Disable hypers in frost, yes, no or LV restricted?

Options

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I like the idea of a Lv. 85 limit to begin hypering in FC. It forces people to learn the game/character (Whichever.... A lot of people make alts to keep the game fresh and still know how to play the game, but knowing the class is different). This is a win for everybody, people new to the game and people who are just making fresh alts.

Why are so many people strongly against Hypers in FC period?

When I was leveling my barbarian, I knew enough of the game by my 70s to keep everyone alive (Or in my power anyway). By my 80s I was a pro at the instances 19-59. BH69 changed that when the bosses started to do the deathly debuffs, but shortly after realized what was going on I was able to inform clerics and others about this.

At that time I realized the purpose of having so many BHs....

* Mucsle memory, doing the same thing over and over again makes you 1000x better at doing it.

* Progress, the BH bosses and mobs were slowly becoming more tricky and the instances threw you a curve ball each time you stepped up to the next BH.

* Fun.... How boring would the game be if you could blow through the levels and gear in a matter of weeks...?

So my point is, FC teaches you something very, entirely, different from the BHs. FC teaches you the uses of having different classes work together for specific reasons. FC teaches you about speed (Hypering the boss and quickly moving on to hypering the pull).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

So my point is, FC teaches you something very, entirely, different from the BHs. FC teaches you the uses of having different classes work together for specific reasons. FC teaches you about speed (Hypering the boss and quickly moving on to hypering the pull).

That classes working together thing did happen on my server when l leveled.
    By the time l was leveling my second toon, fc became something that everyone thought they NEEDED a seeker for. No one could get a seeker that isn't a friend for full fc when half of the people that rolled sins sell fc rooms and give seekers free spots. b:laugh
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • KenNoHime - Lost City
    KenNoHime - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It's simple. Ppl WANT frost but the lowbies (or the ones called so) have rarely any ambition to work for the XP they want. So ok I say either close Frost for good, cause that would really solve the Problem of ppl who don't know how to play their classes since they only bought Bigrooms, or make it like PV.

Make frost so that only certain lvlranges can enter. Like 80-90 90-98 and 99-105 or such.Meaning a 98 could not enter a frost made on 99-105 mode and the other way around. This way ppl would have to actually PLAY their charackters again instead of just drilling them to 100 by buying frost.
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The first sever words out of his mouth ... keyboard were, "I KNOW HOW TO PLAY MY TOON!" And he believed it. And why shouldn't he? By skipping a lot of the game, he concentrated on the things that he knew to do. How could he know there was more, without having been in a situation to see the need or the method?

l don't get why so many people are missing the point of fc existing.

That guy who claims that he knows how to play his toon is right -simple as that.

To what degree he is right depends on the personal objective of the game. To some people, the main objective of the game is to get from level 1-100 or being endgame. Fc just so happens to be the path of least resistance.

Some of the people who skip most of the other parts in the game Don't want to know that there is more. Everything is based on a linear progression anyways.
    The tw faction that wins is based on amount of land
    Pk ability is based on kill count
    Damage is based on the total amount of numbers that pop up every second.

Fc may have caused this mentality to be predominate by making the path to endgame so easy that everything else seems pointless in comparison - then again l dont' feel like hearing another chicken and egg argument.
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ask yourself,
    What is the point of an MMORPG?
    Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game

In an mmorpg you're meant to roleplay as a fictional character of your own creation. This doesn't necessarily mean creating a persona or something but it does mean having a role.

Tanking, healing, dealing damage, being a control class.

You're meant to interact with people and enjoy the process of leveling with your friends and to feel a sense of accomplishment as your equipment and power improve.

As these things improve, dungeon difficulty increases and you experience new places and content you hadn't before.

Or...
    You know, you could "WTB Frost!" for 5 hours a day for like 1 week, if that; get to 101, CS some gear to get on equal field with top tier people then spend your time west gate or something waiting for lowbies to 1 shot.

Personally though, if I just wanted to compete with people on an equal field I'd have saved my money and played LoL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    l don't think the people who created a giant (and very expensive) 3D world that has an option to be free to play meant for anyone to do anything in particular. You're thinking of the common rpg, where no one can get lost at some corner of the map and not have other people wonder where they were doing.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    l don't think the people who created a giant (and very expensive) 3D world that has an option to be free to play meant for anyone to do anything in particular. You're thinking of the common rpg, where no one can get lost at some corner of the map and not have other people wonder where they were doing.

You must be right, the people who spent literally years designing this world probably intended the vast majority of their work to be completely bipassed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    l don't get why so many people are missing the point of fc existing.

That guy who claims that he knows how to play his toon is right -simple as that.

To what degree he is right depends on the personal objective of the game. To some people, the main objective of the game is to get from level 1-100 or being endgame. Fc just so happens to be the path of least resistance.

Some of the people who skip most of the other parts in the game Don't want to know that there is more. Everything is based on a linear progression anyways.
    The tw faction that wins is based on amount of land
    Pk ability is based on kill count
    Damage is based on the total amount of numbers that pop up every second.

Fc may have caused this mentality to be predominate by making the path to endgame so easy that everything else seems pointless in comparison - then again l dont' feel like hearing another chicken and egg argument.

lol now i know your kidding when you say pk abillity is based on kill count.
    so this stinking red pker who pk lv30 knows what to do after running after low lv
    or archer r9+ 1 shooting lesser geared player.

maybe you should listen to knivraven when he tell you a white name have in most cases more experience then a stinking red sin who get hi pk count from lowlies.

pk count really
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lol now i know your kidding when you say pk abillity is based on kill count.

l am kidding. Does this inply there may be people that dont' get scarscism? b:laugh
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    maybe you should listen to knivraven when he tell you a white name have in most cases more experience then a stinking red sin who get hi pk count from lowlies.

ahh... wait.

Where did Knivraven say that? Sorry, l wasn't here for the last few pages. b:sleep

l like the huge game world cus it offers a mass amount of content. Fc as a leveling instance wasnt' supposed to have been there from the beginning. Take it from a player that was here since the lv cap was 80... leveling was Really grindy. b:lipcurl
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I said it on another thread over two weeks ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    make a thread about it lol

tell the player how useless pk count really is
  • kingmaster76
    kingmaster76 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think no lvl range because every People must think what they do is no fair if it make a lvl range some People know how i Play a class and some not and why fc Change i think no lvl range is fine or lvl 60+ is ok
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ahh... wait.

Where did Knivraven say that? Sorry, l wasn't here for the last few pages. b:sleep

l like the huge game world cus it offers a mass amount of content. Fc as a leveling instance wasnt' supposed to have been there from the beginning. Take it from a player that was here since the lv cap was 80... leveling was Really grindy. b:lipcurl

i was there in lost city from 1st week and 1st months of harsland always pvp wish have more to give then a pve server with the security as to when.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think no lvl range because every People must think what they do is no fair if it make a lvl range some People know how i Play a class and some not and why fc Change i think no lvl range is fine or lvl 60+ is ok

try lv from 1st week on a pvp server and you know the difference

was in lost city server seince 1st week

and was on harsland also pvp server 1st month it got online
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How about remove the T3 weapons from Warsong because I already have full T3 and i dont need. Is same thing as lvl 100+ players vote for FC.....If they dont need anymore they sure vote for yes. I vote to remove T3 weapons and i vote to in Warsong stop people from making mobless run and bosses be imun to dmg if they dont kill all pavilion. How about that, fair enough? Just because you people dont need FC anymore after lvling 40 characters, dont mean that other dont need either.
    I vote for NO WAY or LVL 85+ the best choice.

didn't need it to begin with. i been here since the gates opened and i never did a single ff run. not even questline. been playin without hypers since 95.

play the game.

See signature below.
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I don't think we should change the gameplay due to what people post on the forums.
    What about the other thousands that play?
    At least make a gm announcement in game letting them know about a poll.
    We can't decide how they want to play the game.

You guys complain about people cash shopping and buying heads to level up, but you can't forget those cash shoppers are keeping our game alive.

i mean they kind of kill it with that OP gear but hey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I don't think we should change the gameplay due to what people post on the forums.
    What about the other thousands that play?
    At least make a gm announcement in game letting them know about a poll.
    We can't decide how they want to play the game.

You guys complain about people cash shopping and buying heads to level up, but you can't forget those cash shoppers are keeping our game alive.

i mean they kind of kill it with that OP gear but hey.

The poll is a stupid way to make the decision i've said it before and ill say it again.

This poll however gives you like 90% in the area of having it back or having it back with a restriction.

Dont think the online population will change it by far.
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • LuciusVorenu - Lost City
    LuciusVorenu - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This poll however gives you like 90% in the area of having it back or having it back with a restriction.

The poll has nothing to do with getting/not getting frost back with/without a restriction. V4l posted days ago as an edit to his post that hypers in frost will most likely be available again after the next maintenance. He also posted that having a level restriction would need to be futher dicussed over a longer period of time.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    soooooo am i the only 1? lol cause i actually like it this way, ive been seeing more people doing quests, doing BH, people get a time to help each other.
    when the FC was still exists, nobody is doing quest, they jsut sit there at snowy village and buy xp spot or room which is kind of lame, cause you dont get that excitement of getting 2% of xp each time you get te quest done, or the feeling of losing 0,5xp each time you die and go back to city.

my opinion is to keep it this way, we still have alternative for leveling fast such as PV, or zhen, or BH.
    this game is much better without FC room, i did a quest to kill aprox 90 mobs, formed a squad, did it together with other people nearby, i got that excitement of killing those mobs, the more important thing is i had fun.

so yeah, this is my opinion about the game now, what about yours? b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Shadowswifey - Archosaur
    Shadowswifey - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wow, and a minute after I asked v4liance to do this.

Well then, allow me to cast the first vote for "Level Restricted." do.o

i agree and a week maybe was enough to give a few the way to play the game why not just allow hypers for 80 85 plus? let the lil guys learn and earn the how to play of the game was so nice seeing upper lvls helping smaller ones giving advise not selling it and noone got head this week so stds were cut down as well world chat was nicer and quieter with just more chatter not heads for x amount of coin i will miss this no hyper fc pwi
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    make a thread about it lol

tell the player how useless pk count really is

l am kidding. Does this inply there may be people that dont' get scarscism? b:laugh

We Know how pointless pk count is. lf most of the players didn't know, there would be more qq every time that page didnt' update b:bye
  • Gralkon - Archosaur
    Gralkon - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    To everyone saying restrict it to 85+ I am sort of against that level to be restricted. Personally I think the level range that should be allowed to use hypers would be 78-98. The reason for this is that this is +/- 10 levels of all of the mobs in FC. A squad that is 78-88 has a decent chance of completing a FC run. I also say to take it a step farther and lock the instance to that level range. This will ensure that the instance is ran the way it was intended, instead of 100+ soloing and selling heads room. Yes this will hurt all the people who made sins just to solo fc, but it will make for better players who know their class in the long run.
  • Attempted - Harshlands
    Attempted - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restricted 85+!

Lol who knows how the game would turn out b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Look here, we all in
    Everyone is a target
    Teetering on insanity, reasonin' with the heartless
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    To everyone saying restrict it to 85+ I am sort of against that level to be restricted. Personally I think the level range that should be allowed to use hypers would be 78-98. The reason for this is that this is +/- 10 levels of all of the mobs in FC. A squad that is 78-88 has a decent chance of completing a FC run. I also say to take it a step farther and lock the instance to that level range. This will ensure that the instance is ran the way it was intended, instead of 100+ soloing and selling heads room. Yes this will hurt all the people who made sins just to solo fc, but it will make for better players who know their class in the long run.

FC quests start at lvl 75.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    In terms of actually being able to do it, I ran a full one with all people in the 70s (with the exception of bringing in my wiz to open/start bubble boss timer/heads)

If you have competent people, tt70 with basic refines and shards should be sufficient.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level Restricted For the win.

No, For real, this week was one of the most memorable on WC in Lost city hehehe :3

People did Bh's, the low level ones and saw a lot of people questing out there too :3

Please restrict it, so new players can have an idea of what the game is meant to be :3

b:chuckle
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level Restricted For the win.

No, For real, this week was one of the most memorable on WC in Lost city hehehe :3

People did Bh's, the low level ones and saw a lot of people questing out there too :3

Please restrict it, so new players can have an idea of what the game is meant to be :3

b:chuckle

THIS b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annipoca - Lothranis
    Annipoca - Lothranis Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well, imo, should be restricted. Although, what about those alts that we create just for buffs? Why do we have to do loads and loads of quests when we just wanna raise them so we dont have to world chat for a simple buff that we can give ourselves? b:surrender

So.. I said no. If lowbies wanna be plevel and suck at their class, let them be. b:chuckle

FC was good till now and we all know that is the only way for some people make money despite NW. b:surrender

So.. No LV restrict and hypers in FC again for all the reasons i said before b:cute
This discussion has been closed.