Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• reddeadrevolover
    reddeadrevolover Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you people seriously need to think before you go off typing random things....you're requesting another rollback when it started the problem in the first place....doesn't make much sense to me....as for abusing the code its not the players fault they didn't go about researching ways to exploit the code it was already there a simple mistake made by pwi that is all .....if you all were present like 2 -3years ago there was a similar glitch with the heroic chests, people buying rep and getting thousands of chests that made them billions of coins where was the rollback there? was it an exploit to buy more rep knowing that you were gonna receive more chests than you actually paid for? answer is no there for this same glitch caused by pwi cannot be considered to be exploits by the players
  • diesfast
    diesfast Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yes rollback all the servers except Archosaur +1 to this post ! b:laugh

And what about all the farming and questing and CSing not related to this problem on all the servers?

Or are we only focusing on one issue and ignoring any possible future issues to be mad about?
  • XxZONExX - Harshlands
    XxZONExX - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm not sure what is going on in the minds of the GMs but I hope this doesn't put them in a bad position with their bosses.f:strive Like everyone else in the climax of receiving the code, I tried redeeming it but disconnected from my browser. My next logical step was to refresh the page, after doing that, I was told to wait 10 mins to get the in-game reward. Somehow, in the midst of all the chaos I received more rewards that I was supposed to. Now, I certainly am not complaining about my reward or how it affects other player because i frankly do not care.b:avoid This is the most generous advance that pwi had produced since I joined the game and would be really disappointed to have it taken away. It is unfair that most people received more rewards than they were supposed to, and it's rather unfortunate that people would take advantage of such generosity but I am curious to know what will happen to the people that unintentionally received the exceeded amount of expected rewards. Since this issue is being investigated, will players be banned? Will the compensation effort be removed all together? Or will the game be rolled back to before this problem began?

However, I would like to thank the PWE team for trying to reward the PWI community. I'm sure this is a great opportunity to learn about the types of people that inhabit this game b:chuckle

Whatever the outcome, I will certainly miss my just refined +10 daggers if the servers do get rolled back b:sadfoxy alone
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Some of you saying this is not players fault need to rethink that...just because you have an opportunity to steal does not mean you do it...yes those that exploited this code it's in their nature to take things that isn't theirs, they're thieves no two ways of looking at it! PWI knows players are gonna exploit when they can and should have thought this through before posting the code but they never learn from past mistakes!b:sad

dont u lock ur doors when u go to sleep at night? maybe thief's wont come bt we do for security n not all ppl likes or remembered there moral science classes n when we r taking abt 40-45m worth stuffs most will n hv did it no they ned to compensate over compensation XD they will rename it to compensation world international
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    just ppl that get alot orbs don't want roll back,,, so u don't buy it just put code and abuse of it... rollback and just think that nothing was happening
    I only got three orbs from this and I still dont want a rollback to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The problem with hunting down said abusers, is that you won't be able to tell those that actually purposely abused versus those that just did what the site told them to do. I've got guildies who were doing as the site directed and ended up with 3 sets of orbs. Should they be banned for doing something they had no clue they'd actually get items for? That seems a bit unfair for those that were only re-doing the redeem since the site said wait 10 minutes and didn't ever tell them the code was used...

I'm not referring to those that got 2 or 3...some got 60+ and many got 20+ those are the obvious exploiters..simple solution and fair to everyone is to just do a rollback!
  • ReddHawt - Archosaur
    ReddHawt - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    malinozes wrote: »
    Wasnt it dreamchaser?

oooo no it was maiden kissed, I remember cause my fac leader was one who got banned for it, so we missed TW b:chuckle but yea happened with dreamchaser packs too.
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ppl think like a idiots.... this is not maiden chest... or dreamcast pack maiden and dream pack just for low item players, like guardian scroll, buff lv 10 teleport stone, orbs +1 and +2, but +10orb is not same, if is same, then gift me 30 +10orbs and ill gift u 30 +1 orbs and we gonna be happy with that :)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Roll the servers back and just mail the first char on each account the items from this code (and give the poor Arch people twice the items the other servers get). Nearly everything is account stashable besides the hypers and the profundity scrolls so...win/win? Compensation+force people to buy account stashes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    People keep saying I'm mad because I missed out. My highest refined item is +5, I wouldn't know what to do with +10 gear. I might use the event gold for flying mounts.

But it's hard to take that the people gloating about it probably will never get a slap on the wrist because they won't be able to find a way to define cheating that won't **** off too many CSers
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Lets just point out the math people have been doing bout PWEs losses is **** exactly for the same reason as lawsuits against piracy tend to be, regarding the compensation part. Every single item is considered as its full worth as if people would of paid for them had they not gotten it for free. Yes, PWE lost money but they lost far more with giving out the code to everybody than with people abusing it to death.

As for rollback, I rather not have it. Only marginal portion of playerbase abused it, minority of those abused it to the point of 20+ orbs. Rolling back will only cause major issues again and its only gonna annoy everybody. And honestly, only real problem that was caused with the abuse is people who went to +11, +10 really isnt all that terrifying.

true true...rollback gona make CSers to leave this game, this not gona happen, bans will gona make CSesr to leave cause they abused the code too, alot of them b:laugh that not gona happen too, someone will probably loose they job, and we are rly sad about that, PWI Abuser made ppl loose there jobs, that is the biggest problem here b:cryb:cry
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PWI doesn't dare to ban those people who abuse code. Especially R9rr+10+11+12 toons.b:bye
  • Dreyani - Archosaur
    Dreyani - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why would pwi reward every server for an issue that ONLY OCCURRED ON ARCHOSAUR server? IMO the codes should have only ever been issued to Archo server as none of the other servers had a catastrophic rollback....

PWE/PWI gets dumber every day I swear, I have been working on my gears for years now and finally got my r9 and now r9r3 and worked hard to even get freaking +5/7 refines and now every freaking person has +10...

GET REAL PWE fix your broken game...

Start by firing people who don't know what they are doing, because as of late it pretty freaking obvious that SOME of your employees don't know what they are doing...

Then hire people who can get the job done right.. And to those who say this isn't PWI/PWE's fault, you are completely wrong... if the site said wait 10 mins to redeem again that is their fault, not the players.. Kudos to those who were honest enough not to abuse but... still.. it's not the players fault..

The one thing PWI/PWE doesn't understand is the number one rule of customer service... THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT... you don't want to lose customers? You better start learning this rule..

The majority of your CUSTOMERS, because that is what we are, want a ROLLBACK 24 hours, 48, whatever, fix your problem don't punish us for your mistakes...

Fire your incompetent people and hire people who can handle running the game....

If I made a mistake at work that caused 1000's of customers to get UNLIMITED FREE merchandise you bet your butt I would be fired immediately...

<3 Colorful messages make me smile <3
  • Mweya - Heavens Tear
    Mweya - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    yeah but that company or whatever probably had more control than PWE whos like a branch company of a bigger one of china. You can claim their independent but the reality is still they dont have 100% power. So thats a bad example to apply here.

please post what that game is, im going to go play that and spend my money there if pwi cannot correct this problem fairly

i have a friend who has been bugging me for years to join his guild in WoW for years.. maybe it is time for a change in MMORPGs

The bigger issue here is even if this current issue gets fixed, because of the way pwi is handling problems you have to log into the forums every day to see if their is a issue/fix because if you dont' log in before the time limit goes out you lose out and everyone else on the servers get the 10*'s
  • nim8
    nim8 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think the compensation is more of a glitch from the flooding and traffic then a abuse. I know few friends only redeemed once but it kept coming. What I believe happened was due to the lag, the user sends the redeem, info goes to the server, server sends back. However due to so much traffic and lag put on the server, the info gets lost, therefore the server dose not get a response conformation from user's net (that they received); and therefore the server sends again and again till it it has gotten a response.

That is how I believe people gotten multiple of times. b:bye
  • insiak
    insiak Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    just ppl that get alot orbs don't want roll back,,, so u don't buy it just put code and abuse of it... rollback and just think that nothing was happening

Actually if you will look through theard pages you will find people who got nothing but are still against rollback cause of what they farmed/achieved today (not to mention it's x2 too).

"Everyone happy" is not possible to achieve at this point, especially considering what a storm last rollback caused.

Honestly there is no good solution for that.
  • cawcawwww
    cawcawwww Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    malinozes wrote: »
    Wasnt it dreamchaser?

dreamchaser was minor and I don't think they ever did anything about it, maidenkissed was when people were setting up catshop's with 900 GST's
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ppl that abused n got to +10 frm +5 will never want roll backs xD
  • JilianaSedai - Lost City
    JilianaSedai - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is completely ridiculous. You impose a time limit to redeem this code which is only necessary because you guys completely SCREWED UP. Then, you disable it because people are actually doing what they want to with it, but still keep the time limit in place?
    thank you perfect world for reminding me why I quit this stupid game in the first place. b:angry
  • malinozes
    malinozes Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So they post a freaking code to compensate a unexpected reroll and when you use the code, says "Wait 10 minutes to redeem this code again" and most did it, and you guys want bans and reroll for that? Why Players keep gettin screwed and not the people that made the mistake in the first place? They did **** twice in 2 weeks, and we gonna pay for it? Rollback and lose all the time u spent playing, is just RIDICULOUS.
  • Stoli - Heavens Tear
    Stoli - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm not referring to those that got 2 or 3...some got 60+ and many got 20+ those are the obvious exploiters..simple solution and fair to everyone is to just do a rollback!

Someone I know in game also got a massive amount, not from rage clicking, but also from following the advice of the page. He told me at the time he responded to my world chat he had at least 45 orbs already and his account was super full of items... He said he only clicked it once. Whether that is true or not, if there's others with that same issue, if they truly did NOT abuse, they will be banned like the abusers.

Either way, there's no happy ending to this, I agree with everyone on this. No way to make everyone happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heaven's Tear--
    Stoli -- Sage Cleric (Main) -- Dominus Marshal
    _River -- 101 Demon Veno (Retired)
    Echosaridy -- 101 Sage Sin (Alt)
    Sarifikara -- 80 Blademaster (Future Demon)
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    dont u lock ur doors when u go to sleep at night? maybe thief's wont come bt we do for security n not all ppl likes or remembered there moral science classes n when we r taking abt 40-45m worth stuffs most will n hv did it no they ned to compensate over compensation XD they will rename it to compensation world international

Okay trying to make sense out of that b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Isn't it ironic that they call this the final compensation...for all servers???? b:laugh

With respect to everyone else, why the hell do we (all other servers) need to be compensated for what happened to Archo server in the first place? With what has happened, the only real compensation for this is to not disable the redeem code and let everyone else get their fair chance in getting the orbs. This is worst than the time they put 11+ and 12+ star orbs in the boutique, or took off the metals of glory from the DQ page. And I thought it could never get worst than that.
  • DarthVapor - Sanctuary
    DarthVapor - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I for one believe whole hearted that a rollback is in order. I could care less whether those that abused the system are punished. What I care about is that an offer from pwi which is meant to be accessible to every/certain players is awarded to said players, not multiple items to a few of the players.

Perhaps, if the powers that be feel the need to compensate players, they actually test the coding before releasing it into the game.

Neodaystar:
    I agree. Why should anyone on servers other than Archo have had access to the compensation/promo code? Classic example of action before thought.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    instead of giving everyone the same code that could of been redeemed unlimited number of times why didn't you just email each player an unique code that could of only been used once? b:surrender
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why would pwi reward every server for an issue that ONLY OCCURRED ON ARCHOSAUR server? IMO the codes should have only ever been issued to Archo server as none of the other servers had a catastrophic rollback....

PWE/PWI gets dumber every day I swear, I have been working on my gears for years now and finally got my r9 and now r9r3 and worked hard to even get freaking +5/7 refines and now every freaking person has +10...

GET REAL PWE fix your broken game...

Start by firing people who don't know what they are doing, because as of late it pretty freaking obvious that SOME of your employees don't know what they are doing...

Then hire people who can get the job done right.. And to those who say this isn't PWI/PWE's fault, you are completely wrong... if the site said wait 10 mins to redeem again that is their fault, not the players.. Kudos to those who were honest enough not to abuse but... still.. it's not the players fault..

The one thing PWI/PWE doesn't understand is the number one rule of customer service... THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT... you don't want to lose customers? You better start learning this rule..

The majority of your CUSTOMERS, because that is what we are, want a ROLLBACK 24 hours, 48, whatever, fix your problem don't punish us for your mistakes...

Fire your incompetent people and hire people who can handle running the game....

If I made a mistake at work that caused 1000's of customers to get UNLIMITED FREE merchandise you bet your butt I would be fired immediately...

<3 Colorful messages make me smile <3

+1 you got fired ppl...theyl be now homelss...dammit...Lets start gettin some money for future homelss ppl we maybe played together !
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If Gms have a resolution come out so i can decide i should stay or be done for this game.b:cute.
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    if they dont roll back imma be forced to cashshop enough coin to +12 all my gear so i canz be op like every1 else b:angry
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Someone I know in game also got a massive amount, not from rage clicking, but also from following the advice of the page. He told me at the time he responded to my world chat he had at least 45 orbs already and his account was super full of items... He said he only clicked it once. Whether that is true or not, if there's others with that same issue, if they truly did NOT abuse, they will be banned like the abusers.

Either way, there's no happy ending to this, I agree with everyone on this. No way to make everyone happy.

Like I said do a rollback..only way you can fix it...extend 2x another week..everyone except the real abusers should be happy with that solution...some I don't care what you do they won't be happy! I just don't think they should leave massive orbs in the game like that!
  • Naishuitama - Dreamweaver
    Naishuitama - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I for one believe whole hearted that a rollback is in order. I could care less whether those that abused the system are punished. What I care about is that an offer from pwi which is meant to be accessible to every/certain players is awarded to said players, not multiple items to a few of the players.

Perhaps, if the powers that be feel the need to compensate players, they actually test the coding before releasing it into the game.

Have fun playing with NOBODY if people are banned. 99.9% of PWI did this.

*Rolls back server*
    *Bans everyone that went on the page*

It's dead.
This discussion has been closed.