GMs, fix our bramble. Seriously.

Comments

• lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i remember when the game launched at the first date, all 5 classes were QQing about Veno so OP(when Phoe and Herc still not exist), almost everyone that want to duel with Veno sets rule "U CANT USE PET, CHEATING !!"

nowadays Venos are QQing about "our pets are weak QQ"

oops this is a talk about bramble isnt it? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What is this **** QQ?

Bwah so one of the veno's overpowered skills gets nerfed. Boohoo.

Veno's still have a skill that can hurt an immune to damage target. No other class can do something that OP.

Both Mystics and Seekers can do this.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I've dealt with enough venos to know that they're not as easy to kill as you make them out to be if they're skilled.

Hey Zan how you be ?b:pleased No further need to read beyond the yellow bit in the post you made. I like how they are telling others to go play a class when they don't even know all the little tricks we have up our own sleeve. Summer spirit demon version cough cough immunity to movement impairing effects cough cough. Demon ironwood(reduction to 0 pdef when it hits for the ones that don't know) followed by nix bleed giving full bleed damage no matter the gear. TT, Rank, npc, don't matter b:victory Works with any pet having ream just nix hits harder. Anyway enough secrets for now just going to point back to the bit up there in yellow.

As for hood and guard they are just how they have always been. There was never a nurf to take away the reflect. Only specific places were it is fully active. I will agree it would be nice to have that effect in all situations but we don't really need it.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hey Zan how you be ?b:pleased No further need to read beyond the yellow bit in the post you made. I like how they are telling others to go play a class when they don't even know all the little tricks we have up our own sleeve. Summer spirit demon version cough cough immunity to movement impairing effects cough cough. Demon ironwood(reduction to 0 pdef when it hits for the ones that don't know) followed by nix bleed giving full bleed damage no matter the gear. TT, Rank, npc, don't matter b:victory Works with any pet having ream just nix hits harder. Anyway enough secrets for now just going to point back to the bit up there in yellow.

As for hood and guard they are just how they have always been. There was never a nurf to take away the reflect. Only specific places were it is fully active. I will agree it would be nice to have that effect in all situations but we don't really need it.

Okay well then this http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=201731&highlight=Nerfed+bramble is totally wrong and the memory of it working way back when is wrong too huh?

Yes we all know the tips and tricks to use a veno I hate that people are thinking because we want back whats rightfully ours that we are suddenly not skilled. You realize I have TWed since the 3rd week of TW on HT I do know what has been nerfed what has been taken away from classes and given to classes since then.

Hood is overpowered this I can attest to but no one is requesting hood back we venos know its overpowered case in point I killed a GM with bramble hood at level 60ish back when GMs were still around after down time and I still had less then 3k life.

What we are asking for bramble back (which I was mistaken its 60% when its not sage or demon) a skill that use to work in duels and open PK and everywhere its not a matter of skills or a matter of we can't kill things without it never has it been said we cannot kill things without it. What was said if you had paid attention its not like we are a terribly powerful class like a psy but our bramble doesn't work and theirs does? You know it really doesn't do a lot of damage and I have never seen melee kill themselves on bramble alone as it still freakin has to go BACK through their phys def which if a BM isn't marrowed to magic def its like omg this doesn't hurt. Or did you think its untyped damage like they psy? No it only works on melee and APS doesn't get as affected by it as you might think again cause it makes an attack on the melee its returning to.

Oh and where do we have a skill to Resist damage thats not hood or feral both with insane cool downs?

@Dralighte - Harshlands
    Oh and that video doesn't demonstrate bramble killing sins it shows you killing noobs they were taking 300 damage and being attacked by others those weren't strong sins you would be lucky if they were properly geared and definitely not properly leveled they didn't seem to have much more then 3-4k life which in PK at least on HT you might as well not even bother even most of the weakest members can pew 4k life out in a second or two. It doesn't show bramble is OP it shows you were vastly outnumbering and outgearing the sins. b:cute

Riiiiight and you come over to HT and I'll make you afraid of a sage veno :3

What I am very annoyed at is you guys aren't putting up arguments as for why we shouldn't have it other then misinformation that it can make a melee kill himself.(thats what hood does) Instead you are all busy saying we are complaining over nothing and we should get over requesting our skill to work properly again while too many venos think of this as this is how it always has been (viciousminx a fine example) because they weren't here when it did work. I do not understand why when someone requests a change all one gets are poorly worded complaints like qq noob stop complaining, learn to play, you have never played long enough you wouldn't know. It doesn't make since why the player base must be so crude as to not understand this basic concept of a request instead of someone complaining.

@Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    It was an example besides plume shell can be said to be powerful it reduces lots of damage. But again its an example play along what would it be like if it was nerfed then nearly three years later you go to make it so plume shell could be brought back and clerics could be complete again.

Oh and for all those that say amp and purge are overpowered you must notice we have to get god awful close to our targets and then channel the skill to be able to get that off. Amp takes the form of many things clerics can break armor then purify themselves opps that hurts and from a range too, BMs have HF several other classes can weaken their targets and prime for the shot amp is no different but it puts the veno in more danger then any of the others.

Purge gets rid of buffs which any pro person wouldn't let a veno do in the first place that being said they are buff they can be put back on you and as a point of fact there are several weapons that have purge as a chance when they hit something like the bow that does it.

Final point we want bramble back :3 its not like we want hood(not that we don't) its just we know hood is too powerful bramble is not and has never been. Believe me when your reflecting 100 back from 3k hits you tell me how bloodly overpowered this skill really is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2011

I am totally afraid of a veno with tt80 gears +2. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    I am totally afraid of a veno with tt80 gears +2. b:shocked

Lol what? when did I ever have TT80 xD don't you know TT 60 all the way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Okay well then this http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=201731&highlight=Nerfed+bramble is totally wrong and the memory of it working way back when is wrong too huh?

Yes we all know the tips and tricks to use a veno I hate that people are thinking because we want back whats rightfully ours that we are suddenly not skilled. You realize I have TWed since the 3rd week of TW on HT I do know what has been nerfed what has been taken away from classes and given to classes since then.

Hood is overpowered this I can attest to but no one is requesting hood back we venos know its overpowered case in point I killed a GM with bramble hood at level 60ish back when GMs were still around after down time and I still had less then 3k life.

What we are asking for bramble back (which I was mistaken its 60% when its not sage or demon) a skill that use to work in duels and open PK and everywhere its not a matter of skills or a matter of we can't kill things without it never has it been said we cannot kill things without it. What was said if you had paid attention its not like we are a terribly powerful class like a psy but our bramble doesn't work and theirs does? You know it really doesn't do a lot of damage and I have never seen melee kill themselves on bramble alone as it still freakin has to go BACK through their phys def which if a BM isn't marrowed to magic def its like omg this doesn't hurt. Or did you think its untyped damage like they psy? No it only works on melee and APS doesn't get as affected by it as you might think again cause it makes an attack on the melee its returning to.

Even going through physical defense it makes it pretty tough to kill a veno that knows what they're doing... you're sitting there taking damage just for hitting them which would cancel out an HP pot if you needed to use one, while the veno is free to nuke you for over 2k a hit. Now imagine if a veno got a Demon Ironwood off. Where's that defense it had to go through? Even a normal Ironwood would seriously increase the damage a melee would take while hitting a brambled veno. Even if you stun 'em if they know how to survive you'll end up putting yourself in a position to be killed easily enough seeing as the reflect would cancel out pots, meaning while they're stunned you're hacking away at your own HP. You don't have to kill yourself on Bramble alone, as long as it's cancelling out your pots and making you MUCH easier of a target to kill for the veno then it's doing its job. By the way, what freaking BM are you fighting that doesn't magic marrow on an Arcane class?

Oh and where do we have a skill to Resist damage thats not hood or feral both with insane cool downs?

@Dralighte - Harshlands
    Oh and that video doesn't demonstrate bramble killing sins it shows you killing noobs they were taking 300 damage and being attacked by others those weren't strong sins you would be lucky if they were properly geared and definitely not properly leveled they didn't seem to have much more then 3-4k life which in PK at least on HT you might as well not even bother even most of the weakest members can pew 4k life out in a second or two. It doesn't show bramble is OP it shows you were vastly outnumbering and outgearing the sins. b:cute

What I am very annoyed at is you guys aren't putting up arguments as for why we shouldn't have it other then misinformation that it can make a melee kill himself.(thats what hood does) Instead you are all busy saying we are complaining over nothing and we should get over requesting our skill to work properly again while too many venos think of this as this is how it always has been (viciousminx a fine example) because they weren't here when it did work. I do not understand why when someone requests a change all one gets are poorly worded complaints like qq noob stop complaining, learn to play, you have never played long enough you wouldn't know. It doesn't make since why the player base must be so crude as to not understand this basic concept of a request instead of someone complaining.

@Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    It was an example besides plume shell can be said to be powerful it reduces lots of damage. But again its an example play along what would it be like if it was nerfed then nearly three years later you go to make it so plume shell could be brought back and clerics could be complete again.

Know what the difference is? It doesn't reflect and it heavily consumes mana upon being hit while it's up. It's pretty balanced for what it does. If it was nerfed you know what I'd do? I'd say "alright" then learn a new tactic or two. You know, instead of crying about a skill that honestly should stay nerfed.

Oh and for all those that say amp and purge are overpowered you must notice we have to get god awful close to our targets and then channel the skill to be able to get that off. Amp takes the form of many things clerics can break armor then purify themselves opps that hurts and from a range too, BMs have HF several other classes can weaken their targets and prime for the shot amp is no different but it puts the veno in more danger then any of the others.

Purge gets rid of buffs which any pro person wouldn't let a veno do in the first place that being said they are buff they can be put back on you and as a point of fact there are several weapons that have purge as a chance when they hit something like the bow that does it.

Final point we want bramble back :3 its not like we want hood(not that we don't) its just we know hood is too powerful bramble is not and has never been. Believe me when your reflecting 100 back from 3k hits you tell me how bloodly overpowered this skill really is.

Tralalala
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2011

This, I agree with. A legitamate question about why a skill doesn't work with and those of the class that do wish for it to work is met with all sorts of negativity. Oddly, I find this hilarious. The people who argue against this fact call the venos the "QQers", when they are the ones that are actually getting angry in retrospect when a veno is trying to give fact as to why they feel their skills is not enough. And it is even funnier because it is not veno vs veno that is producing these counter-arguments as to why they feel the bramble should/should not work, as one might expect to happen in this kind of debate seeing as how it deals with that specific class. But it is classes that do not play a veno as a main/possibly do not have a veno at all that are arguing so fiercly against the "outlandish" idea that a skill may/may not be alright enough to add to open PvP.

It is just really funny.

Good job, however, to the venos who are trying to use their knowledge of their class so far to produce actually read-worthy arguments as to why/why not this addition to open PK. So far, I've been pretty neutral about the idea of bramble in PK, but as a veno it is an interesting read to see what most of you have thought and put forth so far. And actually, kudos to those of the other classes that are doing comparisons[The wizards of this thread, for the most part] between both the classes due to the mod's accusation of venos being a "weaker mage" without a pet, lulz.

All in all, an entertaining thread. I see no QQ.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    This, I agree with. A legitamate question about why a skill doesn't work with and those of the class that do wish for it to work is met with all sorts of negativity. Oddly, I find this hilarious. The people who argue against this fact call the venos the "QQers", when they are the ones that are actually getting angry in retrospect when a veno is trying to give fact as to why they feel their skills is not enough. And it is even funnier because it is not veno vs veno that is producing these counter-arguments as to why they feel the bramble should/should not work, as one might expect to happen in this kind of debate seeing as how it deals with that specific class. But it is classes that do not play a veno as a main/possibly do not have a veno at all that are arguing so fiercly against the "outlandish" idea that a skill may/may not be alright enough to add to open PvP.

It is just really funny.

Good job, however, to the venos who are trying to use their knowledge of their class so far to produce actually read-worthy arguments as to why/why not this addition to open PK. So far, I've been pretty neutral about the idea of bramble in PK, but as a veno it is an interesting read to see what most of you have thought and put forth so far. And actually, kudos to those of the other classes that are doing comparisons[The wizards of this thread, for the most part] between both the classes due to the mod's accusation of venos being a "weaker mage" without a pet, lulz.

All in all, an entertaining thread. I see no QQ.

Of course it's the venos defending it, why would they go against the idea of having one of their skills reflect damage in PvP? o.o
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Of course it's the venos defending it, why would they go against the idea of having one of their skills reflect damage in PvP? o.o

There have been a couple of venos that are against the idea of their reflect working in PvP, due to it being honestly OP in their opinion. You're focusing on the Yays and not the Nays.
  • Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2011

All I want to know is what you been smoking? Killed a gm? Yea right. With that lie right up there why we going to believe another word you say?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    There have been a couple of venos that are against the idea of their reflect working in PvP, due to it being honestly OP in their opinion. You're focusing on the Yays and not the Nays.

You're the one that said it was people outside the Veno class arguing against it :P
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    You're the one that said it was people outside the Veno class arguing against it :P

Oh, did I now? My mistake. I honestly meant that its interesting seeing the debate between venos that think their skill is needed/not needed. Hence this:

"Good job, however, to the venos who are trying to use their knowledge of their class so far to produce actually read-worthy arguments as to why/why not this addition to open PK. . . ." ~Malei.

I didn't mean to imply that only the outside classes were arguing against it. I'm sorry. b:surrender b:shy.
  • Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Maybe cause I see more new threads about veno on GENERAL than the actual veno-subforum b:surrender or maybe I'm imagining it :P

I dont understand why bramble doesnt work in open pvp, considering it works to full effect almost everywhere else. Though I guess, one of the things people need to consider.. bramble can be cast on other people. Thats a 75% reflect buff I could cast on anyone, how often would you see a sin attacking a brambled BARB then? I think it is a bit unbalanced... in duels. people die really fast from it if melee. However in open PVP.. plenty of people are charmed, plat charms are quite cheap right now arent they? And no one gives you **** for using pots or genies in open pvp...and they are probably charmed. While having brambles would be nice, it wouldnt be overpowered like in duels. My experience with it in TW? hmm I havent been able to enjoy the effects of bramble that often, and it's sorta of insane that sins can kill you so fast it seems bramble does almost nothing to them, despite them hitting hard on you. It seems the of the true threats in pvp are most often magic + ranged, entirely unaffected by brambles. It doesnt seem very unbalanced to me.

Would I like to have brambles in open pvp? Yeah, it would be nice to have pretty much our only party buff actually be more than just decoration, but I dont see it changing much
    Would I care if they didnt make brambles work? No, we've dealt long enough without it, there's no point in complaining now and you should already be used to not having it.

p.s. using sin as an example cause I dont have as much trouble dealing with bms.. my other prime enemy, archers wouldnt be affected by brambles even if they changed it. v.v
    Barbs.. those take a bit longer to take the hp down, bramble wont help much if you are kiting enough.. they can't stunlock you as well as a bm, but a well geared and charmed one might not be worth the effort.. brambles or not xP
    almost forgot seekers.. but they can avoid reflect entirely with ranged skills *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Maybe cause I see more new threads about veno on GENERAL than the actual veno-subforum b:surrender or maybe I'm imagining it :P

You have a point here. This is something honestly that I would imagine seeing in the veno sub-forum than in the General area. But perhaps this is the place the OP felt that the people who could answer her questions would definitely see it?

Plus this is General discussion, I see no harm it being here honestly. What really made me laugh was just how the question was met with so much negativity from people outside of the veno-class, that's all. Like having bramble work in open PvP is the worst idea ever in the game. It was just interesting to see.

Oh, and also telling the venos to 'stop QQing', 'smart venos know how to PvP without bramble', 'lulz, you have no skill because you're complaining about a skill of yours not working', that I really don't understand. I don't see the venos in here pulling a troll and going "FRACKING MAKE FRACKING BRAMBLE FRACKING WORK IN FRACKING PK BECAUSE I FRACKING SAID SO." They're actually making legit opinions about why they feel they're being stunted. Well, the majority of them are. Its a nice change of pace rather than mentioned above.

I agree with you too about how bramble is, ultimately. Would I like to see it change? Sure, it would add an element to venos that is quite dangerous. Would I be upset if they never added it? Lulz, no. We have indeed adapted to situations around it. However, I do appreciate the discussion being held as to why/why not it should be added. It shows that the venos do care about their class.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    All I want to know is what you been smoking? Killed a gm? Yea right. With that lie right up there why we going to believe another word you say?

^^ don't spout of with things you don't know its not a lie I beat a GM in a duel Kantorek to be precise. He did not have his GM cape on but his gear was pretty sick for a server that the highest level was just getting to demon. You need to trust more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ^^ don't spout of with things you don't know its not a lie I beat a GM in a duel Kantorek to be precise. He did not have his GM cape on but his gear was pretty sick for a server that the highest level was just getting to demon. You need to trust more.

Spout off with things I don't know? You mean like what your doing right? Coming on here saying things trying to sound badass like you killed a GM when you were 60ish or pretending you where here at the start of HT to make it sound like you know what went on back then. Need to trust more ? You need to lie less.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    pretending you where here at the start of HT to make it sound like you know what went on back then.

...You do realize that the date listed underneath your avatar is not the first day you registered, nor the first day you completed a quest. It's the first time you posted on the forums. EG, taking a quick glance at Pressa's achievements by clicking his/her name, he/she hit 60 in November of 2008. Which is about a month after the servers opened, as the GMs reminds every anniversary. XD I have no clue if this person honestly killed a GM or not, Kantorek is still around but he doesn't visit the forums anymore I don't think. I think he posted on like one maintenance patch a couple of weeks ago and that's the only reason I know he's around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Spout off with things I don't know? You mean like what your doing right? Coming on here saying things trying to sound badass like you killed a GM when you were 60ish or pretending you where here at the start of HT to make it sound like you know what went on back then. Need to trust more ? You need to lie less.
    ...You do realize that the date listed underneath your avatar is not the first day you registered, nor the first day you completed a quest. It's the first time you posted on the forums. EG, taking a quick glance at Pressa's achievements by clicking his/her name, he/she hit 60 in November of 2008. Which is about a month after the servers opened, as the GMs reminds every anniversary. XD I have no clue if this person honestly killed a GM or not, Kantorek is still around but he doesn't visit the forums anymore I don't think. I think he posted on like one maintenance patch a couple of weeks ago and that's the only reason I know he's around.

I'll solve this whole dispute. I'll have frankie ask Kanto tomorrow.b:chuckle

Although, honestly... if someone makes something up, does it mean you have to come in and rage against it? Just let them have their petty "victories", believe what you choose, and move on. It's not that difficult to ignore stuff like that.b:surrender
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011

Aye :3 no I mean killed is the wrong word I was pretty sure I said that I dueled kantorak I did several times in actuality I only beat him twice squished me every other time :3 Kantorak is a beast qq it really was a very close duel I had like 300 hp left and had been killed by him once that night I got a brainy idea and threw up hood a the start of the combat and he armaed me instead of going squish he hit himself :3 I was happy. He was like lol how did that happen so we did it again and the same thing happened the next time though.....he sharded his gear and squished my hooded butt
    Thats why I say hood is broken gm cape or not it was still a very powerful barb :3 should not have won.

No but I mean you seriously should learn to trust random people on the internet ;3
    :3 no I didn't post until 09 because I didn't think I would need the forums and I didn't for a long time. Finally I got into the forums b:surrender dang close to being a mod hehe though since then my um people skills have not been at all mod like mostly on purpose.

^^ I joined PW on september 18th and joined the guild I have been in since on the 24th :D and mostly active the entire time.(in most fashions)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ^^ I joined PW on september 18th and joined the guild I have been in since on the 24th :D and mostly active the entire time.(in most fashions)
    im wondering why u need to mention this like every other post

are u expecting a medal?
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

Although, honestly... if someone makes something up, does it mean you have to come in and rage against it? Just let them have their petty "victories", believe what you choose, and move on. It's not that difficult to ignore stuff like that.b:surrender
    You have right, let them bump until they forget it, like the thread about Medals in DQ (:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Eh? I really don't care if he/she did or didn't, just letting them know about the join date thing cuz it's hella confusing if you don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Then why are you complaining about them not having bramble? If they are strong without their pet, then they wouldn't need it.

Without agreeing with me, you already proved my point.b:surrender

Not reading every post. But isn't a pet pretty much worthless when all PKers go right for the veno and kill them as quick as possible? Once the veno dies the pet goes away everyone knows that. I have never once dueled someone who attacked my pet b4 me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Not reading every post. But isn't a pet pretty much worthless when all PKers go right for the veno and kill them as quick as possible? Once the veno dies the pet goes away everyone knows that. I have never once dueled someone who attacked my pet b4 me.

i smell a troll http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrI7QUJfkvI
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    veno = fail.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    either way if its based on damage taken or damage dealt... if your immune to damage the person hitting you isn't doing any damage. its just based on damage.

and if your not smart enough to recognize the channeling for bramble hood, then its not the venos fault. its just something else for people to work around. as a bm use roar or pride and take the opportunity to kill of pet. don't go all out on a veno with bramble hood. stun-lock them and play defensive till it runs out. though sadly very few bm's that i encounter even know what stun-lock is lol. ahhh the lost abilities of players that come from not learning how to do something besides auto-attack.
    and venos cant get through immune to damage. that's a mystic skill.

You speak of "knowing how to play their class," yet you think the answer to Hood is a stun lock? BMs don't get chi up the *** like sins, so when they stun lock, the target must at least have a chance of dying to it or that chi is wasted. If Hood dealt reflect, you don't stun a Hooded veno because that serves no purpose...you drop from the air and run until the Hood runs out. For two sparks I don't really care of Hood works or not. It's the much more spam-able Bramble Guard that I can see why doesn't work.

The whole reason why some skills don't work in open PK was to balance ranged vs melee in aerial PK. To have a melee finally catch up to you in the air, only to tick his own charm on Bramble is a bit much don't you think? Not to mention that at any time a melee is about to approach, a ranged character can drop kite, whereas a ranged class can deal full damage to a chasing melee anytime they feel like it.

That is why old class skills like Bramble on Venos and Knockback on BM, archer, and wiz has never worked.

To the veno in the OP saying venos have no defense, your defense is being ranged. Now shut up and learn to play.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You speak of "knowing how to play their class," yet you think the answer to Hood is a stun lock? BMs don't get chi up the *** like sins, so when they stun lock, the target must at least have a chance of dying to it or that chi is wasted. If Hood dealt reflect, you don't stun a Hooded veno because that serves no purpose...you drop from the air and run until the Hood runs out. For two sparks I don't really care of Hood works or not. It's the much more spam-able Bramble Guard that I can see why doesn't work.

The whole reason why some skills don't work in open PK was to balance ranged vs melee in aerial PK. To have a melee finally catch up to you in the air, only to tick his own charm on Bramble is a bit much don't you think? Not to mention that at any time a melee is about to approach, a ranged character can drop kite, whereas a ranged class can deal full damage to a chasing melee anytime they feel like it.

That is why old class skills like Bramble on Venos and Knockback on BM, archer, and wiz has never worked.

To the veno in the OP saying venos have no defense, your defense is being ranged. Now shut up and learn to play.

haha u die to double spark sin archers no do good close range
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • shatteredheartandsoul
    shatteredheartandsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This topic has been rearing its ugly head since beta with people crying they nurfed hood and guard. These two skills have never functioned with reflect in open pvp no mater how many claim it once did. Just as with knock back these skills were never fully enabled player vs player for balance reasons. Yes hood and guard have worked in TW and duels. This is what caused the "they nurfed it" situation from the start. People were using it with success in duels then began to pk and noticed a different result.

A question for the people from Heavens Tear. Where was hood/guard used that it functioned like you say with full reflect enabled player vs player? This I would like to know due to it being a PVE server.
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    veno = fail.

you are fail