Glacix Dragoons

Comments

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Noticed the same on my server.

Seems people want to go rush there cause they "think" no one ever got punished for it and want their shot before it's fixed..

I would actually laugh if there's a gm just popping up in FC till patch to check on things..
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Anyone on HT want to take me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I truly am not happy if this does nerf the exp on the full runs, I actually like doing the goons on the last part of FCC runs, its the prime motivator for doing a full run and without it its going to be hard to finish the FCC quests (yes some people do them).

Also punishing people after the crime? First off, that should have been done the moment this was discovered, to wait so long to do so is like punishing a kid for stealing a cookie they took a week ago, they probably don't remember even doing it. For some people goons added a challenge for them in game, a new aspect of fun that made this game playable and a new goal of 105 that was actually obtainable without being a no life.

Perhaps its unfair that people leveled so fast, but then this game has never been particularly fair or just in the past so why should it start now? I've accepted that people have leveled higher than me with goons, much as it pains me because it took me a year to finally reach 103 and now everyone is 103+, I'm not going to demand they be punished for it. To me its no different from the injustices suffered by those who had r8 before rep was sold in the CS or those who got DQ horses before they were in the CS.

At this point the easiest solution is just make it legal, that way the only thing those not 105 lost was the time they could have been doing goons to get there.
  • JBourne - Dreamweaver
    JBourne - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    well if they were smart now would be a good time to be ingame and catch the people that goonz.
  • Bruutjes - Sanctuary
    Bruutjes - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    no point in catching 'some people' Id prefer them catching them all :x
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Basically, all the people who took a moral stand and decided not to do goons are realizing that they were really ****ing stupid and are trying to "get theirs" at the last moment.

b:bye
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    tfi2f wrote: »
    Basically, all the people who took a moral stand and decided not to do goons are realizing that they were really ****ing stupid and are trying to "get theirs" at the last moment.

Nah, I never went, never will. I like to be proud of my exp earned "legit" ways and don't want to risk a ban when i' playing 14 hours a day alterning 4 different chars...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    please x @_@

Ban these losers that have used goons glitch to get to 105 all they do is ruin it for everyone else and you can guarantee if another exploit is found these are the people that are going to abuse it, they are a hindrance to the game.

But in saying that im not hopeful, no one will will argue with me that PWI have an abysmal record at enforcing their rules with any real conviction.

Please prove me wrong.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ^ honestly i wish they would leave it in and make it legal, the exp required to get to 105 is ridiculous.... hel to get to 103... hell to get to 90 w/o doing BH or FF.... idk how people did it back then w/o these lol.
    Zhen squads.... ya well, with BH and FF i've never seen one of those so idk how good it is compared to a reg FF run. lol

That said... it's stil a exploit.....
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    so is it still bannable to to the fc goon glitch jailer?
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    ........................ seriously? u just asked that?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    so is it still bannable to to the fc goon glitch jailer?

GMs say it is, their actions against it say no.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sfrenchie - Sanctuary
    Sfrenchie - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    For all you know, this is merely the first step. Haven't you ever heard that the way to deal with a problem is to take out the root (the dragoons exp), then deal with the leaves (the players who exploited the glitch)? Otherwise, the weed just grows back stronger than ever.b:shocked

The 'root' is the Glitch . Not the dragoons exp. I love this game , but so tired of all the issues with it that no one is fixing or no one cares too fix it . If you got paid to fix it you would. I just hope the exp gets reversed too the same amount when the glitch actualy gets removed , if it ever does.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    -_- I agree, the glitch itself needs to be fixed. However, this does not surprise me in the slightest because the devs found another fail fix pulled out of thin air...it looks like this glitch continues to be on the long list of bugs in the game, that will never. get. fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    the devs need to go back to school me thinks.... they dont' know how to fix ANYTHING.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    PM me ingame Known, I'll do some with you.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Seriously just remove hyper from FCC like PW-CN...The plague that is Dragoons is directly caused by hypers FCC, and the problems that people claim it has caused is mostly not unique considering hyper babying.

Is by far the best solution
    I <3 A lot of people
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Goons+rep sale=profit

Obviously they wont be too fussed about a few more people hitting high 100/101 to buy their R9/R8 before goons is nerfed once and for all(assuming it will be). Whereas,

MoG+DQ Rewards=/= profit

So why would they instigate a medal rush by announcing it's removal beforehand?

Well, at least that's my speculation.
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I love the "remove hypers itl stop" idea. Cos its pathetic.

People can get 2-3 levels in 20-30 minutes up to 100 on 12x hypers atm. That means they could still get a solid 25% or so every half hour at normal exp. Itd be less efficient, but still one of the best powerlevelling methods around. In fact, it could be worse because people could stay in there indefinitely because they arnt dealing with exaustion. b:shocked
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    genotypist wrote: »
    Please be patient and try the patch for yourself before jumping to conclusions.

We looked at several possibilities and decided on this one as a compromise between expediency and effectiveness.

You know... here's a wild idea. Since most of us dont' even LOOK at the exp we get, jsut the %.... lol

How bout u tell us straight up if the 12 or w/e dragoons in the back of FF we get a nice chunk of exp from are going to be nerfed to hell with this? You know? be straightforward with us? Or is that asking too much?

Edit: *looks around* b:avoid
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Why complain, you obviously know that they don't care about this game. If they did they would never put a single pack in this game or made everything in this game cash shop-able or made r9 cash shop only and many other things. PWRD is traded publicly so all they care about is making money for their stock holders. Dead game is dead. The cash shop only expansion they are releasing look pretty neat though. b:shutup
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    I love the "remove hypers itl stop" idea. Cos its pathetic.

People can get 2-3 levels in 20-30 minutes up to 100 on 12x hypers atm. That means they could still get a solid 25% or so every half hour at normal exp. Itd be less efficient, but still one of the best powerlevelling methods around. In fact, it could be worse because people could stay in there indefinitely because they arnt dealing with exaustion. b:shocked

But people wouldn't stay there indefinitely, the cost of glitching (buying hypers, Mijis, vacs, repair bills, the occasional tele fee)would outweigh the benefit of it.
    (all just random #s people feel it took when I talked to em, actual values vary)
    Say people stay in fc for 3h (with hypers allowed) takes ~20 mins to get to jail and they glitch for the rest of the time, and lets add in 5 wipes so 10 minutes to recover per wipe, and for every 15 pulls the barb has to go repair so another 7 mins, So actual glitching time is around 2h 15m (not adding in repair time yet) , now each pull takes about 2m10s, so every 15 pulls it takes 39m30s

so about 52 pulls.

thats 52 vacs (not inducing those wasted on the wipes) 4 repair trips, 2 sets of 10 hypers, and 2 mijis

So 3.9m(~75k/vac) + 2m(whats a barbs usual cost for repairing 9x gear? mine jumps to 500k but thats AA but Ima use that as an example ) + 800k + 180k(? cant remember if its 9 or more tokens for a miji)
    so you go through ~7m for just 2 hours of glitching, Now for the sake of making this easy on me lets go with 6.75 lvls is gained in that amount of time with hypers, so .75 lvls is gained w.o hypers in that same amount amount of time. Now if ya know for 7 mill you're gonna gain almost 7 lvls I'd say its a fair trade off, but when that drops to 3/4 of a lvl for 6 m, I'd rather go zhen, and save almost 4m.

why do ya think gooning ain't popular with the serves that don't have hypers in Fc (other than they have active gms)
    I <3 A lot of people
    edited November 2011
    But people wouldn't stay there indefinitely, the cost of glitching (buying hypers, Mijis, vacs, repair bills, the occasional tele fee)would outweigh the benefit of it.
    (all just random #s people feel it took when I talked to em, actual values vary)
    Say people stay in fc for 3h (with hypers allowed) takes ~20 mins to get to jail and they glitch for the rest of the time, and lets add in 5 wipes so 10 minutes to recover per wipe, and for every 15 pulls the barb has to go repair so another 7 mins, So actual glitching time is around 2h 15m (not adding in repair time yet) , now each pull takes about 2m10s, so every 15 pulls it takes 39m30s

so about 52 pulls.

thats 52 vacs (not inducing those wasted on the wipes) 4 repair trips, 2 sets of 10 hypers, and 2 mijis

So 3.9m(~75k/vac) + 2m(whats a barbs usual cost for repairing 9x gear? mine jumps to 500k but thats AA but Ima use that as an example ) + 800k + 180k(? cant remember if its 9 or more tokens for a miji)
    so you go through ~7m for just 2 hours of glitching, Now for the sake of making this easy on me lets go with 6.75 lvls is gained in that amount of time with hypers, so .75 lvls is gained w.o hypers in that same amount amount of time. Now if ya know for 7 mill you're gonna gain almost 7 lvls I'd say its a fair trade off, but when that drops to 3/4 of a lvl for 6 m, I'd rather go zhen, and save almost 4m.

why do ya think gooning ain't popular with the serves that don't have hypers in Fc (other than they have active gms)

You dont need vacs, trust me on that, done well enough you wont get much of a repair bill either. Nail it well enough and you will rhape dragoons like no tomorrow.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    You dont need vacs, trust me on that, done well enough you wont get much of a repair bill either. Nail it well enough and you will rhape dragoons like no tomorrow.

Oh I know that, but the "average" player right now needs vacs and will get a hefty repair bill. Guy in my old fac used to do it for people but would always complain about the cost of vacs and repair bills. every 15-20 mins you'd see him say on Guild chat that he needs to go out and repair.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It is Obvious the GMs are not going to do anything to the gooners seeing as how there have been people WCing for people for "FC Cookies" 95+ b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited November 2011
    Oh I know that, but the "average" player right now needs vacs and will get a hefty repair bill. Guy in my old fac used to do it for people but would always complain about the cost of vacs and repair bills. every 15-20 mins you'd see him say on Guild chat that he needs to go out and repair.

Yeah, it will become the elite skill that people seem to currently think it is.
  • TevesRagen - Lost City
    TevesRagen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I presented this as an answer previously tonight... How many times do you see a farmer treat a pest problem by just killing the already grown weeds? Not very often. They go straight to the root of the problem and use weed killers which go to the root and kill it there. That is similar to nerfing the Dragoons experience. They have now killed the root which cause the problem of the 105s. Now they can move on to treating the remainder of the problem, because the problem won't grow larger.b:bye

KrittyCat, is this a guess on your part or some information you've received from PWI?
    I'd love to see bans or level reductions to all the glitchers. I would think it would be easy to monitor world chat to find out who is selling "leveling service" or "selling pulls".
    BTW, I hit 101 on this char without ever using hypers. It isn't impossible, it just takes longer.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    no point in catching 'some people' Id prefer them catching them all :x

Gotta Catch 'Em All! Pokemon!
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Nope. Haven't done goons yet and won't do them tonight or ever.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9kpTvm6CYA b:chuckleb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
This discussion has been closed.