Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i'm not sure anymore to keep playing this game continue. No roll back = good bye pwi. I know u don't care what i say just want let you know i must be happy after leaving this game and have something new in real life. so hope you have a resolution soon. b:chuckle
  • siewyee323
    siewyee323 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    IDK why ppl r QQing over the refines..... the high amount of event gold ppl have is more terrifying than the refines.... just imagine the amount of charms u could get... its a huge advantage over those tat cant get em
  • nim8
    nim8 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think the compensation is more of a glitch from the flooding and traffic then it is abuse. I know few friends only redeemed once but it kept coming. What I believe happened was due to the lag, the user sends the redeem code, info goes to the server, server sends back. However due to so much traffic and lag put on the server, the info gets lost, therefore the server does not get a response conformation from user's net (that they received it); and therefore the server sends again and again till it has gotten a response.

That is how I believe people gotten multiple of times.
    On an edit of this. If a roll back was to be made, it would be last save point which was last maintenance. Therefor roll back would be back to from last maintenance. If roll back was to be made, to compensate the days lost for people farming should be a 3 days (or however many days it took for the action made) x5 exp and drops. Not everyone would be happy, but this should patch up for most of the players. b:bye
  • NakedGirl - Heavens Tear
    NakedGirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OK...1.) I do not support a roll back at all. It is not right to take away all the hard work that people have done during this time. Some people have opened a faction base today, why would you support something like that taken away? Some have made their G 16 S 3 gear, made and or bought things worth millions of dollars and have always played an honest day. Do NOT punish everyone for what some people have done.

2.) Look through all your information PW and the ones that got more than their share, take it away from them. If you know that it was done maliciously, permanently ban these people. There are some real pieces of work out there in the game that really need to go anyway. I would be certain that these same idiots you hear talking such smack and just in general are totally annoying everyone on the server, are the same ones who are abusing this system.

3.) I can not imagine the amount of work it would take to develop this system and codes etc. to attempt to make people on the game happy, so while many here are very upset and strictly say it is PW's fault exclusively, we all know that isn't true. As for the totally ridiculous people who think that PW should staff people 24/7 I just want to laugh at you (and did at my home). This is NOT a hospital facility or some life and death business. They are not selling you gas for your car so you can get somewhere in real life, nor are they feeding you real food so you don't go hungry. This is a game people. It is NOT perfect nor is any other game out there. I have no doubt that there are other games out there that are "Run" better than this one, as well as some out there that are much worse...

4.)I think we all appreciate the concept behind the gesture from PW. We also appreciate that the GM's, developers etc. have fought hard for our communities to have these things given to us. I thank them all for doing what they have done and what they try to do for us. This would be a stressful job and if they didn't care and want to make this a better place, there are plenty of other jobs out there in this very techy world we live in.

5.) I myself did not receive the gifts, I did work hard today and bought things such as GST, I had a G16 S3 weapon given to me today in lieu of some coin that was owed to me, among other things and I would certainly hate to be penalized for the arrogance and ignorance of others as well as some who really did make honest mistakes.

I would love to see a happy ending to this, however, I don't think that will happen. I will say everything considered, if there is a roll back and I lose everything I have worked hard for, I will be done with the game even though I really do love playing it and talking to some of the wonderful people I have met here over the last 4 1/2 years.
    Good luck to you in figuring out how to handle this and to those who truly did scam, cheat, whatever you want to call it, please do the rest of us good people a favor and go make your own server where you all go to and let the rest of us play and actually have fun.
    Helping those who help themselves... NakedGirl 103 cleric Heaven's Tear. b:kissb:bye
  • Bunny_slayer - Harshlands
    Bunny_slayer - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm fairly disappointed that I went through this insanity of botched server downtimes, extreme lag, not to mention a veno instance that's been broken for months. I had to work a 13 hour day today - to come home and find that I can't even get basic compensation provided to everyone because it's been abused so badly in only a few hours. My guess? I'll never see anything from it. I'm still waiting for my Dark Abyss mount on two eligible characters and it's going on three weeks. b:angry

we're on the same boat (except for the work, i just woke up lol), saw the code too late and still waiting for the rewards from last zen spending promo. but what can we do, if we still enjoy playing just grin and bear it i guess b:pleased
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes it is unfair that some people were able to redeem the code multiple times and others not even once, however I don't think another rollback will be the best solution, at least for Archosaur.
    A lot of people have lost a large amount from the first rollback, another one will hurt them even more.
    Also the idea of a rollback to fix the compensation of a rollback sounds absurd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    honestly all this speculation will end with another stupid unfair move by pwi m sure thy wont reroll n they will just bring a new code which is not spam-able so ppl that abused hv gained n so grtz to all of u that got ur +10s/11s/12s
    for us that didnt got any compensation even after loosing stuffs in re-roll GG is the thing i can say i don't think they will be fair to us like always..................................
    prob is there r many that spend real money or farmed hard to get to +10 n 11s n 12s now all lazy n non very active ppl will be +10s/11s/12s.... best thing u hv done i wish i was a +5 24x7 pker lol missed all the fun b:laugh
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why dont you yeling with your main ACCount? so everyone can see who you are...pussies...

What's this got to do with anything?
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Rainbow_Cat - Heavens Tear
    Rainbow_Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have heard so many people saying its fair if we rool back the servers but i personally wouldnt find this fair at all all of us who did nothing wrong get punished including me who couldnt care less about having 10 star orbs. I would cry if we have a rool back because tonight i made my first lucky genie its the first one i have had evolve in all these years od trying and a roll back would turn my lucky night into a huge heart breakb:cry
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To all who still wonder why, some ppl are talking about full +12, the code supplied all you needed to get +12 since you could just refine to +10 and try to +11 and +12 with tishas over and over again :) and since event gold was included in the code, even those were for free! so yeah, everyone who got like 50 orbs, can basically make all their gears +12 *cheers*

btw i am a happy owner of an account that could only redeem the code once :)b:cute
    Holy **** thx for this post, didint thought about this...damn...gona try it now
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sumishishi
    sumishishi Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please Enable the Code again :( I need it................... Who ever Abused the Code Go to Hell
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why would a company rollback the server because of an error in the compensation for a rollback? How does that even makes sense to you dumbasses? f:despise

Insanity [in-san-i-tee] noun, plural in.san.i.ties - Repeating the same action hoping for a different outcome.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • aronstone369
    aronstone369 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i don't want to loss my exp and gear anymore........i am sick now..... don't roll back just delect your all orb from all if you want bcz it's you game ........
  • LolaElv - Heavens Tear
    LolaElv - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what is new code please... i cannot redeem it says it's expired awww... it is so unfair... please... b:cry
    Poisonous Crew f:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jessjesss
    jessjesss Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rolling back is the dumbest idea ever. This should only be used when the system is unstable, not as a fix-all answer when something like this happens. The fix has to be made some other way, rolling back is ridiculous!! b:scorn
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jessjesss wrote: »
    Rolling back is the dumbest idea ever. This should only be used when the system is unstable, not as a fix-all answer when something like this happens. The fix has to be made some other way, rolling back is ridiculous!! b:scorn

What do you suggest?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ****ing buttholes, now they need to rollback the servers again, ppl who redeemed several hundred of orbs while others didn`t get a single 1.
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if they do a roll back ok...I've screen shotted everything I own and the exp I'm at...and I WILL EXPECT TO GET EVERYTHING BACK. I work hard for the stuff I get. The gear I farmed and the exp I gained isn't something that comes super fast for me since I have a very limited time to do anything in the game... Ofc unlike probably most ppl who play pwi..I actually screen shot my stuff every once in a while in case something like this does happen. b:cute
  • wysp01
    wysp01 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    there is a fix...there has been all along don't promise what you can't deliver and don't try to blanket fix with a band aid you have not tested...and hire qualified employees...
  • VairyHagina - Morai
    VairyHagina - Morai Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Holy **** thx for this post, didint thought about this...damn...gona try it now

I just stated the obvious, also it shows the real extent of this big damn freaaaaaakin error b:shocked
  • bosnianboy3344
    bosnianboy3344 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the code might of bin a code able to be redeemed only 1 time but what happened is pwi didnt think of tha mass traffic on the site once the code went live so the traffic laged the site and it sent the itams but the lag made it impossible for the site to read if it went thru it worked the same as ddos attack on a site it couses massive lag and slows everything down idk if you remember but the redeem page went down as well for a period of time
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lets get this fixed ASAP. I was in class all night so I didn't even know about the code until it was too late. Kthnx! Mama needs to refine! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    also, I'm wondering...... How long would they have to rollback? Saturday again? I'm sure they haven't learned to backup before potential disasters.

Also, people keep mentioning the Dreamchaser packs, but those took a long time to open and had much smaller rewards. I don't think I've heard of a single person who opened enough DC packs to equal the cost of one +10 orb
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    SyIver - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All that ppl that says no rollback are prob the one's who abused the glitch. b:angry
    At this time a rollback bef they relesed the code is best way to deal with it......and reset to lvl 1 no gear money etc the ones who abused it. b:laugh
  • LenaKitteh - Dreamweaver
    LenaKitteh - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lets get this fixed ASAP. I was in class all night so I didn't even know about the code until it was too late. Kthnx! Mama needs to refine! b:chuckle

Agreed! We're in the same boat, except I was at work all day long. I didn't have a chance in hell of redeeming this one.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OK...1.) I do not support a roll back at all. It is not right to take away all the hard work that people have done during this time. Some people have opened a faction base today, why would you support something like that taken away? Some have made their G 16 S 3 gear, made and or bought things worth millions of dollars and have always played an honest day. Do NOT punish everyone for what some people have done.

2.) Look through all your information PW and the ones that got more than their share, take it away from them. If you know that it was done maliciously, permanently ban these people. There are some real pieces of work out there in the game that really need to go anyway. I would be certain that these same idiots you hear talking such smack and just in general are totally annoying everyone on the server, are the same ones who are abusing this system.

3.) I can not imagine the amount of work it would take to develop this system and codes etc. to attempt to make people on the game happy, so while many here are very upset and strictly say it is PW's fault exclusively, we all know that isn't true. As for the totally ridiculous people who think that PW should staff people 24/7 I just want to laugh at you (and did at my home). This is NOT a hospital facility or some life and death business. They are not selling you gas for your car so you can get somewhere in real life, nor are they feeding you real food so you don't go hungry. This is a game people. It is NOT perfect nor is any other game out there. I have no doubt that there are other games out there that are "Run" better than this one, as well as some out there that are much worse...

4.)I think we all appreciate the concept behind the gesture from PW. We also appreciate that the GM's, developers etc. have fought hard for our communities to have these things given to us. I thank them all for doing what they have done and what they try to do for us. This would be a stressful job and if they didn't care and want to make this a better place, there are plenty of other jobs out there in this very techy world we live in.

5.) I myself did not receive the gifts, I did work hard today and bought things such as GST, I had a G16 S3 weapon given to me today in lieu of some coin that was owed to me, among other things and I would certainly hate to be penalized for the arrogance and ignorance of others as well as some who really did make honest mistakes.

I would love to see a happy ending to this, however, I don't think that will happen. I will say everything considered, if there is a roll back and I lose everything I have worked hard for, I will be done with the game even though I really do love playing it and talking to some of the wonderful people I have met here over the last 4 1/2 years.
    Good luck to you in figuring out how to handle this and to those who truly did scam, cheat, whatever you want to call it, please do the rest of us good people a favor and go make your own server where you all go to and let the rest of us play and actually have fun.
    Do you realize if there will be a rollback it will a 24h rollback and basically you would loose only the abused things from the CODE? you will loose only what you shouldnt even have...not 4 1/2 years of work..ijs no offense :) oh and one more thing..do you realy think ppl who will maybe do something or not about this issue will read yur post? b:chuckleb:laugh
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tntscuba
    tntscuba Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry but this is a big mistake you have made a lot of us very angry b:angry I cannot get the rewards orb but others are...hmm : (
  • Xeranthia - Dreamweaver
    Xeranthia - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Y'all are pushing for roll back but I find this VERY unfair to venos. Yeah great you all get 5x 2x xp/spirit blah blah blah to regain the loss from roll back. But what about veno's who spent days (like I just did my air pet) grind lvlin a pet from 30 to 76. The bonus time does not help us. The pet gets the same xp gain no matter what. its not like there is a place we can go in to like reflections and just sit there while our pets lvl up. Why should me and those like me that didn't recive more then what we were suppose to get be punished?b:surrender
  • imdivine
    imdivine Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am thinking this is the biggest mistake that PWI ever made.

Did they take the redeem code site offline in order to try and avoid more abuse?
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed! We're in the same boat, except I was at work all day long. I didn't have a chance in hell of redeeming this one.

I was at work also and never had a chance to redeem it. It would definitely be nice if they somehow make it available for everyone that never redeemed it initially.
This discussion has been closed.