Disable hypers in frost, yes, no or LV restricted?

Options

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hear this from someone whose main is only level 93 and who only started May of 2012

Level restriction please

Way too many people telling me to just get to 50 in an hour. I stayed out of FC for 6 months or so getting to 79 with BH/quest, and finally went into FC at the end of level 79, because a friend treated me to bigroom. (I first really learned about FC at around level 50) We had just duo'd PQ1 so it felt really bad to just refuse. From that point on I started to run FCs with WC squads and it was fun as hell. Met all sorts of people, including a squad of alts at level 80-90 who pulled full halls into boss, clerics that pull full hall and the first tanking sins I've yet seen at my own level. I'd hate for it to go away because running it with at-level squad is really educational, but tab and click isn't.

IMO, make level ranges for FC like TT; ie FC1= 80-90, FC2= 90-99, FC3= 100+, with exp gain and difficulty scaled, and put in a gear farming FC so that lower levels can farm it easy (FC being a joke compared to TT of the same level). TMFC would be nice, too.

As for lower levels, I got my BM to 71 in about 3, 4 weeks of playing and little BHing, learned a lot, had fun, a few BHes, new quests are great exp. If they gave low level BH coin reward it'd be even better
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • apf1984
    apf1984 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I disagree with the idea of not being able to activate hyper's in frost, Yes this is a known bug that was not intended. To keep this as a permanent addition would be to loose a lot of players. At the most it should be level restricted to say 85+ at most. I quested and bh'd my sin to 85+ and a seeker to 72 before i started power leveling. Some of us have earned our rights to power level our own alts if we want to. And have put our hard earned money in to our chars to be able to solo frost to do that. Please don't take this away from us!
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Yes make it lvl restricted WITH NO LOOP HOLES to bug it to get people under the lvl requirement in.The maps has been empty far to long and really people need to play this game for how it is intended,and by that time if your lvl meets the requirements and you want that puch then go to FF,there are other ways to do lvling with dedication to PV,zhen parties(like the old days..not to hard and alot better these days instead of using training scrolls for 50% more exp..now you have the hypers..still great exp),BH's(the lower lvl bh's have become null and void,nows the time to come together and work for the exp/spirit,and gets some basic to expert knowlege about your toon and what you as a player can handle with your toon),crazy stone..do it now..most easy part of the exp adventure..or feed orbs to your alts,do base quest,guzzle down a few oracles(if your into that stuff).
    Though this updates looks bad for the FF crack kids(i been in many FF's in my time but dont blow myself out with them so i dont really care about it to much,even on my sin doing FF to sell is quite boring since i make my coin mainly on the outside),it really benefits the game in general.b:bye
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • yumibrasil
    yumibrasil Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No, I do not want to prohibit that because it is a form of the + 80 lvls starting to got more exp, because this is hard lvl up, I can agree to put a limit on starting + 80. b:laugh
    6y8CnTq.jpg?1
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not gonna change anything.

I,myself, lvled my character from 1-85 in 3 days by just grinding and hypering on the PQ mobs an hour a day and without doing any quests whatsoever. This was of course my 10th pwi character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    apf1984 wrote: »
    I disagree with the idea of not being able to activate hyper's in frost, Yes this is a known bug that was not intended. To keep this as a permanent addition would be to loose a lot of players. At the most it should be level restricted to say 85+ at most. I quested and bh'd my sin to 85+ and a seeker to 72 before i started power leveling. Some of us have earned our rights to power level our own alts if we want to. And have put our hard earned money in to our chars to be able to solo frost to do that. Please don't take this away from us!

We don't need your selfish greedyness here! All you wanna do is sell it and make money, to kill the game faster. Shoo shoo you greedy coin obsessed thoughtless farmer!

Another idea is TURN IT BACK INTO TT-lIKE GEAR INSTANCE! What's the point of the forges there anymore if no one can make the gear? Why did they change it in the first place? It should have remained a alternative gear-farming instance from the start.
  • XelhaChaos - Archosaur
    XelhaChaos - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No,
    But if you are gonna lvl restrict it I would say 70-80 Range. I don't know about this whole 85+ Maybe because I don't have as much time to play as other players. With a intern job, new house, & boyfriend. Its hard for me to play for only maybe 1-2 hours when I do get on. I have never bought FC heads/Room, I always do full normal runs. But BH-Blue Quests-RoR-Anything other then white normal quests, would seem to me be hard for time restricted people to get to 75-85 at a "moderate" rate. Of course people who have more time to play will lvl faster(and wouldn't get bored). But people like me and many of my other friends cant play as often. Pretty much taking me months to get to the "lvl 85 restricted" That's just me though. (: Btw my lvl 101 Cleric too me 2 years to reach that, so I am far from power leveling. But I do have a few alts I enjoy playing, after I do my dailies on my Cleric.
    I'm just looking out for the people that don't have time to play daily and/or 2+ hour sessions.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Val -

In regards to the changes made to Frost covered City ( FC)

I am personally for the change that restricts hyper use in FC. or the lvl restriction to be implemented.

but what would really make my day and im sure many other players out there.
    if you could put forward the idea to bring back Trophy mode (TM) for the FC instance.

when it was turned into an exp instance, the TM was disabled and the npc that started the quest was removed.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21422

the item requires 8 successful runs of TM in each instance ( 69 , 79 , 89 ( both ) ,99 ( both ) ,Lunar and FC.

without TM in FC you cannot make the item.
  • Ahmose - Lost City
    Ahmose - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    pwi was way more fun bfore frost and them packs.. the lvl restriction s good but a lil too late if u ask me.. idk maybe u guys 'll come up with something new that 'll inv some new people into pwi, too many alts b:surrender
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No,
    But if you are gonna lvl restrict it I would say 70-80 Range. I don't know about this whole 85+ Maybe because I don't have as much time to play as other players. With a intern job, new house, & boyfriend. Its hard for me to play for only maybe 1-2 hours when I do get on. I have never bought FC heads/Room, I always do full normal runs. But BH-Blue Quests-RoR-Anything other then white normal quests, would seem to me be hard for time restricted people to get to 75-85 at a "moderate" rate. Of course people who have more time to play will lvl faster(and wouldn't get bored). But people like me and many of my other friends cant play as often. Pretty much taking me months to get to the "lvl 85 restricted" That's just me though. (: Btw my lvl 101 Cleric too me 2 years to reach that, so I am far from power leveling. But I do have a few alts I enjoy playing, after I do my dailies on my Cleric.
    I'm just looking out for the people that don't have time to play daily and/or 2+ hour sessions.

101? Says your 100 in avatar......
  • aetherlinesey
    aetherlinesey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i vote lvl restrict FC all together so yoou cant even get in enless your level 75, let hypers work inside but you cant get in enless your 75 (the level youg et your first quests inside FC)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Fail wrong thread

Val -

I am personally for the change that restricts hyper use in FC. or the lvl restriction to be implemented.

if you could put forward the idea to bring back Trophy mode (TM) for the FC instance.

when it was turned into an exp instance, the TM was disabled and the npc that started the quest was removed.

the item requires 8 successful runs of TM in each instance ( 69 , 79 , 89 ( both ) ,99 ( both ) ,Lunar and FC.

Hey Beleni,

You didn't move to this the wrong thread. It was moved because Val has asked that any an all FC discussion on that thread be moved here. As he just wants to reserve the undocumented changes for undocumented changes.
    101? Says your 100 in avatar......

Forum avatars are buggy and don't always display the right level. They also sometimes don't display at all.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lvl restriced lvl +80
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • thomasthundersword
    thomasthundersword Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i think it should be hypers work no matter what in FC BUT its restricted to lvl 75 and if your below that you cant get in, i also like the idea of bringing back FC tm but leaving ti as exp instance
  • yumibrasil
    yumibrasil Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lvl restriced lvl +80

Agree + 80 XD
    6y8CnTq.jpg?1
  • XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not gonna change anything.

I,myself, lvled my character from 1-85 in 3 days by just grinding and hypering on the PQ mobs an hour a day and without doing any quests whatsoever. This was of course my 10th pwi character.

I certianly hope this poll does level restrict it.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think it should be 75+ are the only ones allowed to enter, I chose 75 because thats the level you get your first quest there and there shouldn't be a normal quest you can't do at your level because of game mechanics.

• Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hey Beleni,

You didn't move to this the wrong thread. It was moved because Val has asked that any an all FC discussion on that thread be moved here. As he just wants to reserve the undocumented changes for undocumented changes.

Forum avatars are buggy and don't always display the right level. They also sometimes don't display at all.
    ty just seen
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think it should be 75+ are the only ones allowed to enter, I chose 75 because thats the level you get your first quest there and there shouldn't be a normal quest you can't do at your level because of game mechanics.

It is true, I think that 75 + is reasonable because you can lvl easy from quests, crazy stone and BH. Getting to 75 lvl will be easy and a lot of fun to learn your new character skills but I do not agree at all with closing FC for all lvl's. Good suggestion, best so far! b:victoryb:cute
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Put a lvl restriction and i would suggest to start selling exp in Boutique. 1milion exp/at 99 silver. Hell and if we are at it just put already lvl'd 105 chars whit r9s3 gear in shop .
    Jokes aside,you made a mistake just fix it and that's about it. Stop changing the rules just cause a few people think this will help the game.
    It won't help cause the majority of low lvl's are just alts. Maybe you people who talk about map activity and sht should go to starter areas and see how many new players join the game.
    A new player won't ask for power lvl. And reason is simple he CAN'T afford it. And let's be honest this game is easy as hell it doesn't require skill or anything. You don;t learn anything at low lvl aside the fact that if you want to play the game at a competitive lvl you do need to check the Website for the Purchase Zhen tab.
    So just leave things as they are and better concentrate on the bugs and issues that affect the small player base that is left. New players will either stick to the game if they like it or just run like hell once they come on forum and find out how great this company is and how it respects it's players.
    So no lvl restriction. Sins have to "eat" too and alts have to lvl too or soon NW will be a ghost town.

Have a nice day and enjoy PWI if u can!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Skyforger - Dreamweaver
    Skyforger - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Lvl restricted 85+
  • Ikirya - Harshlands
    Ikirya - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I don't mind lvl restricted if the high lvl quest are updated as well.
    Killing 80 mobs per quest gets boring fast :x
  • Ryuza_ - Raging Tide
    Ryuza_ - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Val -

is not only 8 run is 64 8 for each robe
    Edit:TM 69 64Run
    TM79 64run
    TM89 Eden 24
    TM89 Brimstone 24
    TM FC (no ideia)
    TM 99 Abaddon 24
    TM99 SoT 24
    TM Lunar 16
    Yo~.
  • Unseenrage - Harshlands
    Unseenrage - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level 85+ to use hypers sounds good to me.

But don't cap it at 100 or something stupid like that because people still use it at that higher level.
  • titotit
    titotit Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    my question is, wht about the ones who are at lvl 100-104 without any quests to do? how the fuc are they gonna reach 105?
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    titotit wrote: »
    my question is, wht about the ones who are at lvl 100-104 without any quests to do? how the fuc are they gonna reach 105?

In a few more years of endless grind of mobs ...
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2013
    Options

100-101 won't take too long I think. I've almost got there on my sin just passively doing BH with no attempt to level or hyper FC.

101+ should use PV.

• Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level Restricted starting 85+ according to (Walk of Shame anyways)

Really compared to back in the days low levels got MANY ways to get alot of XP, I mean hell check it, Ppl STLL Got Hypers.

Quests =Questmaster xp rerwards
    Bounty Hunter
    Zhen grinding
    Oracles
    World Quest
    Crazy Stones
    PV (Can hyper this being kinda better then FC)
    PQ
    Cube of fate
    Gamma
    (If married) MQ
    Hell Morai gives a ton of XP

Okay so most ppls alt's want get 100 so soon, or ur friend that was soon to be 100 tomorrow has to wait a few days maybe.

Vs

alot more activity around the map, town and quest spots wont be dead. If ppl remember how it was in morai when it first started...should be looking like that all over the place.

I in all honestly would prefer NO Hypers in FC period but at same time ppls points have merit its should be level restricted cause the main complaint is level 100 + FC noobies that just **** ppl the hell off. and level 85-100 was a pain before hypers. Also level restricting FC also helps lower levels make some coins cause them low level molds and 3 *star gear will start having some worth to them again cause ppl will be useing them a lil more longer then a night or two.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

pv, morai quest... damn! u should stop being lazy, and "i have a job i cant do it" isnt an answer.
  • RedXL - Harshlands
    RedXL - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I vote you keep FC as is or mabe 70+i leveled 2 chars to 100 the normal way before i lvled fast the 3rd it took me months to achieve 100 because i couldnt play 24^7 i understand too many people power leveling but must take into account we all have lives outside of PWI and some of us cant afford to neglect it to a virtual world. Many people would decide leveling too slow and they cannot commit too many hours and quit also all people would have to do is PV which is once a day and hound people down to pk them while thier farming or qesting because people will have nothing better to do. Now what you got dozens complaining they cant get anything done because lvling too difficult especially with people keeping them from questing with overkill pvp
This discussion has been closed.