Disable hypers in frost, yes, no or LV restricted?

Options

Comments

• donkeeypunch
    donkeeypunch Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    level restrict it. you guys talking about making the game play like a game again is great! mind you people will still power level via zhenning in the public quest pits. That method to p lvl will only get you to level 55 to 60.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Full squad only b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hypers aren't really all that necessary for lowbies, and neither is frost. You know what a great way to gain exp and coin is?

Grinding mobs at or slightly above your level with a training esoterica or silkworm. I seriously have about 80 of those just from the daily lucid quests, and I think tiger event. Not only do you get the benefit of leveling from it, but you get a nice amount of item drops that you'll never get in frost.

Plus the dq drops will give you points for event gold that you can use on charms, a new mount, fashion, tp stones, refining aids, etc.

Frankly, frost is the worst thing you can do in this game if you want to succeed as a player.b:surrender

Editing to add:
    You really don't need to use reflect at lower levels. If you stock up on the shards, then when you hit higher levels you can afk for 12 hours a day and get a good amount of exp that way as well. Really the only people that need a bit of exp boost are the higher level players. Everything else is a walk in the park.
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Riverwalker - Sanctuary
    Riverwalker - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    And yes as I said even in the past, it's amusing how it's really only the higher level player base at 100 or close to it that want this nerf.

I don't blame any player for wanting to use Pleveling/Normal FC as a leveling method, questing in this game is already tedious and yields little results per quest. If PWI actually majorly increased the exp gain from quest I would gladly do them again to level as I am sure most would too.

If I had to ask a question, someone please tell me how capping FC at 85 or removing hypering will do something positive for the game that is somehow causing game breaking results currently.
    b:shutup

MOST of the higher lvls that you are referring to have been playing this game since it started. We aren't trying to keep players "in the dirt" or from lvl'ing up. Most want to see a better quality player than the "fcc babies" that bought their level and have no real knowledge on how to play their character.

Game mechanics changed over the years, you have many benefits that were not there years ago. Reflection, Bounty Hunter, Marriage Quests, Morai, just to name a few. As well as huge amounts of quests that have been added to the game. I still say using fcc the way its being used is exploiting the game. If the game is so tedious and offers so little to you, what do you think its going to give you at lvl 100? I fail to see how reaching end game stats and material makes the game less "tedious".

"Capping at 85"? No. Capping means that would be the highest lvl allowed. fcc quests don't start until the 70's, that is the level that should be required to enter the instance. You can't do many things in game unless you meet the requirements, this one should not be any different. Use your hypers in Nix Valley or other instance appropriate to the lvl of your char.
    Don't tell me get a life! Honey, I'm a gamer, I've got lots of them! b:victory
  • BeatMyBeauty - Dreamweaver
    BeatMyBeauty - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I R sad now. b:cry

Let's get this trending on Twitter. It will hurt, but we want to level and get where the real gameplay is happening. Please give us FC back, I am bleeding really bad, it hurts so much, but I have to keep going.
    #Cut4FC
  • wolvia
    wolvia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Honestly, level to entrance frost should just be restricted. I'd rather not lose all hyper ability, considering I would still like to level my main and 1.3bil exp is something I'd rather use frost to help me with. But I'm so tired of frost babies...level restriction would be wonderful. 75 or 85+ seems fine to me! :)
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:chuckleThere would be real gameplay at lower levels if everyone wasn't always in frost. I'm just saying...
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Let me be honest, there are very very few people who can't grasp the basic mechanics of PVE which I know most of the posts in here will pertain to. Most people I've been in squad for PVE-related things will either ask if they don't know something or they'll start doing it when I ask them to. I've encountered very few people I would kick out of squad and pk for sucking and not listening.

I think you guys just need to get over the whole "hyper baby" thing and let it be.

Ok, I can understand this point.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Way too late to attempt to undo the damages by keeping it removed. I personally would like to see a requirement of at least having one 80+ character per account. For people that don't want to go through all of it again, this isn't bad at all.

It wasn't until yesterday that I felt like wanting to make another barb, because barbs. It took me from 2008 to 2010 to get to 100. I really don't want to do ALL of that again. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:chuckleThere would be real gameplay at lower levels if everyone wasn't always in frost. I'm just saying...

Not really, every1 would be stuck in reflection if you take out FCC. b:chuckle
  • Fribles - Lost City
    Fribles - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    #Cut4FC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cash shoppers in PWI b:surrender
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Not really, every1 would be stuck in reflection if you take out FCC. b:chuckle

Ah, but that would require doing things like Bounty Hunter, roll call, cube of fate... You'd actually have to play the game in order to reflect regularly.
  • mav4life
    mav4life Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Let me be honest, there are very very few people who can't grasp the basic mechanics of PVE which I know most of the posts in here will pertain to. Most people I've been in squad for PVE-related things will either ask if they don't know something or they'll start doing it when I ask them to. I've encountered very few people I would kick out of squad and pk for sucking and not listening.

I think you guys just need to get over the whole "hyper baby" thing and let it be.

Also, fix this **** asap 'cause I don't want to level a veno the hard way for the third ****ing time.

I happen to agree with this, but even for BHs most ppl get high lvls to run them through or people run their alts through with their mains, how's that help anyone learn the game? I've had many accounts, and have quested every class to 80+ 2 or 3 times over (depending on class), since PWI decided to delete my main account and messed up my others in other ways. I dont feel I need to lvl my toons by questing, again.... I know how to play the game, I know the game mechanics, and I never ask for "high lvl help" for BHs.

Killing off FC will not make the game any better, but I would vote for a 75+ restriction, since it is easy to lvl to 75 with quests/BH/PV/PQ. And bring back fc gear so lower lvls have a decent chance at "free" gear when running through FC, since TT is owned by people who just solo and jack up prices on mats. 250k for 1 tt60 mat is hilarious though....

Anyone who thinks killing FC will fix PWI doesnt know anything about how PWI once was, back when you could squad for quests/instances and actually have fun.
  • Riverwalker - Sanctuary
    Riverwalker - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i feel like all the people who voted to disable hypers in frost and have a lv restriction are all 100+ have all gotten what they wanted and dont want to compete with anyone eisle. i vote no! keep it back to the way it was so all levels have the same EQUAL chance. you people are so selfish

b:chuckle I don't think anyone would ever call me selfish because it took me 4 years to reach lvl 102 on my main and finally hit lvl 95 on my 2nd toon this past week.... Tell me.... what is it I have that I don't want anyone else to have? Cuz if it is so valuable, I must have misplaced it or someone stole it! b:angry

You also miss the point here. Level restriction will only keep players below that lvl out, it won't stop you from using it after you attain the lvl you need to enter it. Most agree hypers should be allowed once you attain lvl to enter..... soooo what is it your are crying about?
    Don't tell me get a life! Honey, I'm a gamer, I've got lots of them! b:victory
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I vote for a definite level restriction because I used to think once you got to the level to access Frost, I was thrilled to know I was high enough finally but then powerleveling started to occur which took away the join of being part of the growing number of high levels. Sure, its a way to make money, but I think it sort of sapped the fun of the game in general. I'm sort of happy the hypers went out temporarily. Hate on me all you want but its a good thing for hyper babies to stop, now I DO sympathize for those who are high level as it is because where are we going to get the exp now aside from quests. So if they put a strict level cap I'm for it. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Aylith - Harshlands
    Aylith - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Needs to be a reputation transfer option... I dropped 300k rep each onto my two alts in the hopes of fc-ing them up to 101 within the next few weeks in preparation for TW map reset.

Now my only 100+ character is the only character I have without the necessary rep for r9, pwi pls. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My pixels bring all the boys to Dark, and they're like, I'll buy gear for ya. Damn right, CS r9 for ya.
    Take this free zen, you don't have to charge! b:kiss
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hypers aren't really all that necessary for lowbies, and neither is frost. You know what a great way to gain exp and coin is?

Grinding mobs at or slightly above your level with a training esoterica or silkworm. I seriously have about 80 of those just from the daily lucid quests, and I think tiger event. Not only do you get the benefit of leveling from it, but you get a nice amount of item drops that you'll never get in frost.

Plus the dq drops will give you points for event gold that you can use on charms, a new mount, fashion, tp stones, refining aids, etc.

Frankly, frost is the worst thing you can do in this game if you want to succeed as a player.b:surrender

Editing to add:
    You really don't need to use reflect at lower levels. If you stock up on the shards, then when you hit higher levels you can afk for 12 hours a day and get a good amount of exp that way as well. Really the only people that need a bit of exp boost are the higher level players. Everything else is a walk in the park.

I am curious how killing mobs help you succeed more than getting FC runs.

Oh, and whats the point of playing the game if you're gonna afk level for 12 hours a day?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    A software company that does no qt? b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No. Hypers should not be disabled.

I see little to no benefits to disable hypers.

<snip>

9. There is no efficient way for level 100s to level to 101! Doing phoenix valley solo requires excellent gears, and that is extremely hard to acquire for a level 100. Therefore, FC is really the only efficient way.

Excellent post and ideas except #9.

I've facerolled my way through PV at 100 just fine with **** gears on a few classes, and played on a friend's BM with **** gears (I kinda know how to play a BM) and done just fine.

2-3 Person PVs are still amazing exp and really easy. Although I can solo it with my eyes closed on my current toon (or its gear prior to NW), it's even easier with someone else and good exp for them at 100.

However, it's 15 minutes out of your day, what else do you want to do with your time if you want to level? BH doesn't take more than 15 minutes, cube is difficult if you have luck like mine (and the xp is ****), PQ is slower than zhenning, etc etc.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Excellent post and ideas except #9.

I've facerolled my way through PV at 100 just fine with **** gears on a few classes, and played on a friend's BM with **** gears (I kinda know how to play a BM) and done just fine.

2-3 Person PVs are still amazing exp and really easy. Although I can solo it with my eyes closed on my current toon (or its gear prior to NW), it's even easier with someone else and good exp for them at 100.

However, it's 15 minutes out of your day, what else do you want to do with your time if you want to level? BH doesn't take more than 15 minutes, cube is difficult if you have luck like mine (and the xp is ****), PQ is slower than zhenning, etc etc.

I was thinking more of multi runs pv :x At the current moment I do 6 pv runs in 15 minutes. I can't imagine how people would do that many in tt99 +5 :x
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I vote for lvl restriction, 80+ seems ok for me :P
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Zelial - Dreamweaver
    Zelial - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I say lvl 75+...
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I was thinking more of multi runs pv :x At the current moment I do 6 pv runs in 15 minutes. I can't imagine how people would do that many in tt99 +5 :x

6 runs in 15 min? That is like 2.5 min per run, in 2 min you dont even take all mobs to end of instance.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Third thread we have already moved into ...

Anyway level restriction for entrance into FC (and normal hyper as it was before update) would do the trick and thats what i voted for.

Anything else has no sence and is either a fanboy wanting ole hard times back or a easy way out play 2 days troll.

My 2 cents on the third thread already.
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You forgot one answer to the poll "revert fcc to its original state"
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • asishi
    asishi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    FC hyperability doesn't need to be restored. I got 100 without ever once touching a hyper, esoterica, silkworm, without ever running FC for anything but quests. It's not that hard, people just don't want to have to try. All FC hypering gives us is 90% of our playerbase being so ignorant the skilled players have to stop and explain to people how to play their own class mid-instance. Even without that, there's still reflections, various quests/instances awarding >1m xp, a few well-hidden zhen spots that put hypered FC to shame anyway, and the list goes on.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

I was talking multis....3-5. Duo it's like super easy to get 5 in. And thats clearing 98% of the instance. Just gotta know your class. I'd say its hard for a vit barb, but I did it on my Barb solo and cleared 4 (boss took WAY too long with a +7 R8r def level hammer). I even know of savvy not well geared clerics who can solo 3-5 in 15.

In terms of speed runs to frogs, its a level of "So easy, you could do it while the game is uninstalled" with the right genie and pots given how the mobs reset.

I soloed 3 in TT99 +5 on that BM, and just couldn't find a toon to open a 4th with 2 minutes left. I think I was clearing 75%ish of the zone. (3 total Pulls, wasnt paying attention to resets). For Seekers it's derp level easy.
    6 runs in 15 min? That is like 2.5 min per run, in 2 min you dont even take all mobs to end of instance.

....If you're walking them and stopping for tacos along the way, sure. Holy path and my run skills will get me all the way to the end. Boss takes like 20-30 seconds to drop, and the frogs are one aoe.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I vote for level restriction to lvl75+.

That's what the playerbase has been asking for a long time. I know the damage has been done already but I think doing this will still help in the long run.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • coy0te
    coy0te Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I have been playing for going on 4 years and have done fine without doing fc except when quest required. I find that people who power level in fc do not know how to use their skills effectively and often can not do their classes jobs in squads.
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I vote for level restriction to lvl75+.

That's what the playerbase has been asking for a long time. I know the damage has been done already but I think doing this will still help in the long run.

playerbase asked to make a new nw time slot for EU players too, but they ignore us all b:surrender

P.S. even my old post about nw was deletedb:angry
This discussion has been closed.