New "stun" skill effect

Options

Comments

• Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I think you'll find I replied to this thread before you ever did.

Stalking you? Eh.. you happen to rear your head in forums I visit, even ones where a blademaster is unwelcome.

I've contributed my piece already. I'm amazed you managed to type a post without bringing your wife up. Gold star!

Why does his wife matter to you that much?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There is far more to the game than just end game play. (As I have pointed out else where if the game play on a class is intolerable people are bound to leave the class behind for another class.... doesn't that sound like a class to SOME of you? *coughbmcough* )

I think its asinine to ignore that point... there are people of all gear levels/experience out there in mass pvp... and imho their should be enough of an incentive for each class to remain on their class all the way through to the end. (I and other bms obviously do not feel that there is enough incentive to keep playing their bm and get r9/r93r on it... now obviously not all of the bms who have quit their bm and went to a new class share my opinion... but a lot (A lot is not all!) of bms do seem to share my opinion.)

It is quite sad imho when despite me feeling the most comfortable on my bm in pve... (hell i even felt comfortable going into mass pvp with my bm.. but then after being in there for a bit... I could see clearly how much easier other classes have it... and yes that was pre end game play... still I find it sad/wrong that there isn't enough of a incentive for MOST bms to stick through the rough times, and get the better gear/survivability FOR the bm... and not migrating to a new class.)

The problem w/ arguments that take into account gear difference is that they are always going to sound something like "QQ MY CLASS SUCKS Y ERYONE KILL ME", when the problem is more than likely just the gear difference.

Even taking into account the prevalent gear differences in this game, BM's have always had a use in PvP...even a BM wielding a level 1 sword can IG, run into a group and stun/HF . You will even notice in many TW factions, support classes like BMs and Venos are often able to get away w/ having lower gear than other classes.

The classes that really tend to suffer from being undergeared are DD classes. Nobody wants some G13 +3 archer endlessly proc'ing some stupid enemy caster's purify and making it impossible for the capable DD's to kill the damn thing as it runs circles around everybody. As a DD, you are expected to invest in your weapon, and to have enough killing power to be considered competent. You will have a much more difficult time being considered useful as an undergeared DD than as an undergeared BM/veno/cleric/barb.

I forget what this thread is about
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I think you'll find I replied to this thread before you ever did.

Stalking you? Eh.. you happen to rear your head in forums I visit, even ones where a blademaster is unwelcome.

I've contributed my piece already. I'm amazed you managed to type a post without bringing your wife up. Gold star!

I'm not aware of any class restrictions on the boards, however if it will save your delicate feelings I'll switch to my venomancer avatar before ever daring to post in the sacred veno sub forum again.

I'll go message a mod and ask them to clean your off topic flames/spam.

@ Quille, i just read your reply about archers attacking mag marrow BMs. Would you mind sharing your gear info?

Also, I agree with you that when inviting classes to faction for TW purposes, both blademasters and venos can be relatively effective at their srun/amp/purge roles even with poor gear.

That being said, i think the topic is whether or not an unblockable stun is warranted; and i think it is.

The stun has a cd and 1 spark requirement for BMs and doesn't have a 100% proc rate for barbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Oh Nick, you're too kind to me f:cute

If a r9+12 blademaster feels they are weak then I don't even know what to say. Marrows increase both magic and physical defence to much more than classes of the opposite attack style. The ability to stunlock more superior than any class in the game, except perhaps sins, heavens flame, leaps, pulls.. that's not weak. You have a skill that hits through defence levels. I can understand barbs needing a stun skill that's not total ****, but BMs already have their fair share of stunning skills.

and @mart, thats a hideous font choice. if it's even mart on Lapp, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Options

If a r9+12 blademaster feels they are weak then I don't even know what to say. Marrows increase both magic and physical defence to much more than classes of the opposite attack style. The ability to stunlock more superior than any class in the game, except perhaps sins, heavens flame, leaps, pulls.. that's not weak. You have a skill that hits through defence levels. I can understand barbs needing a stun skill that's not total ****, but BMs already have their fair share of stunning skills.

We give up a stun skill for it.
    We don't gain any extra.
    In fact, demon BMs trade a longer stun for a shorter one with the upgrade

Blademasters having the lowest damage of any class in the game isn't about how anyone feels. It's fact.

They can rival a barbs damage by giving up 3/4 weapon paths and all hope of ever actually hitting their targets but that's it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Options
    We give up a stun skill for it.
    We don't gain any extra.
    In fact, demon BMs trade a longer stun for a shorter one with the upgrade

Give up a stun skill to gain a still significant 7-second stun skill (damn that unintentional alliteration) that's unable to be resisted? 15 second cooldown, and one spark. The only reason I consider this new skill OP is the lack of important cooldown (psy spirit phalanx is three minutes) and the fact it cannot be resisted. Change one of these things, it's fine. With these two factors there's no denying it's OP.

edit: what does a stun even have to do with BMs crappy or not crappy damage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

It is and who else would it be
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The problem w/ arguments that take into account gear difference is that they are always going to sound something like "QQ MY CLASS SUCKS Y ERYONE KILL ME", when the problem is more than likely just the gear difference.

Even taking into account the prevalent gear differences in this game, BM's have always had a use in PvP...even a BM wielding a level 1 sword can IG, run into a group and stun/HF . You will even notice in many TW factions, support classes like BMs and Venos are often able to get away w/ having lower gear than other classes.

The classes that really tend to suffer from being undergeared are DD classes. Nobody wants some G13 +3 archer endlessly proc'ing some stupid enemy caster's purify and making it impossible for the capable DD's to kill the damn thing as it runs circles around everybody. As a DD, you are expected to invest in your weapon, and to have enough killing power to be considered competent. You will have a much more difficult time being considered useful as an undergeared DD than as an undergeared BM/veno/cleric/barb.

I forget what this thread is about

:$ *embrassed*

Your definitely right about the "QQ" part... no matter how much I feel it's justified others will undoubtedly just see it as QQ/not worthy of being taking seriously.

--

Aye I also agree about the tw bit... hell tbh I have been around in this game for quite some time... I didnt QQ about bms before NW came out.

It is so much harder to do things in nw... even when in a group... chances of you getting seperated in nw is quite real.. and in all likely hood going to happen at least a few times in an nw... especially if your in a losing nation/are getting killed more often than your team mates. There really is a lot of things that makes a bm struggle significantly in NW. (It kind of got swayed into a discussion about mass pvp for various reasons... maybe because it served as a loophole to 'bring it up' anywhere people try to bring up 'good' but ultimately flawed points.)

---

As for the last bit about DD classes suffering more than a melee/bm... yea I still believe my opinion on that is the correct one. (DD's (casters/archers) have... well I have brought that up a lot haven't I?) Still all classes have things that are useful for them/others... and for some people that is all they need to see to make them believe another class is better off than theirs, and yes this can apply to me as well.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Give up a stun skill to gain a still significant 7-second stun skill (damn that unintentional alliteration) that's unable to be resisted? 15 second cooldown, and one spark. The only reason I consider this new skill OP is the lack of important cooldown (psy spirit phalanx is three minutes) and the fact it cannot be resisted. Change one of these things, it's fine. With these two factors there's no denying it's OP.

edit: what does a stun even have to do with BMs crappy or not crappy damage?

If you'd read, i already said.
    Blademasters need to keep someone in place for a significant duration (assuming equal gears) in order to kill them as we are a melee class with low damage.

To compensate for assassins having similar stunlocking ability and incredibly high damage PWE updated genie skills to break stuns, gave psys counter buffs, and released purify proc.

This hurt BMs incredibly, which is why the new stun is warranted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Options
    If you'd read, i already said.
    Blademasters need to keep someone in place for a significant duration (assuming equal gears) in order to kill them as we are a melee class with low damage.

To compensate for assassins having similar stunlocking ability and incredibly high damage PWE updated genie skills to break stuns, gave psys counter buffs, and released purify proc.

This hurt BMs incredibly, which is why the new stun is warranted

I love pwi logic. Something is OP - better release something even more OP to nerf the OPness of the previous OP thing. opopopopop. power creep ftw.

BMs aren't the weaklings you're making them out to be. They do not need a stun that makes normal game mechanics obsolete [antistun pots]. For all your flaws you are neither unskilled nor stupid, so the fact you don't agree this type of unblockable stun is OP is.. silly.

and @mart i've seen threads and posts in which my ex-Glorious Leader uses his sin alt to promote his point or make himself look better. it's quite funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    let's wait until a lot of bm got this skill and try to fight one of the bm, or if anyone already did, please tell your experience fighting a bm with this new stun skill, how was it ?
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Both stuns are worrisome buuuut... the barb one is way worse, I think. For one, its a lot easier for more barbs to get. And 2, the very low cds, high % duration (4 seconds out of every 5), etc.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    They keep creating imbalance in this game, first, by creating 5 aps, then they decided to kill it by adding pugong buff for both pve and pvp, give every class morai skills to counter it, purify with high proc (with hefty price, since the free one has low proc), now this.

It's kinda acceptable for unbreakable immobilize for barb to keep ranged in reach, both can still deal damage, but unbreakable stun is very op. Bm already got 2 morai skills for dealing with range, jump to target or pull the target, now bm got this new stun, and a ranged stun, and the old 79 skill with silence.

Is the immobilize for sin and barb's immobilize if stun doesnt proc unbreakable too ?

Unbreakable Immobilize for sin is nightmare, with sin's high dps and target kept in range, a locked target is a sure kill, just like before morai skills enter game. They should make crit and berserk/gof won't happen at the same time. With more stats now, light armor class will get more crits too.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I swear you always manage to bring up "your wife" in every post regardless of the content, lmao.

BMs are in no way the weakest class ingame especially at endgame.

I would not say are weak, but i would say their damage can be really sucky at times(70% of the time)b:chuckle

I guess alot just scared of this stun cause it tend to give a Bm chance to land a big zerk crit.. But what if the bm is unlucky during this stun time an not get a single crit nor a zerk an worst of all actually miss
    Bahamas represent
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Okay, let's say it IS too OP, but really...my best friend forever played a HP/tank barb. The average (not OP-geared) HP barb got the shaft hard when casters nirvana was released. They were no longer needed in regular nirvana (5 aps squads only), and they were not useful in casters nirvana.

I personally feel any barbs that survived the like 2 years of only being needed/useful to pull Catapults in TW and to tank your BH deserves this stun - at least the joy of it for a little while. As my friend's friend is reported to have said, "I can slap you...and maybe leave a red mark." b:chuckle

Casters are pokey, and Im told no longer able to fight and fly in places like TW. Barbs and almost all melee classes are not pokey. That could eventually prove to be devastating for caster classes IF its true they cannot break the stun.

Anyone tried Energy Leech while under the effect of this new skill stun? b:surrender
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    How about me then?
    I am full R9.3+10 armor and +12 weapon. Full Vit Stone shards.
    Emperor Tome
    all that jazz

I also play barb, seeker, psychic, sin, cleric, & venomancer

I have 662 str, 200 dex w/ my gears. I have 3 base vit, My HP is 23,316 unbuffed

short of getting better adds on my ornaments, going full deity stones, or getting better new cards I have no way to increase my damage beyond what it is.

Blademasters have the lowest end game damage out of every single class in the game.
    Hell, my wife's veno is in full NV3 +10 w/ +10 r9.3 weapon and her damage index is higher than mine is.

At end game, killing another end game class as a Blademaster is improbable if they are full buffed. You must successfully purge.
    In equal gears, a wizard has more Pdef than a BM does, more Mdef, & more attack when full buffed for example.

Blademasters rely on stun/cc skills to disable the opponent and/or keep them in place in order to have a long enough duration of time to DD for a kill. Purify weapons, genies, and dormant buffs (psychics) have made this very very difficult. Those updates (yes genies received additional updates to anti-stun skills post tideborn era) were made to counter the ridiculousness of sins, but effectively gimped blademasters.

u are a sage bm and prolly the joke of all cs bms on lc server nuff' said.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvP0Uf1Fr9c
    Aww poor quilue :( Hey, at least I don't have r999 so you won't die from my smack.

Cheze you still play?

Aren't you peeps happy that those sins didn't get a paralyze skill effect? If not, continue QQing.

PURIFY IS STILL TOO OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm some lc bm that has never been seen by anyone talking? ragequit much and rerolled a sin? b:surrender
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Says the BM...
    Not every class is made of CC ability. My only Control skills have chances to miss and fail, long CD's and 1 costs a spark. This is a problem for me because I have no other counter to this new "stun"

I'm a Dex-genie-using archer and I tend to be kitey as **** because my gears are mediocre compared to some of the **** I'm expected to kill, but what can I do vs a barb w/ this skill? My only viable counter is to try to keep my distance from this 9m/s+ speed beast that isn't by any means just going to flop over and die like a punk-*** if I unleash my full archer fury of a whopping 4 metal attacks (which can MISS). And w/ the spammability of this barb skill, once he gets up to me, there's little I can do to save my sorry self.
    But this barb can also zerk crit(which will easily mean death for me) and now has an almost spammable skill that provides the means to keep me stunlocked for almost all eternity.

My other alternative is to AD, really? I'm going to have to disable my genie and use a long cd skill to resist a stun that a barb can get out again completely free of any penalty whatsoever in just a couple more seconds?

You need to gain some experience w/ this new stuff before you can even pretend that your old experience has any credibility in this situation.
    Says the archer from a pve server lol. Yes I'm am saying your bad if you can't do that. I've seen archers who can. So stop crying and work on your skills. It's a magical thing called kiting, you should try it sometime *facepalm*
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Says the archer from a pve server lol

lol@Harshlands player trying to say they're on a PvP server. My grandma can PvP better than you wannabes.

You realize how absolutely stupid "X server" arguments sound yet? They completely destroy any validity your posts have when you insist on them.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    lol@Harshlands player trying to say they're on a PvP server. My grandma can PvP better than you wannabes.

You realize how absolutely stupid "X server" arguments sound yet? They completely destroy any validity your posts have when you insist on them.

There is a difference, I did not have the option to turn off pvp mode as a learned my toon. I had to learn how to deal with hordes of people who would chase me down and camp me all day. There is a certain amount of "skill" to doing that. Heck, I even know how to kite on my bm because of the stuff I had to deal with in the open map. Because, I did not have the options people have in a pve server. Do I insist on them all the time? No, there are good pve players. Are there noobs in pve sever, yes there are. If I call someone a pve player, I'm insulting their experience. Especially an archer who can't keep out of the range of a barb. When they have the class skills and genie skills. That make it very very easy. Even with this new broken stun.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    /headdesk
    The point

This is your head
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The point

This is your head

What do you mean about the point? Experience is experience, facts are facts and everyone is entitled to their views. Even if you disagree. On a side note, this thread has begun to go way off topic.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Says the archer from a pve server lol. Yes I'm am saying your bad if you can't do that. I've seen archers who can. So stop crying and work on your skills. It's a magical thing called kiting, you should try it sometime *facepalm*

I'm pretty sure every single end-game archer on the server will tell you that they have problems with end-game barbs and BMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @Slivaf

Maybe it's because you reply to a post about skill balance by how BMs with **** gears die, like other classes with **** gears don't die or something.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There is a difference, I did not have the option to turn off pvp mode as a learned my toon. I had to learn how to deal with hordes of people who would chase me down and camp me all day. There is a certain amount of "skill" to doing that. Heck, I even know how to kite on my bm because of the stuff I had to deal with in the open map. Because, I did not have the options people have in a pve server. Do I insist on them all the time? No, there are good pve players. Are there noobs in pve sever, yes there are. If I call someone a pve player, I'm insulting their experience. Especially an archer who can't keep out of the range of a barb. When they have the class skills and genie skills. That make it very very easy. Even with this new broken stun.

The lag penalty for moving in this game is horrendous. It's part of the reason I would rarely ever "walk" after a distance shrink unless I had to, because without walking you could DS -> start a channel instantly. Once you actually "walk" somewhere, the game enforces some kind of stupid move lag penalty. I see this happening to other wizards all the time, where they DS, then walk backwards a bit, then end up just standing there for 1 second doing nothing waiting for a skill to channel.

Especially vs occult ice and an HP charm, it's extremely hard to kite BM's/barbs indefinitely if you ever want to do anything "productive" in terms of actually killing your enemy (I'm talking equal gears, obv).

You can "kite" while they're stunned/rooted, but all that's really doing is losing you potential effective DD time.

If it was a game like LOL, where there's a cooldown period before you can attack again, sure it makes sense to walk backwards while your auto is on CD. But even then, once attack speed approaches the cap, no one but the best of players bother to attack-move (unless you're gonna die or you want to juke), because you end up losing quite a few autos.

Archers can stun, then root, then WoG. After that, they really don't have that many options, especially if the BM simply decides to press 1 button and instantly become immune to all of an archer's CC's WHILE moving extremely fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    What do you mean about the point? Experience is experience, facts are facts and everyone is entitled to their views. Even if you disagree. On a side note, this thread has begun to go way off topic.

FYI, I played your ****ty server before it got so ****ty(before sins existed), your self-proclaimed PvP server "cred" does not impress me, and if you want to turn this into server v server comparisons, mine would flip yours over it's knee and slap it on the bare ***...to put it frankly.

But that isn't the point of this thread. It does not take a whole lot of PvP experience to see where other classes may face limits and hardship when trying to constantly outrun a barb.
    Barbs can easily get up in your space w/out needing to expend any resource as they have the fastest running speed. My class, as an example, would need to expend either genie, sparks or long CD skills that obviously have limits because of their long CD. One can only keep the barb away for so long. After that. what is the option?

I chose my class as a main years ago because I was in love with the archer kiting gameplay, especially air kiting. That would be my best chance of avoiding them if they hadnt been given that OP wing disable. This is the problem w/ this skill. A lot of the other classes have only very limited/expensive/taxing options to deal w/ this new spam stun. If your archaic PvP experience was any bit legitimate, your common sense would tell you why there are so many things wrong w/ this ability, even if you do retain bitterness towards the purify proc.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @Slivaf

Maybe it's because you reply to a post about skill balance by how BMs with **** gears die, like other classes with **** gears don't die or something.

Albeit I didn't mention casters with **** gear die at first in this post I am quoting, I did edit it in.
    As I said if we all were in equal gear I would be a lot more likely to agree that there is no debate about how powerful the stun truly is. (Again I am not trying to say it isn't oped... but still it absolutely has its limits.) I.e having to be up close, and living long enough to use it. (yes both become far easier in end game gear, but the simple truth of the matter is that not all melees are in that gear, and nor is there a billion bms still running around in mass pvp. Which is in off itself a limit to how often the stun will be placed upon a caster. As I have said it is easy to kill most bms long before they even get near... meaning you likely wont have to deal with the stun being placed on you. I also realize a caster wont be able to stop it 100% of the time, but really they shouldn't be able too. The same goes for a melee avoiding the stuns, sleeps seals etc from ranged people.

Also @ your second paragraph... you seem to be ignoring what a caster can do.

They can FEASIBLY wear HA, and still use their r93r caster weapon, which means they can get that 'extra hp' that supposed 'better' phys def. PLEASE << Casters have it so easy in this game it isnt even funny. Too top it all off the casters can still attack and kill at a distance ridicuolously easy. << Hell aa people can even get comparable phys def to that of a melee. (It goes BOTH ways... I just feel the innate advntages still come back into play, which imho gives an advantage to casters.. now how useful that advntage is... can EASILY be debated with no end, as no side is likely to concede their belief... that the other side has it easier/better.)

EDIT: (yes a lateish edit)... casters are indeed an easy kill as well when not in endgame/they have a single opponent that can withstand their hits, they still have other thing that re in their favor.

That line there shows... or at least I think it does... that I am aware that gear difference/"****" geared players are easy kills.

In other words I am well aware of that fact, just because I do not point something out/post my agreement about something does NOT mean I am unaware about something. (EDIT) Yes I am also aware this can apply to you all as well, still when something isnt mentioned... someone is bound to come along and mention it for them... we all do it.

Still I do believe that even in **** gears every single other class has an easier time supporting/enjoying nw/mass pvp, (again an opinion/belief!) (I am NOT saying that it "IS" enjoyable on those other classes, but still they do have their innate advantages/skills that make life on them a lot easier than life on a melee... or at least that is MY opinion. (I understand not all share this opinion, hell a few bms do not even share that opinion. It's like that for EVERYTHING in life/game... there will always be people who disagree with the stances of others, even when they went through the same trials/on the same class.)

Also since this is a common misconception about me... i'll put this out there again. I KNOW bms in END GAME gear are badass/really hard to deal with, I am not saying bms should get an oped skill that makes them nigh unstoppable. Still when gameplay on a class in so hard to enjoy mid-early end game... they are bound to say **** it and join the plethora of other classes that have it easier. (Again I am not saying gameplay is 100% enjoyable on other classes... and whether they are in end game gear or not doesn't matter here..., but still I for one believe it is more enjoyable on ANY other class (thanks to built in skills/waht they have to work with) than on a non endgame bm.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Barbs are too OP nerf please remove purge and it might be okay for this stun to be in the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So much negativity, I think the thread has become a flame nest.
    FYI, I played your ****ty server before it got so ****ty(before sins existed), your self-proclaimed PvP server "cred" does not impress me, and if you want to turn this into server v server comparisons, mine would flip yours over it's knee and slap it on the bare ***...to put it frankly.

But that isn't the point of this thread. It does not take a whole lot of PvP experience to see where other classes may face limits and hardship when trying to constantly outrun a barb.
    Barbs can easily get up in your space w/out needing to expend any resource as they have the fastest running speed. My class, as an example, would need to expend either genie, sparks or long CD skills that obviously have limits because of their long CD. One can only keep the barb away for so long. After that. what is the option?

I chose my class as a main years ago because I was in love with the archer kiting gameplay, especially air kiting. That would be my best chance of avoiding them if they hadnt been given that OP wing disable. This is the problem w/ this skill. A lot of the other classes have only very limited/expensive/taxing options to deal w/ this new spam stun. If your archaic PvP experience was any bit legitimate, your common sense would tell you why there are so many things wrong w/ this ability, even if you do retain bitterness towards the purify proc.
    Never said there wasn't anything "wrong". Of course it's wrong, when your being locked in place and due to failed game mechanics. Purify was a big shaft to the bm class. I'm in favor of anything that destroys the purify proc.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Blademasters having the lowest damage of any class in the game isn't about how anyone feels. It's fact.

I am so tired of hearing this false ****. SINS HAVE THE LOWEST DAMAGE RANGE OF ANY CLASS IN GAME! If you dont want to stat pure str that not my problem, but a pure dex sin will always have lower phy atk than an archer, bm, barb, and seeker. Daggers have a very low range and damage because of the base numbers on our skills. Sins are about combo's, not 1 shots.b:angry

If you dont believe me, go do a calc on pure dex and pure str r9rr +12 bm and sin.
    Never said there wasn't anything "wrong". Of course it's wrong, when your being locked in place and due to failed game mechanics. Purify was a big shaft to the bm class. I'm in favor of anything that destroys the purify proc.

It was a bigger shaft to sins, lets be honest. Bm's have better survivability than a sin in the chance puri proc's. It still a '** you' to melee classes in general, but Bm's can survive missing a stun or two, especially in a 1v1. For a sin, missing that stun might cost them their life. If this goes through tidal, then sins can no longer fight barbs seeing as they take away our role, controlling the fight.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So much negativity, I think the thread has become a flame nest.

Purify shafted everything non-caster. I'm for a fix to it to, but a "fix" that ruins everything else is not really a fix at all.

This new stun is the same as purify. Purify was introduced as a way to fix the damage done by stupid OP sins, but it was a massive overcompensation.
    This end-all, bypass-all stun is an overcompensation to fix the damage done by purify. The cycle can only keep going as the next stupid new "fix" completely overpowers the previous. We need a real solution, not this BS