Disable hypers in frost, yes, no or LV restricted?

Options
krisnda
krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
In lieu of the other thread about hypers being disabled in frost, I'm deciding to make a poll.

Now, yes V4l mentioned that the change is a bug and will most likely be fixed, but I want to see what the community wants (even though I know that most poll are kindsa rigged here, I'll do it anyway).

"If you guys want it to stay, then you'd better show your support strongly and loudly"

I'm changing the poll in order to add lv restriction since that also seems to be a popular option.

Sorry to have you guys re-vote D:

Edit: I'm actually leaning more towards the idea of having them lv restricted rather than just outright disabling hypers on fc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wow, and a minute after I asked v4liance to do this.

Well then, allow me to cast the first vote for "Level Restricted." do.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restricted 85+!
  • Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restricted 85+ aswell b:pleased
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No.

**** over anyone who wants to level now isn't gonna fix the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    level restricted 85+

I'm tired of FC babies

It doesnt take long to level to 85 without the damn last room/heads
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How about remove the T3 weapons from Warsong because I already have full T3 and i dont need. Is same thing as lvl 100+ players vote for FC.....If they dont need anymore they sure vote for yes. I vote to remove T3 weapons and i vote to in Warsong stop people from making mobless run and bosses be imun to dmg if they dont kill all pavilion. How about that, fair enough? Just because you people dont need FC anymore after lvling 40 characters, dont mean that other dont need either.
    I vote for NO WAY or LVL 85+ the best choice.
  • Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No.

Scewing over anyone who wants to level now isn't gonna fix the problem.

its very easy to get to 85 without the use of FC. easily obtainable in under 1 month of playing. (even easier now with reflection, new quests from mr.jones, BH, oracles, divines, etc.)
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No.

i coudlnt say it better.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How about remove the T3 weapons from Warsong because I already have full T3 and i dont need. Is same thing as lvl 100+ players vote for FC.....If they dont need anymore they sure vote for yes. I vote to remove T3 weapons and i vote to in Warsong stop people from making mobless run and bosses be imun to dmg if they dont kill all pavilion. How about that, fair enough? Just because you people dont need FC anymore after lvling 40 characters, dont mean that other dont need either.
    I have three characters of FF-eligible level and several others in the 60-80 range who I do not want to be allowed in. Don't presume that anyone voting against frost abuse is simply using only 100+ characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'd have to vote lvl restricted. If hypers are taken out of FC it needs to be returned to a gear instance then so people can farm it like HH.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • BreezeD - Raging Tide
    BreezeD - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Lvl restriction. You learn your char on your way to lv100.
    Getting to 80 or 85 is really easy with BHs and all the quests.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No.

Two problems with this post:

1. "Anyone who wants to level" does not equate to "anyone who wants to abuse frost" because the leveling system shouldn't be about abusing frost.

2. Fix what problem, exactly? Hyper babies? You can't fix the ones that exist, but you can sure as hell prevent more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No point in keeping it this way.
    Far too late to change the damage done.
    Changing it now will only benefit those who are already level 100+ and new players (if there are any left) will have an even greater barrier to work with.

If you really want to make it level restricted, remove portal entrance (and thus make it port in only with stone) or make it actually check the player for certain level requirements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I have three characters of FF-eligible level and several others in the 60-80 range who I do not want to be allowed in. Don't presume that anyone voting against frost abuse is simply using only 100+ characters.

Yes they does. They only have alts that lvl them cuz they are bored. We just wait and see. I dont have characters under 100 so it dont affect me but will others, just let them 85+ lvl then. Easy to lvl under 80 anyway , just dont close it.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I vote for NO WAY or LVL 85+ the best choice.

I have only ONE character that is 101 BM (joined FC runs on occasion at lvl 85), second highest is 98 (started giving him heads at 90), then 90 (a couple full FC runs), and the rest in 70's and low 80's. I vote level restricted to 85+.

All my characters below level 85 were EASILY levelled without FC
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    like with rebirth.

Make people go through the whole thing to get to the reward. Those who say that fc teaches squadplay will surely endorse this notion, right? I mean how do you learn squadplay by showing up for 2 minutes, shooting heads, then leaving?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

We already know you're a special snowflake so whatevs.

Anyway, no. It's unfair to new players and to people who want to level an alt for whatever reason. idc about people sucking at their chars because they've never really used it. That's their problem, not mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • NoMinD - Raging Tide
    NoMinD - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I vote for a level restriction, around level 85 will do. I got a level 103 wizard I have been playing for more than 2 years now. It was easy to level to 80 without doing FC, then used FC from 80 to 100. From 100 to 103 I leveled by doing quests, events, cube, AEU, PV, BH, but FC and it wasn't so hard at all. The game is more enjoyable this way. So level restriction all the way for me. And if you ask I got a few alts I want to level and I wasn't planning the FC way, that's just lame.

b:laugh
  • Bodoheim - Dreamweaver
    Bodoheim - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Lvl restricted 85+
  • Tulipia - Dreamweaver
    Tulipia - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm fine with a lvl restriction. I got to 85 without FC anyways in like a month. FC becomes a major help afterwards though.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    level range restricted. Nothing wrong with lvl 70-80s in FC. Actually, thats where most of the fun is ! Thats where the challenge is and thats where you really learn to play your character well. Just make sure that if 70-80s are gonna be in the instance, no higher levels can be in there before them, besides them or after them. Make people choose level range upon entering.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    voted for lvl restriction b:surrender and for all of you people saying its a lvl85 instance, you probably dont do quests so you might not know that the first quests for fcc start at 75.

so i think lvl 75 should be the minimum requirement to enter. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • //ONDER - Raging Tide19
    //ONDER - Raging Tide19 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restriction in entering FC should be done.I would say lvl75+ would be reasonable because lvl75-85 players should be given chance to as at these level FC is quite challenging and fun too.From lvl85+ it becomes easy and enjoyable.So i suggest entry level should be 75+.
  • nightmarejack79
    nightmarejack79 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    well i think its bull and i to have low lvls and 4 100+ but without hypers how am i supposto get the half a bill wxp to get to 103 and if i wanna lvl my lower chars that should be up to me not you noone forces u to ff but it should be an option !!!!!!!b:angry
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This has been a long time coming, b:angry It's time they freaking listened about the problem with frost; Plvling lvl 1 characters to 100 in less than a month DOES NOT HELP to keep the game alive.

RESTRICT FC TO AT LEAST 80+ NOW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • LolyLove - Raging Tide
    LolyLove - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Restricted FC sounds a interesting Idea.. People at least will make more bhs and quest until get 75+ and then swtich to FC.

No more lvl100 in 1 week.. I agree with it
  • Ericka_Baehr - Heavens Tear
    Ericka_Baehr - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think its BS to mess with ppl's gamin... I havent ever really been upset about anything that you all have done until now! I think it needs to be fixed back to the 1st time with dragons exp. But if that isnt possible then why shouldnt we be able to use hypers? 100+ has a hard enough time gettin exp anyways besides the orbs we get in BH's. So yes I think we need to keep hypers on in FF. Also, it isnt our fault that there isnt a lvl cap on FF anymore which yall messed up back when earthguards came out.b:angry
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'd say level restricted, 80+, I struggled to get to 85, but then again I was at level 80 in 2010 (had a break)
    I agree to bring back the hyper system, but I wonder, if it had the level cap AND the Farming like TT brought back to it?
    Level capping will prevent hyper babies,and I agree, as Miugre said:

Hyper babies? You can't fix the ones that exist, but you can sure as hell prevent more.

People desperately need to learn how to play their class. In the last week of BH's I have seen about 3 barbs who dont know what true form is o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Funny that the only ones I see complaining about not be able to use Hypers here are players who wants to level their alt, not the new player.

If I was a new player with normal brain, I wouldn't want to get to 100 in just a couple of days. I want to see the world, I want to do quest, grinding some money etc.
    No, not able to get to 100 in just a click won't make new players dead. If I want to get on par with everyone else on the top, I'll play a fighting game in consoles.

What makes them dead is when the game shoves them a set of mind that "You must buy Hyper, go to that frosty dungeon, pay some coin to the other player so you can get to 100 in no time, oh by the way you can get the coin needed by buying gold from us."

Voila, 1 FC baby from the new player was born.
    But what I see here are only FC Babies from the old players.

And guess what? Old players that creates an alt can actually play together with those new player who just learned about the game mechanic. *gasp*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No, honestly what will u do when you are lvl1-99? Yup try to get lvl100, might as well powerlevel then XD
    Rank 9 is lvl101, so everybody should get 101 as fast as possible and buy it, good for company b:cute
This discussion has been closed.