Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hehe, I spent 2 hours fiddling with clothes I bought my little alts from the emailed code... then finally looked at world chat and realized what was happening. I was too late for the cheating, and sending that new code over n over, and I would have tried submitting twice if I'd known about it (so I don't hold any major ill will towards the ones who got themselves 5 redeems, just major fear of fighting them tomorrow).

LoL.. my poor veno is going to get her rear kicked worse than she already does in NW tomorrow if everyone has +10 everything now. :D Wow.

I didn't try this forum code yet, and I think I'll wait till Saturday when things are hopefully calmer.

Thanks so much, PWI, for the stuff I already got.. all my wee alts look gorgeous, and I just might be able to get my rr8 weapon from +6 to +9! Thats way cool, thanks again. :)
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What's this got to do with anything?
    Nothing its just a +1 post just like yours b:laugh
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LolaElv - Heavens Tear
    LolaElv - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    better they send email with different code # to each members of pwi...
    Poisonous Crew f:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fantasizing - Archosaur
    Fantasizing - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And how many did we have going from +6/7 to +10? I cant really think of any. Suppose I can think of one who went from r9t2 to r9t3 due free orbs to refine but thats pretty much the most terrifying upgrade on archo. The reason why full +10 isnt that terrifying imo is because everybody has +10 wep now and no shards +10 is still fairly killable with ganking. After certain point that really doesnt hold true too well and +11 everything is getting closer and closer to the monster tier you cant even really gank w/o OPs at your side.

I know several people that have went from +7-+10 because of this. Yes, I do agree that a single +10 alone would not stand a single chance when ganked. However, when you're looking at a TW/ NW setting, the new free refines still benefit those who were +7 before the rollback, instead of those who worked for their refines. A single +10 may not stand a chance against a gank, but when you have a new group of +10, it becomes more of a burden as opposed to a +7. I am aware most of the people that are rrr9 have +10 weapons, but the new orbs enabled those people get better refines on their armor for free. Who knows, those newly refined people may not be much of a harm, but my point is that some people who farmed prior to the rb are getting screwed over because people are getting free refines.
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Y'all are pushing for roll back but I find this VERY unfair to venos. Yeah great you all get 5x 2x xp/spirit blah blah blah to regain the loss from roll back. But what about veno's who spent days (like I just did my air pet) grind lvlin a pet from 30 to 76. The bonus time does not help us. The pet gets the same xp gain no matter what. its not like there is a place we can go in to like reflections and just sit there while our pets lvl up. Why should me and those like me that didn't recive more then what we were suppose to get be punished?b:surrender

Ya one other reason i vote AGAINST a rollback!
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why would a company rollback the server because of an error in the compensation for a rollback? How does that even makes sense to you dumbasses? f:despise

Insanity [in-san-i-tee] noun, plural in.san.i.ties - Repeating the same action hoping for a different outcome.

Depends if it affects their sales. Honestly, this should have just left the rest of the servers alone and deal with Archosaur only. I bare saw any QQ over the fact that ppl on Archo can redeem their code elsewhere. The rest of the servers didn't need compensation in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • jessjesss
    jessjesss Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    All that ppl that says no rollback are prob the one's who abused the glitch. b:angry
    At this time a rollback bef they relesed the code is best way to deal with it......and reset to lvl 1 no gear money etc the ones who abused it. b:laugh

I did not abuse the glitch and I do not want a rollback. Why do you think people should all feel the same? Some people just don't gaf.
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Y'all are pushing for roll back but I find this VERY unfair to venos. Yeah great you all get 5x 2x xp/spirit blah blah blah to regain the loss from roll back. But what about veno's who spent days (like I just did my air pet) grind lvlin a pet from 30 to 76. The bonus time does not help us. The pet gets the same xp gain no matter what. its not like there is a place we can go in to like reflections and just sit there while our pets lvl up. Why should me and those like me that didn't recive more then what we were suppose to get be punished?b:surrender

I feel your pain. I wonder if you could SS and get some of the crystals from the event that level pets? In any case, I would take screenshots just in case.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I said a while back, remember the christmas fashion giveaway they used to do by character log in time? 10 hours I think? Why didn't they use that system? No codes, and character specific, wouldb't be hard to make it server specific for the rollback compensation...Seems like a better system than this.

I hope after this they never give out any compensation for anything again other than 2x, these people are ridiculous...I had it sent to me and somehow ended up with 2 sets of the reward, but at least I'm honest about it, I didn't plan on getting 2...I don't know how it happened, either.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

I guess you got your share of the orbs, of course you are against it!
  • Glandire - Harshlands
    Glandire - Harshlands Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Cause sending codes via e-mails during anniversary went sooo weeell. f:sneaky
  • Redlycan - Heavens Tear
    Redlycan - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

i got home from work, to find out pwi is givning out packs. wheres my packb:angry and now i hear about some rollbackb:sad look PWI you messed up now lets beb:surrender every time you guys do something to this game you mess up the game more. i think it's time you just bear and grin.
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Depends if it affects their sales. Honestly, this should have just left the rest of the servers alone and deal with Archosaur only. I bare saw any QQ over the fact that ppl on Archo can redeem their code elsewhere. The rest of the servers didn't need compensation in the first place.

Thing is, players on Arch server sold the codes, ive seen some advertising with it on Raging Tides. Thats why pwe decided to give out a code for all servers. In every case its the players that are messin up, not the pwi staff.

Still please no rollback.
  • VairyHagina - Morai
    VairyHagina - Morai Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Cause sending codes via e-mails during anniversary went sooo weeell. f:sneaky

b:chuckle made my day
  • jessami
    edited November 2013
    Options

they did originally. I assumed it was forum rants that got them to open it to everyone.
  • arun89
    arun89 Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This will be the best
    Rollback 24 hours
    Fix Code and make it once per account. b:angry
  • YoungerLover - Archosaur
    YoungerLover - Archosaur Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

i didnt cheat got 1 orb instead of 3 then got code for 2 missing ones then todays code ohhhh wait when i went to get that it was canceled because others cheated so they get 1000 d orbs gift packs with everything and today i got code exxpired thanks pwi for keeping it fair to the fair players great job
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I guess you got your share of the orbs, of course you are against it!

I barely managed to only get 1 code. Didnt even bother to try more. And why would i? Im happy enough with the 3 orbs and all the other goodies. Dont judge me fool! U dont know anything about me.
  • antares7
    antares7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    HEY I no Can Obtener orb select server and character is block I need slution fast is no just !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Seiryuun - Raging Tide
    Seiryuun - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Please take the servers down and rollback soon. This is so unfair. :(
  • doomkitteh
    doomkitteh Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ya know to stop people abusing it, ya should have just sent out a pwi mail box msg 2 all with one orb inside. like you cant abuse that, and it doesnt apply to newly created chars.. *brains - we have one use it*
    edited November 2013
    Options
    For their sales, I had planned to save the orbs they gave me and wait till I'd farmed up to 9 on everything.. but if a bunch of people just got tons of orbs, and refined everything to 10.. I feel like I have to use them NOW to be a +9 in an attempt to compete.. and that will just be a weapon.. I'll still only be +4 on my gear..

Hmm..
  • jessami
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thing is, players on Arch server sold the codes, ive seen some advertising with it on Raging Tides. Thats why pwe decided to give out a code for all servers. In every case its the players that are messin up, not the pwi staff.

Still please no rollback.

Honestly, since the codes were one use, I don't think the original sellers were doing something particularly bad. They needed money more than refines and used codes given to them
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i didnt cheat got 1 orb instead of 3 then got code for 2 missing ones then todays code ohhhh wait when i went to get that it was canceled because others cheated so they get 1000 d orbs gift packs with everything and today i got code exxpired thanks pwi for keeping it fair to the fair players great job

Well if the shiit was tradeble, i would give u my stuff because pff i dont even know how to get it to +5 let alone get it up to +9 so i can make it +10. These orbs are useless to me... The only thing i like is the 2 event gold cards.
  • Bunny_slayer - Harshlands
    Bunny_slayer - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    antares7 wrote: »
    HEY I no Can Obtener orb select server and character is block I need slution fast is no just !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello there captain oblivious b:bye
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I know several people that have went from +7-+10 because of this. Yes, I do agree that a single +10 alone would not stand a single chance when ganked. However, when you're looking at a TW/ NW setting, the new free refines still benefit those who were +7 before the rollback, instead of those who worked for their refines. A single +10 may not stand a chance against a gank, but when you have a new group of +10, it becomes more of a burden as opposed to a +7. I am aware most of the people that are rrr9 have +10 weapons, but the new orbs enabled those people get better refines on their armor for free. Who knows, those newly refined people may not be much of a harm, but my point is that some people who farmed prior to the rb are getting screwed over because people are getting free refines.

If I had +7 everything, I believe I could of gone +10 armors with "legit" orbs alone. Everybody on archo could of had 9 legit orbs(2 accounts with e-mail codes, 1 universal), some players like I have god old extra accounts making the number larger. I know somebody got 21 orbs prior to abuse code, add people selling codes, etc. Point being, you didnt even really have to abuse anything to get drastic increase in situation you describe.

Ps. The only ones who should really be annoyed are the few completely finished toons, who now have people catching up to them quite a bit.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • themelc
    themelc Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    arun89 wrote: »
    This will be the best
    Rollback 24 hours
    Fix Code and make it once per account. b:angry

Best way to fix this
  • ishtera1970
    ishtera1970 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello everyone,

First I want to thank PWI for the gifts now and always. It does make the game more fun and it helps those of us who grind to get what we want. Second, while I do agree that there are better ways of giving out gifts, the people who exploit these things are more at fault than the game designers. For heaven's sake, government facilities cannot keep hackers out and this is just a game!

I would like to apologize to everyone who did not get a code redeemed, my husband included who has his own account which I do not have the information for, because he was at work. I received the code in World Chat and went directly to the redeem site and once I had received the code for my main I received the message that I could get another in 10 minutes. I did get a second pack for my favorite alt and again received the 10 minute message but considering that I had no way to be sure that there was not a limited amount of packs I decided not to get any further packs.

I noticed somewhere in the 40s pages of this forum where it looks like another professional coder explains how to fix all of this without roll back and I hope that PWI follows this suggestion. I would also like to suggest that PWI look into those people who received more than 9 orbs as there seems to have been a problem with page refreshment and everyone who speaks of it states that their mailbox was filled and this was the most received by accidental refreshment. Therefore, those who have more than 9 orbs on any given character should be perma band as malicious abusers. It is time that people take responsibility for their actions and that we as players help the GMsb:angry by pointing out abusers through screen shots. These are large servers with thousands of users and to think that any GM can keep up with everything is sheer stupidity. Neighborhoods form watches to protect each other and it is about time that good players band together and support GMs in finding and banning those who use and abuse the game and other players to meet their own means.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Dont judge me fool! U dont know anything about me.

I'm imagining you as Mr. T right now. b:cute
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rollback = rage
    no rollback= rage
    presents = rage
    remove presents = rage

.....just free up the code till Sunday and let the chips fall where they may. **** it, it's the Holidays. b:victory
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.