Reviving The Game

Options

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    because thats the reason why many lvl fast to get to that 100, for bh100 rewards
    Ding ding ding. If the rewards still suck for low levels, forcing people to quest or not, it isn't going to matter, they're still going to find the fastest way to 100+.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ding ding ding. If the rewards still suck for low levels, forcing people to quest or not, it isn't going to matter, they're still going to find the fastest way to 100+.

DING DING DING. They'll do whatever is the fastest. Without FF, questing and PV is the fastest. Takes 2 days if you no life do them all. In a top heavy game, you're going to have people finding the fastest way to endgame. That's why you make it so the fastest way to level doesn't isolate new players by design. It's not like the current players has an active hatred towards new players. They don't see them because the content doesn't overlap at all. If you made it so the fastest way to level is by doing the content, people will do that. If you made it so the fastest way to level is by doing FC, people will do that. It doesn't mean they prefer to do it that way or like it that way, it means that they are choosing the quickest and easiest route to get to their destination. You have to ask to know their real opinion. And the poll asked. Their real opinion on the matter is demonstrated in the poll, which was taken at a time when the playerbase was flooding the forums in droves. While the GM was informing them of what was happening, he asked them also to take the poll. That's why the numbers for that poll is so much larger than a typical forum poll. It contains far more players than the usual suspects here.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If you ppl dont lke do FF, dont do FF. No one is forcing you.b:laugh
    giphy.gif

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Agreed.

I recently made a new character to get an idea of things that could be improved. Only had a few hours one day to play him so far, but he got to 30 and I made note of some things that I think really could be improved.

The only somewhat difficult part I had was the beginning quests, levels 1-18ish. First off, these quests didn't seem to get hit by the revamp and so with the silly drops like Buddha's Hand and DQ21-31 being nerfed I didn't even have money to teleport, let alone gear up and get all the skills available. They should revamp these quests to give a little more cash.

Ok question. What class did you play? I recently played all of the classes because I was in the process of updating the low level quests on wiki but the only one that didn't get a revamp on coins was the Tideborn quests levels 1-19 at least. Every other race got a big boost with the coin rewards so I had no problem with not having enough coin for teleporting or skills (Tideborns however I did). I don't know about anything level 20+ I haven't had the time to get that far yet.

Secondly, the character run speed on most characters is atrociously slow, and the early quests had a *lot* of running (especially with no money to teleport). When doing the quests themselves I had fun but I found it got really boring for me with the fact that I was running more than I was questing at times. I think they could improve this by putting some sort of timed mount in the supply stash available on the first opening, or just have an NPC give a quest to get it at level 1. I was able to stash an anni mount to my new character at level 10 which helped immensely, but a new player will not have that option.

The level 10 Supply Stash should have had 10 teleport incense in it. By the time I was level 21 on most of the races I had maybe 8 stones left. There is also the timed flyer that is in the level 15 Supply Stash that should last through levels 20-30 if you plan to play for some hours on a non-work day.

Third, I think more quests for gear rewards in the early levels would be nice. You get the one quest that outfits you right off the bat, but other than that you just get a few bits and pieces and no cash to supplement that. (Dreamchaser pack takes care of that entirely but those are not available most of the time.) It would be nice to have a quest every 10 levels or so for a whole new set of gear, maybe until the 40s-50s (not super OP gear either, but maybe a step up from NPC gear... like 3* equivalent). This could also be done via the supply stash.

Well your right this would be nice. I know some of those blue quests have some gear you could use as a reward but the sad part is that it doesn't apply to all armor or weapon types and there is only ever 2 choices. Those quests are seriously old though.

Fourth, if they are going to make levelling so fast they should reduce the reputation required to use the tab for FBs. My new character was 23 before I got my culti 19 done (I was trying to do quests in order) and I still didn't have the required reputation because I hadn't completed every quest available. While I'm all for the idea of needing to quest to get something like that, I also enjoy being able to use a reward weapon at the level it is available for.

That's funny I thought you couldn't get the first Rank until level 30. If you do all of your quests by that level you have plenty of reputation for the 1st Rank gear. But what weapon are you talking about?

And lastly (for now because I have to go to work), there should be a popup message when you get to the appropriate level for the Jolly Jones quests. It seems like most of the new players I talk to have no idea they exist, and they are really good for keeping up money-wise in the early levels.

A pop-up would be helpful, your right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    There is no way to really keep people in the lower level areas, unless you move quests around and keep them based to each starting town until say level 40-50. Just questing alone and you will get to that level in a few days. How is that really going to help keep that area populated?

Do you want to slow it back down to taking a week or more to reach level 40? Perhaps you think there will be enough new people joining each day and the turn-around will keep up with the demand for players in the area?

I'm with you that there needs to be changes made to help with the health of the game. I'm just not that certain that restricting fc and hypers would make that much of an impact.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    DING DING DING. They'll do whatever is the fastest. Without FF, questing and PV is the fastest. Takes 2 days if you no life do them all. In a top heavy game, you're going to have people finding the fastest way to endgame. That's why you make it so the fastest way to level doesn't isolate new players by design. It's not like the current players has an active hatred towards new players. They don't see them because the content doesn't overlap at all. If you made it so the fastest way to level is by doing the content, people will do that. If you made it so the fastest way to level is by doing FC, people will do that. It doesn't mean they prefer to do it that way or like it that way, it means that they are choosing the quickest and easiest route to get to their destination. You have to ask to know their real opinion. And the poll asked. Their real opinion on the matter is demonstrated in the poll, which was taken at a time when the playerbase was flooding the forums in droves. While the GM was informing them of what was happening, he asked them also to take the poll. That's why the numbers for that poll is so much larger than a typical forum poll. It contains far more players than the usual suspects here.
    Content overlap and low level questing was a thing of 2008 and 2009. Ever since then it's been purely optional due to the developers pushing players to endgame faster and players deciding that's what was in their best interest. Undoing that is illogical given the "save the game" premise, no condescending attitude will change that.
    There is no way to really keep people in the lower level areas, unless you move quests around and keep them based to each starting town until say level 40-50. Just questing alone and you will get to that level in a few days. How is that really going to help keep that area populated?

Do you want to slow it back down to taking a week or more to reach level 40? Perhaps you think there will be enough new people joining each day and the turn-around will keep up with the demand for players in the area?

I'm with you that there needs to be changes made to help with the health of the game. I'm just not that certain that restricting fc and hypers would make that much of an impact.
    Indeed.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    snip

Content overlap is necessary for the game to pull in new players. You cannot run a business on current customers alone. Businesses have done redesigns and changed things up all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But, in order to revive a dead or dying brand you have to make changes. Yes, it's a risk. But the game is definitely going to die if it doesn't pull in new players and that is just a bottom line. Blindly continuing to do the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results isn't going to save the game. That has neve worked well for humanity. And is such a cliche in the f2p industry it's become a trope. The ones that buck that trend of being new player hostile are the ones with the longest shelf life. There has to be dynamic action taken to get people interacting with new players again so that those new players will want to stay here, spend money here, and play on this game. And so that it isn't a huge deal just because someone leaves. If you want a product to succeed, one of the first things you have to do is deliver what you are advertising. PWI is a single player game, not an MMO, at early game. It is utter nonsense to claim that isn't impacting new people's decision to play or not. Especially when a few of them have taken to the forums themselves and said as much.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Content overlap is necessary for the game to pull in new players. You cannot run a business on current customers alone. Businesses have done redesigns and changed things up all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But, in order to revive a dead or dying brand you have to make changes. Yes, it's a risk. But the game is definitely going to die if it doesn't pull in new players and that is just a bottom line. Blindly continuing to do the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results isn't going to save the game. That has neve worked well for humanity. And is such a cliche in the f2p industry it's become a trope. The ones that buck that trend of being new player hostile are the ones with the longest shelf life. There has to be dynamic action taken to get people interacting with new players again so that those new players will want to stay here, spend money here, and play on this game. And so that it isn't a huge deal just because someone leaves. If you want a product to succeed, one of the first things you have to do is deliver what you are advertising. PWI is a single player game, not an MMO, at early game. It is utter nonsense to claim that isn't impacting new people's decision to play or not. Especially when a few of them have taken to the forums themselves and said as much.
    I won't touch the humanity part because you were right concerning the business aspect of things. As far as the business model for PWI, it was unambiguously decided to be a short term project as of September 2009 when you could directly get gear from the boutique (having worked for the F2P industry this shocked me because this was a huge taboo, but since then it's been well established and accepted by players and developers this is how it's going to be), followed by massive Oracles (thanks to tokens), Hypers, and all the content that pushed people to endgame faster. So at that point the pendulum swings not toward attaining new players but has been for the last 4 years aimed toward fast profits from impatient players who are willing to CS right off the bat, or the more desired audience from Wanmei, which is existing players (or more namely, existing CSers). This game has virtually no appeal to new players besides being an F2P game. Thumbing one's nose at veteran players is a terrible idea coupled with the idea stated that in OP that killing hypers for lowbies or FF for lowbies will bring players (and that this killed the population, which is patently false).. the worst thing that can be done right now is to restrict veterans even further who want to level alts.

If we pretend for a second that the expansion coming does in fact have new classes/races, who are the people that are gona put them on the map? The vets who will want to hyper powerlevel them to endgame, of course. This is Wanmei's target demographic for PWI and clearly has been since the Tideborn expansion.

If PWI was to be a long term project, anni packs would have never arrived. Levels would have, off the bat, been harder to attain, players would have spent longer period farming gear.

In order to achieve the goal stated in OP it isn't just hypers that need to be eliminated. Quest XP must be rolled back, Wanmei's target demographic for the boutique has to be rolled back. The game must be completely turned upside down (while pretending the current population will be satisfied with that).. and even with that one must hope that it's attractive to new blood with this drastic change. Way unrealistic. The only certain thing is Wanmei would be ****ting the bed with their only model that they know works for their blatantly short term goal. And like other companies whose games I've played with such models, once they and their investors realize the jig is up, and the profit has shrunk so much that it isn't reasonably profitable, they will pull the plug on their servers (which is why I'm hoping they merge servers so this doesn't happen sooner rather than later) and the game will commence by private servers only.

That's why you enjoy the early time of games like this, and hold fondly the memories you had of how things were, and enjoy the game as it is as time goes on (or move on), because it won't ever be the same no matter how much you wish it to be.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Lol there was no option for none of the above. Why do you care? it doesn't harm you. Just don't take them in squads if you don't want them.
    I can see that you didn't read the first post before hitting the Reply button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    [Lots and lots of the same arguments from the last thirty pages]
    I know you understand that a lack of new blood will kill the game. But you worry so much about the veterans when you've specifically said that PWI is doomed anyway. Maybe you should take your own advice and just enjoy the game as-is in (what you're certain are) its final days. It should be obvious by now that you're not going to change the minds of the people you call pie-in-the-sky fantasists, so why are you still trying? Why not just leave us to our apparent whimsy?

Not going to get into another wall-o-text war. I'm happy to leave you to your delusions if you'll leave us to what you perceive to be ours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That's why you enjoy the early time of games like this, and hold fondly the memories you had of how things were, and enjoy the game as it is as time goes on (or move on), because it won't ever be the same no matter how much you wish it to be.
    Or...

You can take a game with as extreme of a potential as PWI does really have, and rework it toward a long term goal rather than just "oh well, that was a nice run while it lasted, we quit". And I am fairly certain that like myself, most of the people looking to have PWI revised (only beginning with fc & hyper restrictions, as no one with common sense stated that was THEE fix toward longevity), do not care about fond memories or nostalgia. We are looking at nothing less than a long term goal aimed revisal of an rpgmmo with amazing potential... PWI. Given the entire thread in favor of said changes (please note "changes") beginning at the OP, all in favor of said changes being made do not want PWI to be as it is or was.

Archosaur Studios is back. I hope they are not back just for hype. They seem to be the only ones that can make the changes that would be needed, if PWI is going to have a real future. If this is to be the case, then so much for the "short term cash cow machine" that you have so easily given in to accepting. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Or...

You can take a game with as extreme of a potential as PWI does really have, and rework it toward a long term goal rather than just "oh well, that was a nice run while it lasted, we quit". And I am fairly certain that like myself, most of the people looking to have PWI revised (only beginning with fc & hyper restrictions, as no one with common sense stated that was THEE fix toward longevity), do not care about fond memories or nostalgia. We are looking at nothing less than a long term goal aimed revisal of an rpgmmo with amazing potential... PWI. Given the entire thread in favor of said changes (please note "changes") beginning at the OP, all in favor of said changes being made do not want PWI to be as it is or was.

Archosaur Studios is back. I hope they are not back just for hype. They seem to be the only ones that can make the changes that would be needed, if PWI is going to have a real future. If this is to be the case, then so much for the "short term cash cow machine" that you have so easily given in to accepting. b:bye
    Agreed. If Archosaur studios is truly back and are allowed to continue the development along the paths they had originally envisioned, this game has the potential to stand alongside other MMO's like EQ that have thrived for many years. (Eq's at 15 years now I think, and next year has a huge new level of the client planned for the third version.)

Unfortunately, we will never see it if we kill the game by pounding our heads on the ceiling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Or...

You obviously didn't read my past posts where I decried this type of short term lifespan that PWI is.. and I won't be surprised that people do fall for hype, getting people to fall for hype is a staple of the F2P MMO industry, and one thing you can rely on with the masses is they consistently fall for it.

I do enjoy reading how PWI can be this booming MMORPG in the face of far better games released, and 4 years of ****ting the bed on a long term model. Not only do all MMORPGs (especially in the F2P industry) have their moments of peak followed by constant decline, the time for PWI to grow it's population and keeping it was way back there. Obviously the reassertion that hypers and FF are to blame and that changing this as well as, overall, flipping this game upside down will have some net positive effect (experimentation to this degree is undoubtedly best for private servers) is just as short sighted as has been the case with the way PWI was developed and maintained. Think of me as a reality check that's telling you there's no Santa.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You obviously didn't read my past posts where I decried this type of short term lifespan that PWI is.. and I won't be surprised that people do fall for hype, getting people to fall for hype is a staple of the F2P MMO industry, and one thing you can rely on with the masses is they consistently fall for it.

I do enjoy reading how PWI can be this booming MMORPG in the face of far better games released, and 4 years of ****ting the bed on a long term model. Not only do all MMORPGs (especially in the F2P industry) have their moments of peak followed by constant decline, the time for PWI to grow it's population and keeping it was way back there. Obviously the reassertion that hypers and FF are to blame and that changing this as well as, overall, flipping this game upside down will have some net positive effect (experimentation to this degree is undoubtedly best for private servers) is just as short sighted as has been the case with the way PWI was developed and maintained. Think of me as a reality check that's telling you there's no Santa.
    Translation: Everyone who supports restricting Frost powerleveling is ignorant of the facts.

I've told you this many times. We can be aware of the hype and the history, take all of it with a grain of salt, and still support this change. It doesn't matter how many walls of text you make. If we were going to agree with you, we'd have done it by now after over 40 pages.
    Agreed. If Archosaur studios is truly back and are allowed to continue the development along the paths they had originally envisioned, this game has the potential to stand alongside other MMO's like EQ that have thrived for many years. (Eq's at 15 years now I think, and next year has a huge new level of the client planned for the third version.)
    I just hope communication improves, personally. We never had a viable line of communication to the current devs, but Arch may be more willing and able to fix the same persistent issues which fell on deaf ears before. Key word "may," of course. It's entirely possible that management will pull the leash too tight on that and favor the bottlenecks we already have, but it's still a net positive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Translation: Everyone who supports restricting Frost powerleveling is ignorant of the facts.

I've told you this many times. We can be aware of the hype and the history, take all of it with a grain of salt, and still support this change. It doesn't matter how many walls of text you make. If we were going to agree with you, we'd have done it by now after over 40 pages.
    b:chuckle

So the reason I'm posting is to make you agree with me? You sure about that?

Evidently I was totally unaware that I'd be met with rabid opposition from a select few posters.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I never supported (or even like) power leveling either, however even if the devs decide to restrict FC and using hypers, there are still other power leveling methods (high levels killing level appropiate mobs for the low levels, such as PQ). It is just simply because most mob kills give low exp/sp (most bosses too), DQ NPC price (A spiteful move) and drop rate. Resulting people to be discouraged from grinding in the first place. So of course they rather power level, but now they are so used to the leveling speed and quests have made it more rewarding and much easier, they rather just level up much faster to do BH100 instead.

There is too much of a reason to make chars go to endgame; skills (Most skills are level 100 which require morai/chrono page), gear (G16 gear completely dominates both PVE and PVP), certain dailies (Those excitement cards cause people to get money fast), etc. The mentality has to calm down first, otherwise, power leveling will continue too srtong.

Level cap in instances (and remove those heads from FF completely), more instances and events to have the new players explore more, somethings for low and mid level to get in order to help the characters more (runes/shards) for any level. Which could make old players desiring to cap their chars to a certain level in order to do these quests.

The best solution is to make old and new players enjoy the game. Old players are more difficult to please because they would get tired of doing the same thing.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle

So the reason I'm posting is to make you agree with me? You sure about that?

Evidently I was totally unaware that I'd be met with rabid opposition from a select few posters.
    Presumably one debates in order to influence. Meaning there's no point in responding to the "rabid" opposition unless you intend to influence their position. If you're telling me that you're already aware that's impossible for you to accomplish, then you're just here to cause conflict for the sake of causing conflict. What's that called again...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Presumably one debates in order to influence. Meaning there's no point in responding to the "rabid" opposition unless you intend to influence their position. If you're telling me that you're already aware that's impossible for you to accomplish, then you're just here to cause conflict for the sake of causing conflict. What's that called again...?
    That you've tried to frame me as a troll the entire time is not surprising. Nonetheless, we'll go over (again) why I'm posting in topics like these:

1) Because I'm a player with an opinion (I also am experienced with forums, and post on a variety of them), and when I'm actually playing the game, I post. When I'm not, I don't. Simple, isn't it? I don't hang around game's forums to cry about a game I'm not playing.
    2) There is a huge disproportionate representative of malcontents on the forum, and it worries me given some of developer response to prior endless QQ (example: Cube room 38 chrono quest) that they might believe the active playerbase shares this view -- thus make changes to the way the majority play due to a small group trying to dictate how they play because of this demonized play style. I'm representing the other side which are too busy playing to post this much on the forums, and showing that there is vehement opposition to these bad ideas.
    3) I tend to lay out an opinion once or a few times and leave it at that, but when I notice the same people responding to virtually every dissenting opinion in this topic, then when I get told to stop posting like I have been in this topic by people who only want one side of the debate represented, I do the opposite and post more.

/inb4"trollanyways"
    I never supported (or even like) power leveling either, however even if the devs decide to restrict FC and using hypers, there are still other power leveling methods (high levels killing level appropiate mobs for the low levels, such as PQ). It is just simply because most mob kills give low exp/sp (most bosses too), DQ NPC price (A spiteful move) and drop rate. Resulting people to be discouraged from grinding in the first place. So of course they rather power level, but now they are so used to the leveling speed and quests have made it more rewarding and much easier, they rather just level up much faster to do BH100 instead.

There is too much of a reason to make chars go to endgame; skills (Most skills are level 100 which require morai/chrono page), gear (G16 gear completely dominates both PVE and PVP), certain dailies (Those excitement cards cause people to get money fast), etc. The mentality has to calm down first, otherwise, power leveling will continue too srtong.

Level cap in instances (and remove those heads from FF completely), more instances and events to have the new players explore more, somethings for low and mid level to get in order to help the characters more (runes/shards) for any level. Which could make old players desiring to cap their chars to a certain level in order to do these quests.

The best solution is to make old and new players enjoy the game. Old players are more difficult to please because they would get tired of doing the same thing.
    Well put. People on the forums are virtually impossible to please, which is what a person who reads/posts will find out quickly -- something which will scare off most of those who are actually content with the game or have the ability to adapt. I do my fair share of complaining too, but for the most part, when I'm unhappy with the game, I leave and do something else.

Relating to the part about players keeping lowbie alts, that's actually been done for a while back when people would keep ~ level 30s and such to to farm things like hay, rough fur, etc -- and keep ~ level 70'ish toons to farm unwined FB59 for rep stamps. Once again, developers catered to endgame by putting instant oatmeal manufacturing in boutique.. which can easily be attained by farming with a lvl 100+. The developers have pushed this game far too much in the direction of 100+ content, players oblige.. it's far too late to undo that without pissing off the current/active playerbase, especially without any guarantee of them being replaced by new players.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Holy ****, it's a Yulk post that doesn't make me want to instantly start rolling my eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Holy ****, it's a Yulk post that doesn't make me want to instantly start rolling my eyes.
    I gave up years ago trying to follow what forum alts he was using. b:chuckle
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    Options
    [Would rather not quote your walls-of-text anymore for the sake of those who have already blocked you]
    You've been told innumerable times that the debate has been represented, multiple times and at great length, and that this is not the debate thread; you were not present for it. No one could stop you from making a thread to reinforce the dissenting opinion if you so chose; you did not. That you had open avenues for debate and chose not to use them, preferring insistently to wedge an argument where it didn't belong, shows that your intent was not to debate, but to destabilize.

Two people have already blocked your posts for this behavior. I would not be surprised if more were to follow.

Your presumptuous opinion on "malcontents" is as amusing as ever, but if you're so concerned of ridding the forums of the scourge of QQers, why don't you make a thread on malcontents? It would be a more productive method of addressing the problem as you see it while we address the problem as we see it. This is what they call "live and let live." :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Your presumptuous opinion on "malcontents" is as amusing as ever, but if you're so concerned of ridding the forums of the scourge of QQers, why don't you make a thread on malcontents?

There is a >thread for that already.
    Kinda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited October 2013
    Options
    if you're so concerned of ridding the forums of the scourge of QQers
    Putting words in my mouth again.. b:surrender
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Putting words in my mouth again.. b:surrender

So what are ya, the criminal who loves being chased just for the thrill of it or someone who has an over abundance of determination regardless of whether your beat or not.

Plus we keep replying to your wall o text o for the last 30-40 pages worth, that this is bout nothing more nothing less than to revitalize the game and its playerbase. So how thick headed and numbskulled are ya to get that through your electronic computer size head of yours?
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So what are ya, the criminal who loves being chased just for the thrill of it or someone who has an over abundance of determination regardless of whether your beat or not.
    I wonder if you'll figure it out at some point that telling me to leave or trying to troll me into leaving isn't going to work. Speaking of thick headed numbskulls..

Care to actually post anything relevant to the topic or are you going to just QQtroll and make the topic about me so it gets closed?

I doubt that's going to help your cause any.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Update: The petition currently has 36 signatures. If you've voted for this poll, please take the time to also sign the petition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    They continue to oppose FC and Hypers being level 75 restricted...
    And yet...
    posts like this continue to be the case...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    They continue to oppose FC and Hypers being level 75 restricted...
    And yet...
    posts like this continue to be the case...

He just went full Baka..
    NEVER go full Baka D;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ok question. What class did you play? I recently played all of the classes because I was in the process of updating the low level quests on wiki but the only one that didn't get a revamp on coins was the Tideborn quests levels 1-19 at least. Every other race got a big boost with the coin rewards so I had no problem with not having enough coin for teleporting or skills (Tideborns however I did). I don't know about anything level 20+ I haven't had the time to get that far yet.

I made a barb. I'm not sure what the cash from early quests had been previously, but both I and a friend that made a new mystic ran out of money and couldn't buy gear or teleport. But after I hit archosaur quests it was much better.
    The level 10 Supply Stash should have had 10 teleport incense in it. By the time I was level 21 on most of the races I had maybe 8 stones left. There is also the timed flyer that is in the level 15 Supply Stash that should last through levels 20-30 if you plan to play for some hours on a non-work day.

Teleport incense doesn't really help with things like running from Lost to Gate of Antiquity. It is handy for hitting town after you finish a quest but not for getting there. I just found early on that all the running made me want to quit and play another char, and that isn't a good thing. (Also the timed flyer is only 0.50 which is not really helpful when you get to the back and forth culti quests to the Mines out of west arch... all that travel at such a slow speed is horrible.)
    That's funny I thought you couldn't get the first Rank until level 30. If you do all of your quests by that level you have plenty of reputation for the 1st Rank gear. But what weapon are you talking about?

I didn't say anything about rank gear. What I said was I could not use the tabs for my FB19 because I did not have the required reputation. Yes, tabs require reputation to use. We didn't know this in the past because doing all of the quests gets you there, but now that you can hit 23+ without finishing the quests you are generally short rep by the time you want to do the FB. (I was at 73ish rep at lvl 23, having done most of the quests, but you need 80+ rep.) I could have just waited until even later when I had the rep, but the FB awards a nice weapon that you can use at level 19/20 and it would be nice to use it at that level. For some classes it is much nicer than the supply stash weapon.

But, I'll add it is also not true that if you do all of your quests you will have the rep by level 30 to attain rank 1 gear. I did every quest I had but I levelled so fast that they were backed up some, and when I got the message to visit the Commander-in-Chief I was still 50+ rep short of attaining the gear. But then, my barb still is only on the culti parts out of north arch and he is level 34 now. The speed is kind of ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited October 2013
    Options
    What I said was I could not use the tabs for my FB19 because I did not have the required reputation. Yes, tabs require reputation to use. We didn't know this in the past because doing all of the quests gets you there, but now that you can hit 23+ without finishing the quests you are generally short rep by the time you want to do the FB.
    This is wrong. People did know that you needed rep for tabs.

1) During 2x you would get level'd way too fast for all the quests, leaving you short for rep.

2) It was common to grind mobs well past quest kill count/kill drop limits.

3) People did repeatable rep quests like one man army's instead.
This discussion has been closed.