Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Options

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I really wonder what the reaction would be if purify got nerfed. Especially after reading this thread. f:hehe

Imagine a mix of the ewoks at the end of return of the jedi and "cry me a river"
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • dizzyrunks
    dizzyrunks Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I said a number of pages back that I'd post a vid of me vs Bait.. we both recorded the fight but he offered to post it and im lazy.. so here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jjN3sj-w4

Really nice fight.. i believe if you did not have purify proc oin your weap that sin would have had you beaten.. I think purify proc is nice against sins in 1v1
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Imagine a mix of the ewoks at the end of return of the jedi and "cry me a river"

That's just gold

Nonetheless, purify still really needs to be either modified so its balanced or just removed.
  • dizzyrunks
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That's just gold

Nonetheless, purify still really needs to be either modified so its balanced or just removed.

Maybe just the speed buff needs to be remove from it
    edited May 2013
    Options
    dizzyrunks wrote: »
    Maybe just the speed buff needs to be remove from it

that and make it only work with auto attacks. Then it would be alright.
  • dizzyrunks
    edited May 2013
    Options
    that and make it only work with auto attacks. Then it would be alright.

DPH sins wud really put pain then is they make it to just proc with just auto attack
    edited May 2013
    Options
    dizzyrunks wrote: »
    DPH sins wud really put pain then is they make it to just proc with just auto attack

All classes would be able to "bring the pain". They would all just have to use skills and know what they are doing.

Assuming this nerf was implemented. While at the same time, nobody would be able to aps anyone using "purify proc" to death.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I go uncharmed and don't use pots anyway, I can't be bothered going up against Absolve squads and wasting 800k of a charm for 0 profit. No sankjoo

f:hehef:hehef:hehe
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    f:hehef:hehef:hehe

Didn't know being smart and not wasting my resources for little to no profit was something to be laughed at. I do go charmed and with apo/pots if I'm recording b:chuckle
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Didn't know being smart and not wasting my resources for little to no profit was something to be laughed at. I do go charmed and with apo/pots if I'm recording b:chuckle

This tells a lot about the kind of player you are. That's make me laugh a bit.f:fan
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This tells a lot about the kind of player you are. That's make me laugh a bit.f:fan

The kind that doesn't see the point in wasting his resources for little gain? Yeah, you've got me pegged.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    b:surrender u not even max level and gears, you know nothing but troll.

That is a pretty bad argument. To reach max level you would have to have gooned which is against the rules. To reach max gears you would have to cashshop thousands of dollars.

Some people follow the rules and don't dump thousands of dollars in a game. You can say you magically catshopped/farmed your stuff but we all know "what is what" If you know what I mean.

Especially the seasoned players in the game. Who have played for a good number of years.

I don't see how someone who doesn't that doesn't have (max level and gears). Should be exempt from voicing their stances about the game or about this topic.

It still does not change the fact that PURIFY needs some kind of NERF and that there are legitimate views against the proc.

In short your statement is invalid b:bye
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That is a pretty bad argument. To reach max level you would have to have gooned which is against the rules. To reach max gears you would have to cashshop thousands of dollars.

Some people follow the rules and don't dump thousands of dollars in a game. You can say you magically catshopped/farmed your stuff but we all know "what is what" If you know what I mean.

Especially the seasoned players in the game. Who have played for a good number of years.

I don't see how someone who doesn't that doesn't have (max level and gears). Should be exempt from voicing their stances about the game or about this topic.

It still does not change the fact that PURIFY needs some kind of NERF and that there are legitimate views against the proc.

It's fay. Everyone on DW agrees he's borderline ****.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Neither of these claims are true.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options

You do have to do the equivalent in time investment though. It takes months of daily PV/AEU to reach 105 and it takes months of farming/merchanting to reach R9r3+12 Jades.

In either case it's not something everyone can do, and their opinions shouldn't be devalued for being unable to do so.

You arrogant twit.
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's fay. Everyone on DW agrees he's borderline ****.

b:laugh only you people think they ****, when they are lot smarter than you.
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    b:laugh only you people think they ****, when they are lot smarter than you.

Or you know. When they're actually ****.

Guys, just leave Fay be. We shouldn't be mean to the mentally handicapped.
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

b:chuckle been play since server up, oldest player still can reach top...QQ
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You do have to do the equivalent in time investment though. It takes months of daily PV/AEU to reach 105 and it takes months of farming/merchanting to reach R9r3+12 Jades.

In either case it's not something everyone can do, and their opinions shouldn't be devalued for being unable to do so.

You arrogant twit.

So you're saying that not everyone has the same access to knowledge/experience, but we should respect the uninformed opinions of those without the knowledge/experience because it isn't fair they they don't have access to it? /Zan logic
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    So you're saying that not everyone has the same access to knowledge/experience, but we should respect the uninformed opinions of those without the knowledge/experience because it isn't fair they they don't have access to it? You've got to be kidding rofl

Firsthand experience =/= lack of knowledge. It's possible to have an understanding of end game mechanics from watching videos, observing PvP, and knowing how the game works. Being end game does not mean you're intelligent or have any more right to an opinion than anyone else, especially not when you're so stupid you probably have no clue what 2+2 is. Fay is a prime example. You can at least form coherent sentences, but your logic is laughable in just about every case, it doesn't hold up well to scrutiny.

Even without firsthand experience it's possible to form valid opinions about how things work from observation and from how the game works at a level somewhat below that. The gear is the same, the refines/shards are different, so you can still get an idea of how different things work, even if you aren't end game.

People here that aren't full end game have brought up very valid points, stop hiding behind this whole "durr endgaem iz only gud ting for 2 has opinionz" because this little dance is growing tiresome.

I mean you know.. it's not like people have the ability to observe PvP for themselves. It's not like people put out videos of that level of PvP. It's not like, in extreme cases, people can go experiment on p servers. Nope, not at all. Not even a possibility. Nope. None of that exists.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Sure, there's a difference between making an informed argument and just saying stupid **** because of inexperience. Some people still think archers are OP.

There's value in having endgame experience if you're going to talk about endgame because it gives people perspective. If people with really bad gear can't kill an endgame wiz and on that ground say that purify should be nerfed, that's not a very compelling argument because one cannot kill the endgame wiz regardless. I would have to wait for a purge to deal enough damage to kill an r93 wiz, and I would not last that long, so purify doesn't even apply to me.

On the argument of purify in NW, one can clearly see other classes pot/sprint/genie their way from one flag location to the other from NW videos, so I don't see this as being a unique problem. Maybe the distance between flags just need to be longer.

Here, I'd like to see other classes with endgame gear talk about their experience fighting robes with purify, or at least people with similar gear fighting R8r robes with purify. That would make this thread much less stupid.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited May 2013
    Options

Its possible to do it free to play. But, by far the way most people got max level & gears is money and goons. The people who have actually done that (max gears and level), all of it free to play can be counted by the fingers of one hand. If any at all.

It takes hundreds or even thousands of hours to farm "endgame" r9r2 +12 josd

It can take even more than a year to legitimately get to 105. Heck even level 102 wasn't a cake walk.

Ive played long enough to know this.

Any other reason why other peoples points are invalid, in respect of Nerfing or modifying purify proc?
  • JoeBlack - Harshlands
    JoeBlack - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Did not play last some weeks but I do agree that Procs skill from R9-rr caster weapons need to be modified, one of below options:

1. Remove speed /anti stun buffs

2. Make a cool down time ( 40s+)

3. Lower % success chance of procs to 2-3% not 5-15% like now
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    All classes would be able to "bring the pain". They would all just have to use skills and know what they are doing.

Assuming this nerf was implemented. While at the same time, nobody would be able to aps anyone using "purify proc" to death.

But most of the people QQ'in in this thread about Puri all want aps as it once was. LMFAO

Said it before and ill say it again, gear up or shutup. Know your place.. its really that simple, in any game iv ever played can an undergeared character beat one with top gear.
    At least not without some luck.

Adriot's video for me is a perfect example of how well the game is balanced when good players of their class pk at endgame. Tho it pains me to say it, i think any future vids you guys ask for will not stop you from complaining. b:surrender

Most of you people if any. Want balance for endgame and you arnt even endgame geared!! b:laugh Trollololol
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    But most of the people QQ'in in this thread about Puri all want aps as it once was. LMFAO

Said it before and ill say it again, gear up or shutup. Know your place.. its really that simple, in any game iv ever played can an undergeared character beat one with top gear.
    At least not without some luck.

Adriot's video for me is a perfect example of how well the game is balanced when good players of their class pk at endgame. Tho it pains me to say it, i think any future vids you guys ask for will not stop you from complaining. b:surrender

Most of you people if any. Want balance for endgame and you arnt even endgame geared!! b:laugh Trollololol

>Balance
    >41k crit

u wot m8
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Its possible to do it free to play. But, by far the way most people got max level & gears is money and goons. The people who have actually done that (max gears and level), all of it free to play can be counted by the fingers of one hand. If any at all.

It can take even more than a year to legitimately get to 105. Heck even level 102 wasn't a cake walk.

Any other reason why other peoples points are invalid, in respect of Nerfing or modifying purify proc?

LMAO, i got 102 in 6 weeks doing dalies and 2 full fcs hypering the whole run to Holeen and i didnt goonz o.o

>Balance
    >41k crit

u wot m8

I rest my case b:bye
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I rest my case b:bye

What case is that?

I quite enjoy the DPH style of play, I've always used the most effective method available at the time, which happened to be a high DPS style of play. It's shifted to DPH, which is fine, but Purify Spell imbalances it a bit.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

I wish people would stop assuming people that are 105 goonz glitched, sure plenty of people actually did but there are many legitimate 105's that didn't. With the right gear 105 can be reached in a few months not the year that you claim to say it is because you have "played long enough to know this".

I guess this whole purify thread just isn't going to die even though there is almost nothing new to add.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    What case is that?

I quite enjoy the DPH style of play, I've always used the most effective method available at the time, which happened to be a high DPS style of play. It's shifted to DPH, which is fine, but Purify Spell imbalances it a bit.

Zan the comment you just made suggests to me that you are clutching at straw's as you come to realise that perhaps your wrong and dont want to admit it.

Yes caster's can deal massive damage, we use 'MAGIC'

Just because caster's dont wear armor plate, you seem so have this assertion that we sould simply die fast because meles use heavy weapons. I'm sorry friend but you are wrong.

The kind of balance your suggesting will kill pvp not enhance it b:bye
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Zan the comment you just made suggests to me that you are clutching at straw's as you come to realise that perhaps your wrong and dont want to admit it.

Yes caster's can deal massive damage, we use 'MAGIC'

Just because caster's dont wear armor plate, you seem so have this assertion that we sould simply die fast because meles use heavy weapons. I'm sorry friend but you are wrong.

The kind of balance your suggesting will kill pvp not enhance it b:bye

So, wait a minute. Let me get this straight. Casters should be able to deal MORE damage than melee while having the same or higher survivability? Seems legit.
This discussion has been closed.