Disable hypers in frost, yes, no or LV restricted?

Options

Comments

• gix3
    gix3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    people need to at least learn something of how to play their toon before FC pling. level restrict Hyper or even not let lowbie's in at all. 85+ only. Hell maybe when they reach 100 they might be able to play and be helpful to squad. b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restricted 80+

85+ is too late imho, as exp gain really dies after 80. Also the instance is totally handleable by people at level 80.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • plusonepostcount
    plusonepostcount Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Only bug I hope they'll never fix

lvl restriction would be best but its not impossible to lvl up without the aid of frosting I had 2 chars to 9x b4 bh's even got added to the game
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I vote for lvl restriction... The instance was meant to be for 85+ players to begin with... And it's the lowby's plvling their way up (and the ppl selling the instance to the lowby's) that's the problem, not the 80/85+ players that already know how to play their class and want a little exp boost...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Since you stated it would make Frost unnecessary with all those extra options.This game is already too far gone as far as I am concerned, so why would the removal of FC hypering even matter then?
    Read it again, carefully. What I said was:
    Nowadays [Cube and BH], among others, make grinding largely unnecessary even if Frost were to be removed entirely.
    It is entirely possible and reasonable to get to 100 without abusing Frost below level 75, and without grinding. It's also entirely possible to get to 100 without ever setting foot in Frost, although that's not what I'm suggesting here.

If removing Frost hypering wouldn't matter, why are so many people angry about it? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • filine92
    filine92 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if it will be Lv restricted so the lev 75+ would be nice the port at the port stone have lev 75+ and with this level it is harder to level
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    --wait what o-o
    What?
    *insert huge grin here* What? :33333 Foribily removing more FC mistakes from being born anew what? :333 Or whatever

Yes \o/
    ...gdi I need to patch the game OTL
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Read it again, carefully. What I said was:

It is entirely possible and reasonable to get to 100 without abusing Frost below level 75, and without grinding. It's also entirely possible to get to 100 without ever setting foot in Frost, although that's not what I'm suggesting here.

If removing Frost hypering wouldn't matter, why are so many people angry about it? :P

I read what you said, what I am saying is based on your points, removing FC or nerfing the use of Hyper in there is not even relevant then, Therefor it could just stay the way it used to be.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ban hypered FC b:laugh

People will have to actually quest and won't end up with 5 100s in a few months.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wha FC hyper removed o-o
    Keepitkeepitkeepitkeepit
    ((I mean probabily level restriction's a better option for compromise purposes, and also that's what's winning in the poll but +.+))

Poll where ? ROFL

Didnt think anyone was stupid enough to make a poll ...

Oh how wrong i was =/
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i feel like all the people who voted to disable hypers in frost and have a lv restriction are all 100+ have all gotten what they wanted and dont want to compete with anyone eisle. i vote no! keep it back to the way it was so all levels have the same EQUAL chance. you people are so selfish
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I Vote for LV restricted.
    Either Lv 80 or 85+, because lvling too lv 80 isnt hard, especially, when you using Hypers on normal mobs.

New players dont even know about FCC, only players who now lv in FCC will notice and most of them are doing it like normal, in a squad cleaning everything and thats fine to me.
  • MacGregor - Dreamweaver
    MacGregor - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i'd say make it level 70-75+ to enter, the way it couldn't be opened unless you were that level, and let hypers be available in there.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No. Hypers should not be disabled.

I see little to no benefits to disable hypers.

1. There is little to no support for mid-game activity. Nation Wars, PvP, TW, Warsong, Lunar, TT, etc etc are all end game 100+ activities. All this will do is make it harder for people to catch up to those who are already 100+.

2. Most classes do not required people to be good at their class to survive PvE. PvE is extremely easy to begin with. While it would be nice to have clerics that can heal properly, the abundance of APS DDs nowadays means that DPH based and low DPS classes such as pure dex archers and wizards can simply auto attack/spam gush/pyrogram and still get away with it.

3. Doing BH and killing mobs do NOT make you better at PvP. This game is largely PvP focused end game. When you are full r9rr +12 and fully jaded, there is nothing challenging about PvE. It is completely unnecessary to spend hours killing mobs when most of the knowledge will be useless end game. You will never need to stunlock a mob to kill it. Mobs do not crit, do not heal, have very limited skills, and most do not even need to be kited.

4. There is nothing wrong with powerleveling. If you suspect someone is powerleveled, do not squad with them. Simple as that. Decent players WILL learn their classes. If not, then they are free kills in TW and good points for NW. So Whats the problem anyway? For example, I power leveled my Assassin from level 7x. However, I have yet to run into anyone who really have a problem with that fact.

5. This DECREASE PWI's PROFITS. One of the main reason for low levels to cashshop nowadays is to buy hyper exp stones! Disabling this completely takes away that reason.

6. This creates a new dead instance. Do we really want more dead instances?

7. This will not in anyway help bring in more players. There is no correlation between the number of people hypering versus the number of people joining the game. If you have 10 people who joined the game today, regardless whether 9 or 0 of them decide to hyper to 100 sometime down their lives, there would still be only 10 people who joined the game today.

8. This would discourage people from leveling alts. There is a fair number of people who enjoy leveling alts through the lower levels, and then hyper them up for the later levels. This in turn would mean that there will be LESS people doing BH for the lower levels! Additionally, this would further result in a Decrease of Profits for PWI. Less people leveling alts means less characters to spend money on, which in turn means less reasons to be cashshopping!

9. For some classes, there is no efficient way for level 100s to level to 101! Doing phoenix valley solo requires excellent gears, and that is extremely hard to acquire for a level 100. Therefore, FC is really the only efficient way.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i feel like all the people who voted to disable hypers in frost and have a lv restriction are all 100+ have all gotten what they wanted and dont want to compete with anyone eisle. i vote no! keep it back to the way it was so all levels have the same EQUAL chance. you people are so selfish

Oh no. Now I MUST agree or I'll be selfish. [rolls eyes]

Never mind that I have 3 alts in the upper 70s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mistyfied - Sanctuary
    Mistyfied - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    its very easy to get to 85 without the use of FC. easily obtainable in under 1 month of playing. (even easier now with reflection, new quests from mr.jones, BH, oracles, divines, etc.)

I agree with this!
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I read what you said, what I am saying is based on your points, removing FC or nerfing the use of Hyper in there is not even relevant then, Therefor it could just stay the way it used to be.
    I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion from the points I made.

Frost is a great, level-appropriate source of exp if used properly. What so many people are voting against, though, is using it improperly by benefitting from it below its intended level. There is no reason you can't reach Lv75 in a reasonable amount of time without resorting to abusing Frost.

I never said that removing hyper ability from frost before 75-80 isn't relevant. In fact it is entirely relevant, and implying that it's not would therefore imply that nothing would change if it were removed. But clearly that's not the case, given how people are complaining about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    -omg I forgot about reflection x_x Yeah the exp from reflect is like... scary at low level.
    @...Mig or whoever it is that keeps talking about people complaining about Frost making a remove a bad move I don't even.
    People are complaining because then they'd actually have to play the game how it's meant to be played x3 You know, with all the new content that has been being added for low levels for quite a while before now. And actually learning their alt classes to the same extent they learnt their main. (I guess you could sort of name that, but I mean... only having to level one character, and then getting a free-all card for any other characters in a game... that's not normal.)
    I really really do not like FC and could probabily count the amount of times I've been in there on one paw o-o It feels so abnormal because... it's just not how a game is supposed to be played.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pantherlilie - Archosaur
    Pantherlilie - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm a slow leveler by nature and take my time up to about 80+ before doing anything but BH and quests to level. however after 80 its a pain in the *** to level even half way. I say restrict hypers in FC to 80+ that way people actually have to learn to play their class and the higher levels are not ****ed.
  • Mayuml - Heavens Tear
    Mayuml - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think there should be a level restriction, like 80-85+, something like that. People seem to think they are pro just because they were plvled, so stupid. I vote for level restriction.
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Make it 85+. Quest area's will be more populated again, new players can gain experience in working with their class and making new friends easily, resulting in not having to do stuff alone.
    More players all over the map. I miss that.
    When I started playing, I saw people all over the map doing quests and chatting.
    God, what do I miss the old PQ days. It was the most fun I ever had in this game, back in the days.

It's a good attempt to bring back some of the good old times, because people will almost be forced to do their quests, like the old days.
  • NTAVELIS - Raging Tide
    NTAVELIS - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if u askme it shouldbe 80+
  • Jamais - Raging Tide
    Jamais - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i hate fc lvl players but should not be changed now
  • Kargoror - Lost City
    Kargoror - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lvl 85+ restriction
    It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    HYP not working in FC will stop the power lvl BY FC. But people can still bring alt in FC at low lvl it prolly give good exp no matter hyp or not, then at lvl 50-60 they will oracles or w/e hyper mobs outside.

I voted for lvl restricted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No. Hypers should not be disabled.

I see little to no benefits to disable hypers.

1. There is little to no support for mid-game activity. Nation Wars, PvP, TW, Warsong, Lunar, TT, etc etc are all end game 100+ activities. All this will do is make it harder for people to catch up to those who are already 100+.

2. Most classes do not required people to be good at their class to survive PvE. PvE is extremely easy to begin with. While it would be nice to have clerics that can heal properly, the abundance of APS DDs nowadays means that DPH based and low DPS classes such as pure dex archers and wizards can simply auto attack/spam gush/pyrogram and still get away with it.

3. Doing BH and killing mobs do NOT make you better at PvP. This game is largely PvP focused end game. When you are full r9rr +12 and fully jaded, there is nothing challenging about PvE. It is completely unnecessary to spend hours killing mobs when most of the knowledge will be useless end game. You will never need to stunlock a mob to kill it. Mobs do not crit, do not heal, have very limited skills, and most do not even need to be kited.

4. There is nothing wrong with powerleveling. If you suspect someone is powerleveled, do not squad with them. Simple as that. Decent players WILL learn their classes. If not, then they are free kills in TW and good points for NW. So Whats the problem anyway? For example, I power leveled my Assassin from level 7x. However, I have yet to run into anyone who really have a problem with that fact.

5. This DECREASE PWI's PROFITS. One of the main reason for low levels to cashshop nowadays is to buy hyper exp stones! Disabling this completely takes away that reason.

6. This creates a new dead instance. Do we really want more dead instances?

7. This will not in anyway help bring in more players. There is no correlation between the number of people hypering versus the number of people joining the game. If you have 10 people who joined the game today, regardless whether 9 or 0 of them decide to hyper to 100 sometime down their lives, there would still be only 10 people who joined the game today.

8. This would discourage people from leveling alts. There is a fair number of people who enjoy leveling alts through the lower levels, and then hyper them up for the later levels. This in turn would mean that there will be LESS people doing BH for the lower levels! Additionally, this would further result in a Decrease of Profits for PWI. Less people leveling alts means less characters to spend money on, which in turn means less reasons to be cashshopping!

9. There is no efficient way for level 100s to level to 101! Doing phoenix valley solo requires excellent gears, and that is extremely hard to acquire for a level 100. Therefore, FC is really the only efficient way.

This post right here. +1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • wardog662
    wardog662 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i vote no restriction and vote turn hyper back on in fc
  • Jonsu - Dreamweaver
    Jonsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'd say levelrestrict it. Even high levled peeps use FC to level up when they no longer have any PV tokens, or oracles or cba going into delta again or whatever it is..
  • thasirius
    thasirius Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    making it 85+ would be best, more questing ppl = more fun and friends
  • elvenmage13
    elvenmage13 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lvl restriction 85+ It only takes like a week to get there nowadays. People need start doin quest and grinding again and quit qqing cuz u cant get a toon lvl 100 in a week and then they dont know what the hell they r doing.
This discussion has been closed.