Things that annoy you in-game...

Comments

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Was running BH RB wave 3 the other day when I notice one member of the party is just standing around hardly doing anything. Occasionally targeting and killing a single mob, then more standing around. I ask about it and he says "sorry, my sin is in BH as well on the other screen." In any other BH I would have booted him... but you can't replace someone in RB.

Unfortunately this is all too common in my runs these days. I really wish people would NOT join a BH that they are not capable of participating in. I'm starting to think I should start wcing "no multiclienters please."

Nah, dont do that. I multi the same GV now with cleric/seeker but its easy cause I just bb one and vortex the other. EDIT - did that yesterday and got 2 x ecstasy cards per char reward hahaha, love that.

Back on topic. Normal quests really peak me off. Kill 150mobs for some **** rewards when I can get 10x the xp in one heads room.
  • Barson - Raging Tide
    Barson - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Back on topic. Normal quests really peak me off. Kill 150mobs for some **** rewards when I can get 10x the xp in one heads room.[/QUOTE]

sounds like the logic of fc baby b:avoid
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2012

sounds like the logic of fc baby b:avoid[/QUOTE]
    When barson talks.b:chuckle
  • Barson - Raging Tide
    Barson - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Back on topic. Normal quests really peak me off. Kill 150mobs for some **** rewards when I can get 10x the xp in one heads room.

sounds like the logic of fc baby b:avoid[/QUOTE]
    sounds like the logic of fc baby b:avoid
    When barson talks.b:chuckle[/QUOTE]

i always troll forums on a blue moon b:cool
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    is it me or are quotes being screwy
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This just happened to me.

I was getting a squad ready for a bh69 and we needed a tank. Took about 5 mins and I got a barb. Here is how the conversation went:

Barb: No
    Barb: That seeker added me and then dismissed the squad when I teled in.
    Barb: It's either me or him
    Barb: CHOOSE!
    Me: Wow!

I kicked the barb because I didn't want to hear any drama.

Me: Dude s t f u I don't want to hear your sh*t
    Barb: f*ck you

Then he proceeded to to say stuff to me and cuss me out so I black listed his @ss.

If I sense there will drama, I will kick you out of my squads and black list you if you proceed to cuss me out for kicking you. I'm not going to take it. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    People who except you help them in EVERYTHING.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Naughty talk in faction chat. I don't openly complain about it, but it bothers me, and I end up turning off faction chat for a bit. It amazes me how freely people can talk that way to others. I can only do it if it's someone I like in that way.

People complaining about not getting any help..when just the other day someone spent like hours helping them with a bunch of bosses ~_~..

As far as game mechanics are concerned - I hate skill lag. When Im helping someone, and they get aggro and I can't quickly grab aggro from them sometimes cause the skills will lock up for like 2-3 sec. People usually die cause of this =/.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Faction jumpers.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This just happened to me.

I was getting a squad ready for a bh69 and we needed a tank. Took about 5 mins and I got a barb. Here is how the conversation went:

Barb: No
    Barb: That seeker added me and then dismissed the squad when I teled in.
    Barb: It's either me or him
    Barb: CHOOSE!
    Me: Wow!

I kicked the barb because I didn't want to hear any drama.

Me: Dude s t f u I don't want to hear your sh*t
    Barb: f*ck you

Then he proceeded to to say stuff to me and cuss me out so I black listed his @ss.

If I sense there will drama, I will kick you out of my squads and black list you if you proceed to cuss me out for kicking you. I'm not going to take it. b:angry

Yes. This.

If there is going to be drama, I will stop it. Or ask people to take it to PMs if it's in faction chat. b:cute

Also: your quote might be messing up if you delete the first part of the HTML (I think this is the code) tag.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    People who except you help them in EVERYTHING.

And when you say "no" they'll start calling you a lazy *****... Like they expect ppl to sit in front of their pc's all they just to jump up all the time to help out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Adalgiso - Harshlands
    Adalgiso - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Barca fans in game? Does that count b:pleased
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And when you say "no" they'll start calling you a lazy *****... Like they expect ppl to sit in front of their pc's all they just to jump up all the time to help out...

You mean you don't!?!?

On the inverse I hate when guild chat is very busy and chatty until you ask for help. And then everyone goes silent. A simple "no," wouldn't kill you people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You mean you don't!?!?

On the inverse I hate when guild chat is very busy and chatty until you ask for help. And then everyone goes silent. A simple "no," wouldn't kill you people.

Well it ain't much but I kinda have a life... *cough* PS2PSPDS... b:chuckle

Yeah... When you're being lazy at least be honest about it... But in that case don't expect any help in return either... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
    edited October 2012
    Well it ain't much but I kinda have a life... *cough* PS2PSPDS... b:chuckle

Yeah... When you're being lazy at least be honest about it... But in that case don't expect any help in return either... b:surrender

I usually say "I can't atm, sorry. :(" Or something to that effect. I don't mind if nobody can do it or even just don't want to do it. Nobody NEEDS faction help the moment they ask. It's just a bit annoying knowing people are hiding just because you asked. Especially when you say something like "I'll go check WC" and they suddenly spring back to life. b:chuckle I do help but sometimes i just don't feel like it. But even then, I say something if I see it. Just to let the person know they should check world elsewhere and don't feel ignored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Yes. This.

If there is going to be drama, I will stop it. Or ask people to take it to PMs if it's in faction chat. b:cute

Also: your quote might be messing up if you delete the first part of the HTML (I think this is the code) tag.

And after I kicked him I got a 101 sin and when we did the run no one died. I believe that barb was fail and I dodged a bullet for a fail squad b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You mean you don't!?!?

Completely agree. One of the reasons I left my last faction was because of this. People would frequently ask for help with something reasonable, but no one would reply, not even to just say "sorry, busy" or something. Just crickets. It does not hurt to be courteous and to let the person know that you're busy at the moment or cannot help for whatever reason. It always seemed to fall to me to either help (which I am usually happy to do but I have things to do as well) or to make some reply to the person.

Part of the problem (and one of the things that annoys me in game) is that people often just stick to their little "clique" group within the faction and ignore everyone else, especially the new people....and then they wonder why those people being ignored leave the faction >.<

Barca fans in game? Does that count b:pleased

Yes! Go Leeds U. b:chuckle
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Almost impossible farming at 60+. It was fun to notice that killing own lvl mobs had even worse drop rates than killing 30 lvls weaker mobs. Can hardly(if even possible) to get money for pots and repairs. No dreaming about getting better skills.

Used to be starting a new toon from level 1 to 45 was a super easy way to make cash,
    now the dq items are 1 gold.
    b:cry
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    And after I kicked him I got a 101 sin and when we did the run no one died. I believe that barb was fail and I dodged a bullet for a fail squad b:chuckle

I jumped out of an FC run where the 8x Barb had 4k HP buffed standing.

He was missing pants.

And speaking of missing pants, I've run three different dungeons with three different sins all ranging from 5x to 98, all missing pants.
    b:shocked

• Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pants thieves on DW? Oh my the horror!b:shocked
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Pants thieves on DW? Oh my the horror!b:shocked

I know! b:shocked

It's either that or they left their pants somewhere unmentionable. b:chuckle

• GumyBear - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    I jumped out of an FC run where the 8x Barb had 4k HP buffed standing.

He was missing pants.

And speaking of missing pants, I've run three different dungeons with three different sins all ranging from 5x to 98, all missing pants.
    b:shocked

b:shocked b:shocked b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Things that annoy me in game

a lvl 80+ (insert ANY class here ) that when asked to use (insert anyskill here) says: "I dont have that yet" An you know it's a skill you get early in the game.

DUKE

Mystics that think they can replace a cleric..... ( Probably going to get a lot of QQ on this )
    If i run FF on my barb I would always prefer a cleric over a mystic
    Sorry Mystics - I don't intend to QQ on you but thats is what I prefer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Sfrenchie - Sanctuary
    Sfrenchie - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Multiple people have told me I was building my archer wrong and that if I wanted to get in squads I had to buy fists and reset my dex for more str....makes me so mad.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Multiple people have told me I was building my archer wrong and that if I wanted to get in squads I had to buy fists and reset my dex for more str....makes me so mad.

You are lv 87. No need to reset if u keep adding STR from now :D
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not an annoyance so much as a pet peeve ... Clerics are only good for healing.

People who think clerics can't tank and consequently never give them the chance. For instance, all the bosses in FB59 except Ofotis are perfect for a cleric. And, if the cleric is setup right and using the right skills, she can maintain aggro even when self-healing. Laugh my tail off whenever read something like: "Need barb and cleric for BH59."

I dual box a lot with cleric-archer, cleric-sin, cleric-psych, and cleric-barb. While each of the non-clerics can tank that instance with cleric spam heals, I usually tank with a cleric because both characters can then do dd. (All these alts are the same levels.)

The same applies for FB39, except that it's just easier to have the cleric solo Farren. Cleric is also a perfect tank for the two magic bosses in FB79. And, of course we all know a cleric can tank Pyro in FB69.

Foregoing presumes only one cleric in squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faolyn
    faolyn Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think bidding in wc is also annoying. People can just easily fake bid you if you do something like that. Oh wells there's my pet peeves. And i'm pretty sure there's much more to come

Little late to quote this one, but lawl someone's figured me out! I've made MILLIONS doing that rofl. b:laugh

I'll try to cut it out from now on.b:thanks
  • Sfrenchie - Sanctuary
    Sfrenchie - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2012

this is my cleric lol , my archer is 10x and is a bow build
    edited October 2012

It also annoys me when i say "LFS bh59, or 69" or whatever, i always get someone pming me that they wanna join my squad. Like don't you understand what LFS means? Lol

I hate when people do the above. Like if you're at the platform why already why can't you be the one to do the inviting. I always refuse to add those people when I then around and make my own squad and 99% of the time they are still there looking for a squad when they the reject the only other people who want one.

I'm sorry that it's just too much effort for you to change LFS to LFM.

Completely agree. One of the reasons I left my last faction was because of this. People would frequently ask for help with something reasonable, but no one would reply, not even to just say "sorry, busy" or something. Just crickets. It does not hurt to be courteous and to let the person know that you're busy at the moment or cannot help for whatever reason. It always seemed to fall to me to either help (which I am usually happy to do but I have things to do as well) or to make some reply to the person.

Part of the problem (and one of the things that annoys me in game) is that people often just stick to their little "clique" group within the faction and ignore everyone else, especially the new people....and then they wonder why those people being ignored leave the faction >.<

I know right! And then they go on world chat and claim they are a "family," and maybe they do have a little family feeling with their clique. But the faction isn't a family if you are only nice to the people on your FL. >.< That is like 90% of factions though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I hate when people do the above. Like if you're at the platform why already why can't you be the one to do the inviting. I always refuse to add those people when I then around and make my own squad and 99% of the time they are still there looking for a squad when they the reject the only other people who want one.

I'm sorry that it's just too much effort for you to change LFS to LFM.
    I personally, refuse to start a squad unless I have wine or can get it, and already have the tank/healer lined up already. To start a squad without having the critical components needed is just futile because 90% of the people that you get in random squads are simply idiots.
    I know right! And then they go on world chat and claim they are a "family," and maybe they do have a little family feeling with their clique. But the faction isn't a family if you are only nice to the people on your FL. >.< That is like 90% of factions though.
    True
    I have joined two factions that actually did have the active family, where you could get help quickly, no matter what level the help was needed for. Sadly, they only last like that a couple of months, then drama ensues and they join the ranks of the rest of the dead factions.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle