Things you don't want to hear your squadmates say

Comments

• D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur
    D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    happened today (on sin) someone fails a pull at glut so barb agros all his minions and dies
    cleric-im not healing you with all them mobs (or words to that effect) -.-' its a barbs job to agro everything in the way
    had to get some r9 archer to come kill zimo (our 1st cleric left and so did there replacment forgot what happened to 1st cleric think they had to go for breakfast or something)
    :b (my version)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most venos in my squads dont use myriad rainbow - effect is familiar.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most venos in my squads dont use myriad rainbow - effect is familiar.

I usually use that on my veno after amp, spark and APS combo with windshield, e.e I nosebleed when I see the DPS b:laugh

Oh yeah, I have no idea what people say because most of the time I just faceroll on my keyboard and win anyway. People don't even really care if I completely stay quiet and own the instance =)
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How do you tell apart armour break from other phy debuff of devour, cleric, gs? The symbol looks the same. When going 5 aps, hard to tell the dd difference other than "wow hp dropped quickly".

STA is useful, especially in delta, and sage version more so, but it is so easy to overwrite it. Deicides will do it automatically or a sage rib striking sin if they exist b:shutup. As long as there is a hp debuff i am happy.

I was thinking other archer overwriting it. Without a Deicide-wielding toon in squad, I normally STA all the things.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sin:"Other sin use Sub pls"

I have to admit that im not sure whats better damage:
    Better geared sin using d. spark + Sub from a second OR
    Both sins using demon spark.

But i usually use EP to debuff because i love demon sparking, i can cast it pretty often AND i did hardly lvl sub so it is below 20 % still. Maybe that makes me fail, but i dont have the money to lvl it to 10 yet. And after all my sin is only an alt. So i usually say "Im debuffing with genie" and they are fine with it.

And i "love" having venos in squad that want to make the big pulls in fc with their herc ....
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    And i "love" having venos in squad that want to make the big pulls in fc with their herc ....

Ever had a veno actually pull in fox form? It's effective if they know what they're doing. (Anyone's effective if they know what they're doing, but meh.)

Beside the point. *stands next to it, or maybe even a little bit behind it*
    I feel sad when I hear: "I've never had [whatever class you are] do that!"

Especially when it's something simple, like passing chi on a veno, stacking IH, purifying with sage BOL, pulling big room on a barb and using Beastial Rage to keep full sparks and actually hold aggro. b:surrender

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012

But i usually use EP to debuff because i love demon sparking, i can cast it pretty often AND i did hardly lvl sub so it is below 20 % still. Maybe that makes me fail, but i dont have the money to lvl it to 10 yet. And after all my sin is only an alt. So i usually say "Im debuffing with genie" and they are fine with it.

Subsea is generally better than EP as it's a higher debuff and doesn't take THAT long to cast. Especially if the other person combines it with PD+wolf emblem while you subsea and then you two switch. I actually do wish more sins used their skills and had them leveled. There are of course other things more important than subsea though and EP is more than fine until you level it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ever had a veno actually pull in fox form? It's effective if they know what they're doing. (Anyone's effective if they know what they're doing, but meh.)

b:avoid I've pulled the short physical mob hall in fc before, simply because I wanted to try. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    edited November 2012
    Subsea is generally better than EP as it's a higher debuff and doesn't take THAT long to cast. Especially if the other person combines it with PD+wolf emblem while you subsea and then you two switch. I actually do wish more sins used their skills and had them leveled. There are of course other things more important than subsea though and EP is more than fine until you level it.

thank you, i really wasnt sure about the damage difference b:pleased I usually use EP when i see a sin (or other main dds) sparking, sometimes sub in combo with hf and amp due to the longer debuff-time
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    b:avoid I've pulled the short physical mob hall in fc before, simply because I wanted to try. b:victory

Same! Nearly died several times, but it was so deliciously fun.

• FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, we have!

Drunken clerics always make the run...interesting.
    b:chuckle

Drunken TT is where it's at. b:cool
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Drunken TT is where it's at. b:cool

All cleric, all a bit tipsy or worse. b:cute

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You DO realize as a sin you can demon spark and than subsea right after it right?
    You have a skill that gives you 2 sparks b:bye
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited November 2012
    You DO realize as a sin you can demon spark and than subsea right after it right?
    You have a skill that gives you 2 sparks b:bye

Heh, I didn't catch that. But yeah you should be using both subsea AND demon spark. It isn't a one or the other kind of thing. And subsea is better than EP. The two main chi skills that you can use to build chi are inner harmony and rising dragon strike. You can also use tackling slash but that is more situation based and useful earlier on.

Combo should be something like this

Sin 1:
    Wolf Emblem > Spark >harmony > pd--> auto attack

Sin 2:

Wolf emblem >spark >harmony>subsea+tangling mire if you have it.

The increase in damage will make up for the couple seconds lost casting the skills. You two should switch on the next round. If BM times his HF with subsea or the other way around most things will die very quickly.

IF the BM times HF with the spark instead, than ignore powerdash and subsea and just autoattack during the HF. You'll be doing more damage with HF than subsea. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    edited November 2012
    Heh, I didn't catch that. But yeah you should be using both subsea AND demon spark. It isn't a one or the other kind of thing. And subsea is better than EP. The two main chi skills that you can use to build chi are inner harmony and rising dragon strike. You can also use tackling slash but that is more situation based and useful earlier on.

IF the BM times HF with the spark instead, than ignore powerdash and subsea and just autoattack during the HF. You'll be doing more damage with HF than subsea. :P

yeah usually it is like that :P I know i can use both, Inner harmony + that other chi skill have a cooldown so i cannot do this always with demon spark. I tried some things depending the timing already. I noticed that with HF+EP im doing about 10k damage at "?" Boss, while before i did 2-5k per hit and that creepes me out>>

Of course if InHa and Ris. DS are ready i use both.

Switching the roles only makes sense if our damage is nearly the same, but he had a +6 weapon while mine is +3 and his damage was higher than mine at all:T
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah usually it is like that :P I know i can use both, Inner harmony + that other chi skill have a cooldown so i cannot do this always with demon spark. I tried some things depending the timing already. I noticed that with HF+EP im doing about 10k damage at "?" Boss, while before i did 2-5k per hit and that creepes me out>>

Switching the roles only makes sense if our damage is nearly the same, but he had a +6 weapon while mine is +3 and his damage was higher than mine at all:T

Weapon refine doesn't matter much in a lvl 100+ squad. It is about debuffing and dding your max when debuffs are on. Expecting one or two classes to do their debuffs while the rest just spark and dd is no fun. If everyone times their debuffs and skills, you don't need high refine squads to kill things quickly. High refines help in allowing timing to be bad. High refines + good timing = very fast kills.

All warsong bosses when we do full warsong die in 4~6 seconds. Sin does subsea, powerdash, spark, bms have hf, gs timed, veno has amp, barb is there to look pretty. We have a cleric for safety reasons. There are some other people i run with, they are more OP, +11~+12 weapons all around, and they kill slightly slower because no one times things.

When you solo things, go nuts with EP, i use mire all the time when i solo things. When i am in a squad, i hf, gs and mss even at the cost of my own spark, because squad work is not one person play for me. It's about having fun with others. If i wanted to solo those bosses i would log my alts and solo them in the same time.
    edited November 2012

Doesn't really matter if he's +10, subsea doesn't take long and will increase everyone's damage. Well beyond what he could do without it. The second round yours will be on cooldown so he should use it. What won't be on CD will be your powerdash/wolf emblem. Which is why you should be using yours at that time. As Jaabq mentioned when everyone's debuffs are well coordinated and active all at once things die faster than what one person could do on their own. This is where team work comes in handy.

Weapon refine doesn't matter much in a lvl 100+ squad. It is about debuffing and dding your max when debuffs are on. Expecting one or two classes to do their debuffs while the rest just spark and dd is no fun. If everyone times their debuffs and skills, you don't need high refine squads to kill things quickly. High refines help in allowing timing to be bad. High refines + good timing = very fast kills.

All warsong bosses when we do full warsong die in 4~6 seconds. Sin does subsea, powerdash, spark, bms have hf, gs timed, veno has amp, barb is there to look pretty. We have a cleric for safety reasons. There are some other people i run with, they are more OP, +11~+12 weapons all around, and they kill slightly slower because no one times things.

When you solo things, go nuts with EP, i use mire all the time when i solo things. When i am in a squad, i hf, gs and mss even at the cost of my own spark, because squad work is not one person play for me. It's about having fun with others. If i wanted to solo those bosses i would log my alts and solo them in the same time.

Barb should be using devour, especially if no armor break procs from veno. It also does a 50% debuff but reduces attack of boss too. IIIRC -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Venus, you are correct. I use demon devour always when no demon venos or myriading venos around. See the skill description here:

○Devour
    Available in tiger form
    Range Melee
    Mana 120.0
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 6.0 seconds
    Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer, Unarmed

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Void
    Snap at the opponent, dealing base physical damage plus 3317.0.
    Reduces enemy's physical defense by 50% for 15 seconds,
    and increases your threat level.
    Reduce target's attack level by 15 for 4 seconds.

Requires 35 Chi

Demon version increases physical defense reduction to 15 seconds.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
    edited November 2012

First you say refine doesn't matter, and than you say barb shouldn't tank in warsong.
    If it's not the barb, it means it's the sin. How many sins do you know that can take a hit from a Vile Warsong boss? Those guys go up to 10k easely
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    First you say refine doesn't matter, and than you say barb shouldn't tank in warsong.
    If it's not the barb, it means it's the sin. How many sins do you know that can take a hit from a Vile Warsong boss? Those guys go up to 10k easely

Barb takes the first 1~3 hits under invoke b:chuckle. By that time everyone has sparked and piled on the debuffs and the boss dies really quickly after that. If we don't have a barb, either my friend goes in, or i go in first. Which ever bm goes in first that bm does not do hf. The bp returns and bb are enough to keep anyone alive.

The sins are sage usually, so they take less damage if they ever manage to sniff agro. BM with +10~+11 g16 will keep agro nicely for themselves. Even if they are demon ones in the mix, doesn't matter much, agro ping pong makes sure no one takes a beating. You don't need 10k hp, maybe for a sin, but we don't let sins tank, they are too low on dd with g15+10 b:pleased at 5aps, they either need 6 aps or get higher refines b:chuckle.

VenusArmani - barb does use devour if for some reason gs runs out before boss is dead and veno hasn't broken armour. GS does the same as devour for same duration, just not spammable, so we keep it as backup. Sometimes i skip gs and simply spark and kill and use my genie debuffs which add up, depending on chi costs. Every squad learns to adapt things. We do warsong with a lvl 93 barb usually(a friend, first character).
  • KitKatAngel - Archosaur
    KitKatAngel - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Long story of a Gate of Delirium fail run...

Our squad consists of :
    Lvl 47 cleric (me)
    Lvl 39 cleric (rion)
    Lvl 61 archer (angi)
    Lvl 41 barb (tiggy)

The reason we had such a low lvl cleric for this dungeon was so we could...train him as such and put less pressure on myself. Plus he refused to leave us alone anyway. So rion is supposed to be healing tiggy and myself healing angi. Rion keeps spam healing and taking aggro away from the mobs. I told him to stop spam healing and he stops. So we encounter a few mobs and tiggy dies. Rion was supposed to heal me so i could keep healing angi until it was safe to res tiggy. BUT NO! rion decides to run out of the dungeon leaving the rest of us to die. b:angry
    b:cute Sweet dreams and unicorns make life worth living b:cute
    edited November 2012

Our squad consists of :
    Lvl 47 cleric (me)
    Lvl 39 cleric (rion)
    Lvl 61 archer (angi)
    Lvl 41 barb (tiggy)

The reason we had such a low lvl cleric for this dungeon was so we could...train him as such and put less pressure on myself. Plus he refused to leave us alone anyway. So rion is supposed to be healing tiggy and myself healing angi. Rion keeps spam healing and taking aggro away from the mobs. I told him to stop spam healing and he stops. So we encounter a few mobs and tiggy dies. Rion was supposed to heal me so i could keep healing angi until it was safe to res tiggy. BUT NO! rion decides to run out of the dungeon leaving the rest of us to die. b:angry

Well you told him to stop healing, instead of explain when he should and not should heal.
    And why the hell does an archer and barb need a personal healer in 39? Just get 1 healer and 1 DD/backup healer if you have 2 clerics
  • _Truffle_ - Dreamweaver
    _Truffle_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Our squad consists of :
    Lvl 47 cleric (me)
    Lvl 39 cleric (rion)
    Lvl 61 archer (angi)
    Lvl 41 barb (tiggy)

Poor explanation of what to do is why I hate squads. And then getting pissed off at the person for their poor performance because of the bad explanation.
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ah here is one when im on my lvl 101 cleric.
    hate when people say "BB" every 5 sec in BH RB b:laugh

and no one is dieing they just keep complaining there is no bb like dude shut up your hp ain't even flinching.

damn rights I'm that good b:victory
    some times have to keep em all healed and living till boss cause of there lack of dd cause there typing at me to BB..

kind of feel like typing out DD DD DD when they say BB lmao!
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    or here is one thing I hate hearing in BH Abaddon (leafraid dyraid) and SOT (Lord of Captivation) bosses
    you invite a myst and have to ask them if they can heal.
    and they say they cant.

I did it multiple times on my lvl 90 mystic cause I get sick of lf cleric some days :p

but do it just fine and squads always say they need bb pfft
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    or here is one thing I hate hearing in BH Abaddon (leafraid dyraid) and SOT (Lord of Captivation) bosses
    you invite a myst and have to ask them if they can heal.
    and they say they cant.

I did it multiple times on my lvl 90 mystic cause I get sick of lf cleric some days :p

but do it just fine and squads always say they need bb pfft

The aoes hit hard. Besides that, you would need a sage mystic. And even then, the tank needs to be able to live until your purify procs. e.e Fail complaint is fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Theres a lot I dont know so I dont abuse people either - just help out if I can....

In a delta squad of 100+ the other day (on my veno) our cleric was BBing then dropping it every now and then for no real reason, other than s/he wanted to save on a few pots. After other squad members said to just keep BB up, the cleric came up with this one:

"How do I know if my BB is still running."

Interesting you'd get to 100 and not know this..... advice was given.
    edited November 2012
    When people claim that others are stupid for not realizing that "X" class is just as good as the proper class for an instance just because their gear allows them to bypass the limitations of the class. e.g. "They didn't invite my sin when they were looking for AOE dds. LOL I got +10 zerk crits I can steal aggro from seekers for like 20 seconds!" Things like that. It's like if I ask for an AOE for delta, I mean class that has more than 2 aoes. So seekers, archers, wizards, psychics, blademasters. Not clerics, not sins, etc. Just because I reject you because I don't know everyone's gear in the world, doesn't mean you have to trash talk. Those aren't aoe dds and your gear may make up for that fact, but that doesn't mean I'm "dumb" for not inviting you.

This mostly applies to delta though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    LOL I got +10 zerk crits I can steal aggro from seekers for like 20 seconds!"

Owning +10 g15 zerk crit daggers, i can say for sure stealing agro from a seeker is very very hard and not a good choice. I hated delta on my sin, there was nothing to do. A simple sub sea, earthen rift...bored....bored...bored, oooh cool down finishes, earthen rift....bored....bored....next wave.

There is nothing special about stealing, keeping agro in delta as a sin on waves. If you can do it, good for you, but when some matter hits the fan, and you have agro, you will be the first one to die or shadow escape i guarantee you that much. No amount of bp return can save you when every mob is hitting you and you can only attack 1 enemy.

I do like sins in delta though, just not for their aoe specialty b:chuckle
  • Parrabellum - Heavens Tear
    Parrabellum - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    in a dungeon > "brb a sec"

...then he/she came back after 30 mins..