New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Nope... you just need 105 for the maximum extra attribute points... except you can get that after you reach 100 (post-reincarnation) by dumping EXP into your historic level until that reaches 105.

Apologies if this appears rude, but is this 100% confirmed or educated guess as I am currently busting my *** off getting to 105 before this comes out and probably wont make it, so if we can do this then that means I can reincarnate as the expansion comes out rather than miss out on the 'hype' by a month or so.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    You know... I hadn't even thought of that. It'll be confusing enough with all the avatar issues we already have half the time too...

You don't say...b:angry
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Apologies if this appears rude, but is this 100% confirmed or educated guess as I am currently busting my *** off getting to 105 before this comes out and probably wont make it, so if we can do this then that means I can reincarnate as the expansion comes out rather than miss out on the 'hype' by a month or so.

Anyone above lvl 100 will be able to ascend... behold https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzupgullcGo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone above lvl 100 will be able to ascend... behold https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzupgullcGo

That's not what he's asking. Read better.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I think everyone is trying to lvl the must they can, I'm currently at 50% so I should be fine to get 105, but if I'm not (depend when it get release) than I'll finish my 105 before rebirth.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    you could say its both since it is something that the CN players and the JP players blog have experienced. The blog stated before its kind of a waste of time getting to 105. At the time i didnt know what it really meant but its starting to make sense now.

Sadly the players here who do have access to the current CN and testing this wont be confirming much of anything since it would kill any advantage they would have. A handful of our faction members including asterelle are playing. They were quick to post public news but stopped with the details unless specifically asked. (like that reward for the new dungeon)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Days after days, and announcement is still not here. I don't think we'll get the expansion before 2014

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Days after days, and announcement is still not here. I don't think we'll get the expansion before 2014

The front page says hi. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so u can reincarnate only 1 time?
    i heard ppl talking about it but so far cant find anywhere where its confirmed

some say 2 some say 5...other says 1 (which i would like the most)
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Yeah, misunderstood what I meant but ty for your response regardless.
    I think everyone is trying to lvl the must they can, I'm currently at 50% so I should be fine to get 105, but if I'm not (depend when it get release) than I'll finish my 105 before rebirth.

That's what I'm doing atm, except I'm at 50% to 104 b:surrender
    you could say its both since it is something that the CN players and the JP players blog have experienced. The blog stated before its kind of a waste of time getting to 105. At the time i didnt know what it really meant but its starting to make sense now.

Sadly the players here who do have access to the current CN and testing this wont be confirming much of anything since it would kill any advantage they would have. A handful of our faction members including asterelle are playing. They were quick to post public news but stopped with the details unless specifically asked. (like that reward for the new dungeon)

The thing is, it states you get 2x experience once you reincarnate, I'm assuming this stacks with any 2x or if 2x isn't on then the esoterica things. So leveling up again shouldn't be too much of a problem though I will still probably take my time getting to 105.

However, that bit about dumping exp to your 'historic level' I just hope this doesn't carry a penalty i.e. you still get 1 current exp = 1 historic lvl exp and not like 90% of it, if so it may be better to hit 105 before you reincarnate.

Also there are always some differences between what is implemented in CN version and our version so the details may not always be dependable. If no one knows then yeah all we can do is wait and see. Back to my Phoenix Valley cage b:cry
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Might as well keep leveling anyway till the expansion comes...then once you have your answers you'll see.

Either way, seeing how well things are working for the game lately (/sarcasm) I'm considering waiting a few days before trying the rebirth thing, to make sure its not bugged.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so u can reincarnate only 1 time?
    i heard ppl talking about it but so far cant find anywhere where its confirmed

some say 2 some say 5...other says 1 (which i would like the most)

You can reincarnate twice (though we're not sure what use the second reincarnation is, you don't get an extra set of stat points on the second reincarnation.)
    The thing is, it states you get 2x experience once you reincarnate, I'm assuming this stacks with any 2x or if 2x isn't on then the esoterica things. So leveling up again shouldn't be too much of a problem though I will still probably take my time getting to 105.

However, that bit about dumping exp to your 'historic level' I just hope this doesn't carry a penalty i.e. you still get 1 current exp = 1 historic lvl exp and not like 90% of it, if so it may be better to hit 105 before you reincarnate.

Also there are always some differences between what is implemented in CN version and our version so the details may not always be dependable. If no one knows then yeah all we can do is wait and see. Back to my Phoenix Valley cage b:cry

You get 4x experience from quests and monster kills from levels 1-99 after reincarnation. This stacks additively with hypers (so you get 15x normal experience from monster kills while hypering); how it stacks (if it does) with server 2x or training esotericas is unknown.

The training demon who will dump XP to your historical high level can be activated once you have again reached level 100. There is no word on any penalty for doing so; yours is the first post I've seen that even raises the possibility.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The training demon who will dump XP to your historical high level can be activated once you have again reached level 100. There is no word on any penalty for doing so; yours is the first post I've seen that even raises the possibility.

This video shows off the feature, there's no penalty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IHQTI_54N4
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if this was answered, but would we be able to enter 100+ PV instance after reincarnation based on historical lvl?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    I haven't seen anything specifically on that. You can enter the Chrono worlds after reincarnation, provided you already had them opened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    http://blog-imgs-49.fc2.com/r/u/s/rustrust/2013120421085029d.png

they posted a pic where the player (archer) who got 6 S-class cards on a PK server and no one can come out to do quests lol....
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, misunderstood what I meant but ty for your response regardless.

So sorry, I haven't a clue how i misquoted you, I was actually trying to quote this reply, the answer I gave was addressed towards Shayd :
    People still forget that to reincarnate you need to hit 105 and that is an achievement itself with the EXP requirement after 100 being multplied by sick ammounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    very important question for me:
    i just hit 104 and is it worth leveling any further at the moment?
    lets say i reach 104 andf 30% into 105 when the update comes, will i keep the 30% in my historic level?
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So let's see if I got this right...

You can ascend after level 100 and when you do you're given a set amount of extra stat points, depending on your current level. After you get to level 100 again you can start feeding the exp you gain to your "historical" character, leveling up to gain the extra stat points you missed if you ascended before level 105.

Is that right?

And three questions:

1. Will you get your extra stat points you missed as soon as your "historical" character levels up?

2. Will you have to level up both your "historical" and ascended character to 105 to get max stats?

3. Will ascending a 2nd time give any benefits at all?
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    1. As far as I know, yes.

2. Yes (historical character to 105 for max reincarnation bonus, ascended character to 105 for the extra 25 stat points (difference between 100 and 105.)

3. I'm sure it will, but I don't think anyone on these forums has figured it out yet. There's something on the Japanese blog (specifically, the Q19 portion) that might mean you can dump experience into your historical level on second rebirth, but I'm not sure I'm interpreting it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    PWE posted a blog about the card system.

It's...interesting I guess although I don't quite like it but I'll have to judge after their effects are seen in-game.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    PWE posted a blog about the card system.

It's...interesting I guess although I don't quite like it but I'll have to judge after their effects are seen in-game.

Link please?

• CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, it's interesting. But let me guess where will be able to get those cards... Hm... it's really hard to guess... Nah, just joking - probably packs b:laugh
    Link please?
    are you serious? pwi.perfectworld.com and find it yourself :D
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, it's interesting. But let me guess where will be able to get those cards... Hm... it's really hard to guess... Nah, just joking - probably packs b:laugh

are you serious? pwi.perfectworld.com and find it yourself :D

0.0002% chance for S+ cards b:victory
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Am I the only one who is more excited about renovating the vanilla stuff? Like new look for the skills, new starting zones?

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was excited at first but right now I'm not even looking forward the expansion. Then again, I lost my motivation to play for the past few days and that's not even related to the dragon orb fiasco thing.
    Maybe I need a break -shrugs-
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    I was excited at first but right now I'm not even looking forward the expansion. Then again, I lost my motivation to play for the past few days and that's not even related to the dragon orb fiasco thing.
    Maybe I need a break -shrugs-

Take a break, I'll take care of your account while your gone =)
    edited December 2013
    3. I'm sure it will, but I don't think anyone on these forums has figured it out yet. There's something on the Japanese blog (specifically, the Q19 portion) that might mean you can dump experience into your historical level on second rebirth, but I'm not sure I'm interpreting it right.
    it states that after every rebirth of the card, it notes the dates down and when you want to lv it up at the time of rebirth you check mark the date you want the exp from
    Skills you couldnt obtain due to rebirthing can be obtained at this point.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    it states that after every rebirth of the card, it notes the dates down and when you want to lv it up at the time of rebirth you check mark the date you want the exp from
    Skills you couldnt obtain due to rebirthing can be obtained at this point.

Card? That particular blog post isn't about the War Avatar cards, it's about the Reincarnation System. There's a later blog post with Q&A about the War Avatar cards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Card? That particular blog post isn't about the War Avatar cards, it's about the Reincarnation System. There's a later blog post with Q&A about the War Avatar cards.
    oh i assumed it was cards cause i only took a quick looky. But the translation is still the same. Just substitute players instead of cards.
    oh yeah also its only 'noted' down starting from the 2nd birth in which you can choose either 1st or 2nd to use from by checking.
This discussion has been closed.