New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Comments

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People talking about instance and events, but not about what u get from it lol....

Money or gtfo

^This
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    from what TP says, yes the rewards are cards o.o

*does a foxy dance*
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i wish they would take longer time to bring out this content

i mean there r so many stuff which aren't fixed

yes its pretty exciting but pwi aint rdy for it yet
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Isn't the new expansion called ''New Horizons''? Or the OP just didn't have the chance to update the main post.
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Didn't get the chance to update.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    I'm very excited for this expansion, last time I was giggling like this was Rising Tide Expansion, and I'm almost 21. The reason is not the skills or zones, well they are cool and always something new to explore but I'm mainly after the Archosaur Studios coming back, they know how the game works so hopefully we'll have working cool expansion, with new stuff and some others fixed, like vanilla content...*Cough* Arena *Cough* Balance classes a little more, like the classes having better animations now. I wish they added Character server transfer

• Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dont release the s cards it will *** up pvp. pvp is actually good now cause no one can herp derp with f1.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    dont release the s cards it will *** up pvp. pvp is actually good now cause no one can herp derp with f1.

Oh yeah Rank gear and ton of Cash shop items give a lot of balance in PvP

• Unitarium - Archosaur
    Unitarium - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How many times can i reborn ?

It's just once. Or infinite times ? Can i reborn 50 times and cumulate attributes ?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Currently you can reincarnate twice; there's a hard cap of 10 times built into the program, but it's unknown if the reincarnation cap will be lifted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Unitarium - Archosaur
    Unitarium - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Let me see if i understood.

If i reborn lvl 101 i get 25 more points against 72 points in lvl 105.

So if i reborn 10 times into lvl 101 i will have 250 extra points.

But if i reborn 10 times into lvl 105 i will have 720 extra points.

So is that ? It's almost three times more points. So worth reborn level 105 in long-term.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited December 2013

So is that ? It's almost three times more points. So worth reborn level 105 in long-term.

It's hard enough getting to 105. Imagine doing that 10 times. I don't think it's worth it. Actually, I don't think it's a good idea to go back to level 1 at all. In a game like Disgaea (only one I could think of), you can go back to level one and have higher stats and whatnot. However, unlike PW, you can get back to the max level of 9999 in a few battles if you have the right stuff. That makes it worth it. I can't say the same for PW because it won't just take a few battles, it could potentially take years.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    It's hard enough getting to 105. Imagine doing that 10 times. I don't think it's worth it. Actually, I don't think it's a good idea to go back to level 1 at all. In a game like Disgaea (only one I could think of), you can go back to level one and have higher stats and whatnot. However, unlike PW, you can get back to the max level of 9999 in a few battles if you have the right stuff. That makes it worth it. I can't say the same for PW because it won't just take a few battles, it could potentially take years.
    It's the same situation as Disgaea actually. The long route for those who don't grind efficiently will take forever, sure... but for those who do grind effectively it wouldn't take nearly as long to get back to the cap.

You're mistaken. From what we know right now, you only get the stat points once, with the ability to increase "historic level" to make up for reincarnating before 105. We're still not sure what the benefit is to doing this more than once.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013

Based on the information that's currently available to us this is not how it works. The way it works appears to be this:

-Ascend (aka reincarnate) one time at lvl 101 and get 25 additional points.

-Level up to lvl100 again (gain 4x EXP up to lvl99).

-At lvl 100 ascended, infuse (incoming?) EXP on "historical level" (your original 101) to level up the historical level. Achieve 105 on historical level. Gain remaining points.
    Have 72 additional stat points in total.

-Ascend a second time. Currently unknown what you get or what's the benefit of it. You don't get more stat points.

-Level up to 100 again.

-Level up to 105 again if you want.

The ascend cap is set at 2 currently. You cannot ascend more than twice. The maximum points you can possibly get from ascending is 72. Ascending a second time doesn't give you more stat points.
    The system includes 10 ascensions but we can only do it twice. The other 8 are disabled.
  • Rye - Morai
    Rye - Morai Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013

See how does this thing work.

Upon reincarnation you loose your lvl and all the stats you have due to your lvl.
    Instead, you become lvl 1 and get [5/5/5/5 start stat points] + [bonus stat points depending on your historical lvl].

Upon the next reincarnation you will similarly loose your lvl, your lvl stats and these extra stats. However you still will be granted [5/5/5/5 start stat points] + [bonus stat points depending on your historical lvl]. I.e. the bonus stats are just overwritten, not stacked. That doesn't make sence if your historical lvl wasn't changed, since the amount of stats you'd get won't change also.

BUT you can use the experience you gained upon lvling through 1-100 to upgrade your historical lvl. So to say, the only goal of multiple reincarnation is to reach a 105 historical.

Accordingly, there are two ways to get an absolute maximum of stats via this system:

1. [Get 105 using traditional lvling methods] -> [reincarnate] -> [Get 105 using traditional lvling methods]

OR

2. [Reincarnate from your current lvl] -> [reach 1-100 several times thus lvling your historical to 105] -> [reincarnate from 105 historical] -> [Get 105 using traditional lvling methods].
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's the same situation as Disgaea actually. The long route for those who don't grind efficiently will take forever, sure... but for those who do grind effectively it wouldn't take nearly as long to get back to the cap.

When I hit about 88 I went to a few FF's - and this helped me get over the last %'s each level, but I did (during 2x) manage to grind it out from 90-91 since my hypers were on cool.

I just find a large lack of quests from 89-95 to help me get to 95 where I can enter the new instance for more quests.

I think the 95-100 is what is going to be pretty painful also.

I look forward to this expansion and hope it offers more quests for all of us - with good experience. I rather like questing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8J_IFYDzi0

Found some gameplay, apparently when you make new character it spawns you...where? Is this the Old world?

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8J_IFYDzi0

Found some gameplay, apparently when you make new character it spawns you...where? Is this the Old world?

I actually watched this a couple of days ago b:chuckle
    It seems interesting for new players, free goodies!

I'm actually considering making an alt when the expansion is released just to try it out.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I actually watched this a couple of days ago b:chuckle
    It seems interesting for new players, free goodies!

I'm actually considering making an alt when the expansion is released just to try it out.
    why would you want to make another noob, when you're already a noob, whose going to have their noob turned back into an even noobier noob, that'll be like twice the noobiness. f:bike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Few quick questions about this new expansion, for anyone who knows.

1.) When you reincarnate for the first time, do you loose your quests that have been completed? In other words, do you have to redo any quests from before?

2.) After reincarnation, what happens to your gear? I've seen some screenshots of people having their gear for level 100+ equipped, but does it count if your a level 1?

3.) After reincarnation, what happens to your level 10 skills? What about your maxed skills (demon/sage, 79, 100, and Morai)? I'm curious, because I've heard one of two things:
    A.) They stay the same
    B.) You have to combine them into each-other to use them

4.) What instances are accessible when you reincarnate? I've heard that FF is still do-able, but since you *probably* don't need FBs all over again, what are the requirements for instances, if any?

5.) What probable methods are people using to get to 100+ again on PW-CN? I'm assuming the usual; that being, FF/PV/BHs.

Thanks!
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • opkossy
    edited December 2013
    Few quick questions about this new expansion, for anyone who knows.

1.) When you reincarnate for the first time, do you loose your quests that have been completed? In other words, do you have to redo any quests from before?

2.) After reincarnation, what happens to your gear? I've seen some screenshots of people having their gear for level 100+ equipped, but does it count if your a level 1?

3.) After reincarnation, what happens to your level 10 skills? What about your maxed skills (demon/sage, 79, 100, and Morai)? I'm curious, because I've heard one of two things:
    A.) They stay the same
    B.) You have to combine them into each-other to use them

4.) What instances are accessible when you reincarnate? I've heard that FF is still do-able, but since you *probably* don't need FBs all over again, what are the requirements for instances, if any?

5.) What probable methods are people using to get to 100+ again on PW-CN? I'm assuming the usual; that being, FF/PV/BHs.

Thanks!

1) No idea. I haven't been keeping as close an eye on this as I should, so it may have already been answered.

2) Your historic level determines gear you can use. However you also need to meet stat requirements. So if you had a set of full R8 gear, you can wear that without issue at level 1 due to a lack of stat requirements. R9 gear, on the other hand, you couldn't wear because of it has stat requirements too high for you to use.

3) You keep your skills at whatever levels they're at. Combining them appears to be completely optional.

4) My assumption is anything that needs a certain level to do (IE: Nirvana) won't be accessible until you get that level again. However, stuff that doesn't need a certain level (IE: ... pretty much any instance with a glowing portal to enter on the world map) can be run through at any time.

5) PV/BH/Grinding on hypers most likely. Hypers working in Frost is pretty much a PWI only thing, so it wouldn't be happening on PWCN.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    People still forget that to reincarnate you need to hit 105 and that is an achievement itself with the EXP requirement after 100 being multplied by sick ammounts.

• opkossy
    edited December 2013
    People still forget that to reincarnate you need to hit 105 and that is an achievement itself with the EXP requirement after 100 being multplied by sick ammounts.

Nope... you just need 105 for the maximum extra attribute points... except you can get that after you reach 100 (post-reincarnation) by dumping EXP into your historic level until that reaches 105.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Kossy do you know what will happen with the forum avatars with all that rebirth lvl again thing??
  • opkossy
    edited December 2013
    Kossy do you know what will happen with the forum avatars with all that rebirth lvl again thing??

You know... I hadn't even thought of that. It'll be confusing enough with all the avatar issues we already have half the time too...

I wonder if maybe we'll get new borders for this or something.... It'll certainly make people saying avatar levels are a useless thing to point at even more valid, though!
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    1) No idea. I haven't been keeping as close an eye on this as I should, so it may have already been answered.
    Haven't got much confirmation on this one; I know that you retain your cultivation, so you won't need to repeat any cultivation quests. I think there was some mention of reincarnated quests giving out more exp, but that's hidden inside one of the 100+ pages in this thread. Otherwise, no idea if any other quests get reset.

EDIT:Unrelated update
    There's a new blog post on the CN site; It's basically talking about PK and stuff. They mention that some of the new stuff, like dailies, will be out in the open, letting you turn safety off and fight other guys who are there.
    Link~
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you complete the dark orange/red quest you get at lv100 (which gives mulberry's aid title)

The description for the title says "Completed the pre-requisite quest for the Reincarnation"

A convenient hint perhaps? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    EDIT:Unrelated update
    There's a new blog post on the CN site; It's basically talking about PK and stuff. They mention that some of the new stuff, like dailies, will be out in the open, letting you turn safety off and fight other guys who are there.
    Link~

f:stare Interesting I guess.
    As far as I know PWCN servers are all PvP so how does this safety work? Is there some kind of new safety they have that they can turn off?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    f:stare Interesting I guess.
    As far as I know PWCN servers are all PvP so how does this safety work? Is there some kind of new safety they have that they can turn off?

You called it! I think it's probably only referring for the CN servers, all being pvp servers, and the fact that they will not be in safe zones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So is reincarnation a one time only thing or can it be done more than once? JW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.