Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Options

Comments

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Since the majority of QQing here seems to be related to mass PvP situations, especially NW flag-holding, they should change the mechanics of the flag to limit max speed - make the speed debuff actually work, and not be affected by pots and skills. I'm happy that casters got a boost [after so long! ;~;] but every time I see a r9r3 [psy or wiz in particular] in a 20 v 1 grab the flag, I mentally facepalm and prepare to lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    All i see here is QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ......

meelee classes have adv zerk, archers have advanced purge..... if they remove all that too then i agree they remove purify.

Nirvana gear will never compare to r9 3rd cast, so if ure qqing that you have nirvana gear against any r93rd cast just shut up and go farm r9 and npc that **** of nirvana gear you have and stop QQing about purify.

You all seem to be stupid in NW, instead of stuning and waiting for a veno to purge a r93rd cast with purify wep and then kill it, you try to aps it and keep hitting it to make purify wep proc, good game.

b:bye

Ah, yet another idiot whose posts can be safely ignored, knowing we will have lost out on nothing of value in doing so.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Oh? How is it that I agree with you?

First you say my opinions are irrelevant, then you say I'm wrong, now you're saying I'm in agreement with you for the most part. You seem rather fickle, Adroit. It would seem as if I haven't dug myself into a hole as you said, or if I had it isn't very deep. Oh well.

Also, anything G16 at +5 or above counts as decent. At that level of gear a lot of options open up and you can compete more efficiently than you could with anything lower. +10 on any set of gear is reserved for those with money, it's superior to "decent" gear.

Now let me ask you, if the subject we're discussing right now is G16 "noob" geared people or lower all going against an R9r3, then isn't putting one of them in equal refines/shards irrelevant? No... actually, I'll indulge you. Let's imagine that a few of them are within the same gear bracket as you. They are your true enemies, however every other G16 there is nothing but a casualty to those three people in your bracket simply because the damage they output is not great enough to contribute to your death efficiently before Purify Spell can save you. Even in a situation facing a few people of equal gear tier, if those "decent" geared players try to contribute damage they will more than likely help you rather than hurt you.

We've gone on a number of tangents, your opinions on end game pvp are still both irrelevant and ill-informed.. and many of the claims you made are clearly wrong, but you've finally made a statement that I can agree with.. other than the way you define "decent". You have arbitrarily defined decent (as everyone does), and I just do not use your definition (or anything close.. full +5 on any gear is garbage and a one shot to anyone with what I consider decent gear, which is more along the lines of full +10 gear). Anyway, you again moved back to meaningless topics, still can't make up your mind if you think purify is OP because some noob hitting me is more likely to make me proc or whether swapping a purify caster with a melee of the same gear doesn't survive the same.. both arguments being very unconvincing.

I also think it is a bit of a contradiction to define "decent" the way you do while acknowledging that 10-20 of them would not be able to take down a single end game caster. Just for the record, do you concede that purify is balanced in entirely end game geared pvp situations.. or are you still in denial?
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    We've gone on a number of tangents, your opinions on end game pvp are still both irrelevant and ill-informed.. and many of the claims you made are clearly wrong, but you've finally made a statement that I can agree with.. other than the way you define "decent". You have arbitrarily defined decent (as everyone does), and I just do not use your definition (or anything close.. full +5 on any gear is garbage and a one shot to anyone with what I consider decent gear, which is more along the lines of full +10 gear). Anyway, you again moved back to meaningless topics, still can't make up your mind if you think purify is OP because some noob hitting me is more likely to make me proc or whether swapping a purify caster with a melee of the same gear doesn't survive the same.. both arguments being very unconvincing.

I also think it is a bit of a contradiction to define "decent" the way you do while acknowledging that 10-20 of them would not be able to take down a single end game caster. Just for the record, do you concede that purify is balanced in entirely end game geared pvp situations.. or are you still in denial?

Full +5 G16 is decent, it gives quite a bit of stats. If it's not far behind R9r3 then my own gear could be considered decent, or I suppose in your eyes garbage. Whatever the case, our personal opinions on what is decent, what is good, and what is garbage don't matter. Those opinions are trivial when discussing the proc.

What has you convinced that I haven't made up my mind, because for the situations I've listed it to be OP I've not faltered in my arguments. I never claimed it was overpowered in group PvP between super end game people, only under certain conditions, however even under those conditions it should not allow for someone to survive that easily. Under no circumstance should Arcanes have the potential to outperform melee when it comes to survival unless participating in PvE contect intended for magic users only.

Everything you've just said means nothing, that entire statement contributes nothing to the discussion. In any case, Purify Spell as it stands isn't overpowered in group PvP where everyone is the same level as rare as that can be sometimes. However that does not justify the degree to which it affects PvP under that level when adding a cooldown could very well change that without hindering higher level PvP in the slightest assuming the arcanes in question are competent at what they do. I don't watch your videos, as I'm sure you don't watch mine, so I can't comment on your skill. However, if you're as good as people seem to believe you are then surely a 30-40 second cooldown on the skill wouldn't affect you very much in 1v1 or in group PvP against lower geared people. Even if it does, you can't justify surviving better than a melee in that situation. In group PvP at the level of gear you possess a cooldown would also have little effect, as a number of factors can prevent you from being focus fired for too long and allow for you to wait out your cooldown, along with the fact that you'll have good enough gear to take hits, as well as being able to utilize your genie and apothecary in combination with your support and class skills.

You ask me if it's unbalanced in group PvP at end game levels, I gave you my answer. Now answer my question, how is Purify Spell balanced at lower levels and why should arcanes be allowed to survive better than an equally geared heavy armor under such a situation? Don't respond by saying it's irrelevant, because thanks to NW it's about as relevant as it can get.
  • zhangwuj1
    zhangwuj1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Adroit, please just shut it with your entirely end game balance argument. Anyone with common sense will know that it is entirely impossible to have everyone with full end game gear except in a private server. And since there won't be entirely end game geared players, purify will never be justified as balance.

If it requires more than 10 rrr9 just to stop 1 rrr9 caster from capturing the flag, it is just plain ridiculous.

Non rrr9 players should have a share in contributing to NW battles. This is not a game for just pure rrr9 players.

Purify is op and will always be unless everyone is given full rrr9. Enough said.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    zhangwuj1 wrote: »
    Adroit, please just shut it with your entirely end game balance argument. Anyone with common sense will know that it is entirely impossible to have everyone with full end game gear except in a private server. And since there won't be entirely end game geared players, purify will never be justified as balance.

If it requires more than 10 rrr9 just to stop 1 rrr9 caster from capturing the flag, it is just plain ridiculous.

Non rrr9 players should have a share in contributing to NW battles. This is not a game for just pure rrr9 players.

Purify is op and will always be unless everyone is given full rrr9. Enough said.

hmm not true only took 4 of us to stop these people you fear. everyone given r9 3rd cast.... thats rare and what ever world you live in I want to be in it too seems peaceful. go buy or earn r9 3rd cast.

What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    No, I want a Heavy Armor to have more survivability than an Arcane Armor in a situation involving a harem of G12/13/15/16/R9 of any class. Arcanes put out more damage than your typical melee class, and now they're able to survive better under certain conditions, which should be the case under no circumstance.
    currently HA=non purify user, AA=purify user. thx for confirming though.
    short of getting a pocket cleric or purify axes (lol), i dont see HA pulling off such feats involving undergeared harems. i disagree on nerfing PS because of this, any proc/skill/feature which is balanced at equal gears shouldn't be tempered with to suit the lesser geared.

just nitpicking the last point HA outDD AA in tt farming, seekers outDD them in zhen with vortex. while not pvp scenarios they are circumstances where HA outperform AA
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    No, I want a Heavy Armor to have more survivability than an Arcane Armor in a situation involving a harem of G12/13/15/16/R9 of any class. Arcanes put out more damage than your typical melee class, and now they're able to survive better under certain conditions, which should be the case under no circumstance.

So your smart arguments comes down to a simple whim. Your wish to have heavy armor users on the top, because you want to. Too bad your opinion isn't the same as the people who make this game, right?

Since all your argument is based on what your personal believes, then there is nothing to talk to you. I guess keep qqing.

However, since I'm a really nice guy I'm gonna tell you some advices:

1: If some class is proven to be actually really weak, China will eventually give you something new. Yes, they will give you something new, not take away anything to anyone.
    Example: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1529051

2: Accept things as they are, and in NW, work with your team to take down those sneeaky r9-3 flag wielders.

3: Envy is not a positive feeling. Instead of focusing on what you don't have, focus on what you have.

f:farewellf:farewellf:farewell
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    currently HA=non purify user, AA=purify user. thx for confirming though.
    short of getting a pocket cleric or purify axes (lol), i dont see HA pulling off such feats involving undergeared harems. i disagree on nerfing PS because of this, any proc/skill/feature which is balanced at equal gears shouldn't be tempered with to suit the lesser geared.

just nitpicking the last point HA outDD AA in tt farming, seekers outDD them in zhen with vortex. while not pvp scenarios they are circumstances where HA outperform AA

That's incorrect, HA = Heavy Armor user, I'm not putting Archers and Assassins into the same category. Your statement just confirmed my entire point. "I don't see HA pulling off such feats involving undergeared harems". Tell me, why should Arcanes be allowed to survive better than classes designed to be tanking the damage? In what world does that make sense?

Arcanes have a massive advantage in PvP, and now that the game has shifted towards NW (PvP) they have gained a decent advantage in making money. Neither of those advantages in PvE that HA potentially has will affect a Caster's ability to PvE, however a Caster's advantage affect the competitive part of the game, PvP.

Casters are slower at farming PvE, but the focus has shifted from that. Not to mention, casters are still perfectly capable of farming if they so choose.

So your smart arguments comes down to a simple whim. Your wish to have heavy armor users on the top, because you want to. Too bad your opinion isn't the same as the people who make this game, right?

Since all your argument is based on what your personal believes, then there is nothing to talk to you. I guess keep qqing.

That's where you're wrong, I have a legitimate question. It is not on a whim I ask why arcanes should be on top for that situation, but rather a question of balance. Speaking of whims, it is you who seems to dismiss what I say or ask solely because of a whim, because you're unable to form a proper argument and that's what's most convenient.

However, since I'm a really nice guy I'm gonna tell you some advices:

1: If some class is proven to be actually really weak, China will eventually give you something new. Yes, they will give you something new, not take away anything to anyone.
    Example: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1529051
    Yes I'm aware. Just waiting on my own class to become the thing people complain about. Notice that I didn't use the term QQ.

2: Accept things as they are, and in NW, work with your team to take down those sneeaky r9-3 flag wielders.

I've accepted how things are, but as I stated earlier that doesn't mean they should remain as they are nor that I can't want change.

3: Envy is not a positive feeling. Instead of focusing on what you don't have, focus on what you have.

Jealousy has nothing to do with it. Petty emotions like that contribute nothing to the discussion, just like accusing someone of the emotion in question.

f:farewellf:farewellf:farewell

*Sigh* Had to edit my post when I noticed you posted.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    "Under no circumstance should Arcanes have the potential to outperform melee when it comes to survival unless participating in PvE contect intended for magic users only. "

Says who?

"However that does not justify the degree to which it affects PvP under that level when adding a cooldown could very well change that without hindering higher level PvP in the slightest assuming the arcanes in question are competent at what they do."

Again asserting you know something about end game PvP. Adding a cooldown would definitely hinder "higher level PvP".. saying otherwise is absolute nonsense. I actually just watched one of your videos (1v1ing some terribad sin), and can very safely say you are absolute shet in PvP. I was originally giving you the benefit of the doubt and hoping it was just a gear issue, but you fit under the both category (noob gear and noob player). I just can't get over those random leaps.. I'm still laughing several mins after the video ended.

"You ask me if it's unbalanced in group PvP at end game levels, I gave you my answer. Now answer my question, how is Purify Spell balanced at lower levels and why should arcanes be allowed to survive better than an equally geared heavy armor under such a situation?"

The concept of balance doesn't even make sense when people are of two different gear levels, they are not supposed to be "balanced". The reason you get a new tier of gear is to gain an advantage over the older tier.. the magnitude of that advantage is not yours to decide. As to your other question about an arcane surviving better than a HA in certain situations.. what's the problem?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    So your problem is that there is a massive gear gap between what you consider decent (T3 nv) and end game r9rr. To be fair, if someone was running around in T3 nv with the same refines/shards as I have in my armor, they wouldn't be crazy far behind.. the issue is that most people that go down the cheaper gear path also have far lower refines/shards etc and are unable to compete. An army of people running around in T3 nv in full +5 refines I'd easily wipe out, the same army with +10 refines would be much more difficult. From what it sounds like, you actually agree with me other than your definition of "decent" geared players.. lmao

I do not disagree with that one bit at all.

You keep saying that +5 gears isn't going to hold up against r93r at all, apparently you missed my links to a r9 +5 player, and a g16 +5 (nirvy gear the ones you farm for molds to make) there really isn't that much of a difference at all, both classes can pull off some real decent 'resistant' numbers. (Again I am not saying that they should be able to kill r93r with +5 weapons, (though if there is enough of them they absolutely should be able too) and they shouldn't have to worry about others procing the proc, making it far harder to kill the r93r caster.) while they obviously don't have the hp that r93r people have, their defense full buffed I would imagine would allow them to do extraordinary things even if their opponent is in fact r93r +12. EDIT: Btw, I think I did the linking of a bm/wizard pw calc build with badass defenses on page 40? I think. Edit 2: Correction, the links are only to that of r9+5, but really don't be expecting to see much difference, if you made the g16 in the first part of that post all +5. There simply is not a huge *** difference between the two.)

The true defense of a highly refined class of any sorts actually comes from the necklace, belt, and their rings, not their gear, yes the gear stats/extra stats undoubtedly add up from lowered grade gears. Still the true defense comes from those 4 things I listed. Again I say this... the r93r IMHO does NOT blow out earlier comparable g16 gear through the roof, the base stats are quite similar. (which is indeed something that you already more or less admitted adroit, others seem to be hung up on the misguided fact that r93r is ridiculously overpowered, or somehow really throws everything else out the window sadly) I get it though r93r looks absolutely bad *** on paper especially when you throw in the weapon and their procs, as well as the extra add on's they get compared to g16 nirvana third cast.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    First off , these procs dont happen every time . That said , Are you advocating removing the god of frenzy and blackhole as well or are you just wanting the arcane to get bent over again ? What is fair for one must be fair for the others . If the Purify is removed or nerfed , then the same MUST happen for the other procs as well .
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    "Under no circumstance should Arcanes have the potential to outperform melee when it comes to survival unless participating in PvE contect intended for magic users only. "

Says who?

So you're saying Arcanes should do more damage than Melee while also surviving better under those conditions? Gee, doesn't that just make sense.

"However that does not justify the degree to which it affects PvP under that level when adding a cooldown could very well change that without hindering higher level PvP in the slightest assuming the arcanes in question are competent at what they do."

Again asserting you know something about end game PvP. Adding a cooldown would definitely hinder "higher level PvP".. saying otherwise is absolute nonsense. I actually just watched one of your videos (1v1ing some terribad sin), and can very safely say you are absolute shet in PvP. I was originally giving you the benefit of the doubt and hoping it was just a gear issue, but you fit under the both category (noob gear and noob player). I just can't get over those random leaps.. I'm still laughing several mins after the video ended.

Tell me, if you're being focus fired would Purify really save you unless it chain proc'd? The answer here is no. It'll have more to do with use of genie/apo than Purify Spell activating to save you. Allowing it to still activate will save you at some point but adding a cooldown will keep it from doing so over and over potentially. If it doesn't proc that often in group then again, giving it a cooldown won't hinder you greatly. Do tell me how a cooldown would actually hurt you, rather than going on and on about how I'm not at end game. Give an actual reason instead of hiding behind that.

"You ask me if it's unbalanced in group PvP at end game levels, I gave you my answer. Now answer my question, how is Purify Spell balanced at lower levels and why should arcanes be allowed to survive better than an equally geared heavy armor under such a situation?"

The concept of balance doesn't even make sense when people are of two different gear levels, they are not supposed to be "balanced". The reason you get a new tier of gear is to gain an advantage over the older tier.. the magnitude of that advantage is not yours to decide. As to your other question about an arcane surviving better than a HA in certain situations.. what's the problem?

Yet again, you fail to understand. You claim you do, yet you twist what I say and try to make it seem as if you comprehend the point I'm trying to get across. You do not succeed. I answered your question in the first part of my post, I won't do so again.

Also, I'm not so sure why you decided to watch one of my videos. Oh well, if it's the one I think it is there's a significant gear difference between the sin and I, yet I managed to put up a fight with a genie that put me at a disadvantage given his class, then come out on top when using a genie that allowed me to play more defensively. If anything that shows skill, rather than a lack of it. However you decide to interpret my videos or my playstyle is up to you, your opinion isn't important to me. Think what you want, I know I'm good at my class. I may not stroke my ego every chance I get as you enjoy doing, sitting on your pedestal and looking down on people like me, but I do well with what I have. You, your opinion, and nobody else's opinion can change that. You're a silly bear.
  • zhangwuj1
    edited May 2013
    Options
    First off , these procs dont happen every time . That said , Are you advocating removing the god of frenzy and blackhole as well or are you just wanting the arcane to get bent over again ? What is fair for one must be fair for the others . If the Purify is removed or nerfed , then the same MUST happen for the other procs as well .

Purify gives 2 attribute (immunity to movement + Max speed buff) where as SB only dispel your buff and GOF only gives u a chance for 2x dmg. Both of them have 1 add on attribute. Furthermore, SB doesn't dispel all positive buff such as that of psy's and barb's buff

So if you really wanna compare, either remove one attribute from
    Purify, or you add another one to SB and GOF

How about SB gives dispel + 100% amplified damage for 5 sec?
    GOF gives 2x crit + 5 sec immunity?

Sounds fair to you? Since caster have two too.
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You want to remove the Proc... no problem, but also remove all the other procs, and nerf some other ridiculous OP skills in game (coff coff stealth, deaden nerves, etc)... This is the first time in a long time that I see some kind of balance and when finally AA classes have the chance to fight back melee classes you start QQing about that? Remember that OP class that ruled the land since their first appear a couple of years ago? how was their name? Oh yeah.. Sins.. well you think the Pury Proc is OP.. well stealth is even more OP... we should remove that one too...
  • marvinhuddleston
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This last NW I started with full buffs ( base included ) in full g16 , an O'malleys and white voodoo ... 103 defense levels .. my weapon is g16 as well so no purify for me . My first death was at the hands of a rank 9 3rd cast sin who one shotted me with god of frenzy .. 1 hit ..... Is that fair ? Now I know for a fact that procs dont fire with every hit , but the chance that it might , is enough reason for me to try getting it . If you remove that , then you have ruined the game . because if the best you can be is second best .. why bother playing ?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Furthermore, SB doesn't dispel all positive buff such as that of psy's and barb's buff

Because those can't be purged in the first place. Not even venos can purge those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Purify gives 2 attribute (immunity to movement + Max speed buff) where as SB only dispel your buff and GOF only gives u a chance for 2x dmg. Both of them have 1 add on attribute. Furthermore, SB doesn't dispel all positive buff such as that of psy's and barb's buff

So if you really wanna compare, either remove one attribute from
    Purify, or you add another one to SB and GOF

How about SB gives dispel + 100% amplified damage for 5 sec?
    GOF gives 2x crit + 5 sec immunity?

Sounds fair to you? Since caster have two too.

The part in white made me laugh. If I'm fully buffed and then an archer that is shooting at me gets weapon prok, I lose 7-8 buffs.

If the problem is that purify gives 2 buff, and it should be only one, then spirit of black hole should only dispel one buff, not all f:laughf:laughf:laugh
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Also, I'm not so sure why you decided to watch one of my videos. Oh well, if it's the one I think it is there's a significant gear difference between the sin and I, yet I managed to put up a fight with a genie that put me at a disadvantage given his class, then come out on top when using a genie that allowed me to play more defensively. If anything that shows skill, rather than a lack of it. However you decide to interpret my videos or my playstyle is up to you, your opinion isn't important to me. Think what you want, I know I'm good at my class. I may not stroke my ego every chance I get as you enjoy doing, sitting on your pedestal and looking down on people like me, but I do well with what I have. You, your opinion, and nobody else's opinion can change that. You're a silly bear.

Last I checked barbs have the highest DPH potential in game, melee certainly have higher dps than most casters (excluding extremely squishy channel builds).. all melee have ways to purge, have better control skills, better ability to tank damage (aren't forced to kite) etc etc.

Yes, purify can save you without chain proc (which you contradict yourself with btw). If you can't figure out how a cd on proc could be worked around/abused, you don't deserve to figure it out. This is basic stuff.

You are not a "good" bm by any stretch of the imagination... LOL Describing you as "bad" really doesn't even do justice.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    All i see here is QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ......

meelee classes have adv zerk, archers have advanced purge..... if they remove all that too then i agree they remove purify.

Nirvana gear will never compare to r9 3rd cast, so if ure qqing that you have nirvana gear against any r93rd cast just shut up and go farm r9 and npc that **** of nirvana gear you have and stop QQing about purify.

You all seem to be stupid in NW, instead of stuning and waiting for a veno to purge a r93rd cast with purify wep and then kill it, you try to aps it and keep hitting it to make purify wep proc, good game.

Zanyru has s3 r9...Please leave this thread nowb:surrender.
  • zhangwuj1
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The part in white made me laugh. If I'm fully buffed and then an archer that is shooting at me gets weapon prok, I lose 7-8 buffs.

If the problem is that purify gives 2 buff, and it should be only one, then spirit of black hole should only dispel one buff, not all f:laughf:laughf:laugh

Are you dumb? Purify removes ALL negative buff. SB removes most positive buff. That already made purify equivalent if not superior to SB. But wait, purify gives movement immunity + speed boost too! Does SB gives anything else? Nope. That's how you do a comparison. ******.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Zanyru has s3 r9...Please leave this thread nowb:surrender.

You mean he has 12k hp and has no idea how to play his class?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Last I checked barbs have the highest DPH potential in game, melee certainly have higher dps than most casters (excluding extremely squishy channel builds).. all melee have ways to purge, have better control skills, better ability to tank damage (aren't forced to kite) etc etc.

With one skill that has a nice long cooldown and a nice high spark requirement. DPS is ineffectual in group PvP. You claim that I'm bad yet think to even suggest Melee having a DPS advantage when that advantage isn't useable in anything but 1v1 PvP or that rare time where they aren't under heavy fire? Arcanes aren't forced to kite, they simply do so to survive better. Melee has that option, but it would make them unable to deal damage, however sometimes for one to survive they have to kite like an Arcane does from time to time. Arcanes have the average highest DPH, and they far outnumber melee classes.

Yes, purify can save you without chain proc (which you contradict yourself with btw). If you can't figure out how a cd on proc could be worked around/abused, you don't deserve to figure it out. This is basic stuff.

Oh I'm well aware that it can save you without chain procing, which is why I stated that the cooldown wouldn't be as horrible as you seem to think. Thank you for actually agreeing with me on that note. I'm aware a cd could be worked around/abused, however there are many things already abused in order to land kills. People wait on genies, charms, and defense charms or tick them without wasting their vital skills in order to use them later. After those utilities have been used. Purify Spell would be no different in that people would try to find a way to bypass it, it's a defense measure to be bypassed if possible. People try to do that now, though it's not nearly as effective as they'd like it to be. Just because it could be abused doesn't mean it wouldn't be better than it is now, seeing as that would still take effort and people would still be forced to wait around for it or waste resources on ticking it while you can blast away.

You are not a "good" bm by any stretch of the imagination... LOL Describing you as "bad" really doesn't even do justice.

Your opinion, though wrong, is yours. I already stated that I don't care about it and as such I do not care to try to change it.

b:cute
  • marvinhuddleston
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This issue over the purify proc is because of one player who stomped 20 in NW . That one player is a 105 psychic in rank 9 3rd cast , has the best end game gear , that is sharded with jades and refined to + 12 ... every peice ... That player also knows how to play his class . Was stopping him possible .. yes .. but they didn't because they tried aps. So QQ some more , cause you cant fix stupid .... Are you going to ban him from playing ? How about banning cash shoppers ?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Different story on a server he does play though... cough cough, Haha I'm joking, but seriously guys chill a lil' Adroit, Zambie, I dun' wanna have to send you both to the naughty corner again, this time, it'll be for longer than 5 minutes too!

How about you and I go to that corner instead and get naught? b:shy
  • Ramesha - Heavens Tear
    Ramesha - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    this may have already been said I don't know but I don't really care of them feel like reading all these posts but all that would need to be done to purify proc to make it balanced would be lower the speed boost to 100% or remove the speed boost portion all togeter the ability to get purified randomly is a great advantage as it is.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The reason it's fallen to spam is because neither side will agree. There's really nothing else to be discussed.

The flag ought to cap speeds, which was the source of a great bulk of the complaints.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • RyougiShiki - Raging Tide
    RyougiShiki - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    lul he can 1v20 in nw because his gear value > the sum of all those 20 ppl, and wiz is specially good at owning lower geared ppl. stop trying to use your r9rr +10 or 12k hp bm compare to the full nw upgraded +12 wiz. his gear > you by 10 or 20 times in term of value.

just leave purify proc now. if you are evenly geared as those full +12 r9rr casters, you wont feel the imbalance.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Purify removes ALL negative buff.

It doesn't remove things that can't be purified (i.e. SoG/anti-fly/Soulburn/etc.).

Come back when you know what you're talking about, please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It doesn't remove things that can't be purified (i.e. SoG/anti-fly/Soulburn/etc.).

Come back when you know what you're talking about, please.

It also doesn't remove the delayed damage amp from aquaflame armor.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
This discussion has been closed.