wanna offend any1.. if i did...well sorry..but i feel really bad for those small players (this is like school when older kids bully smaller ones)

Lets all be nice to each other
  • innocencex
    innocencex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Thanks <3

There is a clear difference between random PK and you purposefully going to the convoy numerous times a day to kill players from your rival faction and anyone else that happens to be there, effectively stopping them from being able to complete the quest. If it was a one-off while questing like you were just looking for PK I could understand as that fits with PK mode but you choose to go around preying on people that are far below your gear level and you cannot see why they're not interested in fighting you? It's players like you why PK on PvE servers dry up and a lot of players stopped going into PK mode ages ago. -snip-
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    JackieK - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I for one am glad players on pvp servers harrass other players of lower level and hinder their progression and possibly run them from the game or to another server. It's the community activley destroying itself, and it is beautiful. If you can't play on a pvp, come over to a pve server where you won't be harrased as much and might actually reach what is considered end came content eventually, we still have pvp as an option(Sanctuary Rules).

Sounds lameb:chuckle
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    And from the same block you copy/pasted,

"The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement."

Really silly to quote ToS and not actually read it all the way through, yet attempt to claim that PWE staff who , according to ToS, can "change these guidelines at any time and in its sole discretion" are incorrect of their interpretation of it... when how THEY interpret it is the only one that matters.

LMFAO...OWNED by Mods Boomz Sit the **** Down in the corner and cry
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    innocencex wrote: »
    There is a clear difference between random PK and you purposefully going to the convoy numerous times a day to kill players from your rival faction and anyone else that happens to be there, effectively stopping them from being able to complete the quest. If it was a one-off while questing like you were just looking for PK I could understand as that fits with PK mode but you choose to go around preying on people that are far below your gear level and you cannot see why they're not interested in fighting you? It's players like you why PK on PvE servers dry up and a lot of players stopped going into PK mode ages ago.

On the subject of banning though, you should be banned for the simple fact that is not your account and you bought it from the original player (Pokapoka) then changed the name. I'm pretty sure that is a ToS violation. :)

So what if I pk the members from the top TW faction in server, there's a lot more of you than there are me. I have to check the convoy periodically because I don't have an hour to sit and camp it until it spawns only to have 10 other ppl in pk mode aoe all the mobs.
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Lol, this is beyond my comprehension. If people choose to be in PK mode, why are there _so_many_ people_ crying when someone kills them? I play PvE server, but as far as I'm concerned, the PK "rules" apply there too. If you're in PK mode, you're fair game to anyone. Stop qq'ing about it. If it bothers you, then dont go white name. Gosh.

White names arent protected on pvp servers lol they're actually bigger targets for people who like/want to be red named.
    Being white named on a pvp server will keep some (who dont want a red name) from shooting you, but wont stop others (who like being red named/dont care about it)

For instance the people who pk at SP Can typically pk without gaining any hours because its active fighting so everyone get atleast a pink name, so it wont hand people out hours for pk. But the people this is directed at is the rpkers, the ones who will go to quest spots and shoot you just for the hell of it. These people dont care wtf color your name is they just want something to shoot at. So it dont matter if you're white pink red or w/e the hell color your name is rpkers will shoot you nonetheless
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this stickied and basically announced and rubbed in everyone's face so I can stop getting hopelessly delusional PMs all the time.

I can also proudly say I was involved in the PK that helped spark this thread. My PWI toon can die happy now knowing he served his country. b:cry

GLORY TO MOTHER RUSSIA! \o/

Dafuq resolution is that b:chuckle has the shape of a cellphone

I'll admit you were being a ****, but not breaking the rules(What rules?!).... so~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

But if your NOT rolling on a PvP server & opt for a PvE server, why is it that PWI have made a quest in Primal that you can only do in PK mode?

Just seems a bit contradictory to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    But if your NOT rolling on a PvP server & opt for a PvE server, why is it that PWI have made a quest in Primal that you can only do in PK mode?

Just seems a bit contradictory to me

PWI doesn't make the quests. PW-CN does since they have the devs.... and their servers (for F2P version of the game) are all PvP since that's the way the game was designed. So while we have issues from PvE servers, as far as they're concerned it's all working as intended since they -don't- have the option to not be in PK mode.

Meaning we have to wait on them sending us a patch for a PvE based fix when they feel like getting around to it. There's not much PWI can do about that.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

So what about PvE Server:
    Flowsilver Palace and other instances where people leave squad for a brief second to pk a few people, making them miss the boss kill/quest completion? Also not once, but pretty much every time they join a run.
  • innocencex
    innocencex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So what if I pk the members from the top TW faction in server, there's a lot more of you than there are me. I have to check the convoy periodically because I don't have an hour to sit and camp it until it spawns only to have 10 other ppl in pk mode aoe all the mobs.

As amusing as it would be to think the top geared seeker on the server is concerned about being KS'd doing the convoy quest I doubt that would happen for two reasons, a seeker's AoE skillset and the fact that you kill anyone white-named who happens to be there.

You already revealed your mentality for PKing and that it is personal towards certain players:

Which is more or less what you do, check the convoy quest area for white-names or hunt down players from a rival faction in PK-mode when you find out they're out of safezone. This doesn't count as random PK, you are specifically targeting and going after some players at every opportunity and sure they can turn PK mode off but they should be able to be white-named for a quest or to PK with friends and not get continually hounded by someone who just wants to act like a thug every time they leave safezone. How many in PK mode on the server do this? Aside from a few others in your faction, not many, and those that want to PK do so in areas like outside West Archosaur where players who are looking for PvP are hanging out rather than questing areas.
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    innocencex wrote: »
    As amusing as it would be to think the top geared seeker on the server is concerned about being KS'd doing the convoy quest I doubt that would happen for two reasons, a seeker's AoE skillset and the fact that you kill anyone white-named who happens to be there.

You already revealed your mentality for PKing and that it is personal towards certain players:

Which is more or less what you do, check the convoy quest area for white-names or hunt down players from a rival faction in PK-mode when you find out they're out of safezone. This doesn't count as random PK, you are specifically targeting and going after some players at every opportunity and sure they can turn PK mode off but they should be able to be white-named for a quest or to PK with friends and not get continually hounded by someone who just wants to act like a thug every time they leave safezone. How many in PK mode on the server do this? Aside from a few others in your faction, not many, and those that want to PK do so in areas like outside West Archosaur where players who are looking for PvP are hanging out rather than questing areas.

QQ hiding behind an alt because you're likely r9rr josd and cant play your toon. I pk the top faction on server and hardly anyone else, so don't talk about gear lvls. For the extra 100 vitae a day, you should be at your own risk to change into pk mode. 100 vitae is not essential to progression in the game, which is what the harassment offense declares. Also, this thread in general is now being used an excuse to attempt to get people banned while the people writing the tickets are free to go pk whoever they please. It's basically just people teaming up and seeing who can complain and cry to GM's the most.