Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Options

Comments

• XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Incompetent people in NW have ALWAYS got in the way regardless of who they're fighting by virtue of occupying a space that could otherwise be taken by someone who is possibly more effective. Saying that the presence of someone being in NW is patently false.

On top of that, a tt90 cleric picking the flag is CLEARLY in the way when fighting... well... anything. NW has ALWAYS had the capacity to allow noobs to be more of a problem than a help.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I used to thing that way when i ran with a squad of 10. But now that I run with a small group, I look at it a little differently.

It depends on the fights. A level 90 cleric could benefit the war by digging the flag, if they're doing it right. I've had fights where we been so out matched that my goal has simply been to just get the flag. As long as they don't get the flag, we can still possibly beat them. Those are the times where i'd rather just anyway get the flag, even a level 90 cleric, as long as they get them.

If we're trying to talk about the abilities of low levels as an argument towards purify proc, then I do think that purify proc is unique since no matter what the 90 cleric do, they cannot get past purify proc, while to an extent they can still benefit the fight. (Unless the purify user does not have faith and no one hits them. That is rather rare though since only in 1% of the time where I got slept did I not immediately get woke up by someone else)
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The only thing to be learned from this thread so far was already known . Melee are only happy if the caster dies fast . Arcane are the slowest classes and can be ran into the ground with ease by the melee , at which point apo and genies are in cooldown . The purify proc comes on lvl 13 base weapons , recast rank 8 and 3rd cast rank 9 . Yet the only players who has beaten 20 other in NW's are in 3rd cast rank 9 , with full refines , shards and endgame ornaments . So is it the purify proc that did this or just exceptional geared players ? Maybe the next poll put on the forums should be to rename the arcane class to the " Pinata " class .
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The only thing to be learned from this thread so far was already known . Melee are only happy if the caster dies fast . Arcane are the slowest classes and can be ran into the ground with ease by the melee , at which point apo and genies are in cooldown . The purify proc comes on lvl 13 base weapons , recast rank 8 and 3rd cast rank 9 . Yet the only players who has beaten 20 other in NW's are in 3rd cast rank 9 , with full refines , shards and endgame ornaments . So is it the purify proc that did this or just exceptional geared players ? Maybe the next poll put on the forums should be to rename the arcane class to the " Pinata " class .

technically you can get purify on lvl1 TW reward weapon
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited May 2013
    Options
    thanos! D: Regarding team killing - in fps games team killers are almost always punished by getting kicked out and/or banned. The same thing does not apply in here unfortunately. I think it is irrelevant.

you know, i've been thinking about that. it would be interesting to award negative points if you did stupid things like waking someone up or purifying them while you deal very low damage to them. not so trivial to balance though. (the main point was that the mechanic of being able to benefit the enemy by your own stupidity isn't really unique)
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    like a lot said, casters are suposed to do damage, not to tank. remove purify, give us gof plz
  • dogm
    dogm Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Melee are only happy if the caster dies fast .
    It would be fine if the caster dies slowly too. Maybe even by teamwork of the skilled but slightly damage impaired people. Thing is, this proc makes that unlikely. CC and debuffs to amp damage can not be counted on as opposed to a non purify wielder where CC and debuffs stay for full duration unless action is taken by player or their support. And when speeding away the arcane suffers only minimal damage (because purified/immunized to further dot's/curses) of ranged attacks (of which a melee class has a limited number of).
    So, if it's not done in a few big hits, it's probably not done.

Like sins, aps, veno pets falling behind,... this too could use an adjustment.
    Maybe -5% HP cuts on triggers.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    dogm wrote: »
    It would be fine if the caster dies slowly too. Maybe even by teamwork of the skilled but slightly damage impaired people. Thing is, this proc makes that unlikely. CC and debuffs to amp damage can not be counted on as opposed to a non purify wielder where CC and debuffs stay for full duration unless action is taken by player or their support. And when speeding away the arcane suffers only minimal damage (because purified/immunized to further dot's/curses) of ranged attacks (of which a melee class has a limited number of).

and then like someone stated, if it has 20 chance to proc per second, u can lose 100% of ur hp when it could have been 20 tt60 users attacking u, sounds fair
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    No no, that's good, not at all unbalanced for 1v1 and would ramp up the damage casters take indirectly makin anything that attacks an actual threat even with Purify. YEAH BUDDY
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    and then like someone stated, if it has 20 chance to proc per second, u can lose 100% of ur hp when it could have been 20 tt60 users attacking u, sounds fair

Better make use of them speed/anti-stun buffs to like...move away from them and kill 'em from a distance then~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dogm View Post

LOL what? Are you serious? -%5 HP indeed when puri procs. Damn you mele players are getting desperate.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hmm, i think -5% hp would be an interesting compensation, but to balance it caster would have to have the ability to turn it off and on, but only doable before they're stunned. Could be interesting as that would require more planning and timing. If the proc rate is as low as some people claim, the -5% should barely affect it :o
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hmm, i think -5% hp would be an interesting compensation, but to balance it caster would have to have the ability to turn it off and on, but only doable before they're stunned. Could be interesting as that would require more planning and timing. If the proc rate is as low as some people claim, the -5% should barely affect it :o

i agree with this.

-5% HP wouldnt be much if the caster knows, what they are doing. 20 players hitting him is unusual even in 20v1 fights, atleast 10 are standing around or goofing around somewhere else or searching the battle.

GoF has a very high proc rate compared to purify, so GoF users have a + - situation.
    GoF helps killing, but losing HP is bad, can kill you sometimes or you could use that lost HP to win this battle barely.

Puri on the other hand, has a + + + situation, where it purify's the caster, makes them immune to debuffs and give them a speedbuff.

just to cover the last proc on r9 weapons, the purge has a + - situation, where it procs and helps alot, when it does, but getting it to proc is another story. Nothing like a very high chance to blast off when more players are attacking you.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You should see the post Zanynoob made in suggestion box. He wants demon roar to work through anti stuns.. lolol Same few people whining because they can't compete due to gear/skill or both

Seems to me that some people want to further break the game not balance it out, if indeed it really needs balancing. AT ENDGAME

You want puri proc nerfed, ok fine.. here's what i want as a Wizzard:

Sandstorm: 100% blindness for 3 secs affected player cant attack

Phoenix: Pushes back attacking player and stuns 2 secs, reduces chi by 50

FoW: Seals attacking player for 5 seconds and gives a 50% chance to stun for 5 seconds

Soporific Whisper: 30m range

Earth/Fire: Weapon buff to agument all attacks 30% base magic damage

Thats my wish list... and guess what i wont get it. This game is broken QQQQQ

Im done with this thread. b:chuckleb:bye
  • Silviia - Dreamweaver
    Silviia - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

This is an interesting idea, though MP is another option and maybe 10% cost per proc, with a mana charm or herb that's still a good trade for what the Purify add does.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Seems to me that some people want to further break the game not balance it out, if indeed it really needs balancing. AT ENDGAME

You want puri proc nerfed, ok fine.. here's what i want as a Wizzard:

Sandstorm: 100% blindness for 3 secs affected player cant attack

Phoenix: Pushes back attacking player and stuns 2 secs, reduces chi by 50

FoW: Seals attacking player for 5 seconds and gives a 50% chance to stun for 5 seconds

Soporific Whisper: 30m range

Earth/Fire: Weapon buff to agument all attacks 30% base magic damage

Thats my wish list... and guess what i wont get it. This game is broken QQQQQ

Im done with this thread. b:chuckleb:bye

Sure, i'll take this instead of purify proc.
    This is an interesting idea, though MP is another option and maybe 10% cost per proc, with a mana charm or herb that's still a good trade for what the Purify add does.

MP could be interesting too. It would kinda be like plume shell. It'd be extremely effective against single targets attacking, but when focused it has its downfalls as it should.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

edited May 2013
    Options

MP could be interesting too. It would kinda be like plume shell. It'd be extremely effective against single targets attacking, but when focused it has its downfalls as it should.

mp is indeed interesting. another idea is chi
    edited May 2013
    Options

I'm sure you would, but it wont happen. And if you really think thats my wish list your wrong.

b:chuckle

Same as Puri wont be changed. At least not in the near future. Besides there will be a new QQ thread soon anyway when Veno's get their new toy's.... i've no doubt of that b:laugh
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

I'm sure you would, but it wont happen. And if you really think thats my wish list your wrong.

b:chuckle

Same as Puri wont be changed. At least not in the near future. Besides there will be a new QQ thread soon anyway when Veno's get their new toy's.... i've no doubt of that b:laugh

b:shocked What kind of toys!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Clerics will be food to APS sins even more than they were before then. Nice try. And no, you can't do chi or HP or a cooldown either for this.

The only thing you can do to possibly "nerf" puri proc without it being overkill and losing sight of what it's supposed to help defend against is removing the speed boost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Clerics will be food to APS sins even more than they were before then. Nice try. And no, you can't do chi or HP or a cooldown either for this.

The only thing you can do to possibly "nerf" puri proc without it being overkill and losing sight of what it's supposed to help defend against is removing the speed boost.

Not really. Since most people claim that purify proc doesn't proc nearly as much, it shouldn't make a difference. Unless you agree that purify proc rate is simply way too high and we should nerf the proc rate?

Either way, aps sins are underpowered anyway.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

I'm sure almost every single caster ever will still disagree f:scared
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Underpowered vs decked out opponents you mean! (r9 with josds usually does the trick, dealing 200 dmg on a person while sparked is highly demotivating)
    edited May 2013
    Options

b:shocked What kind of toys!

Bit of misdirection there Azura, knowing it was friday and all the aps sins would be coming out for their weekly QQ. My heart bleeds for them,it really does. b:chuckle

Even though they all know as we do. That the game has been moving from aps to dph for a long time, even before the Siren's update. b:avoidb:quiet
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Versus certain classes, yes. Versus a cleric? You're so much better suited to taking a cleric down than a DPH sin because the DPH sin will probably not be able to break through a mana-charmed plume shell in addition to all of the cleric's other shields unless they straight up out-gear the cleric.

Of course, the other problem with most APS sins is that they shard absolutely dumb (DoTs, lol) instead of sharding for defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Versus certain classes, yes. Versus a cleric? You're so much better suited to taking a cleric down than a DPH sin because the DPH sin will probably not be able to break through a mana-charmed plume shell in addition to all of the cleric's other shields unless they straight up out-gear the cleric.

Of course, the other problem with most APS sins is that they shard absolutely dumb (DoTs, lol) instead of sharding for defense.

Too bad Purify Spell is a thing. APS sins aren't breaking through much of anything at equal gear with that around.
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Let's just give the damn thing a cooldown and get back to enjoying our cheesecake.
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options

Yeah, they can break plume shell but they're still not going to kill you solo. Even if they shard full vit stone they're still gonna get 1 shot.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yeah, they can break plume shell but they're still not going to kill you solo. Even if they shard full vit stone they're still gonna get 1 shot.

i saw sin rank 9 recast +12 can kill BM and cleric w same gear solo. lol
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i saw sin rank 9 recast +12 can kill BM and cleric w same gear solo. lol

You saw full r9rr +12 bm and cleric die to an aps sin solo? Were they afk?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

This discussion has been closed.