Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• Jakerams - Heavens Tear
    Jakerams - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    most of these posts want a rollback. I think thats probably the least worst option.

PWI should either eliminate all the items they added as compensation for the accidental rollback except the ones they gave in the initial codes via email to the people actually logged in on the archosaur server OR

they should roll back all the servers equally and as compensation for our troubles this week i suggest that they can give us all $10 worth of zen to spend on whatever of their games we chose to spend it on, and make this apply to all accounts whether or not they happened to be here during this week.

I hope they take the time to think this over and don't rush to fix it but take the time to make a sensible fix that cannot be exploited by abusers.
    I have like 40 accounts already made for other reasons incase something like this happened I would be rich. So no.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Isn't it ironic that they call this the final compensation...for all servers???? b:laugh

With respect to everyone else, why the hell do we (all other servers) need to be compensated for what happened to Archo server in the first place? With what has happened, the only real compensation for this is to not disable the redeem code and let everyone else get their fair chance in getting the orbs. This is worst than the time they put 11+ and 12+ star orbs in the boutique, or took off the metals of glory from the DQ page. And I thought it could never get worst than that.

You are almost right, but i would mind if they put +11+12 orb in butique again :D
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    instead of giving everyone the same code that could of been redeemed unlimited number of times why didn't you just email each player an unique code that could of only been used once? b:surrender

they did bt many didn't received...
    n so i think many faked so they hv given it ~.~~
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'll say this one final time and then I'm closing this clusterfk of a thread.

Yes, some people abused the code and got more orbs than they should have.
    Yes, other people weren't even able to get the one redemption they were supposed to get.

But FOR PAN GU'S SAKE a rollback was what caused this entire mess to begin with. And judging from both my faction (of which not a single person got more than 1 redemption, and many got none) and world chat, the vast majority of people on Archosaur oppose a rollback, even if they didn't (get to) abuse the code. Why? We've already had one rollback, and it sucked. A lot. We don't want to go through that **** again and just compound the issues we're already having.

Keep the code disabled, don't give out any more compensation, and be done with it so we can move on. It's time to cut losses instead of trying to fix things in a way that'll cause more problems.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Have fun playing with NOBODY if people are banned. 99.9% of PWI did this.

lol id say less then 10% actually abused it, but im for rollback :D
  • Stoli - Heavens Tear
    Stoli - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Like I said do a rollback..only way you can fix it...extend 2x another week..everyone except the real abusers should be happy with that solution...some I don't care what you do they won't be happy! I just don't think they should leave massive orbs in the game like that!

Roll back is what started this. And if they roll back, how many more problems become of what wasn't abused... people lose items they farmed during x2, items that I really don't want to have to refarm and charm tick through again.

Items that were sold will be un-sold and etc. There's more complications with a roll back than just that one aspect. I don't think a roll back would be a good idea simply for that reason
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heaven's Tear--
    Stoli -- Sage Cleric (Main) -- Dominus Marshal
    _River -- 101 Demon Veno (Retired)
    Echosaridy -- 101 Sage Sin (Alt)
    Sarifikara -- 80 Blademaster (Future Demon)
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This had happened before with the anniversary gifts, but the stuff in the anniversary gifts were **** compared to the advantages given by the orbs. If they had hired a GM to specifically manage PWI, maybe this probably had never happen, even with arch. server.
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

GREAT!!!

I finally get a responce about the missing items only for the code to be made invalid. What is going on with this game?

You offer it to sort out the mess pwi made, then take it away.

all because some people are just plain greedy!!!!
  • KorruptSoul - Heavens Tear
    KorruptSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You know, we all go on about how much we will lose, how utterly unfair it is to us, yadda yadda yadda.
    But we never stop to think about the situation going on at PWE.
    Someone could lose their job for this.
    And in a time as it is, losing a job could be cataclysmic.
    Their life work, down the drain, their career over just because some people let their greed get the best of them.
    We ALL know that PWE would NEVER allow a code like that to be intended for more than a single use, so honestly, why would you spam it?
    Isn't 3 orbs, 1 plat charm, and 100 event gold enough for you people? (Not counting the other stuff that I can't remember)
    You all sit there and blame the staff of PWE, yet we always forget that when we point fingers, 3 more point right back as us.
    As for a roll back, I fully look for them to do on, and not give us anything for it.
    So thank you, once again, those people who're so greedy that they always have to ruin it.

Well Said...
  • reddragoness3
    reddragoness3 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    this code was in some wat a good i deqa but bannin ppl its nto the solution nore is rerollin a good idea it is possble that the code glitched whenppl where tryin to redeem it but if yea didnt wantn us to have this n planing on banin ppl for it or reroll y was it not set so uu could only use it one or 2 times per account..? my self it glitched while tryin to redeem it n got iit 2 times.. cus while tryin to use it.. it wouldnt load n not shure if it was the site or web brouser that was the issues but in either even y punish thows for a bug or possible mess up with the code how is it our faults if the code u guys gave use is able to be used more then one time? if it was not ment to be use more then one time probably should have fixed it before sending it out? makes a bit more scence or atleast testin the code before sending it out to make shure theres no glitches with it.. cusi mean its not fair to every one to be punished for soem thing that possible was a mistake? or glitch.. y was it not set so it is like dream chaser packs where u can only redeem it once..?
  • Naishuitama - Dreamweaver
    Naishuitama - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    lol id say less then 10% actually abused it, but im for rollback :D

You should have been on my server....it was completely opposite here.
  • Momentarily - Harshlands
    Momentarily - Harshlands Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'll say this one final time and then I'm closing this clusterfk of a thread.

Yes, some people abused the code and got more orbs than they should have.
    Yes, other people weren't even able to get the one redemption they were supposed to get.

But FOR PAN GU'S SAKE a rollback was what caused this entire mess to begin with. And judging from both my faction (of which not a single person got more than 1 redemption, and many got none) and world chat, the vast majority of people on Archosaur oppose a rollback, even if they didn't (get to) abuse the code. Why? We've already had one rollback, and it sucked. A lot. We don't want to go through that **** again and just compound the issues we're already having.

Keep the code disabled, don't give out any more compensation, and be done with it so we can move on. It's time to cut losses instead of trying to fix things in a way that'll cause more problems.
    agreed
  • Mweya - Heavens Tear
    Mweya - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I remember early in one MMO (look at my sig for the game I'm talking about), there was an exploit where people could very cheaply refine all their gears to +12 (yes, that game has a +12 system similar to PWI). The whole server was up in arms about it, +12 messages were rolling across the chat.

Within a few hours, ALL of those +12 items disappeared, without even the need to roll back. The people who glitched and exploited lost all the mats they used exploiting this glitch. A gamemaster came on and said in chat, "We do not tolerate abuse of game glitches or mechanics in any way, and those who used this glitch will not be reimbursed for their materials".

The population that didn't cheat cheered for joy that day b:chuckle.

That's how a company PROPERLY handles something like this without completely destroying their reputation.

Well said! Please tell me what that game is! I have a friend who has been bugging me for years to join his guild in Wow but I have been loyal to PWI for 4.5+ years. Maybe its time to forget pwi and join my friend.

The larger issue is - even if pwi does figure out how to fix this fairly- that we have to log in to the forums every day pretty much to see what error/fix pwi has made so that we can get our "reward". Otherwise, if we fail to do this we will get behind the rest of the server. It is not fair for peopel to spend years working on their gears only to fall behind because some error/fix happened to happen in a week that they were not logged in.
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ppl are only complaining about loseing stuff during a rollback but what about the ppl who would gain lost coin from a roll back i bet theres abunch of ppl who wasted money on packs that would be happy for a roll back xD
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    superbian wrote: »
    Just going to point out that PWI gave away 75 gold worth of oceans to each of us. That's $75 worth of free stuff. Not to mention the Charms, Event gold and Apo. And half the server abused it. In a way, it amounts to theft. PWI literally cannot win. They just tried to give all their players that much free stuff (what gave have you ever heard give away $75 worth, Riot had massive server issues and gave its players $4 worth of RP, and an IP boost), and they still are getting lambasted by the players. As an entire player base, we're an ungrateful and undeserving lot.

Ilost R9 in rollback and have not received any code yet, so some of us have reason to be unhappy. IJS
  • nim8
    nim8 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    nim8 wrote: »
    I think the compensation is more of a glitch from the flooding and traffic then a abuse. I know few friends only redeemed once but it kept coming. What I believe happened was due to the lag, the user sends the redeem, info goes to the server, server sends back. However due to so much traffic and lag put on the server, the info gets lost, therefore the server dose not get a response conformation from user's net (that they received); and therefore the server sends again and again till it it has gotten a response.

That is how I believe people gotten multiple of times. b:bye

On an edit of this. If they do roll back. Last save point is last maint therefor roll back would be back to from last maint.. If roll back was to be made, to compensate the days lost for ppls farming should be a 3 day (or what ever many days it took for the action made) x5 exp and drops.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    lol @ those illefated players thaat payed 1000s of dollars for there refines... GG b:laugh
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    oooo no it was maiden kissed, I remember cause my fac leader was one who got banned for it, so we missed TW b:chuckle but yea happened with dreamchaser packs too.

ROFL Red I remember that.
  • rapholder
    rapholder Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just saw someone's name roll by in red chat 15 times in the last 2 minutes for 10*s. And another just got 9 of them.

This is the biggest **** up in 5 years of playing this game. They better actually do something to fix this right.
  • Jakerams - Heavens Tear
    Jakerams - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The way I see it PWI has a few options

One ignore what happened lose tons of money while about 15% of the major players quit.

Two Let the code be abused for a certain time limit and then all the newer players will never be able to do anything and quit and the game eventually dies out.

Three Rollback the server and cause more problems.

Actually severely punish the players (WILL NOT HAPPEN)

Or just mail all the players who did not abuse it (in a way such as players whose ever used the same ip as a player who abused the glitch would not get a reward that way alts of those players are punished also)also receive compensation which was better than the abuse.

Very interesting as to what will happen.
  • spnkygirl
    spnkygirl Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I call another 11 and 12 star super sale like the one and only time before. :P

That's how pwi makes some money after **** up.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well said! Please tell me what that game is! I have a friend who has been bugging me for years to join his guild in Wow but I have been loyal to PWI for 4.5+ years. Maybe its time to forget pwi and join my friend.

The larger issue is - even if pwi does figure out how to fix this fairly- that we have to log in to the forums every day pretty much to see what error/fix pwi has made so that we can get our "reward". Otherwise, if we fail to do this we will get behind the rest of the server. It is not fair for peopel to spend years working on their gears only to fall behind because some error/fix happened to happen in a week that they were not logged in.

There is no fix for this, all will be stay as it is, or the CSers who did abused the code and a lot of them did will just leave the game, and PWE cannot let that happen, noone will forget that, thats more money loss for PWI and servers can be shutted down, so if i was you i would ununstall PWI and joined my friend in WoW :D +1 post for me b:laugh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fantasizing - Archosaur
    Fantasizing - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    As for rollback, I rather not have it. Only marginal portion of playerbase abused it, minority of those abused it to the point of 20+ orbs. Rolling back will only cause major issues again and its only gonna annoy everybody. And honestly, only real problem that was caused with the abuse is people who went to +11, +10 really isnt all that terrifying.

I'd say a +6/7 that refined to +10 because of this "glitch" is more of a threat (compared to before) than someone that refined from +10 to +11 >.> For seekers, there's about a +900 hp increase when one refines from +7 to +10, while it's a +400 hp from +10 to +11. Now all we're going to have is a bunch of new tankier +10 people, who got their orbs for free, running around NW with more of an advantage, while those who actually spent money on their orbs before the rollback get screwed over.
    I myself was able to refine some equips from +10 to +11, however, I'd rather have a rollback so it's fair for people that actually farmed or spent money for the +10 before the rollback.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Watch they add +11/12 orbs for the Cyber Monday sale to supplement this **** up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited November 2013
    Options
    spnkygirl wrote: »
    I call another 11 and 12 star super sale like the one and only time before. :P

That's how pwi makes some money after **** up.

Agree ! we want +11 and +12 sale now...SUPER sale ! and +10 orbs at 2 gold, that would fix this issue :D woldn it? b:laugh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Roll back is what started this. And if they roll back, how many more problems become of what wasn't abused... people lose items they farmed during x2, items that I really don't want to have to refarm and charm tick through again.

Items that were sold will be un-sold and etc. There's more complications with a roll back than just that one aspect. I don't think a roll back would be a good idea simply for that reason

altho i agree with the fact that a rollback causes more problems (ppl raging about having lost all farmed stuff etc) id really consider it fair to be done;
    because not only the unguilty ones get punished, but the abusers too; maybe then they'll think about whether or not to abuse something twice next time this happens

i guess since only archo servers needed compensation, lets say rollback for all other servers but archo;
    why would a player who got a toon on archo (and qq about stuff he's lost THERE) redeem the code on an other server in the first place?
    imo this would be the most fair solution for everyone
  • Dreyani - Archosaur
    Dreyani - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ilost R9 in rollback and have not received any code yet, so some of us have reason to be unhappy. IJS

I Never got any codes either and I only play on Archo server... Time to send in more tickets?

I really don't care at this point can I just have a refund of the 2,000$+ I spent on this game and we can call it even?

You can have my toon back if you want it PWI, but I want my monies

b:chuckle b:victory Goodnight all <3
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    question can some1 define what the abuse of the code was? I thought they set up the code so it can only be used once per account? f:shame
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think they should rollback every server but Arch, I play LC too and people rage if you dare to say that Arch suffered more than other servers. Even if they do rollback, it won't be as long, and they'll have fair warning to ss rerolls and such,\, and there would still be so much rage.

Also gold prices are seriously dropping, that might get corporate's attention.
  • rapholder
    rapholder Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    We don't want free stuff... Keep your 10* orbs... What fun is a game where they just give you everything you're supposed to work for. Just let us play the game without interfering..
This discussion has been closed.