Damascene Ores

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I can safely say that if they release 3rd cast Nirvana (to be honest no one give's a **** about 2nd recast R9 seeing how 99.9 % of the player base has already ignored 1st cast b:avoid ), that will pretty much be the death knell of R8 recast.

r9 plate and boots don't have -int.... r8r wont be going anywhere.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Also recasted 8 armor for say a wizzy or psy is pretty good and totally viable as a tw character. Yeah rank 9 gives more def/attack levels, but while they are helpfull, in tw I'm dubious to how big of an advantage that really is. With recast you can get def or attack through ur weapon so it is less one sided.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    r9 plate and boots don't have -int.... r8r wont be going anywhere.

Hmmm... lets see.

1.) GM has already said that going the NPC route to make recast mats more available is a potential game breaker.

2.) Odds of getting int. on your plate and boots are already pretty low.

3.) Judging by the participation in this thread (or lack thereof), player base seems to be already relatively satisfied with 3.33 and 4 aps base. Really... other than a few 2.86 base R9 sins (and delusional Barbs/BMs who think having 5 aps base will make a huge difference in PVE/PVP)... no one cares.

4.) Fewer and fewer factions having enough players with the gear and/or motivation to do the trials that drop the required ores.

5.) "Potentially" OP alternative in soon to be coming 3rd cast Nirvana gear.

Looks like legendary Warsoul gear will soon be having plenty of company. b:avoid
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Also recasted 8 armor for say a wizzy or psy is pretty good and totally viable as a tw character. Yeah rank 9 gives more def/attack levels, but while they are helpfull, in tw I'm dubious to how big of an advantage that really is. With recast you can get def or attack through ur weapon so it is less one sided.

You're kidding, right ? b:shutup
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    And what Ultima said is the other main problem. Not every faction can do trials 7-9, which is where Damascenes drop from the bosses (Hapatizones in trials 5-6 if I remember correctly). So even if a faction can do trials, if it can't beat a certain trial, then they can't even start saving ores.

Damascene drop in 5, 6, and 7.
    Hapatizon is 8 and 9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2012
    Well sure, im full rank 9 so I have like 2o defense levels from it, and sure it helps. Honestly, in tw it is not likely to make any life or death difference, and if you really believed it would, then just get 20+ defense levels on the weapon of recast 8. Sure your giving up some attack levels, but with jones blessing etc, a highly refined recast 8 sword will hit plenty hard to kill in tw with a caster class. The difference is between recast 8 - rank9 is only the def/atk levels as the base stats are nearly the same also in some cases recast 8 is beter base stats. So for alot of people a recast 8 caster is a viable tw alternative an is definitely a bargain over spending 1500 gold or 1k+us dollars or many many hours of farming.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Hmmm... lets see.

1.) GM has already said that going the NPC route to make recast mats more available is a potential game breaker.

2.) Odds of getting int. on your plate and boots are already pretty low.

3.) Judging by the participation in this thread (or lack thereof), player base seems to be already relatively satisfied with 3.33 and 4 aps base. Really... other than a few 2.86 base R9 sins (and delusional Barbs/BMs who think having 5 aps base will make a huge difference in PVE/PVP)... no one cares.

4.) Fewer and fewer factions having enough players with the gear and/or motivation to do the trials that drop the required ores.

5.) "Potentially" OP alternative in soon to be coming 3rd cast Nirvana gear.

Looks like legendary Warsoul gear will soon be having plenty of company. b:avoid

I will be finishing my r8r plate and being 5.0 base sage..... them making it a bit easier only helps my timeline, not the end result. My stance on this wont change, and most of the players that can mega merchant / farm will have the same stance.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Well sure, im full rank 9 so I have like 2o defense levels from it, and sure it helps. Honestly, in tw it is not likely to make any life or death difference, and if you really believed it would, then just get 20+ defense levels on the weapon of recast 8. Sure your giving up some attack levels, but with jones blessing etc, a highly refined recast 8 sword will hit plenty hard to kill in tw with a caster class. The difference is between recast 8 - rank9 is only the def/atk levels as the base stats are nearly the same also in some cases recast 8 is beter base stats. So for alot of people a recast 8 caster is a viable tw alternative an is definitely a bargain over spending 1500 gold or 1k+us dollars or many many hours of farming.

Sure... in terms of defense levels only, R9... unless fully JoSD sharded... isn't anything to shout about. I was actually referring to the huge boost in attack levels that you get with full R9 which makes them OP in TW. 60 attack levels plus jones gives R9 overwhelming firepower in TW and PVP. R8 recast simply can't match that although I do appreciate how useful some of the other recast adds such as Purify and greater Darken (higher chance to stun) can be. Note though that due to low chance to roll, getting some of the more exotic weapon adds may end up costing you more than R9 itself. b:surrender

Edit: In terms of defense levels on R9 being overated... lol my Seeker would disagree with you. With R9 it gets 80 defense levels without having to spend a damn cent... outside of buying sage adrenal numbness maybe. b:shutup
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Damascene drop in 5, 6, and 7.
    Hapatizon is 8 and 9.

Well I feel ignorant for not paying closer attention to what drops. :(

I guess we will have to play the waiting game and see if R9 2nd recast and 3rd cast Nirvana come out.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Plate 1: 227 M.Def; 138 HP; +9 Dex
    Plate 2: 280 MP; 202 P.Def; 230 P.Def.

Onto plate 3 :(
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    I managed to get some Damascenes to roll my boots again, but no luck.

This invigorates my goal though. I'm definitely never going to give up.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012

In terms of defense levels on R9 being overated... lol my Seeker would disagree with you. With R9 it gets 80 defense levels without having to spend a damn cent... outside of buying sage adrenal numbness maybe. b:shutup

I lol'ed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    I lol'ed

And I lol'd too because I was checking back in this thread every now and then waiting to see who would be the first sucke... um... poster to not figure out I was emphasizing the fact that R9 Seekers don't have to spend extra coin on JoSDs to get high defense levels. b:bye
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Boss drops are neither character bound, nor will they disappear upon logout/leaving instance. They are only character bound once you open them, I suspect someone is lying to you

It's not that someone is lying have you read the discription of the ore pack, it says it disappears when you leave the base. I don't know if it's true or not cause I don't want to risk it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    And I lol'd too because I was checking back in this thread every now and then waiting to see who would be the first sucke... um... poster to not figure out I was emphasizing the fact that R9 Seekers don't have to spend extra coin on JoSDs to get high defense levels. b:bye

and i was loling at the fact that your post reads that somehow seekers get free r9 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    and i was loling at the fact that I by some minor miracle managed to interpret your post to read that somehow seekers get free r9 b:laugh

Fixed. b:pleased
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    and i was loling at the fact that your post reads that somehow seekers get free r9 b:laugh

And here I was thinking you were lol'ing at the idea of someone having R9 without cash shopping.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    At this rate I just hope an easier way to get Damascene ores happens by June. Doesn't look like anyone higher than a mod will respond to this thread.

Can we stop derailing this thread as well? D:
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, we are one of the top factions who still bother doing trials on dreamweaver (we always finish the first nine an generally the second 9) and there really isn't enough damascene for even a tiny fraction of our players who have recast 8 armors to atempt a reroll even once biweekly per piece or even one piece.
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    _Ultima_ - Lothranis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    in Lothranis and Momaganon servers still there are no factions able to run trials...

so our chances to get our recast pieces be reforged are 0,000000 not even once a month or something....

and since i cant max refine my non endgame gear (because when i will get int on my recast i will get g15 bracers too and prolly cube neck and r9 belt) i (and many others) did quit game.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Re-rolled twice today finally got some damascene. Need one more for 5th try at it. Commooooooon -int >_>'
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Now I'm in serious need of Damascene ores with my weapon, and a faction mate of mine is as well...And so are a few friends...Even if the Damascene Ore was cash shop available, It'd still be more obtainable for the non-cash-shopper <_<
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    I haven't rolled in a while.

Any update on anything yet? 3 whole weeks of no maint (last one was just a server reset), and all they get done is "localization changes" that only change a few text stuff. That's lame.
  • katamara
    katamara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Damascenes are a real problem in this game and very frustrating, as they end up being guild drops and it's difficult to try to buy them on your own.

They really need to fix this problem for all of us, who has spent a fortune reforging and then stuck with what we've got.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    katamara wrote: »
    Damascenes are a real problem in this game and very frustrating, as they end up being guild drops and it's difficult to try to buy them on your own.

They really need to fix this problem for all of us, who has spent a fortune reforging and then stuck with what we've got.

This.

At this point, it's cheaper to buy 10 Armor pieces for a mil a pop, once a day, and just roll each once. Don't like it, trash it and try again.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    I've seen people try to sell Damascenes for 30-35m each on my server, and only one or two at that. That's already 100m+ to just reshape once.

So it's definitely cheaper to just reforge from scratch, but even as a cash shopper, 90-100m per reshape is a bit costly.

In comparison, Nirvana weapon reforging is round 7.7m (7 Raptures at 1.1m each) per reforge, and Nirvana armor 570k (2 Cannies at 285k each) per reforge.

Quite the difference in pricing at the moment. I mean, I don't think Raptures ever were 12m each when they came out, or cannies being 48m each. At least they were farmable as a squad instead of a faction.
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm thinking they did the same thing with R8R that they did with the faction base gear/tomes.
    Making its super overpriced without putting much thought into it. x.x
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It's difficult to put out one economy mold that fits multiple servers across multiple countries. What is good for CN may not be good for MY or Russia or PWI. Look at the diversity on our group of servers alone: Sanctuary gets enough Damascene out in a week to recast multiple R8r pieces a day. (I accidentally opened a Damascene on my toon and went "aw there goes 10 mil").

How should this be balanced? Well, if a server can't collectively put together a faction that can complete a few trials then they don't really deserve it, imo. It's not PWI's fault. Sanctuary has even trials dedicated factions such as Xeon that run trials daily for mats, rep, etc. All of the TW factions do it multiple times per week. I'm from the same faction as Valirah so perhaps I'm biased, but the factions my alts are in all at least attempt trials as well. It's fun, entertaining, and a decent way to farm.

Some Sanctuary prices to make a comparison point:

Weapon Reroll
    2 Mil + 90 Memorial Coins + 12 Adamantium Whetstones + 3 Damascene Ore
    2 Mil + 2.79 Mil + 5.24 Mil + 30mil = 40 Mil Per Reroll

Armor Reroll:
    1 Mil + 90 Memorial Coins + 9 Round Shield + 3 Damascene Ore
    1 Mil + 2.79 Mil + 2.475 Mil + 30 Mil = 36.265 Mil per Reroll

I didn't see anyone in here who is having trouble address WHY their faction can't do trials. Some trials can be completed with literally one squad of mostly tt99/r8s. 5, 6, and 7 are some of the EASIEST trials in the set if you know what you are doing and certainly completable by 1 squad. Is 4 the trial that is preventing you from doing further? What is going on? Lets see what the issues are and address them this way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sweetandkind
    sweetandkind Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I didn't see anyone in here who is having trouble address WHY their faction can't do trials. Some trials can be completed with literally one squad of mostly tt99/r8s. 5, 6, and 7 are some of the EASIEST trials in the set if you know what you are doing and certainly completable by 1 squad. Is 4 the trial that is preventing you from doing further? What is going on? Lets see what the issues are and address them this way.

My stupid server is like 70% sins and sins are kinda bad in trials so not many do them :(
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My stupid server is like 70% sins and sins are kinda bad in trials so not many do them :(

b:sad
    The problem is worse than I expected!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]