Glacix Dragoons

Sfrenchie - Sanctuary
Sfrenchie - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Okay , so I read the update. All of it is awesome. Excluding the Glacix Dragoons exp nerf.
PWI Why don't you just fix the glitch , alot of people actualy do full FCC runs and need that exp from the last half with that Dragoons. Get it done , and fix it. Jesus Christ.

Don't know if this is right or not , but a few people told me the exp you get from the Dragoons at the back of Fcc is like 200 with 12x hypers on. How is that even fair?

Pwi you may aswell just delete the second half of fcc , and the quests that come along with it. Just a bad move on your part , as always.
Post edited by Sfrenchie - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Okay , so I read the update. All of it is awesome. Excluding the Glacix Dragoons exp nerf.
    PWI Why don't you just fix the glitch , alot of people actualy do full FCC runs and need that exp from the last half with that Dragoons. Get it done , and fix it. Jesus Christ.

I must say, I agree. I legitimately level up my alts, and the exp at the end of FCC for those Dragoons I look forward to to help my alts level up. Nerfing the mobs wont fix anything if hundreds, if not thousands of mobs at once can be spawned.
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I could be wrong but I think the "goons" at the quest boss are not the same mob as the "goons" at Holeen. Same name but different hit points and xp

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/search_mob
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Please be patient and try the patch for yourself before jumping to conclusions.

We looked at several possibilities and decided on this one as a compromise between expediency and effectiveness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I could be wrong but I think the "goons" at the quest boss are not the same mob as the "goons" at Holeen. Same name but different hit points and xp

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/search_mob

Theres only one level 88 Water type Dragoon. Its the same spawned as at the end of FC.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What you guys should actually do is to take away the lvl 105's who cheated their way to the lvl cap.

Just that alone would stop a lot of special FC activity. And NO one would complain except for the few exploiters.

What we have instead is, the exploiters win with easy exp, and the fair-playing general public gets hurt, yet again. Just like the removal of DQ medals.

Basic lesson is that all exploits should be milked for all its worth since there's no real penalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    What you guys should actually do is to take away the lvl 105's who cheated their way to the lvl cap.

Just that alone would stop a lot of special FC activity. And NO one would complain except for the few exploiters.

What we have instead is, the exploiters win with easy exp, and the fair-playing general public gets hurt, yet again. Just like the removal of DQ medals.

Basic lesson is that all exploits should be milked for all its worth since there's no real penalty.

For all you know, this is merely the first step. Haven't you ever heard that the way to deal with a problem is to take out the root (the dragoons exp), then deal with the leaves (the players who exploited the glitch)? Otherwise, the weed just grows back stronger than ever.b:shocked
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I have seen people post several good solutions to fix this problem and it bugs me that PWI insists on thinking this is still a good fix. It is not. Didn't they already claim that they reduced the exp a while back? It was a flat out lie and I'm a bit skeptical that this update will fix anything.

Even if they really do kill the exp this time, it still leaves the boss broken and provides people with plenty of fuel for genie farms if they choose to continue glitching it just for spirit.

I wish they would properly fix the damn glitch so those of us that were playing by the rules aren't punished as well.
  • Stalker - Lothranis
    Stalker - Lothranis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    For all you know, this is merely the first step. Haven't you ever heard that the way to deal with a problem is to take out the root (the dragoons exp), then deal with the leaves (the players who exploited the glitch)? Otherwise, the weed just grows back stronger than ever.b:shocked

Everything PWE does is half-assed, I wouldn't be surprised of the 9 Trials are the same. Bans for the exploiters? I'll bet 20m it won't happen.
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2011

I doubt anyone gets banned for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Fair enough, if the exploiters eventually have their lvls removed then I'm not particularly opposed to fixing the Dragoon problem like this, even if it's a band-aid.

However PWI has proven in the past (medals removal from DQ) that the ones who exploit game glitches can get off scot-free while still benefiting massively, so it's still possible nothing will be done.

I honestly don't think removing lvl 105 from glitchers would hurt PWI's PR, in all actuality I think doing it would increase it's reputation by a fair amount, as the majority of the PWI population did not use the exploit.

Leaving it as is means all sins who are not 105 by tonight have a MASSIVE disadvantage compared to the sins who exploited, as well as making detection pots completely useless for those not lvl 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If the dragoons towards the end of FC are nerfed, it make them pretty...useless and annoying then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    genotypist wrote: »
    Please be patient and try the patch for yourself before jumping to conclusions.

We looked at several possibilities and decided on this one as a compromise between expediency and effectiveness.

Am I the only one who notices how vocal this person is compared to frankie..?

o_o
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Am I the only one who notices how vocal this person is compared to frankie..?

o_o

Frankie is more focused on the forums, while genotypist is here to try to alleviate problems and concerns with the game. That's why you're seeing a lot of posts by genotypist in game-related threads. It frees frankie up more, so he can keep us updated on what's coming up.b:victory
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    me love frankie and kritty( after i quitted for forsaken world) b:angry dont speak bad off them
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    Lienna - Momaganon Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I just dont hope that PWE will be using the banhammer on a large scale.. that will just be bad for the whole game
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ya he is pretty vocal.... but they're either nerfed so little it wont' make much of a diff.... or nerfed so much u just SCREWED those of us doing normal runs out of half the exp in a run...... Seriously? "a compromise between expediency and effectiveness"?

More like too damn lazy to do the right thing and what you SHOULD do. If it takes a gM two whopping minutes to look back in my logs and see i trashed a WGTM quest cause the menu took my medals looking at the wrong catagory, not when i PICK the cape, and even sees me being pissed in faction chat TWO MONTHS EARLIER.... (btw they gave me my medals back XD), how in the hell can u not just lok at Core connect (or just the logs), see who lvl'ed to 105 in like..... a week.... cause that's so freaking obvious it's not even funny.

ROLL THEIR TOONS BACK, there's your fix, w/o frackign with our exp (those of us who dont' cheat). And if they do it again, perma ban them for good.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I literally look on the forums quickly, and see this... I may have quit the game, but I called this 5-7 months ago. I think it's ironic. I was banned for a month on the forums, perma-banned on my BM via forums, and 24-hour banned in-game on my main - all for calling Perfect World Entertainment staff "morons...".

I don't get it. Here's the definition of a "moron":

1. A stupid person; a dolt.

2. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

How was I incorrect? I must be a moron.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:surrender they could have just put other mobs in the end of FCC to replace the dragoons so you could get the same amount of exp... but.... please continue to QQ about something that isnt done yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    I literally look on the forums quickly, and see this... I may have quit the game, but I called this 5-7 months ago. I think it's ironic. I was banned for a month on the forums, perma-banned on my BM via forums, and 24-hour banned in-game on my main - all for calling Perfect World Entertainment staff "morons...".

I don't get it. Here's the definition of a "moron":

1. A stupid person; a dolt.

2. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

How was I incorrect? I must be a moron.

Bans aren't to be discussed on the forums, and you know better.b:bye
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011

I dunno, do they pay you to talk the level of bs you do? I mean like, it's as if you practice this, wtf? Do you REALLY see them doing anything else about goons? Like, really, you've been on this game for a long time. You know very well how things work...do you HONESTLY think they're going to do anything further?
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Bans aren't to be discussed on the forums, and you know better.b:bye

Sorry, I'll rephrase my post.

I literally look on the forums quickly, and see this... I may have quit the game, but I called this 5-7 months ago. I think it's ironic. I was on a forced leave from the game for a month by this company.

So, the good players get a nice one up the butt and the bad players get no punishment. Lololololoololololololololololollolololol.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    lol Tremble...... and Mendolin, it's being done tonight ya "moron". They'll either be nerfed so much there's no point hitting them or nerfed so little it wont' make a difference.

Oh and i just thought of something. If there's no point going past the heads, we'll have to do more runs for the same exp.... use up a bit more of our hypers.... so buy more hypers then we do now....... and if no one goes past the heads, price of stuff like Auspicious gold ring wil prolly go up. Gee...... charge more $ to afford stuff lol
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So, the good players get a nice one up the butt and the bad players get no punishment. Lololololoololololololololololollolololol.

Hey man, you know that's how I like it, hard on, no rubbers, hardcore, 24/7, what what in the butt.
    Oh and i just thought of something. If there's no point going past the heads, we'll have to do more runs for the same exp.... use up a bit more of our hypers.... so buy more hypers then we do now....... and if no one goes past the heads, price of stuff like Auspicious gold ring wil prolly go up. Gee...... charge more $ to afford stuff lol

I think you're on to something here...
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Sorry, I'll rephrase my post.

This x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

I could post proof of exploiting the FC glitch with SS and a vid, and probably not get any bans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    tfi3f wrote: »
    I dunno, do they pay you to talk the level of bs you do? I mean like, it's as if you practice this, wtf? Do you REALLY see them doing anything else about goons? Like, really, you've been on this game for a long time. You know very well how things work...do you HONESTLY think they're going to do anything further?

I don't get paid, thank you. I do this because I enjoy the forums here, and like to see it free of trolls like you.b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Seriously just remove hyper from FCC like PW-CN...The plague that is Dragoons is directly caused by hypers FCC, and the problems that people claim it has caused is mostly not unique considering hyper babying.

I've wanted the instance to be fixed all along, because having a diarrhea of stunning mobs fill the halls of a 7x instance is simply unprofessional and awkward for a game. Of course, they didn't do that, because like I said, this was never a problem for PW-CN. **** those America kids who want to hyper in FCC, but complain about people who "hyper too fast." This is why you get a half-assed fix, because PWI alone created and continues this problem.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    I smell another 500 page thread.
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    its to late with goonz glitch fix.....look ranks...look all players that are 105
    and not only that...look their alts that are also now over 100+
    i know many people that used glitch to level 3 or more of their alts to level 100+

example:

thats to big advantage compared to normal players that didnt cheat....lets say i get 3 nirv keys a day(4 with bh) and they can get 12+ for all their chars(+more bh rewards) ...so what is the point...they cheated...they are higher levels....they can farmed/make coins better....and they will get away with it....

haha nice job b:victory
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Frankie,

You forgot to put a countdown for when 9 trials mats & Summerwind Tokens will be on sale into CS b:chuckle

i'm guessing that no more than 1 month :-p

Oh, and i'm still waiting for those 'new DQPoints items' one of them a 'good one' comming in october... *looks calendar* omg its november, time runs so fast right? b:shocked

edit: damn wrong thread ._.
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Frankie,

You forgot to put a countdown for when 9 trials mats & Summerwind Tokens will be on sale b:chuckle

i'm guessing that no more than 1 month :-p

Oh, and i'm still waiting for those 'new DQPoints items' one of them a 'good one' comming in october... *looks calendar* omg its november, time runs so fast right? b:shocked

If China delayed the patch a week, then how is that his fault? They got the item in tonight's patch, and it should hopefully be in the DQ shop next week. Did you expect them to pull it out of nowhere? It has to be tested before it can be released en masse.
This discussion has been closed.