FC Glitch Update

Options

Comments

• Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    One hell of a spanking, like a perma ban spanking !
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    As a now former data analyst, Im seriously surprised they can't figure this out. The only excuse is having the data itself corrupt or not recording half decent in the first place.

If the data is in tact, Id say a week per server and you could figure out at least 80% of the people who need a spanking.

What really happened is that the GMs got flooded by tons of QQ tickets from ppl who got banned saying they never gooned and claiming their innocence when in fact most of them actually gooned. Due to the ammount of QQs, the GMs just decided to drop all the bans.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    bearyflair wrote: »
    What really happened is that the GMs got flooded by tons of QQ tickets from ppl who got banned saying they never gooned and claiming their innocence when in fact most of them actually gooned. Due to the ammount of QQs, the GMs just decided to drop all the bans.

And something along these lines, which I believe frankieraye addressed in his post, is well...kinda acceptable with the fact PWI was forced to sit on it for a while. Not to mention its compounded by the time it took to get a fix in. I've been in almost similar situations customer service wise, its a tough pickle and I don't envy frankieraye for having to address it.

I just have a hard time getting behind "They couldn't figure it out!" is all. Flat out stating "There is no reasonably fair solution to this issue" and moving on sometimes just has to be done, no excuses need to be given if they cannot be given outside of "people are involved."

In my opinion, I really don't think they should be banned. XP Removed would be a fairer thing. Next fairest would be to bring back the glitch. Further fair would be to create a similar instance that allows for more reasonable leveling to 105 for the 101+. Most fair? Remove the XP or dump people down to 100/101 and put in the similar XP instance for 101-105.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Krewella it up.
  • XeroFlareXL - Harshlands
    XeroFlareXL - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    95% of pwi has gooned and just cry like babies whne the yget banned ,fc babies is a good word for them,all lvl no skill, bunch of wannabe pros if you even wanna call them that tho they dont deserve any title
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arsla - Dreamweaver
    Arsla - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    b:angry

PWIs TOS is no longer valid after this i think the entire wall of text is a joke and players can do whatever they want !

see the Nerve not one GM says anything here why?cat caught your tongue?

Because they know they srsly ruined the game like a bunch of Noobs with no idea what they doing!

and the "Perfect" solution:- WE cant fix it !

what are you being payed For If you Gms and Devs cant do the work your Hired for?
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    What I don't get it is WHY? they didn't return those people to level 100 for example. I can deal with it, that they didn't perma ban them. BUT why they didn't take their levels? This is unacceptable and it's one of many reasons why I left the game. Incompetency of PWI management is ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /aron - Dreamweaver141
    /aron - Dreamweaver141 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yall talk about QQign yet here I see 166 pages of you people doing nothing but QQing.

Nope, I never used Goons (could never find a squad and have nothing against it) but I see nothing wrong with it and do not care who does what to fast level. 99.5% of my server already FCs all their toons from lvl 1 on up so who cares if they used a goon glitch as well.

Game is dying, do whatever the heck ya want. Even if they ban ya, Guild Wars 2 is coming and this will be a memory anyways
  • /aron - Dreamweaver141
    /aron - Dreamweaver141 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    This is unacceptable and it's one of many reasons why I left the game. Incompetency of PWI management is ridiculous.

You left the game and STILL come here to whine ? wow.. that is some...errrr, dedication ?
  • Arsla - Dreamweaver
    Arsla - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yall talk about QQign yet here I see 166 pages of you people doing nothing but QQing.

Nope, I never used Goons (could never find a squad and have nothing against it) but I see nothing wrong with it and do not care who does what to fast level. 99.5% of my server already FCs all their toons from lvl 1 on up so who cares if they used a goon glitch as well.

Game is dying, do whatever the heck ya want. Even if they ban ya, Guild Wars 2 is coming and this will be a memory anyways

what would a FC baby like you know!

there are players before Fc that worked really hard and players who actually like the game unlike you who is using it as a stepping stone !
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You left the game and STILL come here to whine ? wow.. that is some...errrr, dedication ?

As I said before I'm coming just to see what else is **** up and only for few minutes till I'm charging stamina in ****(earth Latin).b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    +1 on this thread that is dead, has been explained by me and many others why the solution took so long and was a poor one (people still don't have the intelligence to understand it it seems). And btw I love when the whiners who "quit" keep coming back to the forums to whine more.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
    edited June 2012
    Options
    In the good old words of wisdom by our old CM, eatwithspoons - "Never let anyone stop you from standing up for what you believe in".
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    +1 thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    In the good old words of wisdom by our old CM, eatwithspoons - "Never let anyone stop you from standing up for what you believe in".

There is a difference in standing up for what you believe in and beating a subject that's already dead further to death. You spammed the forums demanding an answer about the "punishment" you got one. You don't need to know all up in their business about what they do.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited June 2012
    Options
    There is a difference in standing up for what you believe in and beating a subject that's already dead further to death. You spammed the forums demanding an answer about the "punishment" you got one. You don't need to know all up in their business about what they do.

As l0ng as s0me0ne keeps bumping this thread I will abuse it as well. +2 thanks.
    edited June 2012
    Options

I beg to differ, unfortunately. The "punishment" was not satisfactory in any manner.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I beg to differ, unfortunately. The "punishment" was not satisfactory in any manner.

Please tell me how this topic can go any further? There is no point in it.

Yes everyone agrees the lack of a punishment sucked. Even the staffing said so, however it's not entirely their fault so stop putting the blame all on them. The chinese devs procrastinated it because it didn't affect their game at all that's why it took so long for a "patch". PWE screwed up and admitted on not having an adequate tracking system for exp gain to detect such activity and so could've ended up banning a few innocents mixed in with the gooners. And its one of those do you sacrifice a few for the entire whole? That and considering the majority of PW gooned a little bit. There were a few of us who didn't granted, however the amount of players that would have to be punished it would leave very few players left and further hurt this game then help at that point. Consider ALL consequences of actions not just your simple narrow minded one. It is why though I am not happy, accepted the response given. They said they will do better give them a chance to do so before you bash again.

Edit: still waiting on a real reply to my post a couple of pages back that you completely ignored.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited June 2012
    Options
    Please tell me how this topic can go any further? There is no point in it.

Yes everyone agrees the lack of a punishment sucked. Even the staffing said so, however it's not entirely their fault so stop putting the blame all on them. The chinese devs procrastinated it because it didn't affect their game at all that's why it took so long for a "patch". PWE screwed up and admitted on not having an adequate tracking system for exp gain to detect such activity and so could've ended up banning a few innocents mixed in with the gooners. And its one of those do you sacrifice a few for the entire whole? That and considering the majority of PW gooned a little bit. There were a few of us who didn't granted, however the amount of players that would have to be punished it would leave very few players left and further hurt this game then help at that point. Consider ALL consequences of actions not just your simple narrow minded one. It is why though I am not happy, accepted the response given. They said they will do better give them a chance to do so before you bash again.

Edit: still waiting on a real reply to my post a couple of pages back that you completely ignored.

Lol, you actually believe they will do better next time? There are a few glitches around as of present that are nearly equal to the goon glitch, and they haven't even acknowledged their existence. How will they do better when they have one staff member post bi-weekly on the forums?

There may be no point, and there isn't anything that can be argued that hasn't already. But I'll still be here. I'm quite adamant about how the company runs the game, as it is the biggest reason a multitude of my friends quit, including myself.

I haven't got a chance to go back a few pages and respond to everyone's posts. As unfortunate as this may seem, I do have a life and am away a solid 10+ hours a day. I just bought a new phone, work full-time, getting college set up for the fall, touring the campus, and getting my new apartment set up for the move-in on August 1st. To be fairly honest, I haven't had a single free day to just chillax' in about a month or two. Most of my free time is spent getting ready for my future.

b:victory
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Lol, you actually believe they will do better next time? There are a few glitches around as of present that are nearly equal to the goon glitch, and they haven't even acknowledged their existence. How will they do better when they have one staff member post bi-weekly on the forums?

There may be no point, and there isn't anything that can be argued that hasn't already. But I'll still be here. I'm quite adamant about how the company runs the game, as it is the biggest reason a multitude of my friends quit, including myself.

b:victory

Again ignoring the meat and potatoes of my posts. You pick select parts that suit your little post and ignore the rest again. The bishop "glitch" has already been fixed, the r8r soulsphere has already been fixed. You forget that this is just a distributing company for like the 50th time. They don't directly handle the bugs and glitches. They recreate them and send it to the chinese devs to fix.. how hard is that for you to get? And pay attention to the forums they have been A LOT more active then that. Hell just look at thread closed by raven today alone.

You're still here beating a dead horse because you have nothing better to do with your time? Sounds like you need better time management skills.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

So why do you care?

Sorry but if you quit the game like you just said what difference does it make to you if Frankie lives up to his promise to do better or not.

I have no problem with people that play this game wanting accountablity and quality when we are promised that, but you say you don't play you say most of your friends don't play so go away and be with your friends somewhere else. Make your own website for free with forums that you and your friends can post on because that's all you seem to want to do is chat with friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So why do you care?

Sorry but if you quit the game like you just said what difference does it make to you if Frankie lives up to his promise to do better or not.

I have no problem with people that play this game wanting accountablity and quality when we are promised that, but you say you don't play you say most of your friends don't play so go away and be with your friends somewhere else. Make your own website for free with forums that you and your friends can post on because that's all you seem to want to do is chat with friends.

He's fighting for what he thinks is best for us, regardless of what we want. Personally while I'm very unhappy with the way goon glitch turned out, I've accepted it. It is what it is. More concerning to me is how they become much more punitive suddenly over even the most minor of infractions. Creating new rules and then acting on those new rules before they announce them. For example, they have recently decided that posting and sharing ini data is now considered ini editing. Before as long as you didn't actually modify the ini file it wasn't considered editing. But now even if you share a character that follows all of the rules in everyway it is considered ini editing. Then there are reports of 30 year bans for having earthguard eyes.

All this demand for blood isn't going to change the goon glitcher's punishment. It's just means they are going to ramp up punishment from hereon out. I guess time will tell if that will be a good thing or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Flutterpie - Lothranis
    Flutterpie - Lothranis Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    most of those posting still are either trolls (Tremble) or people who are jealous they weren't able to take more advantage of the goons during the 4 months it was up (probably because they had bad gear or were too lazy).

they should just bring it back for a month or two and call it an event. it looks pretty fun and looks alot more challenging than heads.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    most of those posting still are either trolls (Tremble) or people who are jealous they weren't able to take more advantage of the goons during the 4 months it was up (probably because they had bad gear or were too lazy).

they should just bring it back for a month or two and call it an event. it looks pretty fun and looks alot more challenging than heads.

Yes lets bring back what started all the QQ so that more people will QQ they didn't get to have it when it ends because they couldn't for whatever reason and then it'll be a permanent fix to the game completely ruining the game as well as making the few of us who actually got 105 legit (maybe 4?) all the more unlikely to be considered valid.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Flutterpie - Lothranis
    Flutterpie - Lothranis Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    few of us who actually got 105 legit (maybe 4?) all the more unlikely to be considered valid.

nothing is legit when it comes to hyper XP. its all a BS way of leveling whether its buying heads or killing goons. the only legit people were the ones who were high level before this powerleveling ****. the instant they released hyper fcc xp became meaningless.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    +3 Thanks..
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    nothing is legit when it comes to hyper XP. its all a BS way of leveling whether its buying heads or killing goons. the only legit people were the ones who were high level before this powerleveling ****. the instant they released hyper fcc xp became meaningless.

Yeah because falling asleep with BB up while zhenning is far more work than putting in the effort to solo pv/fc ad nauseum. After a while doing the same thing over and over and over again gets tedious. Especially when you do it alone. Cheating to skip the work though is LITERALLY illegitimate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited June 2012
    Options
    +4 thanks.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    There also isn't any reason to disbelieve him either. This game has long been glitch and if he says he found yet another one but doesn't want to disclose what it is then that seems reasonable. The aftermath of the goon, caster, and the player created "fix" for r8r soulspheres all shows that you shouldn't post anything on the forum someone can take advantage of because hundreds of people will.

@SkogDry

Which GM did you contact exactly? Hopefully not only Frankieraye. Try throwing out a wide net. There is Do0cracy, Monkeyshatter, and Genotypist too. As well as some veno gm I think....

@VenusArmani,

Thank you for understanding. I just wish ppl here could understand that using the forum to describe a glitch is just as bad as using said glitch.

I PM'ed Genotypist last week... no reply yet. I'll PM Monkey next... but after this, I'm done. If they don't care enough about PWI then why the hell should I.

UPDATE: Just got a PM from Genotypist... The ball is now rolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Options
    +5 thanks..
This discussion has been closed.