Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Options

Comments

• Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    not random - i said it ! and yea, you are a n00b (if u actually know what that word means) b:bye

now stop qqing and next time read the patch notes

Im sorry random person, but do i look like i care what you think?
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No one's getting full 2nd cast vana in one night of NW so quit it with that

thats right in 2 hours you only get all the cannys for all 6 pieces of armor, ONLY, then come the lovely TTs or lunars

youre really seeing no problem in something taking 2 hours when it use to take 200

no problem when the prices of items change by 30times less overnight?
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    resnov098 wrote: »
    pwi. please take your sirens of war back to where ever they came from.

sincerely: pve players who dont NW therefore cannot get the juicy atrribute this expansion brings.

Thank you. b:kiss

all you need is a cheap canny and cheap rapture - u dont need to NW to get those, do u?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Generally people are angry because the time it took for them to farm something was for months e.g. a weapon, took me several weeks to merch/farm my g15/g16 dagger, now people can obtain g15 version in 1 day 100x cheaper and paying a nominal fee for manufacturing, get g16 for just under 50m if you count in lunar/tt weapons required to make it + manuf. fee, the pricing of these items has gone down the hill too dramatically, hence creating a big uprising of people who had to work their ***** off to obtain them and now "casual" gamers with LIFE if your words (@ MANray), can get one of the top end game gear basically without breaking a sweat, if you want everything handed on a silver platter, I`d suggest going to a private server, but it would be futile at this point since PWI has made their servers into those!
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited November 2012
    Options
    all you need is a cheap canny and cheap rapture - u dont need to NW to get those, do u?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1522961
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No one's getting full 2nd cast vana in one night of NW so quit it with that. You still have to level. You still need TTgold or Lunar. For endgame players those may be negligible costs but apparently you're not much on touch with the leveling curve if you think it's that easy, it will still take months for most of us. Except it will be fun to do so through NW instead of slowly farming our way to buy the stuff (cause they wouldn't let us in to farm our gears unless we already had them, right? link wep?). What's short sighted and ignorant is disregarding what this means to people other than the elite who don't actually need the stuff but it's only farming it for profit.

No? Maybe not the brand new players or the ones well under lvl 100. But most players have at least TT99 already, average token gain on Loth was around 200 tokens, that's 1000 Uncanny. 250 Uncanny per 2nd cast piece, that's 4 pieces of 2nd cast Nirvana. That's the full set for most people as they already have another helm that they use as well as another cape.

You're attacking me like I'm saying nobody deserves anything which is completely inaccurate. All I'm pushing for is a fix to the current issue (including a roll back to fix the damage already done). I've said on multiple occasions that having these things available from Nation Wars is a good thing as it gives people a choice where to get their drops. My issue isn't that people can now get stuff, it's the sheer quantity that they can get these drops in with relatively little to no effort. I have no illusions of being mega OP or special or anything. I'm one of the few people who was willing to take the low APS and under geared people on my server (assuming they had half a brain) to both Nirvana and TT to help them get geared up.

I'm all for helping people, but it's wrong to do what's being done currently. It's almost as if PW is handing these people a free pass as soon as they log on assuming they can make it to Nation Wars. There's an old proverb: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a life time.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I am sad to tell that at least at my server low lvl people do not go into TT by themselves. They do not want to WORK for their gear. Even if they wanted to there is no enough other lowbies to help them out from the trouble so they need to rely on OP lvl 100+ people who will do the farming work for them.

It is nearly impossible to form a "normal" squad for low TTs such as 1-1 and 1-2 unless you are lucky and got a faction who can do it within suitable level range and drops being split to players equally.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1522961

Key word: need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • resnov098
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • resnov098
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It explains everything i try to say.

kthnxbai <3
  • ioana5123
    ioana5123 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    First of all hi.
    i have a question for GMs: is this really permanent(cannies,raps bought with 1 NW token ) or a bugg in the system? i mean on china server u buy this with more then 1 token(50+ if i remember right) and with extra money ,that way nirvana isn't that afected,almost dead. i would really like an answear. This was a big change, literally over night that shocked most of us.b:shutup
  • Tehee - Dreamweaver
    Tehee - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've gotta say, I'm slightly worried about this as well. It is a huge slap in the face to the farmers and the people that take pride in their work. A friend and I decided we wanted to farm out a warsoul weapon, then Nation Wars came and after one session of Nation Wars, we are halfway there.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    After the 1st event most of the ppl who has PARTICIPATED are happy.
    Game is now too centered on 4 hours of a whole week. I dont think thats a good thing.

Also amounts of nirvana crystals acquired in 2 hours is a bit too high.

And my 2 cents of the fight between the ragers and lovers of the event is:
    PWI should have made a fee for the nirvana crystals, 10k is not a fee lol.
    Something in the range the lovers and ragers are happy with, but no.........
    I bet they dont even know what raptures and uncanny's are b:surrender

Overall i like the rewards but after one hour and a half of battling i was pretty tired and bored.
    And i was like is it time yet b:sad
  • ane111
    ane111 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've played this game for almost 4 years, never once posted on the forums. This change will make me leave and Guild Wr two will be my new home (I'm Kysura on there if anyone wants to find me). PWI was a great game which made me feel good about what I had accomplished. Now I feel like everything I worked for is worthless. I used to be very proud of my GR16 axes.. now meh. If they do a server reroll or find a way to fix this, I'll come back. Otherwise, I'm going to gamestop and picking up a copy of Guild Wr two for my son so he can play with me. For everyone who is now going to get GR16 cheap, congrats and enjoy.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The difference defense-wise between r9 3rd recast and Nirvana 3rd recast is not too terribly big. It's the offense difference that is the problem because of the 100 extra stat points and like...what...20-30 extra atk levels? Yet again, it's kind of like the difference between r8 and r9 all over again except that someone in Nirv 3rd cast can probably survive better against a 3rd cast r9 than someone in the typical r8+tt99 setup could against a r9.

tbh, I'd rather they add in the 1-5 star orbs they left out in this version than taking anything out so people could also refine their gear some. They'll still make a killing off of people buying chienkuns, r9, packs for shards, charms, and just plain being impatient while further helping the farmers/casuals gear up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It explains everything i try to say.

kthnxbai <3

The fact that the rewards are tradeable explains everything I want to say.

Prices are currently being kept high by people frantically buying raps/cannies to recast their R9. They have a huge demand and usually quite deep wallets as well. After that demand is met, token value will crash into the ground.

kthxbye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ioana5123
    edited November 2012
    Options
    imagine for cash shopers.i think they fainted when they saw
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't see any signs of this being unintended, but it might be something that PWE will regret and change.

So... who knows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • resnov098
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The fact that the rewards are tradeable explains everything I want to say.

---->Prices are currently being kept high<---- by people frantically buying raps/cannies to recast their R9. They have a huge demand and usually quite deep wallets as well. After that demand is met, token value will crash into the ground.

kthxbye.

Sheswes just said that cannies and raps can be obtained at a cheaper price. and i dont know in HT. but Dreamweaver. cannies and raps are ridiculously low.

Take into account that the game is divided up in servers. Each with different ways of working around things.. Just ponder that.

kthnxbai<3
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok, so I have been playing this game since it launched in 2008. Since Tideborn everything has gone downhill, but i still kept playing, i was never the best geared player, but I was ok with it. NOW. NOW, that i work my *** of for 3 WHOLE MONTHS, Griding, Merching for 250 cannies and 150 raps, Perfect Wold decides to take that all away, and say, they're not worth anything. Just like that. Over night.. Are you ****ing serious? This is by far the stupidest thing they have EVER, EVER, i mean EVER done.
    Now i loose all my assets, i loose about 200mil in money that I would have had. Just when things were going up hill, i wake up and realized I've been ****ed in the *** again while i was sleeping. If this isn't reversed next maintenance I will quit the game.

All this work of getting my gear for what???
    I don't usually EVER get this worked up about a damn game, but this just pisses me off.

:surrender:
    [SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've gotta say, I'm slightly worried about this as well. It is a huge slap in the face to the farmers and the people that take pride in their work. A friend and I decided we wanted to farm out a warsoul weapon, then Nation Wars came and after one session of Nation Wars, we are halfway there.

I have been playing this game since it launched in 2008. Since Tideborn everything has gone downhill, but i still kept playing, i was never the best geared player, but I was ok with it. NOW. NOW, that i work my *** of for 3 WHOLE MONTHS, Griding, Merching for 250 cannies and 150 raps, Perfect Wold decides to take that all away, and say, they're not worth anything. Just like that. Over night.. Are you ****ing serious? This is by far the stupidest thing they have EVER, EVER, i mean EVER done.
    Now i loose all my assets, i loose about 200mil in money that I would have had. Just when things were going up hill, i wake up and realized I've been ****ed in the *** again while i was sleeping. If this isn't reversed next maintenance I will quit the game.

All this work of getting my gear for what???
    I don't usually EVER get this worked up about a damn game, but this just pisses me off.

:surrender:
    [SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
  • ioana5123
    edited November 2012
    Options
    or maybe there are getting ready for new armour upsate like r10 or smt. or new farm cave.i still have hopes thigs wont remain like this for longb:sad
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    To tell the truth the amount of upgrade steps you had to do was getting out of hand.
    It used to be that you farmed TT for a few runs and bam you have your gear.

After that they kept adding more and more layers of upgrades, all of which required you to first put in the effort of farming all the previous levels. The amount of work to get the next level of gear just kept doubling and doubling which is really off-putting to a lot of people. There were a lot of people who got fed up and were only signing in on the weekends for TW. Now even those people can work on progression.

This expansion is basically a big reset to the amount of work to bring it more in-line with what some of the more casual players are willing to do. It is a reply to some of the popular private servers out there that appeal to the casuals.

I agree Nirvana is dead but when one door closes another opens. Where are the people going for G16 NV going to get their Essence of Defense / Offense? Where are the people getting cube necks going to get their Rotating Cogs of Fate? Nirvana was being too dominant and now some of these other instances will get more traffic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • resnov098
    edited November 2012
    Options
    According to the poll. most people are unhappy. the ones quitting + the ones still playing unhappily.

too bad GMs completely cease to exist during the weekends lol
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ane111 wrote: »
    I've played this game for almost 4 years, never once posted on the forums. This change will make me leave and Guild Wr two will be my new home (I'm Kysura on there if anyone wants to find me). PWI was a great game which made me feel good about what I had accomplished. Now I feel like everything I worked for is worthless. I used to be very proud of my GR16 axes.. now meh. If they do a server reroll or find a way to fix this, I'll come back. Otherwise, I'm going to gamestop and picking up a copy of Guild Wr two for my son so he can play with me. For everyone who is now going to get GR16 cheap, congrats and enjoy.

I heard great things about that game... Planning to get it myself too... Let me know how you like it if you will... Since it's kinda expensive to just gamble on it...

I'm also trying out a few MMO's at this moment... Grand Fantasia just wasn't it... Vindictus doesn't allow Europeans on their US server... But Lord of the Rings Online is surprisingly addicting right now (though their character customization kinda sucks)... I'm not leaving this PW ship yet since there are plenty of lifeboats when it does sink eventually... It's still fun to log in once a week and show of your pretty characters and do an instance with friends... But for playing I definitely moved to LotRO for now... Sure VIP members who pay monthly have extra stuff... But Free players also get all the basics they need to enjoy the game... Just somewhat less luxery... And both sides respect eachother as well... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sheswes just said that cannies and raps can be obtained at a cheaper price. and i dont know in HT. but Dreamweaver. cannies and raps are ridiculously low.

Take into account that the game is divided up in servers. Each with different ways of working around things.. Just ponder that.

kthnxbai<3

Raptures were bought for like 400k when I logged off earlier today, which really is not the value of a token that can be obtained by the hundreds twice a week.

It has hit most people entirely from the dark and things are still in a state of chaos. Once things settle down, you will find that the rewards are a lot less ''juicy'' no matter which server you play on.

kthxbye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    EVEN if they took raptures out of the forges, then they would still be worthless. Why the heck would anyone want a nirvana third cast weapon when you can farm a warsoul and upgrade it?

The only thing raptures are good for is recasting rank 9 and the amount we get is about right considering that we still have to farm a very many nation wars to get our tomes,hats,rings, and capes upgraded.

This should just shift the value of stuff, the new farming instance should be lunar and the tt items to make lunar gear to be turned into the nirvana 3 gear that the average person might settle for. Also we will be farming warsoul for defense badges. Also you can always return to fc if you are not 105 yet...or sell it for coins.

People will still do nirvana at some point once they get 99 keys or if they decide to do it for fun. Not going to miss farming gear that felt like work. It was not fun, Very glad that erra of pwi is over.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Moving this to the thread already created about nations wars in general. Guys please keep your discussion in one thread so that the other effects of the expansion can be seen and discussed as well. b:thanks

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Im very happy with the new expansion aswell!
    Seems like the heavy pay to win era is over!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    how is this bad for PWI?

charm sales through the roof

chienkun sales through the roof

current endgame gear more accessable to more casual players

r9s3 - will cause chienkun sales/most of the people interested in r9 have already gotten it, refined it and sharded it, so this forces money who have already dumped a ton of money into the game to dump more in to "win"

the only bad side is that the new chief coin farming instance is only open 4 hours a week. nirvana sucked, it was boring, and repetitive, and im glad its dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]